Ass-a-Lot

Aug 29, 2018
So much delusion going on about it possibly being released in October.

Again look at the development length per episode:

EpisodeDevelopment Length
Episode 1Unknown
Episode 287 days
Episode 3105 days
Episode 4148 days
Episode 5141 days
Episode 6169 days
Episode 7162 days
Episode 8154 days and counting
(as of Sep 23rd)

While development time has increased over time, the most marked difference was during the Season Finale. As Ep.8 also is a season finale, by looking at only this data we should expect a November/December release.
  • Episode 2/3 took about 100 days each on average.
  • Episode 4 (Season Finale) took roughly +50 days more, or +50%.
  • Episode 5/6/7 took about 160 days each on average.
  • Episode 8 estimates:
    • Estimate A: 160+50=210 days (mid-November)
    • Estimate B: 160*1.5=240 days (mid-December)

Now add to this that there is so many things not even started based on the weekly updates (DPC still working on setting up the last renders) so we still got several weeks to go before feature-complete. Add 2 weeks of QA. Is it even remotely feasible this will be a late-October release? A remote possibility maybe, but overly optimistic in the extreme.

TL;DR:
  • Don't expect a release before mid-November.
  • An early/mid-December release would not be too unlikely either.
  • Late December release probably would indicate unexpected problems, and would be the first point where describing it as Delayed would be appropriate.
i dont think its late december,maybe late
late january 2022 most likely,plus there would likely be problems regarding bugs so expect early to mid february,no i dont think so,what about scripts?there could be problems about wrong grammar and stuff but its just me so expect it around march 2022,maybe..:KEK:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
i dont think its late december,maybe late
late january 2022 most likely,plus there would likely be problems regarding bugs so expect early to mid february,no i dont think so,what about scripts?there could be problems about wrong grammar and stuff but its just me so expect it around march 2022,maybe..:KEK:
Or maybe April if nothing happens between January and March :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Nice analisys of the releases time but we have to take into account that the more you play the more the story forks and, usually, the render quality tends to improve also. I guess the more you go into the late chapters of a game the more work each of them requires.

Nov 12, 2020
Ep 8 will be Season 2 finale, that's mainly why we are expecting Halloween party to happen. Ending the season with something else will probably feel underwhelming, at least for me. Many of the big plots are solved :
We now know Tybalt's scheme about Jill, and it'll be over soon.
We learned who Chad's lover is, so Sage's drama with Chad will be done one way or another.
Josy and Maya throuple is going okay, no problems left about it.
Maya resenting HOTs is solved too, Sage stepped up for it and showed they are not all bad.
Sage also probably solved Maya's tuition, no problems there too.
MC made his room actually cool, it's livable now.
The mansion will be repaired, we know how many turns we have left for it.
Cathy's departure is also decided.
Bella finally let go, if we are on her path.
Sage is ready to move on with MC, potentially.
Add Quinn and Lily to the mix, MC has lots of options now.

So all in all, there's 2 things if you take MC's love life out of the big picture.
Who is the traitor? (I mean, it's Nick but we don't know for sure yet :Kappa: )
Who is working with the traitor (%90 Vinny and some additional party, but we don't know for sure :Kappa: )

Discovering the first one will not be a good season finale imo. The second one can actually be a good reveal.
Thus, ending the season with the Halloween party seems more fitting imo
Don’t get me wrong, I do agree that it would be a fitting ending for season 2 to have a Halloween party but nothing confirms that it will actually happen in episode 8. More like episode 9.

The description of episode 8 on steam goes as followed:
“Midterms loom around the corner and there is a Halloween party to plan. The immediate future stresses out Rusty. Sage feels nervous to ask for help, and you have tough choices to make.”

Whereas the description of episode 7 mentions this: “The HOT’s are throwing a party…”

I know I’m being pessimistic and I hope I’m wrong but the Halloween party feels like it’s something to look forward to for episode 9.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I really hope me being bored as hell these last months dont screw me over. I downloaded the gallery mod and I am scared shitless it will break my future saves, I didnt knew stuff like that was problematic and didnt back up any of them. As much as I like BADIK, doing another 10 hour playthrough is not on my to do list.

• Wow
Reactions: `Ray`

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
I really hope me being bored as hell these last months dont screw me over. I downloaded the gallery mod and I am scared shitless it will break my future saves, I didnt knew stuff like that was problematic and didnt back up any of them. As much as I like BADIK, doing another 10 hour playthrough is not on my to do list.
Yeah you probably are screwed, i play with the mod too and every release broke my saves (i dunno what dpc has against mods cuz with every release he does modders life harder) but i wait until the mod is out and then i play it and its fine... last update if i remeber right i waited over a week for scrappy to release the new mod...

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Times like this make you realize.... that you should have read the instructions.....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
113.png

Reactions: KaiserST

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
So much delusion going on about it possibly being released in October.

Again look at the development length per episode:

EpisodeDevelopment Length
Episode 1Unknown
Episode 287 days
Episode 3105 days
Episode 4148 days
Episode 5141 days
Episode 6169 days
Episode 7162 days
Episode 8154 days and counting
(as of Sep 23rd)

While development time has increased over time, the most marked difference was during the Season Finale. As Ep.8 also is a season finale, by looking at only this data we should expect a November/December release.
  • Episode 2/3 took about 100 days each on average.
  • Episode 4 (Season Finale) took roughly +50 days more, or +50%.
  • Episode 5/6/7 took about 160 days each on average.
  • Episode 8 estimates:
    • Estimate A: 160+50=210 days (mid-November)
    • Estimate B: 160*1.5=240 days (mid-December)

Now add to this that there is so many things not even started based on the weekly updates (DPC still working on setting up the last renders) so we still got several weeks to go before feature-complete. Add 2 weeks of QA. Is it even remotely feasible this will be a late-October release? A remote possibility maybe, but overly optimistic in the extreme.

TL;DR:
  • Don't expect a release before mid-November.
  • An early/mid-December release would not be too unlikely either.
  • Late December release probably would indicate unexpected problems, and would be the first point where describing it as Delayed would be appropriate.
DPC crunching and going hard to meet mid-November release makes the most sense to me. Since that gives him a month and change to prepare the steam release, get it approved by steam, and make it for the Christmas Sale.

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
Game shouldn't break as long as you delete the entire game every new update (make sure to put your current saves on a folder, of course), download it again with new update, copy your saves and download the updated mod.

If you just download the update, game will recognize that you have modded saves and will fuck you up :KEK:

Dis Parrot

Feb 27, 2021
DPC crunching and going hard to meet mid-November release makes the most sense to me.
As mentioned in my original reply. Delusions. Fueled by wishful thinking.

Crunching is terrible for quality, and DPC has shown a clear preference for quality over speed.

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Game shouldn't break as long as you delete the entire game every new update (make sure to put your current saves on a folder, of course), download it again with new update, copy your saves and download the updated mod.
...What the-

If you are going to download the mod again, then just wait for 2-3 days for the mod to be updated and update it....Who the hell would delete the whole modded game and download it again, just to mod it again?! o_O

fappybeard is this your second account or did you ask him to troll here? :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: Warscared

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
...What the-

If you are going to download the mod again, then just wait for 2-3 days for the mod to be updated and update it....Who the hell would delete the whole modded game and download it again, just to mod it again?! o_O

fappybeard is this your second account or did you ask him to troll here? :KEK:
I remember reading comments in the Scrappy mod thread that said that the game breaks if you update the game and you have the mod as well, that you need to download the whole game from start.

I don't know if that's a lie but I don't want to risk it :KEK:

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
It's been a while. Has DPC given any date for the release yet, or is probably going to be around november? Where's the guy with the very high IQ, that was the last time I was in this thread Lol

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes