felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
tybalts assault aside, the other issues have merit, tresspassing, and property damage. but niether come with a prison sentence
But there will never be a trial, what does Tybalt gain even if he wins? He loses any chance with Jill which is all he cares about. Blackmailers don't want their threats to come true, otherwise they lose all power.

It is in canada. I know, cause I killed a man once. He pulled a knife and attacked me with it in a bar fight, I turned it against him and stuck it in his neck(I have martial arts training). It was deemed self defense. I wasn't even charged.
Maybe I wrote it wrong, but I agreed with you.

in order to talk about self-defence, the danger you are in must be evident, it is not enough to have been subjected to an 'assault', otherwise it would be an eye for an eye at every disagreement.

then there are differences from country to country, but the general line is that they are in danger and therefore they are authorised to use violence to protect their own safety.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
a man sold me his riding lawn mower for 1000 dollars, got a reciept, maintenance records and all the paper work, , 3 days later a man shows up at our property, opens the barn, and attempts to load it on the back of his truck, me and my brother intervene. pull or truck in front of his blocking his vehicles escape, he calls the police, cause we come out of our truck with shotguns. hides in his truck, until they arrive. police do theyre job and begin thier investigation. turns out his son stole the mower from this guy. he wanted his stolen property back. we not wanting to get involved with his family dispute, offered it back to him for the same 1000. he poked his fingers into my chest. the cops arrested him for assault. just for poking my chest with a finger,

so yeah a slap is an assault
tybalt is the instigator and thier just as many dik witnesses to his assault.
bottom line tybalt is reaching for straws, and knows jill is nieve enuff to believe anything.
In your case, you and your brother would be Tybalt and the other guy would be the MC. The guy broke into your property and tried to steal something, you and your brother came out with weapons (the threat would be that, like the slap) and it was very foolish of him to want to touch you (that would be the MC's punch).

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
It is in canada. I know, cause I killed a man once. He pulled a knife and attacked me with it in a bar fight, I turned it against him and stuck it in his neck(I have martial arts training). It was deemed self defense. I wasn't even charged.
Your case is one of self-defense on either side, the reaction was proportional to the action.
In my country, an investigation would be opened, but normally it is closed without trial, unless in some way an attempt is made to force premeditation or malice aforethought.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Your case is one of self-defense on either side, the reaction was proportional to the action.
In my country, an investigation would be opened, but normally it is closed without trial, unless in some way an attempt is made to force premeditation or malice aforethought.
So would a deck to the face. Because I have no idea what he would follow up with if I do nothing(I mean, legally, i know he's a pussy so that's as far as he would go, but the legal system doesn't, it's why I don't actually fucking hit him, cause he won't do shit anyways, but if I did, the legal system doesn't know that's the end to his violence).

Reactions: RyogoTM

lyfsavor

Mar 31, 2020
Is the fence painting mini-game buggy? I'm getting the out of bounds signal without going out and still time on the buzzer. I had the same issues with the beer drinking mini-game. Now wishing I'd have skipped these.

DaBigD

Apr 7, 2021
permits for weapons, weapons laid down upon police arrival. right to protect property from tresspassers. but oddly enuff its illegal to detain persons against thier will. the cops made it clear that blocking his vehicles escape, and preventing him to flee, was illegal detainment. brdering on illegal imprisonment. but yeah lot of things slid by that day. father refused to press charges on his son, we refused to press charges on grand theft. as for the assault. that charge was provided by the cops, so its up to them.

Reactions: RyogoTM

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
So would a deck to the face. Because I have no idea what he would follow up with if I do nothing(I mean, legally, i know he's a pussy so that's as far as he would go, but the legal system doesn't, it's why I don't actually fucking hit him, cause he won't do shit anyways, but if I did, the legal system doesn't know that's the end to his violence).
If he did not have the knife it would be different, at least here (in my country) it would be intentional or negligent homicide in a fight depending on who is handling the case, then they would not give you the benefit of the doubt.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
If he did not have the knife it would be different, at least here (in my country) it would be intentional or negligent homicide in a fight depending on who is handling the case, then they would not give you the benefit of the doubt.
Homicide? Tybalt didn't fucking die. He only got knocked the fuck down. That's in no way homicide, and where I'm from that wouldn't even be assault.

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
now hold on a moment here axel. she was in a relationship with josey, did she lie to josey about her dad wanting them to stop thier relationship?.... relationship partner josey, no lies, semi relationship partner MC, maya summons the no lies rule, and hides the truth about josey and her dad. so she yeah hyprocrit she is. either way it shows who she cares for more.
That make sense, maybe you are right, i see it from anoter point of view but i don't discard your opinion

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
And now come the different laws of the respective countries. German law.

You and your brother would be arrested for unauthorized possession of weapons, openly carrying weapons, threatening a person with weapons and deprivation of liberty. This would have criminal consequences. The father of the thief would be prosecuted for trespassing on private property. The stabbing with the finger would be dropped criminally and civilly, because of insignificance. And the father's son would be criminally convicted of theft and selling stolen property.

I just want to point out, other countries other laws.
Meanwhile in Argentina: Prosecution? For this nonsense? Did they have any problem with the police or what?

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Meanwhile in Argentina: Prosecution? For this nonsense? Did they have any problem with the police or what?
mi hermano menor es policia de la provincia de buenos aires ( oficial inspector), y el siempre dice, si paso dentro de tu casa es legitima defensa, pegale que no te van a llevar.

My younger brother is a police officer in the province of buenos aires (inspector officer), and he always says, if it happens inside your house it is legitimate defense, hit him, they will not take you away.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Sorry, I misinterpreted what you wrote.
No worries dude. I'm pretty easy going. In spite of the fact that I ended up in a fight like that. I'm not the guy who picksa fight(or at least normally, I'm very protective of the people I care about). But I am a loyal friend and unfortunately I was friends with the guy who picks a fight. So I ended up in that shitty situation. Though fuck that guy. What the fuck are you doing pulling a knife in a bar fight? Oh no I might get my ass beat! So horrible. Fuck you for making me do that.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
No I definitely had not. But the German authorities are very strict about weapons. For example, I have a work colleague with a small firearms license. It's for alarm guns. He was massively threatened by a passenger during work and only showed his alarm gun. It was all recorded by cameras. My colleague got a fine of several thousand euros for showing the alarm gun.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes