felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
i am playing the DIK route and cant have Maya and Josy. If i play another route can i have them too but without losing the other girls (especialy Sage)?
difficult to answer

in theory no LI is precluded from affinity, the only exception to date is the M + J trouple (which is still possible for 2 out of 3 affinities), but for example the individual routes should be accessible anyway.

a neutral affinity or CHICK causes you to lose relationship points with Sage, a DIK with Jill, Bella and Maya. but nothing particularly limiting

rj677

May 30, 2020
Propably was here like a milions times but still: how do you all feel about Quinn?
I didn't like neither her style and character, she was just playing bitch - nothing new. Then her shady stuff started coming out - i didn't care either, she is dealing drugs, whatever. But it changed when MC helped her and invited to his new place. She kinda starts to melting (especially when she notes that it is old Vinny's room). During their lewd scene there is no text or words (maybe few of them) and for the first time i focused on music in this game and i was amazed. The lyrics and the mood really fits Quinn's story and her situation. The song made this scene my favourite in the game and made me actually like her and her story.

Some ppl say that she will end up dead, but actually i would love to see that. I mean it would be very heartbreaking (after i liked her lol), and seeing her again in lewd scenes would be really weird and awkward, but i think that would be the best end for her, she could try with MC's help get other girls out of shady business and pay her life for that. I just can't belive that she will get redemption AND she will be fine at the end of her story.
I think Quinn is a well written character and serves the game well. But I don't really like her as a person, and I don't find her particularly interesting. Once we learn that her 'criminal mastermind' act is bluster and she's actually really bad at her job, everything else feels very much by the numbers. Which I want to underscore is not a bad thing; Quinn isn't a flat character, she's just a simple one. Being simple-but-well-executed is perfect for a side character, IMHO.

So Quinn's a good fit for the game: an early antagonist who could wind up being either an ally or an object lesson later in the game. She has strong characterization and a great aesthetic, and she has connections to a bunch of other characters to help advance the plot. All good stuff. Quinn's distaste for Maya (the most mainline of the LIs, for better and worse) effectively makes Quinn's path an alternative that enhances replay value, which is also fine with me. In that sense, I like her.

My only problem is that while Quinn works well, in the end she's still an asshole. I understand the reasons for her attitude, but I don't like the way she behaves or the way she treats other people. So in general my MC's don't have much to do with her. Since Quinn will only open up to people who placate her (at least thus far), that makes her content rather dull from my point of view; it's just something to help my more DIK-ish runs stand out.

I agree it seems unlikely that Quinn could be 'redeemed' in the usual sense. She isn't going to stop being an asshole. But she could potentially be a less abrasive asshole, and she can definitely be a smarter one. So there is some chance Quinn could survive the game as a better person, at least with the MC's help. That's what I'm hoping for.

Barring that, it's certainly possible Quinn will wind up dead. As a side girl, she would be a logical target to underline a threat or raise the stakes for the main characters. I'd like to think DPC will avoid killing characters in this game, but his track record speaks for itself. Still, if the event is used to give the character closure (rather than just a shock for the player), it could be a fitting end for Quinn and thus a net boon for the game (especially if it's possible to avoid in some routes).

It will come down to execution (pun not intended).
In my opinion, Quinn is a polarizing character. You either love her or hate her, but I think the opinion that everyone forms of Quinn depends on the perspective used and what everyone likes... It comes down to a simple matchup: the way Quinn treats the MC vs The way Quinn treats other people. (Keep in mind these are the views of a DIK player)

If you think about her actions/interactions and her relationships with other people, you will probably dont like her. If you focus only on the so called "prostitution", the drugs, the way she treats Maya, if you dont like her being a bitch to everyone, I will admit that she isnt likable

But if you think about her actions, her interactions and her relationship with the MC that equation changes. In my opinion and from what I have experienced in the game, Quinn doesnt have any problems with the MC directly. And when she is being a bitch to a DIK MC, it seems more like foreplay and less like a threat, even Sage acknowledges this.

Ultimately Quinn finds a DIK MC an equal, someone that isnt afraid of her and someone she can find common ground both on personality and sexuality, almost trusting the MC.

In ep5, we see her being "weirdly girly" with the MC via text after the whole Tommy thing, and I think its because she lost Tommy (another equal to her) and she doesnt want to lose the MC as well. And then, in ep6, she accepts the help of the MC because she knows he is helping her not because of pity, but because he truly wants to help her

Concluding, I dont want Quinn to change more than she already has because I dont want her to be Jill emotionally and on personality. I want Quinn to keep the same energy, be a badass bitch with everyone else and a friend to the MC with whom she can trust and lower her guard sometimes (but please not always, that would make her "too easy" and mostly when they are alone).

I think Ep7 and 8 will give us some clue about what DPC is planning to do with Quinn because there are a lot of conflicts aproaching, the biggest one (atleast in my opinion) being Sage vs Quinn (True DIK LI vs Supposed DIK LI) and what would be the backlash of the HOTs Evaluation, Mona (Sages daughter) apparently leaving and when Sage learns about the shady dealings Quinn has been doing behind her back (This last one gives me chills just thinking about it :oops:)

SenkuIshigami

Jun 12, 2019

View attachment 969447
Jill is my favourite and I've been thinking the same things for the past 2 updates now: ''This is the update we finally see her pussy fully revealed'' ''This is the update where we go beyond kissing''

And I'm going to continue to get my hopes high. This update is the one. I'm feeling it, like I have in past updates :whistle:

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Jill is my favourite and I've been thinking the same things for the past 2 updates now: ''This is the update we finally see her pussy fully revealed'' ''This is the update where we go beyond kissing''

And I'm going to continue to get my hopes high. This update is the one. I'm feeling it, like I have in past updates :whistle:
No doubt Jill is my favourite too but her build-up is slow
so in the next episode, we will see kissing and other romantic stuff but nothing too advanced than that or if DPC does something out of the blue.
We can just assume and guess what will happen in the next episode only time will tell.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020

If in the next update Jill does not do anything more than a kiss I will go off the thread for a week, I have spoken

Mr. Mayhem

Apr 14, 2019
is it me or did episode 6 feel a lot shorter than the other previous episodes? I'm wondering why it took so long and the only thing I can think of is DPR coding the mansion clean up mini-game. hopefully, since that's now out of the way, episode 7 will come out faster.

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
is it me or did episode 6 feel a lot shorter than the other previous episodes? I'm wondering why it took so long and the only thing I can think of is DPR coding the mansion clean up mini-game. hopefully, since that's now out of the way, episode 7 will come out faster.
What you mean shorter? Even the numbers proves that it is bigger than the previous ones.

The only explanation I can think of is some man last longer than others :KEK:

(I'm talking about reading you filthy degenerate)

bolsiita

May 20, 2018
In my opinion, Quinn is a polarizing character. You either love her or hate her, but I think the opinion that everyone forms of Quinn depends on the perspective used and what everyone likes... It comes down to a simple matchup: the way Quinn treats the MC vs The way Quinn treats other people. (Keep in mind these are the views of a DIK player)

If you think about her actions/interactions and her relationships with other people, you will probably dont like her. If you focus only on the so called "prostitution", the drugs, the way she treats Maya, if you dont like her being a bitch to everyone, I will admit that she isnt likable

But if you think about her actions, her interactions and her relationship with the MC that equation changes. In my opinion and from what I have experienced in the game, Quinn doesnt have any problems with the MC directly. And when she is being a bitch to a DIK MC, it seems more like foreplay and less like a threat, even Sage acknowledges this.

Ultimately Quinn finds a DIK MC an equal, someone that isnt afraid of her and someone she can find common ground both on personality and sexuality, almost trusting the MC.

In ep5, we see her being "weirdly girly" with the MC via text after the whole Tommy thing, and I think its because she lost Tommy (another equal to her) and she doesnt want to lose the MC as well. And then, in ep6, she accepts the help of the MC because she knows he is helping her not because of pity, but because he truly wants to help her

Concluding, I dont want Quinn to change more than she already has because I dont want her to be Jill emotionally and on personality. I want Quinn to keep the same energy, be a badass bitch with everyone else and a friend to the MC with whom she can trust and lower her guard sometimes (but please not always, that would make her "too easy" and mostly when they are alone).

I think Ep7 and 8 will give us some clue about what DPC is planning to do with Quinn because there are a lot of conflicts aproaching, the biggest one (atleast in my opinion) being Sage vs Quinn (True DIK LI vs Supposed DIK LI) and what would be the backlash of the HOTs Evaluation, Mona (Sages daughter) apparently leaving and when Sage learns about the shady dealings Quinn has been doing behind her back (This last one gives me chills just thinking about it :oops:)
If I had to choose for the MC between Quinn or Sage in the coming conflict, I feel like I would prefer to have Quinn's back. I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of Sage's friendship.
I think for the next update I'll do a fresh play through and try to make my decision then.

Mr. Mayhem

Apr 14, 2019
What you mean shorter? Even the numbers proves that it is bigger than the previous ones.

The only explanation I can think of is some man last longer than others :KEK:

(I'm talking about reading you filthy degenerate)
It took me 3 days to finish it and I did the chick path so maybe episode 6 has more content for the dik path which I'm currently doing now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: mamameolhando

The Dark Moonshine

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020
Not for the Dick path, I don't know about chick path.

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
maybe it's because when storylines diverge, the same amount of content gets splitted in the diverging paths

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
5 was way shorter than 6

I play for short breaks in the day, difficult to go beyond half an hour.

and in my opinion it's easy to get a misperception of how vast an episode actually is.

to me, for example, some parts of the sixth chapter bored me, so they seemed "eternal", while the first chapters still involve me a lot, so even when I play them again time flies.

I don't think the number of renders gives a real measure of the "playability" of a chapter, moreover the more we go forward the narrower the road becomes and we are forced to leave something aside.

for example in the sixth or you are in the trouple or you have the contents of Jade and Quinn, or you go to the picnic with Jill or you look after Sage and eventually go to the pub with Tommy

2 forced choices take away almost half of your content

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes