sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I've been thinking February for a while. He seems to be using his time wisely, or at least his machines wisely. at 40-60 minutes i'd say that is 15-20% the size of the last couple of episodes. He took some time off before beggining work on 8 and then also had the season 3 save system to develop, as well us upgrading the version of Ren'py the game used. I think we'll see episode developement time return to closer to 6 and 7 for the next 2 or 3.

So here's some sums for fun. Episode 8 took 30 weeks to develop (Week one the first Friday after 7 was released). 15% of the time for this would be 4.5 Weeks rounded up, 20% would be 6. That would be the 24th-31st December. We end up with the same time frame for 15-20% of content.

• On average he produced 358/30=11.93 animations per week.
  • On Average he produced 4158/30=138.6 static renders per week
  • 15% of statics would be 623.7, 20% would be 831.6
  • 15% of anaimations would be 53.7, 20% would be 71.6

So that means to produce the statics it would take;
  • 15% - 623.7/138.6= 4.5 weeks
  • 20% - 831.6/138.6= 6 weeks

So that means to produce the animations it would take;
  • 15% - 53.7/11.93= 4.5 weeks
  • 20% - 71.6/11.93= 6 weeks
Yes, this doesn't take into account writing or coding, however, I do think it would be reasonable to expect Interlude to arrive in January or early February. At a 40-60 minute production any longer wouldn't make sense. I'm going to go with February 4th. In turn i'm going to predict July 22nd-29th for Episode 9.
Yes, in terms of production it could be, but you have to remember that the game time in a normal episode is constituted by story, mini games and free roams, here you would have 60 minutes of game time only with story...
And this is a guess on my part, maybe DPC uses more words than renders, but to fill those 60 minutes, at least as we are used to, would be more than 800 renders.
As for episode 9, I only speculate that if there is a real branch, if there is, the size of the episode in itself would have to be gigantic, since the previous episodes had a lot of common path for all the characters, and again speculating too much, if DPC is going to split the path a lot, it should have a lot of content for each path, so you would fill the average play time of each episode.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Episode Interlude
I have been writing and planning the interlude, I'm trying to box in the events I want in it, and it's going well. I'm very pleased with the writing so far, and I can't wait to continue.

My PCs have been rendering some longer animations lately, and I've also started posing static renders.

It's tough to estimate how long the interlude will be in gameplay. I aim for a 40-60 minutes duration for an average player.

Overall, it will feel interesting, fresh, and different than the previous episodes in several ways.
According to my feelings, the prologue to episode 5 took about 10-15 minutes. But in fact, something else is interesting. What will he tell about the character for 40-60 minutes? We are not interested in it at all yet.
I would also put it at the beginning-middle of February. Development should go faster due to fewer animations, a more linear story and simple code. There will be no lewd scenes in the game, or there will be a minimum of them, and this should also affect the pace, since posing for lewd scenes takes the most time. It's too early to draw any conclusions and panic. We need to wait for a full status update next week.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Yes, in terms of production it could be, but you have to remember that the game time in a normal episode is constituted by story, mini games and free roams, here you would have 60 minutes of game time only with story...
And this is a guess on my part, maybe DPC uses more words than renders, but to fill those 60 minutes, at least as we are used to, would be more than 800 renders.
As for episode 9, I only speculate that if there is a real branch, if there is, the size of the episode in itself would have to be gigantic, since the previous episodes had a lot of common path for all the characters, and again speculating too much, if DPC is going to split the path a lot, it should have a lot of content for each path, so you would fill the average play time of each episode.
Yes he may need to produce more renders, though he said there won't be a lot of sex so that probably means less animations. As you say we are unlikely to get mini games or free roam events (though we might), but if we don't have these things, it means he doesn't need to produce renders for them, or programme them. In other words some time might be gained for extra renders during conversations, but then some time will be recovered without the need to produce complex events.

As for the branching of episode 9. I don't anticpate this to be as significant as others. Yes there will be scenes and events you don't see, however this is only the same doing a single character playthrough now. The main story will still continue leading to the Halloween party. On the way to the party we'll bang either our LI's or side chicks, and possibly get the chance to cheat, but i don't think the player game will be much different, just potentially with less fucking. (One of the reasons i feel it's early to make us choose, but we'll see.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
it's also a bit of a test to see if with the new saves everything is ok, so I think that there will be a minimum of branching, even some different images depending on certain parameters contained in the save, from the LI chosen to other situations drawn

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I usually use screenshots for those instead of facepalms. Prime example:

View attachment 1546437

Y'all do realize that shot is manipulated, right? I made several of them to use as responses for particularly ridiculous posts:

View attachment 1546456 View attachment 1546457 View attachment 1546458 View attachment 1546459 View attachment 1546461

I sometimes use this one, too:

View attachment 1546464
Sorry you can't convince me. The truth has been revealed Bella is KRJ's Momma. James took one look at that face and ran for the hills. It all fits!

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
no, we are approximately halfway through the game, so it will probably change the story and focus more on the chosen LI, or at some point will be shuffled cards
Basically, choosing the girl means you're no longer being a slut and are ready to try being exclusive. What that also means though is now, you gotta navigate your college and frat life through no longer whoring around and try to remain faithful unless you chose the other route.
It is true that with the choice of an LI, it risks changing the structure of the episodes (at least a little).

More time with the LI, less with the ex-LI, especially if there was rejection on the part of the MC (at least at the beginning). There are also the side chicks, can the MC be unfaithful (probably with consequences later) or not ?

All is not settled, the MC did not speak to M and J (whatever his decision). Episode 9 will begin with the meeting with Mr. and Mrs. Burke, depending on how it goes and the MC's decision on the two girls, he may not be able to broach the subject right away.

If in addition we add the arrival of Zoey, I tell myself that episode 8 which leaves aside the reaction of M and J to the choice of the MC, it is not because DPC lacked time to include it in the episode. I'm afraid that hides complications ...

Reactions: jish55

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Guys... I have a confession. I... like Dawe (no homo). It's too fun to have him around. Whenever he shows up, I can't stop laughing. Can't imagine a single episode without him. Best designed male character IMO.
Don't sweat it, everyone has fans. I've even heard that there are people who like Maya. While I couldn't personally imagine such a feeling, what the hell. Live and let live.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
What will he tell about the character for 40-60 minutes?
A whole lot to make Zoey a viable alternative to all the other main LI's, because DPC most certainly knows we as players couldn't give less of a shit about her and if right now we were presented with the choice to romance her instead of the LI we chose in EP8, everyone would choose the LI.

Aug 15, 2021
Hey all, not sure if this was mentioned but i downloaded the episode 8 compressed files, after starting 8 it would crash after the 6 slide. any thoughts on how to fix it? thanks!

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
hi all, is there a way to change the name of the MC in game and scenes?, if so please let me know, thanks in advance.
You can change on the new mc phone by going into "settings" then changing his name. on the old phone, if I am not wrong is under "pets name"

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Hey all, not sure if this was mentioned but i downloaded the episode 8 compressed files, after starting 8 it would crash after the 6 slide. any thoughts on how to fix it? thanks!
I don't know, try to download it again or unzip it in another folder

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes