nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Thanks, your post gave me an idea why the MC needs to ask Jill out. Jill is a door opener.(y)

Reasons for Jill's date::unsure:

1. The player wants Jill as LI either way. Career as a musician and rich in-laws.:love:
2. If the MC is doing it just to spite Tybalt, the MC is hitting on the tennis teaching career. Jill found out at the first tennis match that the MC is not a beginner.:cry:
3. The MC is really interested in Jill, but she doesn't become a LI. Then a career as a musician could be waiting for him because he builds a good and stable friendship with Jill.:cool:

Many forget what the MC can say to Sage in EP1. No friends yet. I think that this is actually very important. Only with true and real friends, the MC will never be alone.:geek:
this was weak by the standards you got us used to. cmon, dalli, you can do better

• Haha
Reactions: dalli_x

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
There is a difference between liking a well crafted villain and still recognizing they are a villain and need to go down, and wanting them to have a happy ending after ruining so many lives. Quinn destroyed Mona and people still root for her. Most fans of the joker aren't rooting for him to win. He's a great villain. My daughter is 5, she's a huge fan of heath ledger's joker, but she understands that while he's a funny psychopathic murderer, he's still a psychopathic murderer and he needs to lose. Something a ton of people on this site don't seem to get about quinn. Liking a villain for being a good villain(while still understanding they are a villain) is very different from what people do with quinn. She needs to lose. She belongs in jail.
I don't think it's as simple as you suggest and the interpretation you're arguing for only makes sense in the context of a black and white moral view of the game. On such a view, you're right that Quinn would be a villain and we could expect her to get her comeuppance somewhere down the line. But the world of BaDIK is more complex than that: we've seen glimpses of Quinn's past and hints about her motivation; there are still gaps to fill in but I think we can already infer that she isn't just doing "bad" things for the sake of it and the character isn't just a cut-out villain. There is more going on, and that's what some players are latching onto. This is reflected in other areas of the game, too: the choices that the MC is faced with are often morally grey and there isn't a clearcut right and wrong - look at the choice to tell Sage about Chad, for example.

The other dimension to this is that DPC has deliberately developed Quinn as a romantic interest for an MC that follows her path. This is now beyond dispute. Where it goes from here is still open to speculation, but it's got to the point where for some players Quinn isn't just a sympathetic character, but a viable love interest as well, which adds to the interest in her. I also don't think there's anything particularly unusual about this kind of interest: the archetype of a seemingly cold hearted bad girl who warms up when the right guy comes along is a staple of literature and drama so it's no surprise it's popular among some players of this game too.

Finally I think you're wrong that people don't sometimes root for the villain to get away with it. They do. And it's a harmless attitude to take when there are no real life stakes involved.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It will be interesting for sure. On the Bella only path. Even Bella told naive Jill to date MC. For naive Jill, that is all she can think about...hey she has Bella's gold seal of approval. She is safe. She probably was unable to see a situation where Bella and MC could be together making the beast with two backs when again, Bella told her to date him....Jill felt confident that was the way to go...etc.
For naive Jill it is a huge shock as.... Bella is her "best friend" and she has feelings enough for MC to even put up with Taibalts BS in an effort to help MC.

I guess it is possible to repair that kind of damage of Jill and Bella's friendship but I don't know how. (I don't have all the answers...so...I don't know how). MC and Bella being together with a damaged Bella/Jill friendship will be interesting. Again, Jill is very naive and everyone has to stop what they are doing to wipe her nose and dry her tears. It is going to really suck.

I still think the Jill as an active shooter on campus scenario is a possibility. :ROFLMAO:
already when there are the premises that something important can happen in reality almost nothing happens, let alone when it is specified that "it went better" than it could have gone as in this case :ROFLMAO:

if you are not in Jill's path you have nothing to fear for Bella, and it can't be otherwise

there will be a scene of clarification with Bella and at the end Jill will bless her friend's newfound happiness, why should she be angry with Bella? after avoiding MC in the last 3 chapters (no picnic, no surprise visit to the PREPs, no invitation with her friends...) there is no point in any "serious" drama

at the most, it could happen that Jill would point out to Bella how it is not acceptable for a married woman to date someone else (if James is still alive), but this is a necessary step in Bella's path, if Jill points it out to her, it will change very little

we still don't know how Maya and Josy will take it (when Mc decides to eat with Sage they show some jealousy) but I don't think there is anything to worry about in this case either

TajaRrR

Jun 16, 2018
you should look at the number of teen becoming homeless because their sexuality or religion is not ok for their parent
I'm well aware of that, but I'm talking here about specific character in game, not real life person.
I know that this type of situation probably happened to a lot of teens in real life and will be happening because it's fucked up world we live in.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
you should look at the number of teen becoming homeless because their sexuality or religion is not ok for their parent
That really doesn't apply to Maya. She's an adult, she could get a job and do anything that she wants with her life. Or she could stand up to her Father and tell him to accept her as she is or get out of her life.

Also, I've been involved in doing volunteer work for the homeless for more than two decades now. You may want to re check your 'numbers'. The overwhelming majority of the homeless population fall into three categories, substance abusers, military veterans, and the mentally ill with substantial overlap in those groups.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
In real life I'd agree, but this isn't real life, it's a game. It's like suggesting people that play GTA are psychos. It's just a game, with no consequences in real life.

Heaps of villains in stories are preferred to the protagonist(s):
  • Dark Darth Vader (probably the number 1 example) - hehe, oops, thank you OFT, but yes Dark Helmet is another great villain. :whistle:
  • Hannibal Lector (did anyone care when he walked off into the sunset while Clarise was shitting herself)
  • Dracula (too cool for school while Harker had a stick [or was that a stake] up his ass)
  • Barbosa (mainly because Geoffrey Rush hammed him up so much)
  • The Joker (personally not a big Heath fan myself, but I can't deny the love so many have for this character)
  • Freddy Kruger (he makes killing kids seem so wholesome)
  • Jason Voorhees (and this motherfucker had no personality at all)
  • Pretty much every killer of teenagers in the slasher-style movies (maybe it's what they do, not who they are...)
  • Keyser Söze (well, not anymore though, 'cause, you know...)
  • Hans Landa (he was fucking awesome)
  • and so on.
Sometimes the villain is so enjoyable you want them to succeed in their dastardly plans. In this case, we don't necessarily want Quinn to succeed in her plans, we just don't want her to die, and want to fuck her regularly. :giggle:
And even so, most of those characters die, I don't know them all, but I do know the most famous ones, even the Joker dies depending on the Batman movie you are looking for and I speak of the animated ones

Jason and Freddy themselves are immortal and the movies have their names so they themselves are the movies, they die and revive, if someone sees these movies for the actors and not for Jason or Freddy they are doing something wrong :ROFLMAO:

Barbosa my favorite pirate but below Davy Jones, he died or sacrificed himself for his daughter his redemption was good :cry:

Reactions: shazba

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I'm well aware of that, but I'm talking here about specific character in game, not real life person.
I know that this type of situation probably happened to a lot of teens in real life and will be happening because it's fucked up world we live in.
And authors look for examples in real life to create characters

TajaRrR

Jun 16, 2018
And authors look for examples in real life to create characters
Even if we treat her like living person then she could do a lot of things in her current situation, like I said earlier, confront her father, find job or go straight to dean for help herself and talk about how her father treats her and find solution this way.

Reactions: ju1zzed

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I can agree with most of what you said but not this one.
She is playing victim card a lot, she is always searching someone to help her because her life is so hard and all but she herself is doing nothing to change that.
She always makes people around her to feel bad for her situation and eventually help her in anything she needs just like she did with Josy, Derek, fuckface, Sage.
All she has to do is face her father, he may not like that his daughter is lesbian but he would never end her education because of that, like this is so obvious.
My problem with her is that she doesn't take responsibility for herself.
She fucks something up then goes to her tower and waits for her knight in shining armor to slay the dragon and save her.

But I agree with what you said about Quinn and Tommy :)
Different views and opinions are the essence of this thread.:D

I don't see it that way. Maya never once actively asked for help during the entire game. Maybe I missed something there, but I don't think so. Yes, Maya is offered help. But it's all done on a voluntary basis.

Josy helps her friend, of course. They have a relationship with each other. If you don't help each other in a relationship, then the relationship is over.

Derek is her brother. "Family comes first."

Sage has relied too much on Quinn and as a result has neglected her duties as president of the HOT's. Okay, I readily admit that Sage has enough problems of her own. She has to study for her dissertation, and the Chad thing is getting to her, too.

But above all that is the MC (fuckface). MC=main character=the player. So when the MC (fuckface) decides to help Maya, every single player decides to help her.

I'm going to come back to Sage one more time. Honestly. If it weren't for Josy and Maya, Sage would be my MC heart's choice. I think it's even better that DPC gave the MC a chance to help Sage, which makes her a really good friend to the MC. I also think that is the main reason Sage is helping Maya. With the MC, Sage has a friend, a relationship that she has probably never experienced with anyone and certainly not with a boy. My MC doesn't want Sage as a sex trophy. He is interested in her concerns, fears, worries, feelings, etc.... The MC gives Sage everything she got from her adoptive parents and probably no one else before. And that is exactly what she wants to give back and instinctively feels that Maya needs her help. That makes Sage a great character in my eyes. I'm curious to see if the three of them (Josy/Maya/MC) will thank her. I envision all three of them becoming Sage's fuck buddies.:love:

Dracodadark

Dec 1, 2017
No, it would just add some ectoplasm...

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing that she's pigeonholed into having "anger issues". To me she comes across as a very human person. Most of her outbursts are funny, like when she shits it when he she finds out his mom is dead. And her reaction to finding she's being cheated on, Chad fucking deserves it.

So I didn't mind that she finds it hard to discuss her emotions, that's ok, but to me she's always seemed appropriately expressive:
  • She teared up when the mc told her about his mom and dad and his birthday,
  • She got angry when she got dumped by Chad,
  • She was sincere when she talked to Maya about helping her,
  • She get's frustrated when she's struggling with the G chord (she has no issues with the major D though)
  • She laughs with the mc all the time; and
  • She's horney... most of the time. :sneaky:
Basically she's like the characters from the Wizard of Oz; she already has all those emotions, she doesn't need to find them.
I agree on Sage she try’s to act tough and angry but really an I hate you is her way of saying I love and care about you.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Even if we treat her like living person then she could do a lot of things in her current situation, like I said earlier, confront her father, find job or go straight to dean for help herself and talk about how her father treats her and find solution this way.
Confront her father what a nice way to say it but not everyone can do it, not even Derek can do it

I have seen people who could never confront their parents, why would she?

You say it as if all people were the same

That she look for a job and ready everything solved

My parents never allowed to me have a job, until I got my college degree.they told me that the only thing I had to focus on was studying that they paid all my tuition my mother is a doctor and my father is a sailor, so I think they could easily afford what Maya can't.

My parents never gave me an ultimatum that they would stop paying for college for being gay

Then I ask you that I know that Maya and Josy give you shit because yesterday you made it clear,

It is better for her to prostitute herself with an old man who pays her everything or to seek help from the most important people in her life? Who are currently 3 Derek, Josy, MC and now Sage

Only 4 characters who know about her problems of the possible 30 that this game has

ALSFF

Dec 14, 2021
After Sage graduates, who can replace her as the leader of hot? Sege's concern for hot is visible to the naked eye. I think she cares about everyone in hot and can lead them, although she is also a little dependent on Quinn(
1639661637221.png
).
After Sage graduated, is there such a person? I am anxious

ciberma7865

Jan 13, 2020
That really doesn't apply to Maya. She's an adult, she could get a job and do anything that she wants with her life. Or she could stand up to her Father and tell him to accept her as she is or get out of her life.

Also, I've been involved in doing volunteer work for the homeless for more than two decades now. You may want to re check your 'numbers'. The overwhelming majority of the homeless population fall into three categories, substance abusers, military veterans, and the mentally ill with substantial overlap in those groups.
So Maya stand up to her father and he get that he is a dick head, that he should love her no matter want ? Be serious : Maya is in a position where either she continue to deal with her abusive father or she refuse and found herself with debt and no home (cause no college). So she found herself drowning in the situation (cause she's a teen yeah legally she's an adult doesn't mean that at 19 you have what it take to face a situation like this one). I'm ok with the fact that you can dislike the way she act, but don't reduce Maya trouble to just dealing with Patrick and the situation would miraculously resolve herself.
Lastly I say 2+2=4 and you tell me 4<5 so I don't really see the correlation.

Reactions: lipe2410

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Confront her father what a nice way to say it but not everyone can do it, not even Derek can do it

I have seen people who could never confront their parents, why would she?

You say it as if all people were the same

That she look for a job and ready everything solved

My parents never allowed to me have a job, until I got my college degree.they told me that the only thing I had to focus on was studying that they paid all my tuition my mother is a doctor and my father is a sailor, so I think they could easily afford what Maya can't.

My parents never gave me an ultimatum that they would stop paying for college for being gay

Then I ask you that I know that Maya and Josy give you shit because yesterday you made it clear,

It is better for her to prostitute herself with an old man who pays her everything or to seek help from the most important people in her life? Who are currently 3 Derek, Josy, MC and now Sage

Only 4 characters who know about her problems of the possible 30 that this game has
All Maya ever does is seek help from others, that was TajaRrR point. In game we've never seen her take steps on her own to solve her own problems.

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
After Sage graduates, who can replace her as the leader of hot? Sege's concern for hot is visible to the naked eye. I think she cares about everyone in hot and can lead them, although she is also a little dependent on Quinn(
1639661637221.png
).
After Sage graduated, is there such a person? I am anxious
Unless someone wants to be the president and fight for it the only option is quinn since she is the VP. I think elena could be a good leader she seems chill AF

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
So Maya stand up to her father and he get that he is a dick head, that he should love her no matter want ? Be serious : Maya is in a position where either she continue to deal with her abusive father or she refuse and found herself with debt and no home (cause no college). So she found herself drowning in the situation (cause she's a teen yeah legally she's an adult doesn't mean that at 19 you have what it take to face a situation like this one). I'm ok with the fact that you can dislike the way she act, but don't reduce Maya trouble to just dealing with Patrick and the situation would miraculously resolve herself.
Lastly I say 2+2=4 and you tell me 4<5 so I don't really see the correlation.
I'm so sick of that excuse, there are teens all over the world that fend for themselves and deal with their own problems, in fact that's the norm for most of the world.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
All Maya ever does is seek help from others, that was TajaRrR point. In game we've never seen her take steps on her own to solve her own problems.
I still wonder what you are doing here? This game is not for you I am not in threads of games that I do not like

Reactions: Ilhares

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

I simply have to disagree with that.

1. 18-19 years old is not an adult nowadays (it was different in the 15th century).

2. Maya could certainly find a job without a university degree. But in her life she would then only be able to do what she wants in a very limited way.

3. at the end of EP6 and at the beginning of EP7, Maya is not naive, she shows an adult mindset, with the consequence that she has to suspend the relationship with Josy until the end of college and so she is thanked. The earliest time for Maya to reprimand her father is logically when she graduates from college. Otherwise, read point 2 again.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes