Nov 12, 2020
I've seen a lot of comments mentioning the Halloween party for the upcoming episode.
But I'm quite convinced that this won't take place in episode 8 and only the preparations for the Halloween party with Sage and Quinn will be implemented. I feel like if it would occur in the next episode, DPC would've published some hints/previews about it already.
Then again, we do expect the DIK house to be finished during episode 8 which obviously should result into some kind of party but I'm not so sure if its the Halloween one. Could be wrong, just contemplating about it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've seen a lot of comments mentioning the Halloween party for the upcoming episode.
But I'm quite convinced that this won't take place in episode 8 and only the preparations for the Halloween party with Sage and Quinn will be implemented. I feel like if it would occur in the next episode, DPC would've published some hints/previews about it already.
Then again, we do expect the DIK house to be finished during episode 8 which obviously should result into some kind of party but I'm not so sure if its the Halloween one. Could be wrong, just contemplating about it.
more no than yes

this is the end of the season, and in fact the previews have been on average "harmless" (that MC has sex with LIs shouldn't surprise anyone, that there is hype for Maya + Josy shows how little has been given so far), DPC is hiding a lot from us, and it's right to do so

that the DIKs mansion will be completely in place by this chapter dirie that's for sure, and at that point it's a celebration

Of course it's not the Halloween party that's the finale, but the scenario in which something will happen

Dis Parrot

Feb 27, 2021
So much delusion going on about it possibly being released in October.

Again look at the development length per episode:

EpisodeDevelopment Length
Episode 1Unknown
Episode 287 days
Episode 3105 days
Episode 4148 days
Episode 5141 days
Episode 6169 days
Episode 7162 days
Episode 8154 days and counting
(as of Sep 23rd)

While development time has increased over time, the most marked difference was during the Season Finale. As Ep.8 also is a season finale, by looking at only this data we should expect a November/December release.
  • Episode 2/3 took about 100 days each on average.
  • Episode 4 (Season Finale) took roughly +50 days more, or +50%.
  • Episode 5/6/7 took about 160 days each on average.
  • Episode 8 estimates:
    • Estimate A: 160+50=210 days (mid-November)
    • Estimate B: 160*1.5=240 days (mid-December)

Now add to this that there is so many things not even started based on the weekly updates (DPC still working on setting up the last renders) so we still got several weeks to go before feature-complete. Add 2 weeks of QA. Is it even remotely feasible this will be a late-October release? A remote possibility maybe, but overly optimistic in the extreme.

TL;DR:
  • Don't expect a release before mid-November.
  • An early/mid-December release would not be too unlikely either.
  • Late December release probably would indicate unexpected problems, and would be the first point where describing it as Delayed would be appropriate.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Episode 1Unknown
Episode 287 days
Episode 3105 days
Episode 4148 days
Episode 5141 days
Episode 6169 days
Episode 7162 days
(as of Sep 23rd)

While development time has increased over time, the most marked difference was during the Season Finale. As Ep.8 also is a season finale, by looking at only this data we should expect a November/December release.
  • Episode 8 estimates:

Now add to this that there is so many things not even started based on the weekly updates (DPC still working on setting up the last renders) so we still got several weeks to go before feature-complete. Add 2 weeks of QA. Is it even remotely feasible this will be a late-October release? A remote possibility maybe, but overly optimistic in the extreme.

TL;DR:
  • Late December release probably would indicate unexpected problems, and would be the first point where describing it as Delayed would be appropriate.
Kellermann do not read this post:(:(:(:(

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

Episode 1Unknown
Episode 287 days
Episode 3105 days
Episode 4148 days
Episode 5141 days
Episode 6169 days
Episode 7162 days
(as of Sep 23rd)

• Episode 8 estimates:

TL;DR:
I would hold off until tomorrow update on development before making comments like that

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

Episode 1Unknown
Episode 287 days
Episode 3105 days
Episode 4148 days
Episode 5141 days
Episode 6169 days
Episode 7162 days
(as of Sep 23rd)

• Episode 8 estimates:

TL;DR:
i feel the need to hurt you gravely! so ... i hope all your underwear hitches you until the day you die in many many decades from now!

always86

Mar 19, 2020

Episode 1Unknown
Episode 287 days
Episode 3105 days
Episode 4148 days
Episode 5141 days
Episode 6169 days
Episode 7162 days
(as of Sep 23rd)

• Episode 8 estimates:

TL;DR:
I think a 5th-19th November is fairly reasonable based on my own calculations/ estimations with the 29th October being a unlikely possibility. (I think he’d like to hit Halloween) We know roughly how many more animations he wants to do and roughly how long they’ll take to render.

Last week he had 72-92 animations posed or planned. That’s 4-8 weeks of rendering depending on how fast they can be produced. 4 weeks would be 15th October for Renders and 8 weeks would be November 12th. Add a couple of weeks beta testing gets you 29th. October - 26th November. I think 8 weeks is pessimistic and 4 is over Optimistic.

One positive of lots of queued renders is that means he has time for writing and programming, so hopefully everything will sync up. I’d be fairly shocked by a December release.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Ep 8 will be Season 2 finale, that's mainly why we are expecting Halloween party to happen. Ending the season with something else will probably feel underwhelming, at least for me. Many of the big plots are solved :
We now know Tybalt's scheme about Jill, and it'll be over soon.
We learned who Chad's lover is, so Sage's drama with Chad will be done one way or another.
Josy and Maya throuple is going okay, no problems left about it.
Maya resenting HOTs is solved too, Sage stepped up for it and showed they are not all bad.
Sage also probably solved Maya's tuition, no problems there too.
MC made his room actually cool, it's livable now.
The mansion will be repaired, we know how many turns we have left for it.
Cathy's departure is also decided.
Bella finally let go, if we are on her path.
Sage is ready to move on with MC, potentially.
Add Quinn and Lily to the mix, MC has lots of options now.

So all in all, there's 2 things if you take MC's love life out of the big picture.
Who is the traitor? (I mean, it's Nick but we don't know for sure yet :Kappa: )
Who is working with the traitor (%90 Vinny and some additional party, but we don't know for sure :Kappa: )

Discovering the first one will not be a good season finale imo. The second one can actually be a good reveal.
Thus, ending the season with the Halloween party seems more fitting imo

kire37

Dec 5, 2019
You waste 70% of episode 6 in the land of make believe. Hardly any story progression whatsoever, basically filler
[/QUOTE]

filler ? so episode 6 is just like a new event or hookup with new girls? than I episode 7 will be a huge update right? what do you mean with the land of make believe?

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
So we talking about 2 updates per year, myeah i dunno imo nothing is worth so much time to wait for one release, i think the best would've been if dpc keep it like ep 3 release at 3 months schedule yeah it wasn't so many renders and animation but imo that would be the best releasing schedule...

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

Episode 1Unknown
Episode 287 days
Episode 3105 days
Episode 4148 days
Episode 5141 days
Episode 6169 days
Episode 7162 days
(as of Sep 23rd)

• Episode 8 estimates:

TL;DR:
Probably the time that increase between chapter 3 and 4 was that at that time DPC had to make the Steam version but since I don't know much about the subject in these games it is only my speculat

Reactions: Ranieboy
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes