Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
But that is exactly the point. There will be a lot of people who won't be around. Tommy, Rusty, Jill, Sage, etc.
You're reading too much into something, that's plainly obvious otherwise. DPC's nationality has nothing to do with the game setting, which is obviously the US, as the most familiar globally (unfortunately). The reference is obviously to the legal drinking age, regardless if MC drinks even before then or not.

As for your theory, it doesn't hold at all, since a 2 year time jump would mean we either have completely no control over the narrative, or the relationships just freeze for a couple of years. Either way is going to be extremely bad for an interactive game.

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
is there a walkthrough mod for mac version? Or a good walkthrough for me to follow? OR better yet a way for me to get the one by scrappy to work for mac?
Try this walkthrough, it's really good and easy to understand
My walkthrough focuses on the player’s choices and features many links and references to better understand their longterm consequences in the game.

I wrote my own guide first because I find Being a DIK interesting and because the official one is sometimes confusing while omitting some useful data. Whether you want to maximize your success with the love interests, or you are playing the game for the first time, this document will answer your questions. Thanks for adding a Like if you value it.
Good game to you!

You can read it and download it (40MB) on

Summer has been busy and the guide expanded with new content!
  • Added Rewards list with the details on how to unlock them.
  • Added Wallpapers list with the details on how to unlock them.
  • DIK house makeover” guide allows you to achieve the minigame without having to keep reloading your save.
  • Made Special events timeline now clickable.
  • The most convoluted parts have been edited and many info sections written.
To moderators: I would be grateful if you could add the link inside the opening post.

Nov 12, 2020
At the main menu of Being A DIK, you are able to see a couple of background renders of characters who are in the game.
I remember once to have seen a background render with Bella in it wearing a red dress, sitting on her grey couch whilst holding a glass of red wine. Since then it never reappeared, does anyone have that render which I'm referring to?

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
At the main menu of Being A DIK, you are able to see a couple of background renders of characters who are in the game.
I remember once to have seen a background render with Bella in it wearing a red dress, sitting on her grey couch whilst holding a glass of red wine. Since then it never reappeared, does anyone have that render which I'm referring to?
That's Season 1 Main Menu images, you can still see them in Steam version.

Reactions: Antonio Montana

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
That's Season 1 Main Menu images, you can still see them in Steam version.
Bella at home.png

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
You're reading too much into something, that's plainly obvious otherwise. DPC's nationality has nothing to do with the game setting, which is obviously the US, as the most familiar globally (unfortunately). The reference is obviously to the legal drinking age, regardless if MC drinks even before then or not.

As for your theory, it doesn't hold at all, since a 2 year time jump would mean we either have completely no control over the narrative, or the relationships just freeze for a couple of years. Either way is going to be extremely bad for an interactive game.
Yah I think DPC is in Viking Land like Norway. That is where my ticket is for to burn his house down if he kills off any of the LI!!
:D
Peace

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
My understanding as to the first is that he is not. And as to the second - that's the point. Most of the world recognises 18 as the legal age of adulthood. But the game is set in the US, and they have some weird hangups, which extend to the legal drinking age being distinct from everything else. Thus the reference from MC's father. There's a weird limbo between supposedly becoming an adult at 18 and actually fully being one legally at 21 which the MC is currently right in the middle of.

A time skip makes no sense. Half the cast would disappear off-screen during the skip because they graduated.
DPC is not American. At least, he is not a native speaker of English. His English is quite good, but it is definitely not his mother tongue. Each episode, particularly when they first drop, contains a handful of usages that would never be made by an American who speaks English as his native language. In fact, DPC's English includes usages that are common among European speakers of English as a Second Language.

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
That's the one, thanks!

Bit of a stretch, don't you think? The chance of three 18 year olds of the same friend group getting pregnant in the same year seems a bit too slim and surely not a route DPC would follow.
Yeah, it is a bit of a stretch. Almost like its... fiction.

Oh shit.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes