DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I mean, someone wanting to do it does not show that it is doable. Doing it shows it is doable. Have you seen footage of Olympic gymnasts from the 60s? If you told them what modern gymnasts can do they would laugh at you. If you showed them what modern gymnasts doing the shit they do, it would drop their jaws.

Anyways, you would need to define what constitutes an ending. Let's take my Pillars of Eternity example again, and let's say you start the game from the left, so to the right you have the final boss and what you decide to do with him.

GoodGoodGoodGoodGoodGoodGoodGoodGoodGood
NeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutral
EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvil

Let's say each quest has a route for each alignment, each different from the other. Obviously the ones above are different endings, no doubt we agree on that, one being purely Good, one pure Neutral, the last one pure Evil.

NeutralGoodGoodGoodGoodGoodGoodGoodGoodGood
NeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralEvilEvilEvil
GoodGoodGoodNeutralNeutralNeutralEvilEvilEvilEvil

But what about now? The Good route is still 90% identical. Personally, I feel like you're really stretching it if you consider this a different ending from pure Good.

What about the neutral path? That's 70% the same as pure Neutral. If you lump them up like this toward the end of the game it would kind of tell a story in itself, so I would definitely qualify that as a separate ending. But if you have sprinkled the Evil choices throughout the game then it would have played out more like another Neutral game but with a slightly darker tone.

The last one is... Well, it's a descent into darkness, I guess. This one is obviously very different from any pure [Alignment] and so easily qualifies for me.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that the whole 200 endings thing sounds like one big , which is why I'm hesitant to believe it at face value.
Ah, so you just dismiss it out of hand, without even looking at what the dev is talking about. Hey I don't care either way, it's your loss.

My point was it's possible for a solo dev, like DPC, to make a game with branching path's.

Notty (the dev of the game I'm talking about) is doing it right now with characters and dialogue that are just as good, if not better, than DPC's. And it seems that I'm not the only one who think's so because she's racking up awards left and right, even one from F95zone.

Reactions: Johnyboie

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I never said that Riona was in a secret plot to get Sage, I said that there was no indication, in any of her dialogue that I can remember, that she cared about Sage as a friend or a sister. If you look back and carefully read her dialogue, you never see her showing any feelings of care or affection for anyone in the game, anyone but herself. Finally in chapter 6 she does say that Camila is her favorite daughter, but in my opinion that's just a sexual relationship. We'll see how it turns out. In the mean time my opinion of Riona is shaped by how we see her act and speak in game. And so far that's only been selfishly.
That doesn't actually answer the question I asked. I quoted the post where you said it was "odd" that Riona told the MC to take care of Sage because Riona has never cared about Sage. Now you're saying that Riona has never shown any indication about anyone but herself period (then list an example of her doing just that and say it doesn't count for arbitrary reasons). At this point, I'm just trying to understand what you thought was odd about Riona's request to the MC.

Look, if you don't really find it to be odd on close examination, fine; we can add Riona's character and motivations top the vast pile of things we disagree about. But if you still think her behavior is odd, could you articulate why that particular interaction (asking the MC to take care of Sage) is more revealing of her than telling Heather not to second guess Sage's decisions?

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Ah, so you just dismiss it out of hand, without even looking at what the dev is talking about. Hey I don't care either way, it's your loss.
No, I don't, and it's becoming increasingly clear to me with your every post that you're not really reading what people are writing. Or, arguably worse, don't care.

Did you not see the wall of text? The two tables and the Wikipedia link?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
If you actually played the game I don't think you'd say that. But even if the dev's goals are too lofty (I don't think they are) it shows that it can be done, even in the three chapters completed there are many branching paths. DPC isn't even being asked to do nearly that much.
I've played Heavy Five and I will say this: even if that game is ever finished and it lives up to Notty's ambition, I would be surprised if the endings will offer more meaningful variations that BaDIK will.

Even if we assume there will be possible endings for ALL of the HF cast, that's still well short of 200 endings. Notty must be planning on some sort of combinatoric factor to get to 200. In that case, BaDIK has a much larger cast and plenty of side-quests of its own, so my money would be on BaDIK.

Let's say HF goes all in and there are 10 characters with 4 different (independent) endings apiece on top of 5 different end states for the game world, how many of those variations will MATTER? If my hypothetical run winds up focusing on, say, Sarah, just how much am I going to care about exactly which ending the rest of the cast gets?

Unless the endings are intertwined, a lot of the variations are going to be irrelevant to most people. If they are intertwined, then they will almost certainly be narratively incoherent because unless Notty writes 200 different games to complete HF, then the plot will need to be threadbare enough that given events can apply for all those different endings.

(That IMHO, is the big flaw with HF thus far: the MC hasn't done a damn thing 3 episodes in because all the focus has been on cursory interactions and D&G-esque mini-games).

That's my take, anyway. Then again, until both games are finished, all we're doing is arguing over who we'd trust more to deliver a good ending. I've no quarrel with anyone who prefers Notty's style or can't forgive DPC for that damn fire, but nothing I've seen from HF suggests it can offer a roadmap for a story-driven game like BaDIK.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
That doesn't actually answer the question I asked. I quoted the post where you said it was "odd" that Riona told the MC to take care of Sage because Riona has never cared about Sage. Now you're saying that Riona has never shown any indication about anyone but herself period (then list an example of her doing just that and say it doesn't count for arbitrary reasons). At this point, I'm just trying to understand what you thought was odd about Riona's request to the MC.

Look, if you don't really find it to be odd on close examination, fine; we can add Riona's character and motivations top the vast pile of things we disagree about. But if you still think her behavior is odd, could you articulate why that particular interaction (asking the MC to take care of Sage) is more revealing of her than telling Heather not to second guess Sage's decisions?
I don't really care what question you asked, I'm not interested in your question's or your opinions for that matter.

paulphoenix

Jun 2, 2018
hello friends, happy new year to all, i got a damn fucking bug with the last version of being a dik, when i check the smartphone in game, and choose characters bios, i see the names of the characters, but not anymore the story i have done with them. do you know how to fix this ?

have a nice day all

history is gone for all characters

no more fucking history.jpg

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
No, I don't, and it's becoming increasingly clear to me with your every post that you're not really reading what people are writing. Or, arguably worse, don't care.

Did you not see the wall of text? The two tables and the Wikipedia link?
Yes, it was hilarious. And totally superfluous.

As I've written several times now, and apparently you've failed to read, my point was that it's not impossible to add branching path's to an AVN. And I'm tired of reading the argument that it is and that DPC's holy plot is not to be questioned.

Reactions: Johnyboie

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
OK, then show us how she cares, about anyone. Because reading back through her dialogue, I don't see it.
I can't show you, because those moments were already cited by other people here and you clearly disagreed with them, so there's not much I can do. They're also not directly stated but interpreted from what she says, how she says it, and even her body language. And if there's anything we can derive from this conversation, it's that you and I don't read these things the same way at all.
Here are the scenes when Riona showed interest in anything other than drugs, money, sex and the restaurant business (which is basically all about drugs, money and sex anyway):
  • Ep4. On the rooftop she casually asks how the MC is coming along with his Hell Week challenges.
  • Ep4. When MC is staying at the HOTs she asks if MC's roommate troubles are Troy again.
  • Ep4. When MC is roaming at the HOTs she chats with him about why he's staying with Sage, music and dating.
  • Ep5. Talking with Heather about the necessity of the prep's party.
  • Ep6. She jokes at the lunch table with the HOTS and the MC.
  • Ep6. When MC is looking after Sage she comments that he's being sweet and chats about the new HOTs and complains about sharing her dorm room, and yes, her final comment is "Take care of Sage for me".
  • Ep6. When Camila becomes a HOT Riona is genuinely happy for her and asks if she'll share her dorm room.
That final scene with Cammy is like the only time Riona shows any seemingly genuine interest in anyone.

When Riona cuts off Heather regarding questioning the need for the Prep Party:

Riona: "Hey, don't look at me. This was Sage's idea."
Heather: "I don't agree with it."
Riona: "We...shouldn't talk like that."

The hesitance in her last sentence indicates shes not comfortable. She's not comfortable because Heather is right, and it's all because of Quinn's corruption of the HOTs. Riona knows that. She's protecting Quinn (and herself), not Sage.

Mostly throughout the game she's just stressing about the restaurant business and the risks associated with it. It's clear though, throughout the entire story, her loyalties are 100% to Quinn even if they don't see eye-to-eye on how Quinn runs things.

Seems more like bloat the game rather. Some of the features don't contribute anything to the storyline, and only add a superficial variety. Like why do we need 10 different minigames inside another game. I'd much rather he focus on progressing the story and making it more believable, than this unnecessary padding with features not only nobody asked for, but some of which derail the focus entirely like the D&G sequences.
Was Swyper bloat? Was Rooster bloat? Was Nora bloat? Was D&G bloat (OK don't answer that last one). The game is the sum of all its parts. Not every component of the game drives the story, but they are all part of the story. We all know the MC got a new phone, there are comments on this board wondering when he'll get to use it. Each component of the game is liked by numerous people, unfortunately, not everyone will like everything.

Given DPC started this game, I'd like him to continue doing it his way since it's works for me. If he started doing the things that everyone in this forum wants, it wouldn't be the game he set out to make in the first place.

Can anyone explain to me why MC feels betrayed when he found out Maya dated Josy? I've played this game several times but never got that
Josy told the MC she was in a relationship but made it sound like it was ending. Maya told the mc she had a boyfriend then told him later that it was a thing she said to stop guys asking her out. The mc was pretty transparent with his relationships (although you can play it differently, he does tell each girl that he's with that he's also seeing other girls). So when it turns out that Maya is in a relationship with Josy, he feels they both deceived him. Plus their relationship with each other was a lot more serious than the MC's relationships with anyone at this point, so he felt they were wrong to string him along (while he totally wanted it at the time, both girls were all over him at stages - totally leading him on).

In the girls' defense, their relationship with each other really was rocky, Maya's dad was making it difficult, long distance was making it difficult, and the MC's cock was making it difficult too.

But really, the MC was just being a little bitch and should have not stormed out all butt-hurt. Who knows how things may have progressed if he stayed that night when Josy showed up. But it all got sorted eventually anyway.

Hey guys! Is it possible to avoid romancing Maya from the start and focusing only on Josy?
No matter how you play it, Maya will still make out with the MC after the Cumpetition, and she'll always kiss the MC on the picnic blanket where Derek intervenes. Other than that, the mc can just treat her as a friend.
Is there a place where i can get the music used in this game? its so good!
Yeah there are some songs I really love. I would like to know them
The entire playlist is on Youtube (if the tally is correct there are 161 tracks!):

Uh, that is a little bit sad. So basically I can do whatever I want and I will still end up in the same situation where I have to choose between starting a threesome or going for the "friends" route.
There's a good possibility (many here are speculating it) that Maya and Josy may not be a couple for the rest of the story, in which case the MC could swoop in and pick up the broken pieces...

Last edited:

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Yes, it was hilarious. And totally superfluous.

As I've written several times now, and apparently you've failed to read, my point was that it's not impossible to add branching path's to an AVN. And I'm tired of reading the argument that it is and that DPC's holy plot is not to be questioned.
I just... wow.

Well, you should at least know you have a terrible habit of latching on to and arguing things that were never said. I've several times pointed out variations of "literally not anyone said that"... And you just did it twice in one post. I would laugh, but it's more tragic than it is funny. Something to reflect on, and I hope you do.

Mad Dog.

May 24, 2019
Damn this thread is long.

So anyways... I've downloaded this game like two days ago and have been playing it non stop. I just finished with my first playthrough.

Do you guys know how many paths or romance interests there are? I want to make a save and dedicate it to a certain girl/girls.

For example, my first playthrough is the Maya and Josy route. I also see a ...

2. Bella / Jill route. (Don't know if they branch off or nor)

3. A Sage route.

4. A Quinn route.

5. A Cathy and Tybalts Mom route

My aim is completion. I want to get the most content I can without jamming everything into a single save.

I also plan a Major DIK and Major Chick save to see how much of a difference it makes.

But anyways, could any of you fellas clear up any misunderstandings I may have? Maybe something wrong with my routes?

This game has been out for more than 3 years now so I definently missed something.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes