Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
So... I got it right, JADE :love:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But the content of the EP's has steadily increased. The quality got better from EP to EP. DPC himself has written that he has participated in courses. All this costs time, which he also invests for our gaming pleasure.

The big game developers have many employees and take years to develop a AAA game. They put millions of money into development.

Okay as a player you then pay between 50€-100€. But what do you get most of the time. A game that is totally buggy and the big guys in the industry don't get around to fixing those bugs for years.

And considering this fact, DPC is doing a great job.
I agree that he is doing a great job, but he is definitely not hurting for money. He can afford any upgrade he wants. He's pulling in easily six figures/year. The time investment though...18 hours/day? Whew. That's insane if true. But, if I had a feminist wife like him, I'd probably work 18 hours/day too. ;) Kidding, I'm sure she's a lovely lady and nothing like Wendy.

Gidarai

Jun 27, 2017

This week I focused on working meticulously on lewd scenes.

I posed static renders, checked and wrote the dialogue, and added animations if I felt that I wanted more of a scene.

I chose to do this now, so I could pose any additional animations early so I don't end up with them at the end of the development. The updated animation count is 240, of which 236 are fully rendered, and I have two lewd scenes to do this process for.

Many static renders were posed overall. There's a big lewd scene in particular that I spent 2.5 days working on. This branching lewd scene is my biggest one yet. It has 69 animations and more than 200 static renders.

I spent some time scouting for sound effects and music as well. I purchased and implemented a few new songs, but I'm not done with this yet.

Next week I will most likely complete the 2 remaining lewd scenes and then continue to work on the story.

I have produced 2891 static renders. If I look at the script and estimate the remaining number of renders to pose, the ballpark number is somewhere between 1000-2500 static renders. I know that is a big range, and those are huge numbers, but that's the best I can estimate right now, as everything is planned but not written yet.

Poll news
In the 2D art poll for Maya, the winning option was Schoolgirl with a front focus. I will order this 2D wallpaper and add it to episode 7.

10,000 Patrons wallpaper series
For the thirteenth wallpaper, I give you Jade. Download the full resolution versions in the attachments below.

View attachment 1054627
View attachment 1054628

Six wallpapers remain in the series, meaning that I will post the final wallpapers in March.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I love how the big lewd scene has 69 animations! :KEK:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

I agree that he is doing a great job, but he is definitely not hurting for money. He can afford any upgrade he wants. He's pulling in easily six figures/year. The time investment though...18 hours/day? Whew. That's insane if true. But, if I had a feminist wife like him, I'd probably work 18 hours/day too. ;) Kidding, I'm sure she's a lovely lady and nothing like Wendy.
Honestly. I'm not jealous about the money.

BaDIK is the second VN/Ren'py I've played and the first I've played through.

I actually come from the shooter genre and just wanted a pastime until the release of Battlefield.

But BaDIK excites my imagination and challenges my mind to look for patterns, details, etc. It just keeps me busy.
And before I spend 25€ on some bells and whistles, I'd rather spend the money on DPC, because DPC gives me something.

Room639

Feb 24, 2019
I'm curious how people feel - would you prefer two shorter episodes released 3 months apart or one longer episode released 6 months apart?

I'd definitely prefer two shorter episodes (which wouldn't be that short, all things considered) if they were released more frequently.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Honestly. I'm not jealous about the money.

BaDIK is the second VN/Ren'py I've played and the first I've played through.

I actually come from the shooter genre and just wanted a pastime until the release of Battlefield.

But BaDIK excites my imagination and challenges my mind to look for patterns, details, etc. It just keeps me busy.
And before I spend 25€ on some bells and whistles, I'd rather spend the money on DPC, because DPC gives me something.
Well BaDIK has some first person shooter moments too. (y)

I'm curious how people feel - would you prefer two shorter episodes released 3 months apart or one longer episode released 6 months apart?

I'd definitely prefer two shorter episodes (which wouldn't be that short, all things considered) if they were released more frequently.
Same. I'll see how much I like this next episode with its mountain of content, but 3 months sounds quite appealing.

Reactions: dalli_x

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

6 months would be a long time to wait

if I think about 20 total episodes, and then 7 years still ahead I would probably give up.

I absolutely prefer a new full-bodied chapter to two half chapters

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

if I think about 20 total episodes, and then 7 years still ahead I would probably give up.

Me too. How can he predict 20 episodes when end game for that would be years in the future? What person knows what they will be doing in so many years? As far as the dev time is concerned, I think 6 months is hitting the limit for most rational men.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
A guessing game for a change!
Many discuss if, when and how Vinny will return.

The question should be with whom he will return.
(Hint: she didn't have good friends and always got into trouble because of that).
you need to explain it better!

he has the same problem as George RR Martin

consider that right now there are 12 possible paths 5 minutes specific for every path is 1 hour of content where people will only enjoy 5 minutes and then add 10-20 minutes of content which is overall!

that is why ep. 5 and 6 seemed to barren to most players with just 1 branch

so making it half episodes will not make it better i just played the last update of rebirth and its was either that good that it only felt like 5 minutes even tough it was 25 minutes of content or it was just 5 minutes of content indeed! i did not timed it i like the story but made me feel that perhaps its better to wait for bigger updates!

in the end it comes down to the balance of quality to quantity, yes DPC should get some damm proof readers that can help him write the scripts and some artists to create and render the scenes, you know heavy lifting and time consuming stuff that has little impact in creative terms for aslong as he keeps the control!

His main focus should be the story arc and architecture and the emotions he wants to craft with every frame that others produce for him... maybe loose some time tweaking here and there to smooth out the story, get 3-5 writters to write dialogue and then either mix them or pick the best!

he is also the best person to determine where are the greatest bottlenecks in terms of production and how best to work around them to keep stuff on schedule! triple AAA companies try and fail all the time on this as we all sadly know, does not mean that saving up 5-20 minutes a day by doing better won`t add up in the long run!

Reactions: dalli_x

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Quinn when she goes after the junkie that jumped her! should be easy she only as to ask Buddy who stopped buying drugs to get an idea, besides junkies are not know as fashion icons they tend to use the same clothes for weeks on end!

So either she takes the MC with her or she tries to do it on her own or she reaches out to Vinnie for help!

which brings into question that message on the candle holder in the Library before the sex!
Why would MC want to get involved in that mess? There is no reason whatsoever for him to get involved in Quinn's drug deals and there is nothing she can offer that should make him even consider it. It would be extremely poor writting by DPC if he got MC involved in drug trafficking...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Why would MC want to get involved in that mess? There is no reason whatsoever for him to get involved in Quinn's drug deals and there is nothing she can offer that should make him even consider it. It would be extremely poor writting by DPC if he got MC involved in drug trafficking...
it is not even difficult to imagine how MC could end up involved.

the traffic concerns the HOTs, therefore Sage, secondarily also Tommy and therefore the DIKs, in addition to the Preps and the Nerds

of course MC would not intervene to solve Quinn's problems and allow her to expand her traffic, but to close the matter without casualties or serious damage

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Guys really now. Doesn't anyone have any ideas?

Okay it's...Zoey!

The timelines of Vinny's and Zoey's departure match.
And when you're friends with Vinny, you get into 100% trouble. Furthermore, there will be decent potential for conflict with MC, Quinn, Tommy, and the LI, regardless.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Easy with my name there Jack. Are you people actually that petty to trash talk me behind my back and belittle me like this? What are you? 12?

People like you here never learn. Because I happen to have morals and decency to play a game and not be a typical guy screwing everything that moves? You know, I dealt with more of my fair share of people like you in school, you types weren't with my time then, and you sure as hell are not worth it now.

So keep laughing it up. I'll keep lurking and responding if I see something.
Dark Side is the true path. Whether it's Renegade, DIK, Closed Fist or any other name, it's the only way worth playing games.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Awry90 and shinkei

Hrllav

Jan 22, 2019
Oooh, big news today!

DPC completed 14 animations this week (with 4 more in production), which puts him well over his high end estimate of 230. He also completed roughly 217 static renders over each of the last two weeks. This brings his overall average to 14.8 animations and 181 static renders per week, though static rate is highly variable.

We also got the long awaited estimation of the total static render count for the game: between 3891 and 5391. That's somewhat wider than my WAG of 4200-4800, but with a reasonably similar median. Let's go to the charts!

Alright, now we can do some actual estimating, though there are still a lot of variables. DPC's static render rate has varied between 100 and 300 static renders per week, though 150 is probably a better estimate for the floor at this point. That means it could take anywhere from 4 to 17 weeks to complete the renders. Now DPC's render rate is highest when he isn't busy working on animations or writing, so it should accelerate as other tasks are finished. Then again, DPC is already 10 animations over his theoretical quota, so I'm not sure he can keep himself completely dedicated purely on statics for that long.

Trying to tie all that into our estimate, I think the best case scenario would be ~3900 statics finished around March 19. The worst realistic case is probably ~5400 statics completed around May 14. If we add around 2 weeks for playtesting, that gives us a release window between April 2 and May 28. So our previous estimate of "April" is now "April or May." I don't think it will get as bad as the worst case, but I also think DPC will wind up diverting some of his posing time to make still more animations.

As of right now, my guess would be late April.

Meanwhile the Jade wallpaper is interesting; warm pink is an unusual color for her. She mostly makes it work, though her shoulder does look very rough.
every time you do the math i die in the inside and lose hope

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017

This week I focused on working meticulously on lewd scenes.

I posed static renders, checked and wrote the dialogue, and added animations if I felt that I wanted more of a scene.

I chose to do this now, so I could pose any additional animations early so I don't end up with them at the end of the development. The updated animation count is 240, of which 236 are fully rendered, and I have two lewd scenes to do this process for.

Many static renders were posed overall. There's a big lewd scene in particular that I spent 2.5 days working on. This branching lewd scene is my biggest one yet. It has 69 animations and more than 200 static renders.

I spent some time scouting for sound effects and music as well. I purchased and implemented a few new songs, but I'm not done with this yet.

Next week I will most likely complete the 2 remaining lewd scenes and then continue to work on the story.

I have produced 2891 static renders. If I look at the script and estimate the remaining number of renders to pose, the ballpark number is somewhere between 1000-2500 static renders. I know that is a big range, and those are huge numbers, but that's the best I can estimate right now, as everything is planned but not written yet.

Poll news
In the 2D art poll for Maya, the winning option was Schoolgirl with a front focus. I will order this 2D wallpaper and add it to episode 7.

10,000 Patrons wallpaper series
For the thirteenth wallpaper, I give you Jade. Download the full resolution versions in the attachments below.

View attachment 1054627
View attachment 1054628

Six wallpapers remain in the series, meaning that I will post the final wallpapers in March.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Damn sounds like its not as close as I thought.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes