MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Damn this thread is long.

So anyways... I've downloaded this game like two days ago and have been playing it non stop. I just finished with my first playthrough.

Do you guys know how many paths or romance interests there are? I want to make a save and dedicate it to a certain girl/girls.

For example, my first playthrough is the Maya and Josy route. I also see a ...

2. Bella / Jill route. (Don't know if they branch off or nor)

3. A Sage route.

4. A Quinn route.

5. A Cathy and Tybalts Mom route

My aim is completion. I want to get the most content I can without jamming everything into a single save.

I also plan a Major DIK and Major Chick save to see how much of a difference it makes.

But anyways, could any of you fellas clear up any misunderstandings I may have? Maybe something wrong with my routes?

This game has been out for more than 3 years now so I definently missed something.
I haven't exactly been a completionist so someone else can surely give you a more comprehensive (and possibly more accurate) answer, but I'll try to at least tide your curiosity for now.

So, Jade and Cathy and Sage and Quinn and Nicole are all part of a DIK playthrough. We don't know whether Jill and Bella are mutually exclusive yet, but assuming they are, that's two (Chick) routes for them, one for the aforementioned DIK path, one (Chick) for Maya+Josy, and some people are speculating that we'll also have the chance to choose either Maya OR Josy (though in that case you can probably just use the Maya+Josy save until the relevant branch... Probably a Chick path too).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at least, I'm sure someone else can help cover for any mistakes or oversights.

You know, the idea exists that if you want good answers on the Internet, you should sneak in false facts into your post so that nerds get the urge to go "Umm, no, actually..." and correct you. Not that I did that here, but, you know, it came to mind.

Last edited:

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
It comes out already in january?!
I have no idea why they would say that, so I'm just going to assume they're making a joke about their birthday or something.

Nahh, from what I understand, (I think it was Holy Bacchus who said this, maybe) the estimate is somewhere around March to May.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Damn this thread is long.

So anyways... I've downloaded this game like two days ago and have been playing it non stop. I just finished with my first playthrough.

Do you guys know how many paths or romance interests there are? I want to make a save and dedicate it to a certain girl/girls.

For example, my first playthrough is the Maya and Josy route. I also see a ...

2. Bella / Jill route. (Don't know if they branch off or nor)

3. A Sage route.

4. A Quinn route.

5. A Cathy and Tybalts Mom route

My aim is completion. I want to get the most content I can without jamming everything into a single save.

I also plan a Major DIK and Major Chick save to see how much of a difference it makes.

But anyways, could any of you fellas clear up any misunderstandings I may have? Maybe something wrong with my routes?

This game has been out for more than 3 years now so I definently missed something.
The overall story doesn't change that much no matter how you play it.

The most fun route (if you consider copious sex with as many girls as possible to be fun), is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: johndoe19

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I just... wow.

Well, you should at least know you have a terrible habit of latching on to and arguing things that were never said. I've several times pointed out variations of "literally not anyone said that"... And you just did it twice in one post. I would laugh, but it's more tragic than it is funny. Something to reflect on, and I hope you do.
The game does have some forced plot elements to it, for sure, but personally I think one just needs to accept that products like these need to have a central plot with its own drama with or without player intervention, otherwise starting from your very first choice you would basically need to start baking an entire branch of a game next to the first one. Like, there is always a central line as the plot (because unless it's a completely free-form sandbox game like, say, Kenshi, there simply needs to be one) and all your choices are just little branches and loops that quickly return to the main route.

• Angry

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
*Garbage insinuations.*
Come on, man. This is exactly what I mean when I question your reading ability. I'mma be honest, I'm a smart-ass by nature, so nothing would make me happier than to actually make progress in making you get what the hell people are saying. But by your own admission, you do not care. You even said it was hilarious how I wasted time and effort on you.

So let's just acknowledge that together. Trying to make you understand is a dreadful waste of time, and leave it at that.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Come on, man. This is exactly what I mean when I question your reading ability. I'mma be honest, I'm a smart-ass by nature, so nothing would make me happier than to actually make progress in making you get what the hell people are saying. But by your own admission, you do not care. You even said it was hilarious how I wasted time and effort on you.

So let's just acknowledge that together. Trying to make you understand is a dreadful waste of time, and leave it at that.
Don't ever make up quotes from me and post them again. I'm ignoring you now.

• Angry

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Yes, it was hilarious. And totally superfluous.

As I've written several times now, and apparently you've failed to read, my point was that it's not impossible to add branching path's to an AVN. And I'm tired of reading the argument that it is and that DPC's holy plot is not to be questioned.
Haha, this fucking guy. Starting to think you've been trying to gaslight everyone this entire time.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Josy told the MC she was in a relationship but made it sound like it was ending. Maya told the mc she had a boyfriend then told him later that it was a thing she said to stop guys asking her out. The mc was pretty transparent with his relationships (although you can play it differently, he does tell each girl that he's with that he's also seeing other girls). So when it turns out that Maya is in a relationship with Josy, he feels they both deceived him. Plus their relationship with each other was a lot more serious than the MC's relationships with anyone at this point, so he felt they were wrong to string him along (while he totally wanted it at the time, both girls were all over him at stages - totally leading him on).

In the girls' defense, their relationship with each other really was rocky, Maya's dad was making it difficult, long distance was making it difficult, and the MC's cock was making it difficult too.

But really, the MC was just being a little bitch and should have not stormed out all butt-hurt. Who knows how things may have progressed if he stayed that night when Josy showed up. But it all got sorted eventually anyway.
:confused::confused::confused:

ok, until April we will have to talk about something ...

for me that scene is very realistic and represents in a credible way what three guys would do in front of a big surprise, unexpected for all of them. speaking of course from the perspective of an MC who isn't stunned by the threesome with Riona and Quinn yet (because in that case it's just a bad scene in a bad storyline). Josy escapes to the bathroom avoiding any confrontation right from the start, Maya applies her opossum strategy while waiting for the storm to pass, a distraught MC gossiping with both of them and rather than saying or doing something he might regret he leaves. none of the 3 know how to deal with the situation.

but let's pretend MC was a cold-blooded reptilian, or even better an emotionless cyborg. what was he supposed to do?

if he had revealed "the betrayals" between the two girls before they had had time to clarify a minimum between them, the only consequence would have been a traumatic break between all 3. the two girls in the next 24 hours, practically lived in symbiosis, they don't talk about the elephant in the room, and should MC have done so without warning?
"Maya, she is the girl I was with when I stopped by my house a few days ago, she told me she was engaged, but it was not a problem at all, think about the coincidences ... we order a pizza and let's talk?"
"Josy, what a pleasure to see you again, don't worry I forgive you for interrupting me while I was about to unlock this repentant lesbian, and anyway you fuck better !! at least for now"

that we all actually know what MC should have done:
- avoid Josy once he knew she was engaged, no kisses and no dinner
- avoid any relationship with a strange guy who goes around shirtless
- maturely deal with problems with Troy and stay in the room assigned to him and for which his father paid
- never join the DIKs
- don't get involved in Sage's relationship problems
- study seriously, graduate in the shortest possible time
-always have safe sex as his father told him
- no drugs and no alcohol
- if there really should be a sentimental involvement, bet everything on Jill, the only free girl, and thus settle down economically

this would have been fair behavior and would have made the game realistic and very, very boring:(

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I just recently started playing Heavy Five, the dev in that game is shooting for 200 endings, with dozens of branching paths for every LI. So it can be done.
I'll believe it can be done when I see it, but when someone's throwing those kinds of numbers around I'm going to get worried about implementation. I mean, one could argue that Pillars of Eternity has hundreds of endings, but that would be a terrible misrepresentation. Technically correct, but just not how one should ever phrase it.

I'mma be blunt, this sounds like a marketing ploy and it shouldn't convince anyone of anything, it should raise alarms. Now, I'm not trying to suggest the dev of Heavy Five is intentionally trying to mislead, I've never spoken to him/her, but I've seen this thing I described before, so I feel justified in my skepticism.
I've played Heavy Five and I will say this: even if that game is ever finished and it lives up to Notty's ambition, I would be surprised if the endings will offer more meaningful variations that BaDIK will.

Even if we assume there will be possible endings for ALL of the HF cast, that's still well short of 200 endings. Notty must be planning on some sort of combinatoric factor to get to 200. In that case, BaDIK has a much larger cast and plenty of side-quests of its own, so my money would be on BaDIK.
Just to clarify, Heavy Five has over 200 paths plotted, not endings. Paths diverge and converge. There's no marketing ploy, it just has to be understood for what it is. The number of significantly different endings will of course be a lot smaller.

(That IMHO, is the big flaw with HF thus far: the MC hasn't done a damn thing 3 episodes in because all the focus has been on cursory interactions and D&G-esque mini-games).

That's my take, anyway. Then again, until both games are finished, all we're doing is arguing over who we'd trust more to deliver a good ending. I've no quarrel with anyone who prefers Notty's style or can't forgive DPC for that damn fire, but nothing I've seen from HF suggests it can offer a roadmap for a story-driven game like BaDIK.
It's not a flaw. The first three chapters are mostly introductory. They do the worldbuilding - introducing the setting, the plot, the characters, etc. There's huge emphasis on logic and details. I'd argue it's actually many other games' flaws that they ignore this aspect and don't do it properly, ending up with a bland, generic, uninteresting universe. They don't give you enough opportunity to get comfortable in the MC's shoes, to get bearings and to get to care about things, before going full on with the main plot.

Tbh I've only played BaDIK up to 0.3 I believe (Acting Lessons was my top fav VN of 2018, but I found BaDIK mostly disappointing, despite some obvious qualities. Huge increase in production values (graphics/music), but the story or characters didn't grasp me this time (that I'm tired to death of school settings in VNs and that American fraternity/sorority thing being totally weird and alien concept to me didn't help). Plus I hate the lewds being forced upon the player, like they did with imagination/dream scenes ruining any desire buildup. Nor did I like the DIK/CHICK system illogically railroading/limiting player choices. Nor did I felt like I have enough player agency to influence what the MC will do).

So, I can only compare both games after three episodes, but as far as choices and consequences go, and in extension potential for meaningful endings reflecting player's actions, my money is on Heavy Five. Still, as you say, it's early to say, and we're comparing two games with vastly different settings, so the more quality story-focused adult games there are to cover different genres, the better for the player.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I dunno where is this place of high and mighty y”all retreat to outside of this forum, but man these ideas are all over the place.

1st off, Josy never said in a relationship nor engaged. She said she has a friend. MC has a friend too, she is called Josy!

2nd off .. Maya bit the bullet and stranded her friend in a lusy job in her small town ... guess what, Josy found solace in MC!

3rd off ... this game is eons ahead of heavy 1,2,3,4 or the possible not yer released, 5.
Why, you ask? Because MC in HF is a powder keg of resentment and jealousy, of being trash talked and ignored.
In the f***king 1st episode 2 other crew members havre at it in his face like there was nothing, despite MC
having been strung on to beleive he could stand a chance with either or them. NTR much? The whole of it!

Then in episode 2, the damn alpha jerk just outright tells MC some other babe he is yet to meet ...
HAS ALREADY BEEN FELT UP, SHAGGED AND PERVERTED BY THAT ASS***LE TO KINGDOM COME ALREADY.

So, you see, this game is so mmuch better and t0ons more rewording than that sorry ass bad breath game
where Mc is just some simp starry eyed into the horrid machinations of everybody else on that ship having
a normal life / work relationship, all but him, the guy they all come to thrash on like he does not exist.

BADIK rules in many departments over some games that are so remotely resembling AAA gaming around here.
:confused::confused::confused:

ok, until April we will have to talk about something ...

for me that scene is very realistic and represents in a credible way what three guys would do in front of a big surprise, unexpected for all of them. speaking of course from the perspective of an MC who isn't stunned by the threesome with Riona and Quinn yet (because in that case it's just a bad scene in a bad storyline). Josy escapes to the bathroom avoiding any confrontation right from the start, Maya applies her opossum strategy while waiting for the storm to pass, a distraught MC gossiping with both of them and rather than saying or doing something he might regret he leaves. none of the 3 know how to deal with the situation.

but let's pretend MC was a cold-blooded reptilian, or even better an emotionless cyborg. what was he supposed to do?

if he had revealed "the betrayals" between the two girls before they had had time to clarify a minimum between them, the only consequence would have been a traumatic break between all 3. the two girls in the next 24 hours, practically lived in symbiosis, they don't talk about the elephant in the room, and should MC have done so without warning?
"Maya, she is the girl I was with when I stopped by my house a few days ago, she told me she was engaged, but it was not a problem at all, think about the coincidences ... we order a pizza and let's talk?"
"Josy, what a pleasure to see you again, don't worry I forgive you for interrupting me while I was about to unlock this repentant lesbian, and anyway you fuck better !! at least for now"

that we all actually know what MC should have done:
- avoid Josy once he knew she was engaged, no kisses and no dinner
- avoid any relationship with a strange guy who goes around shirtless
- maturely deal with problems with Troy and stay in the room assigned to him and for which his father paid
- never join the DIKs
- don't get involved in Sage's relationship problems
- study seriously, graduate in the shortest possible time
-always have safe sex as his father told him
- no drugs and no alcohol
- if there really should be a sentimental involvement, bet everything on Jill, the only free girl, and thus settle down economically

this would have been fair behavior and would have made the game realistic and very, very boring:(
Just to clarify, Heavy Five has over 200 paths plotted, not endings. Paths diverge and converge. There's no marketing ploy, it just has to be understood for what it is. The number of significantly different endings will of course be a lot smaller.

It's not a flaw. The first three chapters are mostly introductory. They do the worldbuilding - introducing the setting, the plot, the characters, etc. There's huge emphasis on logic and details. I'd argue it's actually many other games' flaws that they ignore this aspect and don't do it properly, ending up with a bland, generic, uninteresting universe. They don't give you enough opportunity to get comfortable in the MC's shoes, to get bearings and to get to care about things, before going full on with the main plot.

Tbh I've only played BaDIK up to 0.3 I believe (Acting Lessons was my top fav VN of 2018, but I found BaDIK mostly disappointing, despite some obvious qualities. Huge increase in production values (graphics/music), but the story or characters didn't grasp me this time (that I'm tired to death of school settings in VNs and that American fraternity/sorority thing being totally weird and alien concept to me didn't help). Plus I hate the lewds being forced upon the player, like they did with imagination/dream scenes ruining any desire buildup. Nor did I like the DIK/CHICK system illogically railroading/limiting player choices. Nor did I felt like I have enough player agency to influence what the MC will do).

So, I can only compare both games after three episodes, but as far as choices and consequences go, and in extension potential for meaningful endings reflecting player's actions, my money is on Heavy Five. Still, as you say, it's early to say, and we're comparing two games with vastly different settings, so the more quality story-focused adult games there are to cover different genres, the better for the player.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes