Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

This last week was insane in so many ways. It was the most hectic and fun release so far. There are always going to be problems during releases, but it went relatively smoothly despite some hiccups. The game has gotten too big, both in popularity and file size, to distribute to patrons effectively. It's a wonderful problem to have.

Each server used was struggling all week long, and it was exhausting trying to deliver the update in a timely fashion. I apologize to everyone affected by the slow download speeds, file corruption, and waiting time; I truly did the best I could. The current download links are stable, and the server load has cooled down over the week.

It's comforting to know that Season 3 will be like pushing the reset button on the file size. So, the next download will be significantly smaller, and I will provide patches again in the future.

Make sure that you keep the game on your PC since Season 1 and Season 2 are considered complete now. If you want to replay episodes 1-8 in the future, you will need the 0.8.x version. There are still some bugs in the current version that I'm fixing, so a v0.8.2 will come out at some point, both as a smaller patch and a full download.

Thanks to everyone for staying patient before and during the release week! And a special thanks to patrons helping each other figure things out when I had to sleep. The beta testers, proofreader, admins, and moderators, also deserve huge thanks for their efforts.

Amidst the network issues and bug fixes, I haven't fully appreciated the feedback and overwhelming response you've sent my way. I've been feeling like a robot trying to put out fires as they started, but the impact of the release is starting to dawn on me.

All of your comments and praise humble me, making me very emotional to read your words. I poured my heart and soul into this episode - and I did so while mourning a tragic family event, but developing this game provided me with a distraction and kept me sane and healthy. And if that doesn't prove how much this game means to me, nothing will.

It's been wonderful to deliver the full second season to you, and I truly wish that all of you thought that the wait was worthwhile. Thank you for supporting and trusting me during the development months of episode 8 and for the incredible support during release. Not only did we become 15000 DIKs, but even 17000 in a matter of 4 days! That's nuts! You are amazing!

I want to celebrate these patron count milestones with you. I have something special planned for this occasion that I will share at a better moment.

In general, I have plenty of exciting news to share with you soon about everything that's coming up for Being a DIK, both in the near future and long-term.

You can look forward to posts including this and more:

• What I'm working on
  • The upcoming Steam release
  • Season 2 patch information
  • The episode 8 walkthrough
  • Information about the Interlude
  • Patron milestone celebration
  • A new Q&A post where you can submit questions
  • Patreon tier changes
Posts may come somewhat irregularly as soon as I have something exciting to share, not just on Fridays, at least for a while.

Fun times lie ahead of us, and I'm so damned excited to start working on Season 3 - where both big questions will be asked and answered!

Right now, I'm going to power on with work.

Love,
Dr PinkCake
Yes, dude.

DrPinkCake's words are the best answer to the huge big morons who started writing that he's tired, he had enough with the game, that he's gonna end the game in the near future, and so on.

BaDIK is alive & kicking and it's gonna rock for a long long time. (y)(y)(y)

I Can't wait for the next news from Dr PinkCake. Yep :sneaky:

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
E8 free roam special render locations.

NB:
hotspots are bright pink, additional arrow added to a couple which are hard to spot.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Free roam special render locations for previous episodes:
Episode 7

Episode 6
Episode 5
Dude, could you put these in zip files please. It's ridiculous to try to open every single image and save every single image on here. Thanx.

• Angry
Reactions: slackster

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Now my day is made, it's fucking made, but please tell me that was one of you guys!! That would pretty much have my week sewn up too! :ROFLMAO:
it was probably dalli but he already has a theory he saw DPC this morning

Can you still fix the windows if you turned off the mini game? anyone knows?

imincsan

Aug 10, 2017
3ed pack quest locations:

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
Heycock to do list, Update.

This episode had three clear winners. Blondes, boobs, and Milfs.
Yet another great winners were thoose girls... the forgotten ones, thoose poor extras who only wants to be a part of the story, to be accepted with welcoming hands by the players and a growing dick by the MC. So, let's see how we are doing in the pussy examination department, and what are our goals for the upcomming episodes:

1) Done.

2) Work in progress

3) New aditions

4) No further advance.

5) We will miss you

EyeCannon

Nov 19, 2019
I think it's sad that we already had to make that important decision on the crossroads. It would have been more fun to keep things open for a bit longer. And then see each character grow on the MC more so that the decision would have even more impact and weight, I think that would have been more interesting. And I also wish that Quinn was a real option I think there "bond" is really intriguing to see and to me one of the most interesting interactions. She only opens up a little bit to the MC lowering her wall just a little and other then that shes just beign a manipulative bitch to everyone else. Some mysteries are still not answerd like who actually trashed down the DIK's mansion and posted that picture of the teacher on rooster. I wonder if we will ever find those things out or if it's just getting ignored and forgotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: kih1952

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
As for the characters who finish college at the end of the year, I think the game will end at that point.

We will certainly have a flashforward to tell us what happens next, but clearly we will not have the three years of college of the MC.

Given the current pace of the game and the events that happen in a university year, we can say that we will have:

- next episode will be Halloween

- then there is Christmas and New Year's Day, not far after you can put Valentine's Day

- then we have events that belong to university life: Spring Break and end of the university year.

So 4 episodes. Between the end of the year (New Year's Day) and Spring Break, you can put one or two episodes, the same to reach the end of the academic year. Which means two seasons, eight episodes, if the pace of development is the same, that means two and a half more years.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ename144

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020

In general, I have plenty of exciting news to share with you soon about everything that's coming up for Being a DIK, both in the near future and long-term.
Hopefully he's announcing he's hiring a at least one person to speed up the development times or else it's going to ages for this game to be completed.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Why nobody talks about Josy and Maya solo routes? It certainly happens depends on your particular answer in one dialogue. But I don't think anybody go for it lol. It's understandable since there are not a lot of scenes for that route but it's there if you want to

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
What's even weirder is I made a "trouple" only save in which I cold shoulder everyone but Josy/Maya.
Why would the MC even go "Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" when he sees the family photo?

Sage: friend
Jade: teacher and nothing sexual ever happened
Burke: only met twice (library: said hey / Chad bullying)
Tybald: was not mean to him at any point

None of those warrant a freakout.
In my case it does make sense for the MC to say "fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck" since:
Sage: Girlfriend.
Jade: Teacher and with sex, after choosing Sage she gets angry and tells him never to talk to her again.
Burke: Nothing.
Tybalt: my Mc gave him such a punch at a party that I don't think they are very close friends.

It will depend a bit what choices you have made I suppose.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Why nobody talks about Josy and Maya solo routes? It certainly happens depends on your particular answer in one dialogue. But I don't think anybody go for it lol. It's understandable since there are not a lot of scenes for that route but it's there if you want to
Because until DPC implements it in the game, those solo routes don't officially exist.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Because until DPC implements it in the game, those solo routes don't officially exist.
it's kinda implemented already tho. Whomever mc said that he still loves her, she is doubting about whether she did the right thing to leave mc and still have feelings for him. Also afaik there were some romance scenes happened in both solo routes of Maya and Josy

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes