loytre

Jun 13, 2018
If you mean fucking around like a sex addict, yes that's the realistic part. That's what I've been in doing on my main save in this too. But I 've never seen someone doing that long term with so many as shown in this game, in a circle so closed (almost incestuous) like college and not getting caught at least once. Maybe they exist and I never found out since they are so good, they should give out lessons or something.

I was too, a bit annoyed that the paths split so early since that means less content for playing one save. But I enjoy the consequences part, just wished it was closer to the finale. I play the character as a horny dude thinking with his dick, so I expect that to catch up with him sooner later. As long as he can remain faithful to his values of getting pussy no matter the cost, I'm happy with him missing the steady relationship life.
Fair enough. We're not that different after all. That's exactly how I play it, and I too expected for it to catch up with him at some point, but him just waking up one day saying, "I have to pick one only" is really annoying. Dude is barely 19. It's college, have fun.

I agree, I wish he kept this choice till the very end, then I wouldn't mind. I'd understand it at that point, but this is too early.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The only thing I think is that the episodes will be released faster due to the fact that programming will be simplified. And if we talk about the plot. Ending hints that we are waiting for a rather busy third season. The Burkes will become the main villains, Tommy will finally become an asshole. I do not believe that DPC will continue to ignore the plot issues, which have accumulated a lot. Everything is coming to a climax.
We can dream, I suppose. But it seems to me that nothing is converging on a climax because all the subplots remain on hold.

we found out Maya and Derek's last name in the last chapter, and we still don't know MC's last name.

if it will be important we will find out Lynette's and her possible living relatives' one, and I don't see an evident reason why Mc should not know it yet

aside from being rich, what would the fact that MC is more or less distantly related to Rusty add to the game?
I generally agree. But it does occur to me that the MC being a Burgmeister could potentially add drama by furthering Rusty's need to stand on his own two feet. We see in Episode 8 that Rusty feels bad about disappointing his dad and is willing to go to great lengths to make it right. If Lynette was a Burgmeister and Rusty's dad insisted Rusty kick the MC out of the DIKs when he found out, it would put Rusty in the uncomfortable position of having to choose between his surrogate family and his real one.

While that might be interesting, I think it would ultimately be a bit of a downer and not all that exciting since the MC's involvement in it is tangential. But it IS a way the MC as Burgmeister could matter, which I had not considered possible before. So I figure it's worth mentioning even if I don't buy it myself.

I agree we need more evidence because hallucinations are a massive deal and it would really turn Bella's story on its head if that were the case. But that being said there is something weird about that library flashback scene, now that I've replayed it. It could be another red herring by DPC but the way the guy outside the library in the flashback looks at Bella and James is peculiar, I should have taken a screenie but I'm sure it's around somewhere. The look that guy gives Bella is the same look I'd give someone who was talking to themselves on the street, well prior to wireless buds and stuff :KEK: Concrete evidence of delusions? Definitely not, but there is some other circumstantial evidence we've gone into recently that I won't bother rehashing. Then there's even more circumstantial evidence to count against it, like Jill's knowledge of events that bring up more questions.

I would like to underline and keep underlining one thing though that I've said before in other contexts. The scene with the MC and Bella in the library, where the future MC says he'd call for help if he knew what was up with Bella, is absolutely unique in the game. At no other time do we get an introspective from the MC, from the future, where he states that he wishes he could have done something differently. We don't get it when his guitar is stolen, we don't get it with the stuff with Quinn and the prostitution and drugs, we don't get it with anyone else in any other situation. So it's always been my belief that Bella's story is going to be the most difficult for the MC, whether in the context of romance or not. Before episode 8, I'd assumed the challenges would come from confronting James and the possible child death which would tear the usually stoic Bella apart emotionally. Now I'm wondering if the damage has already been done and the MC's naive pursuit of Bella is actually a horrible tumble into a deep dark hole of reality that makes the low points of AL look like young adult fiction :KEK: I guess we'll see.
I don't know, the guy on the street looks pretty disinterested to me. It's about what I'd expect from someone if a couple is having an argument nearby; mild attention without much actual interest.

As far as the MC's ominous narration, he does something similar at the end of Episode 3 when he mentions how some doors should never be opened. Granted, I don't think he means things would be better if Josy never came to B&R, but but there's no question that Maya opening the door was a huge deal in that moment. His comment about calling for help if he knew why Bella was crying could likewise be about the moment, or it could be far something far fundamental about Bella. We just don't know.

Personally, I've always found the Bella romance unnerving. I've used the analogy before of the MC insisting a former alcoholic go out bar hopping with him. Her complete mood change during sex does little to reassure me. But I'm only playing her path for the sake of completion, so I'm content to wait and see what happens.

I got some positive speculation for you bro :Kappa:(y)

After replaying the game from start to finish, and rewatching the flashbacks in particular, I'm super hyped for Zoey as a character and how she'll impact the story. I absolutely love her appearance in the final scenes of episode 8, and I love Neil's reaction to her. I'm still skeptical about Zoey's interlude and how much I'll like or care about it, mostly because it's just going to delay the next episode's arrival, but I think she's going to be great. I know some of your personal criticism about the game involves the MC not committing, and rather than Zoey having an even greater compounding of that problem by having to choose her vs. your chosen LI, I think she's going to take a more mature sisterly approach to the MC and encourage him to stop having doubts and to commit. Her re-introduction with Neil points to that sort of role she'll be adopting, less as an LI and more as a sister-stroke-family member, especially considering she's coming back directly after the MC chooses which path he'll be taking. That feels like an intentional move by DPC, not to bring back Zoey as potentially more doubt and drama to make the MC question his choices, but as an element of stability and family. Like the MC's monologue at the start of the game mentions, family are the ones who stick by you, that's the role I feel Zoey is going to fill: a surrogate sister, a family member, rather than direct competition to the LI's.

Now all that being said, that doesn't mean we won't bang Zoey again, but I don't think we'll have to. And there will definitely be some drama among the LI's, and probably even Quinn, once they find out that Zoey was the MC's first. I suspect Zoey is going to act really familiar and affectionate with the MC, which will make some of them jealous, whether she necessarily wants to rekindle the flame at all.

All in all, after my initial poor reaction to Zoey, I'm excited for her character and role going forward in the story. She's gonna be a fan favorite, I can tell.
Your keyboard to DPC's ears. I like Zoey's look and her hug with Neil, too. I want to optimistic here. I'd love it if her role was intended to be a sounding board with an outside perspective that the MC trusts (and will only become romantic if the player chooses). But that doesn't feel like a smooth fit with what we know about her; the MC did a lot of things he didn't like because she wanted him to, the two lost touch 6 months ago and she didn't tell him she was returning, the MC clearly doesn't like talking about her, that sort of thing.

To me it feels Zoey will be an instant sore wound for the MC and it will be a while before she could fulfill a sisterly role at all, much less as well as one of the unchosen LIs could; Bella, Sage and Jill have already done some of that during the M/J crisis, so they'd have a big head start on Zoey. Though I suppose Zoey could be useful for cases where the MC had been romancing all 5 LIs up until the last minute.

One thing I am hoping we'll learn from this Interlude is why Zoey is back. If she isn't going to join us at B&R (and thus presumably won't be around all the time), that might be an indication her role will be a bit more distant, at least at first.

I wonder why so many people here haven't understood yet that this game's philosophy is: "you have to pay the price for what you did, buddy".

Are you a DIcK? you have to pay the price, sooner or later.

Did you make out with a lot of chicks? you have to pay the price with the main girls.

Did you make out with more than 1 main girl? you have to pay the price with the other girls.

Did you make out with Jade? you have to pay the price with Sage.

Did you make out with Cathy? you have to pay the price with Bella.

Did you make out with Bella? you have to pay the price with Jill.

Did you favour Josy over Maya? you have to pay the price with Maya.

Did you favour Maya over Josy? you have to pay the price with Josy.

Did you make out with Quinn & the HOTs? you have to pay the price with everybody else!

Can't you understand it? it's your loss, folks.
Speaking for myself, I'm more concerned about the insistence we pay the price for things we haven't done.

Didn't sleep with Josy? You still have to resent her "lying" to the MC.

Hate Quinn and want to be honest with Sage? You still can't mention that "Quinn is evil" when Sage wants to plan the party.

Deliberately downplayed any romance with Jill to avoid leading her on while pursuing Bella? Jill still gets an eyeful of that hot, steamy drama.

Always played nice with Tybalt and never gave Jade the time of day? Fuck. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck. Fuck.

It rather muddles the message about paying for the consequences of your actions, IMHO.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Speaking for myself, I'm more concerned about the insistence we pay the price for things we haven't done.

Didn't sleep with Josy? You still have to resent her "lying" to the MC.

Hate Quinn and want to be honest with Sage? You still can't mention that "Quinn is evil" when Sage wants to plan the party.

Deliberately downplayed any romance with Jill to avoid leading her on while pursuing Bella? Jill still gets an eyeful of that hot, steamy drama.

Always played nice with Tybalt and never gave Jade the time of day? Fuck. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck. Fuck.

It rather muddles the message about paying for the consequences of your actions, IMHO.
yeah more than once the game with its decisions feels like riding a horse... but the horse is leading the way...

No matter what choices the MC make, you dont really have any influence on the story or the drama other characters are going through... its one of some flawes the game has.

The choices only matter in the direct relationship between the characters and the MC... ok otherwise this game would be even bigger than it is right now, but yeah its just sometimes frustrating.

Reactions: Tumblingjoint

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
OK, sorry if I've lost it in the 100s of pages since the update, but am I the only one wondering about the puzzle box? What is this thing and where did it come from? Did MC really find it in a previous episode and I somehow forgot? Can we do anything with it after it is first introduced? I'm just waiting for MC to solve the Lament Configuration and for this game to take a very abrupt turn...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I generally agree. But it does occur to me that the MC being a Burgmeister could potentially add drama by furthering Rusty's need to stand on his own two feet. We see in Episode 8 that Rusty feels bad about disappointing his dad and is willing to go to great lengths to make it right. If Lynette was a Burgmeister and Rusty's dad insisted Rusty kick the MC out of the DIKs when he found out, it would put Rusty in the uncomfortable position of having to choose between his surrogate family and his real one.

While that might be interesting, I think it would ultimately be a bit of a downer and not all that exciting since the MC's involvement in it is tangential. But it IS a way the MC as Burgmeister could matter, which I had not considered possible before. So I figure it's worth mentioning even if I don't buy it myself.
I don't know

let's start from the fact that MC should not know his mother's surname and that Neil should think it's a good idea to send him to the college founded by her family who hates him (but Neil with his evident neurodegenerative disease may not know it either), and already it would be a huge strain on the verisimilitude

it would not be the worst thing seen so far for sure

Reactions: mojococo
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes