n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
Admittedly I'm not a developer, but I've always thought this was more or less inevitable. The game is already massive, and we might not even be halfway done. With each episode larger than the last I have to think splitting it is probably the best option.
Don't know about that, he already manage to make patch updates we could simple keeping applying them. To me this is not a developer decision since it coud start breaking saves and also need time and effort to make it right but a business decision to make more money on steam, new exe means a new game and not a DLC. DPC following EA footsteps, thats just my opnion tho I could be wrong.Anyway...hope everything goes smooth and we can enjoy the game

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
Because this episode has to export a suitable save that Ep9 can import.
Because if you don't start testing now, all of the current saves run the risk of breaking and not working later.
Right, I didn't think that far. AFAIK DMD tried that but it was a giant mess and players end up putting the variables themselves anyway but I'm sure DPC is a better coder

Don't know about that, he already manage to make patch updates we could simple keeping applying them. To me this is not a developer decision since it coud start breaking saves and also need time and effort to make it right but a business decision to make more money on steam, new exe means a new game and not a DLC. DPC following EA footsteps, thats just my opnion tho I could be wrong
That doesn't make sense, whether it's DLC or a whole new game it's still gonna cost $10 (unless DPC can make a deal with Steam so they won't be mad if the price on their platform is a bit higher than Patreon version)

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Don't know about that, he already manage to make patch updates we could simple keeping applying them. To me this is not a developer decision since it coud start breaking saves and also need time and effort to make it right but a business decision to make more money on steam, new exe means a new game and not a DLC. DPC following EA footsteps, thats just my opnion tho I could be wrong.Anyway...hope everything goes smooth and we can enjoy the game
I think he does this because of the loading times. The less code, the faster the calculation.:unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: n0cn1l

cappila

May 5, 2017
Why would it? If he wants he could make a "simple" program(a 3rd exe), that when opened, give you the choice of chapter you want to play. You place both folder, as the central download, but when you update files only smaller parts need to be changed. I am oversimplyfying things, but to be fair, he DID say that it will take some time.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

For the better part of this week, I wrote code and performed quality assurance for the episode by playtesting and polishing art, code, and dialogue.

I have now added music and sound effects for most of the episode, and I still need a few more songs for specific scenes.

I started working on a big coding task that I have hinted about in the past, and today it's a good time to share some details on it.

Because the game is getting pretty big, and Ren'Py is getting pushed to its limits in some areas, I want to make a new binary for Season 3.

What this means is that after you have completed episode 8, and thus Season 2, you will save your game in a menu and continue your game using another .exe/.app file.

Making a new binary has the added benefit that the initial episodes for Season 3 will have a smaller download size, and you shouldn't have to redownload Season 1 and 2 every update.

If you're getting confused by this, think of this as the same game, only sliced into another part.

Season 1 and 2 will be one separate download. And Season 3 and onward will be another download.

From a developer's standpoint, there are some challenges with this task. My goals are to make this system simple to use for all of you, robust in transferring saves, and functional for both Steam and Patreon. While I'm at it, I also want to trim some fat stored in the save files.

I have both the knowledge and strategy to do all of this, but it will take more time to implement and test it thoroughly as the game has thousands of variables that I want to control and double-check. I have already made good progress on this during this week.

Next week I will continue writing the remaining scenes and pose more static renders.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
This is called post-production. I think that almost everything he planned has already been done. It remains to finish minor scenes, include a couple of songs and do ruster. The long coding phase is frustrating, but for some reason I am sure that the testing phase will begin in the next 2 weeks.

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Updated BigTable with the recent informations.
  • No raw number but crossing the Aug 27 checklist, and interpreting DPC, the list looks completely shredded.
  • All Markers Are Green, an Halloween release is absolutely confidently very likely achievable.
  • Trivia: EP7 and EP8 have today the same development time.

EpisodeRendersAnimationsMusic*SizeRelease DateDevelopment Time
Episode 1130151≈1.1 GB07 Feb 2019000 days
Episode 21709 (+31%)77 (+51%)≈2.3 GB (+1.2 GB)04 May 2019087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
Episode 32289 (+34%)99 (+29%)≈4.1 GB (+1.8 GB)16 Aug 2019105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
Episode 42532 (+11%)134 (+35%)≈6.1 GB (+2.0 GB)10 Jan 2020148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
Episode 52456 (-3%)157 (+17%)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 GB (+1.9 GB)29 May 2020141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
Episode 63336 (+35%)162 (+3%)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 GB (+3.1 GB)13 Nov 2020169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
Episode 73723 (+12%)250 (+54%)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 GB (+3.4 GB)23 Apr 2021162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
Episode 83605 (≈97%)355 (+42%)26 (5.2K$)>18.1 GB (+3.6 GB)in development162 (5 months, 09 days |≈23 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† previous post. — Being a DIK in development since 2 years, 7 months, 25 days (32 months / 137 weeks / 968 days / 23,232 hours)
*199$ Premium Licensed Music

> Release Date Estimate:
Recent Average: Early October 2021 (24 weeks) — Delayed Scenario: Late October 2021 (26 weeks) — Growing Scenario: Early November 2021 (28 weeks)

(y)
Thumb up to well made Casiope's DIK Walkthrough

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
"Thousands of variables" That sounds like a hell of a lot of work and variations for gameplay. Hopefully DPC doesn't start linking previous decisions in such a way that seemingly pointless options in the game have a positive or negative effect. That could put a lot of played-through routes through each other.:unsure:
Something hints at this. In the preview for the steam release, the developer said "make difficult choices." I don't know how true he is about a thousand variables.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
My walkthrough focuses on the player’s choices and features many links and references to better understand their longterm consequences in the game.

I wrote my own guide first because I find Being a DIK interesting and because the official one is sometimes confusing while omitting some useful data. Whether you want to maximize your success with the love interests, or you are playing the game for the first time, this document will answer your questions. Thanks for adding a Like if you value it.
Good game to you!

You can read it and download it (40MB) on

Summer has been busy and the guide expanded with new content!
  • Added Rewards list with the details on how to unlock them.
  • Added Wallpapers list with the details on how to unlock them.
  • DIK house makeover” guide allows you to achieve the minigame without having to keep reloading your save.
  • Made Special events timeline now clickable.
  • The most convoluted parts have been edited and many info sections written.
To moderators: I would be grateful if you could add the link inside the opening post.
Wow man nice job with this walkthrough, how is this not the official walkthrough, why the dev didn't contact you this is waaaay better than the official...

akki37

Jan 21, 2020
My walkthrough focuses on the player’s choices and features many links and references to better understand their longterm consequences in the game.

I wrote my own guide first because I find Being a DIK interesting and because the official one is sometimes confusing while omitting some useful data. Whether you want to maximize your success with the love interests, or you are playing the game for the first time, this document will answer your questions. Thanks for adding a Like if you value it.
Good game to you!

You can read it and download it (40MB) on

Summer has been busy and the guide expanded with new content!
  • Added Rewards list with the details on how to unlock them.
  • Added Wallpapers list with the details on how to unlock them.
  • DIK house makeover” guide allows you to achieve the minigame without having to keep reloading your save.
  • Made Special events timeline now clickable.
  • The most convoluted parts have been edited and many info sections written.
To moderators: I would be grateful if you could add the link inside the opening post.
This walkthrough is amazing. I will definitely use this when i will replay the game. It even has restoration guide. amazing...(y)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Wow man nice job with this walkthrough, how is this not the official walkthrough, why the dev didn't contact you this is waaaay better than the official...
This walkthrough is amazing. I will definitely use this when i will replay the game. It even has restoration guide. amazing...(y)
I also find it clearer overall than the official one.

Casiope congratulations, you've really done a great job

Reactions: dav3knight
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes