godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
I don't think the reconstruction of the DIKs headquarters ends up on the phone, in the end it can only proceed when MC is there.

a new minigames could be there
He can easily communicate through "texts" what room to clean.

It's not like we see scenes of him telling everyone what room to clean.

The mini game can easily move to the phone if Pinkcakes wishes. Depends on what he wants the free roam to be going forward.

I think another two updates of only roaming the mansion would get a little boring. Plus then I'll have to come to this topic and see you guys bitch about the DOOR for another year.

• Haha
Reactions: IkarusWestwood

ALCapote

Jul 20, 2020
I see a lot of you are saying that Swyper is dead...
In the news update, DPC mentions that some apps "have merged".
So, as far as we know, it may have merged with Rooster, for instance.

Reactions: Johnyboie and aragh

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He can easily communicate through "texts" what room to clean.

It's not like we see scenes of him telling everyone what room to clean.

The mini game can easily move to the phone if Pinkcakes wishes. Depends on what he wants the free roam to be going forward.

I think another two updates of only roaming the mansion would get a little boring. Plus then I'll have to come to this topic and see you guys bitch about the DOOR for another year.
but he always works too, I can't imagine him commanding others and that's it

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Not sure how you can integrate in Rooster the swype up/down thing for new people. Maybe the ongoing chats with Nicole, Arieth and the other couple of girls that didn't block you by default can be moved to a 'private' rooster section but I'm pretty sure we won't be getting new meat, which was the original Swyper's purpose.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Not sure how you can integrate in Rooster the swype up/down thing for new people. Maybe the ongoing chats with Nicole, Arieth and the other couple of girls that didn't block you by default can be moved to a 'private' rooster section but I'm pretty sure we won't be getting new meat, which was the original Swyper's purpose.
Once you have flirted and seen the words of the Mc (that a user has put up, scalvi I think) swyper is dead yes. But come on, seeing as Rooster is a kind of mix between instagram and twitter, the girls you've hooked up with can talk to you over there as well as sms. No problem

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Yes please, I would like more Nicole, she seems like a really cool gal.

Can anyone explain to me why MC feels betrayed when he found out Maya dated Josy? I've played this game several times but never got that
Oh boy, there's a lot of layers to that one and I kinda agree that it's weird. In a very nebulous and undefined way I kind of get it, but sitting here, trying to break it down for you, I'm having some trouble finding the words.

Hey guys! Is it possible to avoid romancing Maya from the start and focusing only on Josy?
Nope, it's used as a center point for a lot of the early drama.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Well what you want if these features wouldn't be there the game would be done in 8-10 updates not 12-14...:WeSmart:
Honestly, that would be fine by me. If the story is engaging and each update lasts a significant amount of time with plenty of choices and paths along the way, I don't mind it being as short as a Netflix or Disney+ series in terms of update/episode length. It's about quality over quantity, and "quantity" doesn't just apply to update/episode length, it also applies to how much a dev packs in to their game and features like this, whilst impressive and ocassionally immersive, can be a bit much when it's the characters and story that are more engaging and deserve more focus.

Do you know why I think Being a DIK is the top rated game on this entire website? It's because the devs don't take those kinds of shortcuts, and release a product which only focuses on the next sex scene after the other.
Without Pinkcake's initiative this game wouldn't have a killer soundtrack, fun minigames, great visual design or little details in the cutscenes that take the characters from 3d animatrons to fully fledged people. None of these things were technically necessary for telling the story, but it's what makes it great.
Most games on this website feel lifeless because of the same reason a Ubisoft RPG feels lifeless: The game designers only care about efficiency, speed and money per hour worked, leaving their games devoid of any creative spirit.
That's why I think skipping details like this is a horrible idea. You'll get a product a few weeks earlier, but you'll end up heavily dissapointed and whine in the comments like it always happens on this website if quality dips half a percentage below the expected.
So let Dr Pinkcake work. The devs have earned MUCH confidence with their current and previous work.
Focusing on the main characters and story over updating the in-game phone feature is hardly "taking a shortcut", it's focusing on what's most important in a "visual novel".

A game can still have a "killer soundtrack, fun minigames, great visual design or little details in the cutscenes" and still be a great game without spending an inordinate amount of time on things which are extraneous to the main story. I do think that the phone feature is a nice touch, particularly the Rooster app which is very immersive, but it has no great impact on the story and was fine the way it was.

DPC said before Ep 6 that they were working on a couple of new features, so we know this has been in the works for a while, but whether it's this or spending who knows how long working out the mathematical computations of how to make the mansion repair system be doable within a few episodes, this is all time that, I feel, would have been better spent on the main game to not only provide more content that advances certain parts and answers certain things, but also iron out any plot holes and inconsistencies that seem to be cropping up more and more.

This is probably still a WIP version so it's possible that's why it's not there.

Can anyone explain to me why MC feels betrayed when he found out Maya dated Josy? I've played this game several times but never got that
If you don't get it even after playing their paths, then you probably never will.

Yes, but you can avoid her romance xd
But why would anyone want to do that? :unsure: ;)

Last edited:

Dr Krieger

Jun 28, 2017
Nope, it's used as a center point for a lot of the early drama.
Uh, that is a little bit sad. So basically I can do whatever I want and I will still end up in the same situation where I have to choose between starting a threesome or going for the "friends" route.

Reactions: DavDR

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The only moments that were cited by other people was Riona saying "we shouldn't be talking about this" Ename insist that this is proof that Riona is defending Sage, after blatantly lying about her. So if you have any Riona dialogue that shows a feeling of affection or respect for Sage, please produce it. And I'm talking about clear dialogue of undoubted meaning, not "we shouldn't be talking about this", which could be interpreted many ways. If you can't produce such dialogue then please drop the subject.
Let me try a different tack:

Sage mentions that she didn't ask her HOT Sister's for help because their pity embarrasses her. Riona does say to the MC to take care of Sage, which is a bit odd because Riona was spreading rumors about Sage only a few days before.
Can you explain why you think it's odd Riona would ask the MC to take care of Sage?

You've made it clear you don't see her defense of Sage to Heather as in any way indicative of of Riona caring about Sage. So why is her offhand remark to the MC different? She's not under truth serum, and she has made no effort to help the MC in his task.

If you think Riona is secretly out to get Sage, wouldn't this just be another case of Riona playing the loyal sister in public?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes