Daxos89

Jan 12, 2019
Nothing would shock me more than Quinn doing something altruistic.

Her fans love to pretend that she's a good person deep down inside who only puts up a tough front, but that's not true. Sure, she's a paper tiger who pretends to be tough and will bully anyone that allows her to, but she isn't a good person. And it's obvious when you compare her to Isabella, who is a good person with a frosty outer shell.

Isabella is notoriously cold, but she will go out of her way to help you, even if she dislikes you personally. So if you're playing a full blown DIK who got thrown out of the library by Isabella for unabashedly flirting with her, she will still take care of you after you've been pushed out into the streets naked by Quinn. Now let's compare that to how Quinn treats her best friend Riona, who she's known for years and who has been nothing but helpful to Quinn.

If we choose to have lunch with Sage and Quinn in the cafeteria, we see Riona arrive in an unusually cheerful manner. Quinn glowers at Riona resentfully and it sucks all of the energy out of Riona. The two of them go back to the sorority house to talk alone about Quinn being mugged the night before, and when Riona says that she's been feeling as if someone has been following her too. Quinn calls her ridiculous and paranoid. Riona asks why she would say that, and Quinn says that it's because Riona is nothing. Riona's advice is ignored (as it was before), and she threatens to quit helping Quinn. Quinn responds by saying that Riona can't do that because she doesn't have the brains to finish college on her own.

This is textbook emotional abuse designed to demoralize Riona and keep her dependent on Quinn. And when you combine it with the physical abuse we saw previously where Quinn struck Riona across the face for contradicting her, we see how Quinn is able to sexually exploit Riona for her own gain. So if Quinn isn't going to show any compassion or concern for her oldest friend, who would she care for? It's not Sage. Quinn isn't helping Sage with the HOTs in order to help Sage, it's to help herself by abusing Sage's trust in order to sell drugs and prostitute the HOTs without Sage's knowledge.

Trying to find examples of Quinn acting in selfless manner isn't an easy task, and it's likely impossible if you haven't spent the entire game being her obedient bootlicker. She has consistently been portrayed as a selfish and callous individual who only cares about herself, and one who enjoys making others miserable. Altruistic gestures would be the last thing I would expect to see from her. It seems that we are just supposed to feel sorry for her, simply because bad things happen to her. I suspect that she will most likely break down crying at some point, and the game will expect us to feel sorry for her and go rushing to her aid. You know, like how we had to act concerned about her when she had a nosebleed.

Back when the main character found Steve crying the in closet, we had the choice to either ask him what's wrong, or to say "Whatever. I'll leave you to sit there and cry in your corner." Quinn has done far more to antagonize the MC than Steve ever did, so why is there not a similar option for Quinn? Because she's the writer's pet and we aren't allowed to be mean to her. Sure, she tasered you in the throat until you passed out, kneed you in the balls when you refused her advances, and tormented one of your closest friends, but you still have to be nice to her because.... well, just because you have to.
I agree with this mostly. She is not a good person, but she is not a good person because where she is from there is no such a thing. She grew up in that enviroment. This does not make her actions less wrong. But I think why she treats Riona like that is precisly because she cannot behave differently.
I would go back to the flashback with her father and the story with the rat; She learned that they are on the bottom and they have no hope to get out of there. As soon as Riona wanna call it quits she pulls her back. This is partly because she doe not want to be left alone at the bottom and because that is the example she learned growing up. She was raised with this mentality and cannot deviate from that. Not until the MC (shining armor much) comes and shows the way.
Don't get me wrong I'm not a big Quinn fan either, I just try to understand the story and what DPC is trying to show us. The father flashback with the rat story was a dead giveaway, and was show to us exactly for the reason to understand Quinn's actions and why she behaves like this.
I usually laughing my ass off on her expressions when she cannot understand why the MC behaves with her like he does in some situations. She is genuenly embarassed that she has no clue what is going on and her response is either getting angry or being awkward. :)

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
He made some splashes in discord.
He'll make a release tho when the game goes into beta testing like he did for ep6
as Tony Montana referenced the size of this one is so big that if there is an issue it will be a long way to fix everything! so wait Beta testing to last up to 3 weeks if its good!

anyway DPC is currently play testing himself so i bet he found many rough edges and is fixing them either they be technical or with the overall story! i strongly suspect many scenes will be delayed for later as he tries to balance out story archs and paths! might also means he needs to make quick fixes of filler for some stories to keep them balanced!

As i stated his best choice would be to start closing down LI stories by the end of chapters/seasons if you want that girl this is where your path end, wanna keep playing pick another LI and move on from there!

best solution imho to tell the best story and at the same time keep it contained and manageable!

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
just out of curiosity, what are the terms i need to use to figure out that DPC is currently play testing and is 2-3 weeks from release?
Update. N7 under member name would help, since he doesn't post much else. But really, the thread is getting several hundred posts a day, many of them talking about the excitment of the upcomming update. Why would you ask if it was abandoned without reading at least a few of the recent posts which WILL answer your question.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
No, I can't because I have been banned. :cool:
Yeah one of the members in my group got banned because of the custom renders.
Dpc sent him a mean message.

Update. N7 under member name would help, since he doesn't post much else. But really, the thread is getting several hundred posts a day, many of them talking about the excitment of the upcomming update. Why would you ask if it was abandoned without reading at least a few of the recent posts which WILL answer your question.
Bruh. Don't feed the trolls

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lightaces

Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
He made some splashes in discord.
He'll make a release tho when the game goes into beta testing like he did for ep6
So, it seems that it will take a bit more of what I expected. DPC on his last status update seemed pretty optimistic so I even started to believe that maybe we could get an early realease on friday 16th. I even started daydreaming about an update this very friday, 9th.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I agree with this mostly. She is not a good person, but she is not a good person because where she is from there is no such a thing. She grew up in that enviroment. This does not make her actions less wrong. But I think why she treats Riona like that is precisly because she cannot behave differently.
I would go back to the flashback with her father and the story with the rat; She learned that they are on the bottom and they have no hope to get out of there. As soon as Riona wanna call it quits she pulls her back. This is partly because she doe not want to be left alone at the bottom and because that is the example she learned growing up. She was raised with this mentality and cannot deviate from that. Not until the MC (shining armor much) comes and shows the way.
Don't get me wrong I'm not a big Quinn fan either, I just try to understand the story and what DPC is trying to show us. The father flashback with the rat story was a dead giveaway, and was show to us exactly for the reason to understand Quinn's actions and why she behaves like this.
I usually laughing my ass off on her expressions when she cannot understand why the MC behaves with her like he does in some situations. She is genuenly embarassed that she has no clue what is going on and her response is either getting angry or being awkward. :)
I find this a bit funny, do not be offended but I feel that there is always a reason to justify some characters but for others there are not, I can give you this example with Maya, here many criticize her for her way of being a submissive girl,she can not stand up to her father, then we need a flashback of her to see what her childhood was like and see that she was mentally and physically abused by her father for many years.

Because here they criticize so much about theories that in the end they are theories about helping Maya with the money that the MC currently has, They say she is 18 years old she needs to grow up, Just like that because they say so, Since they want to help Quinn or they forgive almost everything for not saying everything, being she someone of 20 or 21 years of age, But here the age not applies, or how she grew up in that environment that only applies because she is my favorite, or is the best girl I don't say it, her fans say it

The way Quinn lived her childhood surrounded by a drug environment is not good for raising a family and not even good for anyone who at least respects himself. But one difference that we can see with Quinn's father and Maya's father is that at least Quinn's father loved or loves his daughter differently from the other being a drug dealer or a bad person according to the standards of society.

It would be funny if DPC opened Chapter 7 with a flashback of Maya :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Heycock and Daxos89

Daxos89

Jan 12, 2019
I find this a bit funny, do not be offended but I feel that there is always a reason to justify some characters but for others there are not, I can give you this example with Maya, here many criticize her for her way of being a submissive girl,she can not stand up to her father, then we need a flashback of her to see what her childhood was like and see that she was mentally and physically abused by her father for many years.

Because here they criticize so much about theories that in the end they are theories about helping Maya with the money that the MC currently has, They say she is 18 years old she needs to grow up, Just like that because they say so, Since they want to help Quinn or they forgive almost everything for not saying everything, being she someone of 20 or 21 years of age, But here the age or applies, or how she grew up in that environment that only applies because she is my favorite, or is the best girl I don't say it, her fans say it

The way Quinn lived her childhood surrounded by a drug environment is not good for raising a family and not even good for anyone who at least respects himself. But one difference that we can see with Quinn's father and Maya's father is that at least Quinn's father wanted or loves his daughter differently from the other being a drug dealer or a bad person according to the standards of society.

It would be funny if DPC opened Chapter 7 with a flashback of Maya
As I said, I do not think that Quinn's actions are less wrong because of her upbringing. It is not justified, but rather explained by the flashback. Finding it justified or not is up to the player (IMO). Now do not forget here that we are talking about a side girl, not a main LI. So for me explaining her background in a flashback is OK.
As for Maya, her father is hard religius prick... I do not think we need a flashback to understand this. It has been established already. In ep 7 (hopefully) he will either stay a prick and withold the money, or can be persuaded otherwise either by the MC or otherwise. Will see...

drakken

Nov 13, 2017

Because here they criticize so much about theories that in the end they are theories about helping Maya with the money that the MC currently has, They say she is 18 years old she needs to grow up, Just like that because they say so, Since they want to help Quinn or they forgive almost everything for not saying everything, being she someone of 20 or 21 years of age, But here the age not applies, or how she grew up in that environment that only applies because she is my favorite, or is the best girl I don't say it, her fans say it

The way Quinn lived her childhood surrounded by a drug environment is not good for raising a family and not even good for anyone who at least respects himself. But one difference that we can see with Quinn's father and Maya's father is that at least Quinn's father loved or loves his daughter differently from the other being a drug dealer or a bad person according to the standards of society.

It would be funny if DPC opened Chapter 7 with a flashback of Maya :ROFLMAO:
Quinn is still responsible for her actions, nothing changes that (tho her past explains some of her behaviors). Same goes for Mayas choice on how to solve her problem. (Not how she got there).

I wouldn't be surprised if it did open up with some kinda flashback with Maya (considering that's where it left off), at the same time i wouldn't be surprised if it started with a distraction from it for suspense.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes