kervj

Sep 6, 2020
1601390256606.png

So, i'm stucked at DIK Mansion when i need to talk with people. I talked to everyone and i can't reach any progres. I can't really tell u which episode it is, but i put some screens to help u, help me :D
1601390566261.png

Can any1 help me?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Been a while since I last checked in. Any release date yet? If not how is there much left to do for episode 6?
No release date and we're probably still about a month away from the release based on this list of things mentioned in the latest status update as far as what's still to be done:
  • A queue of 125 renders and 37 animations
  • Roughly 10-15 animations he has left to pose and render
  • 150-300 static renders to pose and render
  • Phone content
  • 2 free-roam events
  • Coding

Jul 20, 2020
View attachment 837595

So, i'm stucked at DIK Mansion when i need to talk with people. I talked to everyone and i can't reach any progres. I can't really tell u which episode it is, but i put some screens to help u, help me :D
View attachment 837597

Can any1 help me?
You probably missed the guy I did standing in line at the bathrooms. Be sure to ho through all thre doors and talk to everyone, once you do Quinn and Tommy will be available to talk to in the hallway.

Reactions: kervj
Jun 12, 2020
View attachment 837595

View attachment 837597

Can any1 help me?

Go through all the doors. Talk with Riona for a kiss. After talking with Rusty you will see Tommy talking with Quinn. Talk to him. You will have one of the best scenes in the game awaiting. I am not gonna spoil it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: SirDawcio

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Thinking outloud....

Library scene, Locked door. Jill reluctance and even slight annoyance that MC shows THAT much interest, not to mention the tension between Bella and Jill after Cathy goes home.... it all adds up to something. Jill being bullied. Leaks about her genetic link to the main character. Her last name. Attentions of Tybolt.... again all adding in...

Depending on the path taken RE: DIK v CHIK I think will also influence certain things.
You can still have scenes with most of the characters if your Decision matrix is neutral. Probably this will tighten up and influence certain outcomes.

Completely acknowledging what was stated about regarding that DPC should have creative freedom, he most certainly also has the freedom to alienate his followers and influence what his financial prospects are in the future if he pulls an AL level of poor decision making.
All of that said.. I have given thought to certain hints given and I think that the following assumptions might be true...

James and Bella- something happened there. Perhaps a miscarried baby. Perhaps Unfaithful moments... Perhaps one brought on by the other. It is possible that the locked door is a baby room that was no longer needed following the tragic ending of a pregnancy. Following that event, perhaps James turned to someone else, and was careless enough to get seen by Bella, or maybe he just shut her out. Hurting badly, she turned to her dead original Best Friend's sister (Jill's deceased older sister,) and started a relationship with Jill that got more than platonic with Jill) James found out, and left after his own indiscretion.
Having been 3 years since that time, Bella, finally able to begin moving on with MC, and then James shows up, cause a bunch of drama.
Let's not forget that Stephen Burke is trying to get with Bella and Jade in a 3 way.. that could play a role if the MC played with Jade.....

Maya and Josy..... This has all the potential for a bad ending if Maya's dad gets all biblical and murders his daughter. That might be a logically f'd up event, but would rain fire on DPC which he would rightfully deserve. This is to be a COMEDY he said so himself. A few wrenches in the system ala Animal House or Porky's or American Pie, sure... murder of love interests... not seeing this as viable....

I have a few more theories. Quinn- almost certainly in for a rock bottom moment, perhaps dragging Sage down until rescued by MC...

Mona outing the HOTs, Quinn seeking to silence her... Riona breaking with Quinn and Quinn takes a fall for it.... possible.

Jade leaving Stephen and making a play for the MC which causes Bella to freak the F out.... always possible.......

Many other thoughts but enough for now....

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Leaks about her genetic link to the main character.
There will be no such thing.

she turned to her dead original Best Friend's sister (Jill's deceased older sister,) and started a relationship with Jill that got more than platonic with Jill) James found out, and left after his own indiscretion.
Same thing for Bella and Jill having a full-on lesbian affair. A one-time indiscretion at best, and even that's probably just a make-out session.

Having been 3 years since that time, Bella, finally able to begin moving on with MC, and then James shows up, cause a bunch of drama.
It's been 3 years since a man has made her feel this horny, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's been 3 years that James hasn't been around.

Let's not forget that Stephen Burke is trying to get with Bella and Jade in a 3 way.. that could play a role if the MC played with Jade.....
Bella will neither have sex with Stephen or a threesome with Jade and the MC. She doesn't like Jade and doesn't seem to like Stephen either.

Maya and Josy..... This has all the potential for a bad ending if Maya's dad gets all biblical and murders his daughter.
And that "theory" can F right out here. If Maya's Dad comes back at all in this story it will either be so the MC can give him an earful by standing up for Maya or Maya will finally stand up to him herself.

amineab

Sep 12, 2019
So guys quick question ... should I redownload the 0.5.2 clean version so when the update comes out I will just download the update only files or the 0.4.2 version upgraded to the 0.5.0 should be fine ?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
So guys quick question ... should I redownload the 0.5.2 clean version so when the update comes out I will just download the update only files or the 0.4.2 version upgraded to the 0.5.0 should be fine ?
I wouldn't re-download the 0.5.2 version because, for whatever reason, the one that's in the OP is an unpacked version and the update patch won't work on a version that has been Unren'd to extract the files.

Anyone who downloaded that 0.5.2 version is going to have to download the whole game when the update hits. but if you have the 0.5.0 version and it doesn't have the mod installed on it or has been unpacked with Unren, then the patch will work just fine.

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I wouldn't re-download the 0.5.2 version because, for whatever reason, the one that's in the OP is an unpacked version and the update patch won't work on a version that has been Unren'd to extract the files.

Anyone who downloaded that 0.5.2 version is going to have to download the whole game when the update hits. but if you have the 0.5.0 version and it doesn't have the mod installed on it or has been unpacked with Unren, then the patch will work just fine.
And I thought I forgot to copy the folder before using Unren for at least a couple of months now

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The disclaimer could also simply be there because DPC knows his audience. IE...adult VN players that while they moan and whine they want realism...in reality they actually don't. Shit happens, people leave you, you can't always save a relationship. But if that was to happen....the player base would go ape all over his ass because as I said, everyone wants a happy ending where the LI worships the MC and nothing bad ever happens which really, is as far from the truth and reality of life as it could possibly get.

Which to a point is fair enough, most of us I would guess play these (like any other game) for an escape from reality but you can't want one thing then complain when it's given to you. I didn't like AL as I just didn't think it was very good all round, the twist at the end was a very meh moment to me and I didn't even think twice over who to save. If that happens here, or an LI we're persuing (say Sage for example) decides she is no longer interested in us, then so be it. That's realism and good writing.

I think that prologue is purely marketing, after all during it DPC presents himself as a "serious" writer, it's a commercial.

but after such a message to expect drama, indeed all possible drama, I think it is normal.

I talked about death because at the end of AL there remains the one in the eyes, the dilemma of who to let die, which for me from a dramatic point of view is a great moment, but to which too much importance is given (always speaking from the perspective of a game, if it were reality it would change everything)

but I don't agree with your realism discourse, that a girl you like leaves you is realism, that a girl that the game presents as your LI, MUST leave you is cheat, it's a half scam, because the player doesn't choose she is presented to him in that role, and if you make me play a game that I have to lose, you're cheating me. wanting this reasoning can also be done for AL, where I am presented with the possibility of the mini harem, only to slip it out from under my nose, but it is less direct.

I have no problem with the drama, it suits me perfectly that the path to get to each LI is particularly complicated and full of suffering, but as a player I expect it to be possible.

p.s. I've already said: for me the problem with AL is the excessive addition of drama, for an ending that didn't need it (violent family, blackmail, corrupt police, your best friend with cancer ... need the serial killer)
If Sage were to die, that would be "dark", but if she just continues to drag her feet with the Chad situation, then that's just frustrating. If the MC were to fail at every attempt, then that would mean the player has no agency of that relationship which is an entirely different matter altogether, and not one that it is likely to happen.

The difference between what is "dark" and what is "heavy" is simply that a heavy storyline is one laced with raw emotions and possibly tragedy, whereas a dark storyline is one that involves more visceral themes like rape, murder, kidnapping, accidental death, etc. In this regard, the death of a character is the worst thing that can happen because of the finality of it, and even moreso if it's unpreventable like in AL.

Yeah, but these games are meant to be better than life. There's enough bad shit that happens in the real world and the joy of these games is that they take you away from that for a short while to enjoy a better world. We don't really need reminders of the fragility of life in a game where we're trying to enjoy a better sex life that most us could ever hope to have in the real world.
dying is a very normal thing, it doesn't have to be "dark".

I honestly don't understand the difference between letting an LI die, for example in a car accident, very realistic, and instead making her disappear from the game for another reason, another example Bella who moves to another city to join her husband.

they are both final turns, narratively they are identical.

as a player the second is much more frustrating, at least for me, because in any case it gives you the idea of having made a mistake, of a sense of guilt, while the first is fate, destiny.

of course I'm only talking in the event that there are inevitable turns that are part of the plot

Last edited:

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
I think that prologue is purely marketing, after all during it DPC presents himself as a "serious" writer, it's a commercial.
I don't know if I'd go THAT far, but I could certainly see the disclaimer as DPC being overly cautious knowing how fragile some of his players seem to be. People have ridiculous meltdowns over the tiniest of things, so it could just be him covering his ass. I doubt it... but it's possible.

That said, there's plenty of foreshadowing in the game that 'heavy' things are on their way to make the MC's life difficult before he eventually rides off into the sunset with one or more of the girls. It would be extremely lame (and boring!) if everything is sunny and happy from here on out.

Rimmer

May 27, 2017
I don't think anyone would have had much of a problem with AL, if it had had the required tags and been more obvious the path it was going down, unfortunately it didn't and folks were annoyed, so that's why he had to state what to expect from this game.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes