lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
People actually think this is CSI:Miami or Sherlock or something, lol. All theories like that include Quinn overdosing, dying or getting jailed for "some reason" :Kappa:. Chances of Lily being undercover is as likely as likely as Jill deepthroating MC's dick. Cop Lily theory is completely baseless and a stupid theory.

She's been working for a long time at The Pink Rose.
Enrolls to B&R as a reject.
DIKs constantly ask her to join HOTs, she says okay okay, cool and does it.
All the girls of The Pink Rose are close to each other, they know everything about each other(maybe Madame doesn't hang out with them but idk).
In Sandy/Nicole scene, Sandy asks if Nicole has anything to smoke, Nicole says no, she's out. If you are able to solve the equation of "what is 2+2?", you know they are not talking about cigarettes.
Meanwhile Lily hears that Quinn is in drug trade from Mona being blabbermouth.
As the girls in The Pink Rose are out of weed, Lily's looking to buy some for all the girls.
Guessing Quinn is not selling them overpriced, she asks to buy. It's that simple. What's the actual base for that theory? (I know it's not necessary here, you can say anything you believe in your dreamland and pretend it's real here, that's the norm but eh)
If you are delusional enough to seriously believe Lily is actually an undercover cop, Magnar's girl and KRJ is an undercover cop too. Hell, KRJ is actually a fed. She even has an ear device for communicating with DEA feds!!!1!11!!
Yes, it is a source of irritation for me that some people apparently cannot distinguish between claims which cannot currently be falsified and claims that are suggested through evidence.

Nothing about Lily's portrayal rules out her being an undercover cop but nothing suggests it either, beyond wild speculation. One could just as easily claim that she and Maya/Derek are cousins or that she's Cathy's daughter who was given up for adoption 19 years ago; there's currently no way to disprove those claims but it should be obvious to anyone reading this post that these are deliberately ridiculous claims.

Sep 9, 2021

This week I worked on several different tasks.

I've added art, code, and writing to Rooster/Chats and updated the design of the game menus (Save/Load/Preferences, etc.) to a more modern look that I intend to keep across season 1/2 and season 3 binaries.

I've written more of the missing scenes and posed static renders and a couple of SFW animations for them.

Here is the updated checklist of what's left to do:

Writing tasks that remain:
  • Two scenes of medium length
  • Code for one mini-game
  • Code for previously on Being a DIK screens
  • Code for episode end credits and screens
  • Adding Bios for all events (I always leave this task to last)
Art tasks that remain:
  • Possibly a few SFW (safe for work) animations
  • Render time for the final animation queue, currently 40 animations waiting to render
  • Static renders for four scenes
  • Render time for those static renders
  • GUI elements for one mini-game
Audio tasks that remain:
  • Implementing sound effects for a few scenes
  • Implementing music for a few scenes
(I intend to work on everything above next week and should complete a lot. I will also start playtesting next week.)

Other tasks that remain:
  • Polishing the dialogue and code
  • Playtesting
  • Thorough testing of transferring saves between Season 2 and Season 3 (Steam and Patreon).
  • Double-checking variables
  • Quality control of renders/animations
  • Fixing bugs that I find while testing

The episode is now bigger than episode 7 in almost every regard, and I feel that I'm getting close to having a complete episode that I can polish and test.

I don't say this often enough, but thanks for your continued support!

I'm looking forward to rewarding your patience with one hell of a season finale that will have you talking circles for months to come.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Look like it's gonna be a hell of spicy ! Well I love spices.

Lovely stuff this. DPC feeding us crazy theorists.
I think Dalli_x is the DPC. :rolleyes::cautious::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020

I've added art, code, and writing to Rooster/Chats and updated the design of the game menus (Save/Load/Preferences, etc.) to a more modern look that I intend to keep across season 1/2 and season 3 binaries.

I've written more of the missing scenes and posed static renders and a couple of SFW animations for them.

• Code for one mini-game
Art tasks that remain:
  • Render time for the final animation queue, currently 40 animations waiting to render
Audio tasks that remain:
(I intend to work on everything above next week and should complete a lot. I will also start playtesting next week.)

Other tasks that remain:
  • Playtesting
  • Thorough testing of transferring saves between Season 2 and Season 3 (Steam and Patreon).

The episode is now bigger than episode 7 in almost every regard, and I feel that I'm getting close to having a complete episode that I can polish and test.

I'm looking forward to rewarding your patience with one hell of a season finale that will have you talking circles for months to come.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I'd say we're still on track for an early November release. On the 5th or maybe the 12th. Clearly this episode's being a season finale has complicated things and extended the to-do list.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021

• Code for one mini-game
Art tasks that remain:
Audio tasks that remain:

Other tasks that remain:
  • Playtesting

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
What an amazing person.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Quinn could probably bump both Bella and Jill off. Pretty sure she has more mandatory story involvement than both those two by quite a bit (and better character development imo).

Jill and Isabella's plot can pretty much be ignored entirely and you wouldnt miss any plot on the critical path at all. They're surprisingly non-essential for main LIs.
Quinn is the main antagonist, at least for now. She’s probably not the ‘real’ villain but for the time being she is involved with a lot of the bad stuff in the main story, drug dealing, prostitution, possibly the Cathy cluck and the Black mail. She is also tied to Sage, Maya and Josy. Meanwhile Tybalt fills the role of main antagonist for the Jill and arguably Bella. Bella’s could also be James. You could also argue CHAD fills the role on the Sage path.

All of the LI’s have their own story. They just have different antagonists in them.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Is testing coming soon?
Does the DPC read the thread?

always86

Mar 19, 2020

• Code for one mini-game
Art tasks that remain:
Audio tasks that remain:

Other tasks that remain:
  • Playtesting

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Feels a bit more positive this week. 5th-19th November on the cards. He has at least two weeks of animation renders left. So at the earliest that’s 22nd October, plus he’s still posing stills and SFW animations. 5th to 19th is a sound bet.

Is testing coming soon?
I think he’s talking about his own ‘alpha’ testing before he even let’s it near the beta testers.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
When the mc says to Derek, "You know exactly why" I'm sure it's all about the crabs, except it's not likely you'll get crabs from kissing someone, but in Arieth's case, she's already "huba huba"ing up for the MC, so you don't really want to egg her on. :eek:

I don't know if it's cheap and lazy to do that. Considering the lengths DPC went to set the Chad/Troy/Mel triangle up, the various subtle and not so subtle scenes:
  • The information that Troy is an ex-Jock for unknown reasons,
  • Mel or Sarah being an obvious candidate as the "side bitch" but then being on the treadmill during Chad's gym phone sex,
  • This vague discussion between Mel and Sarah when Sage is kissing the mc on the lawn,
  • The blackmail to Chad (that I believe may have come from Mel to force Chad's hand),
  • The numerous references to Mel & Sarah liking gossip, but their seriousness when it comes to Chad's relationship,
  • The flashback scene showing Chad disinterested in puppy dog Sage,
  • The pre-breakup scene with Chad and Sage when she confronts his lack of interest,
  • The exasperation in Chad's face during the breakup,
  • Mel's unhappy reaction to the breakup scene (even though it's what she wanted),
  • The Jocks chatting about Chad's pleasant demeanour since he's left he jocks and his role as president,
  • Mel (and Sarah's) continuing support for Chad after the Sage breakup.
All of the above was to build the Chad, Troy, Mel and Sarah story, and it works if Mel is related to Troy and working towards what she wants for him.

She could also be an ex-girlfriend of Troy's who realised his secret and wants to help him with it, or even just a good friend, but being a family member makes more sense considering Mel doesn't come across as a girl that gives too much of a shit about anything, but family is different.

If Mel is Troy's sister, that's not a ridiculous coincidence, it's a requirement for this story arc to work, it might not have happened if she wasn't involved.

That's very different to Tommy and Josy being step-siblings. Almost nothing in the story hinge on that, so it is just a simple fact in the game. Same goes with Tybalt being Jade's son.

With Maya and Derek, we have a lot of their past presented to us. Their relationship with their father, their trips together (including Josy), and their care towards each other. It's certainly not a lazy plot contrivance.

Your comment earlier, that it would have been better if Maya hosted the mc without the prompting of her brother, I don't agree there.

She knew him for one day, sure they hit it off, but the mc would never have asked her if he could stay with her (he wouldn't have known she had the room). Plus she loved her extra room, it wouldn't make any sense her offering it up to a guy she just met.

Derek had to call on a favour to talk her doing it. Given everything we know about her, if she just outright found out the mc was homeless and offered her space to him, it would have been criticised as unrealistic.

To me, none of the above is lazy, it's actually a well construed sequences of life events. It works because it is what it is. Take one element out and it doesn't work.

But if we start having more surprise family relationships popping up out of the woodwork, I reserve my right to scrap all this and say it's becoming bullshit. :p

I guess there's time to rehash the whole, "Who is Sage's dad" debate again, before episode 8 is released. :p

That whole Elena/Ashley parallel with MC/Sage (regarding both being comforted after a breakup) is just randomly unrelated. Girls at college being fucked over by guys. There's nothing more to it. Ashley and Derek's story is just a small side line. Sage's breakup is a huge development.

I think this link sums up all the ways that the man bun dude is Sage's dad:

And some other stuff just to further cement it:

I don' think I'd like it if Lily turned out to be a cop...

The scene that got people's minds racing was this:

Lily: "I was just looking out for Mona."​
Lily: "Trying to do my part as a sister and all."​
Lily: "But then she mentioned drugs..."​
Quinn: "Nope, I'm not playing your game."​

and so it goes on...

Just sounds like entrapment, and Quinn is playing it off that way just to be cautious. But by the end of the scene, they're doing business. That either means Quinn is fucked, or the girls at the Pink Rose are gonna be happy. I'm thinking it's the latter, it's too early for Quinn to be fucked by anyone but the MC. :sneaky:
why do you hate me so Shazba? we need Stephen to be Sage´s dad! If Sage is Stephen Burke daughter and the HOT president.. what are all HOT`s to each other? sisters if Stephen is Sage´s father and he fucked at least 3 of them we get NTR incest in one go, all without compromising the MC! 2nd hand incest is it more tolerable?

Besides if he is not then my entire theory of the MC being the natural son of Stephen Burke starts to make sense!

. One could claim that she (Lilly) and Maya/Derek are cousins or that she's Cathy's daughter who was given up for adoption 19 years ago;
Hi Dalli_x!

I want to see both Sally and KRJ, at the same time, do the walk of shame from MC's room. :ROFLMAO:
i support this initiative, make it happen!

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
The development is almost complete. I think testing will take about 3 weeks or a little more, so the release in early November can be considered practically confirmed. I'm not suggesting what should happen for the game to be released in mid-November. Unless there are problems with the code and transferring saves from season 2 to season 3.

travelman

Dec 14, 2018
Wonder if Cake is aiming for Nov 1st, given the release of 2nd season on steam, having halloween party screenshots to advertise with would fit nicely.

Reactions: John Ness

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

• Code for one mini-game
Art tasks that remain:
Audio tasks that remain:

Other tasks that remain:
  • Playtesting

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Another week, another near complete lack of data; at least the overall tone was optimistic, even if the results are marginally worse than previously.

Okay, let's try to crunch the number. DPC let slip that 40 animations remain in the queue (plus potentially "a few" SFW animations, call it 40-45 total animations remaining). We know there were 72 animations in the queue on September 17, with an estimated 10-20 still to be posed. All told, this suggests DPC has rendered somewhere in the range of 42-52 animations in the last 3 weeks, an average of 15.7 animations per week. That's not quite as fast as his rate in early September, but it's above the overall average for Episode 8. Here are the charts, though in practice the difference from the last two weeks is pretty subtle.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No word on statics, but our estimated animation render rate is fairly consistent with recent numbers. That suggests the animation queue has about 2.5-3 weeks of rendering left. If we assume all the other tasks on the checklist can be finished by then (seems fair) and add in three weeks for playtesting, the release would be 2021-11-19 (or 2021-11-12 if everything breaks right). That's probably the best we can hope for until DPC gives us some meaningful numbers.

It's going to be a tough wait, though. DPC sure isn't shy about talking up the big season ender. He was similarly confident in Episode 7 and he delivered with that one (IMHO), so I'm willing to trust his judgement this time. But I really want my Halloween party!

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Updated BigTable with the recent informations.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • If you also checked the Rooster tracker, and cross with DPC starting playtesting next week; we on the good track.
  • All Markers Still Green, an Halloween release is still very likely achievable.
  • Trivia: as today EP6 and EP8 have the same development time with having more than the double animations count.

EpisodeRendersAnimationsMusic*SizeRelease DateDevelopment Time
Episode 1130151≈1.1 GB07 Feb 2019000 days
Episode 21709 (+31%)77 (+51%)≈2.3 GB (+1.2 GB)04 May 2019087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
Episode 32289 (+34%)99 (+29%)≈4.1 GB (+1.8 GB)16 Aug 2019105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
Episode 42532 (+11%)134 (+35%)≈6.1 GB (+2.0 GB)10 Jan 2020148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
Episode 52456 (-3%)157 (+17%)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 GB (+1.9 GB)29 May 2020141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
Episode 63336 (+35%)162 (+3%)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 GB (+3.1 GB)13 Nov 2020169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
Episode 73723 (+12%)250 (+54%)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 GB (+3.4 GB)23 Apr 2021162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
Episode 8>3605 (≈97%)>355 (+42%)26 (5.2K$)>18.1 GB (+3.6 GB)in development169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† previous post. — Being a DIK in development since 2 years, 8 months, 2 days (32 months / 139 weeks / 975 days / 23,400 hours)
*199$ Premium Licensed Music

> Release Date Estimate:
Delayed Scenario: Late October 2021 (26 weeks) — Growing Scenario: Early November 2021 (28 weeks)

(y)
Thumb up to well made Casiope's DIK Walkthrough

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes