TajaRrR

Jun 16, 2018
Different views and opinions are the essence of this thread.:D
I agree and because of that game itself feels better. That thanks to it we can gather and discuss this :)

I don't see it that way. Maya never once actively asked for help during the entire game. Maybe I missed something there, but I don't think so. Yes, Maya is offered help. But it's all done on a voluntary basis.
Actively not so much but she puts herself in this position where you feel obligated to help her.
And I'm not saying that people should not help her but solution should come from her and not everyone around her.
But like you said everyone could see it different and I get it :)

Confront her father what a nice way to say it but not everyone can do it, not even Derek can do it

I have seen people who could never confront their parents, why would she?

You say it as if all people were the same

That she look for a job and ready everything solved

My parents never allowed to me have a job, until I got my college degree.they told me that the only thing I had to focus on was studying that they paid all my tuition my mother is a doctor and my father is a sailor, so I think they could easily afford what Maya can't.

My parents never gave me an ultimatum that they would stop paying for college for being gay

Then I ask you that I know that Maya and Josy give you shit because yesterday you made it clear,

It is better for her to prostitute herself with an old man who pays her everything or to seek help from the most important people in her life? Who are currently 3 Derek, Josy, MC and now Sage

Only 4 characters who know about her problems of the possible 30 that this game has
I'm not saying that her choices are easy or confronting father who controls your life is easy. I just gave a few solutions that are possible to accomplish, they are hard and she would go through a lot but are not impossible.

About prostitution, fuck no she shouldn't do it, it's the worst choice of course.
And I'm not saying that she shouldn't seek help in friends, all I'm saying to not depend on them to do everything for her, while she waits for results.

I think in this Maya problem we all will have different solutions for her depending on our own life choices.

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
OK, now I understand you. Lynette´s family were living in the newer house, and sold them to the Royces to move to the older mansion. Yes, that´s possible.

Or just, one of the two friends of Lynette in that photo (probably the brunette one) is a Royce and that´s her house.
I think that Lynette's friend looks like Bianca and the brunette one when Mc goes to dinner with Jill. Maybe, they are Lynette's friends daughters... Lot of coincidences between Lynette and Jill.

ALSFF

Dec 14, 2021
God, if I choose between these two, I think I will choose Maya, honestly I don’t like Quinn
I see two very different paths in the future.:unsure:

Quinn = brothel and drug den (who likes it, please):rolleyes:

Maya = real feminists and not bullshit with sauce like Wendy, Linda and Co.:D

Reactions: dalli_x

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
you should look at the number of teen becoming homeless because their sexuality or religion is not ok for their parent
Which country? Not in mine, that´s for sure. And I don´t think in US either.

Anyway, let´s compare Maya with Lily, being that they both have exactly the same problem: they want to study, but they don´t have the money for that.

- Lily take care of his problem. She finds a job that will pay for her studies. It´s not a nice job. She has to put up with drunks who tell her things like "bitch, show me your tits." But she does what she needs to do in order of achieving her goal, and anyone that don´t like it can go to hell.

- Maya is delusional. Tries to find an easy and convenient solution for her problem. She believes an absurd rumor about a sorority paying student´s tuitions, just for kindness of heart or something. No string attached. When she discovers the obvious, that everything is a lie, she pities herself, creates a drama around herself, and drags her brother and friends, and even an almost estrange like Sage into her problems.

- Lily is clear from the beginning about the kind of relationship she wants to have with Tremolo. She knows that she can´t aspire to be her girlfriend (imagine Tommy saying to Tremolo "hey brother, yesterday night your girlfriend gave to me the best lap dance. She earned a good tip, for sure! What a boner she gave to me!"). Or maybe she don´t want to have a boyfriend. In any case, her mind is clear. So she offers Tremolo a deal: "let´s be friends, let´s fuck, let´s cover each other´s backs, and let´s not allow that romantic feelings interfere in this arrangement. I won´t say anything if you fuck with other girls, and you won´t say anything about my job" I think those could be the terms of the offer of "rolling together".

- Maya only say half trues to Tremolo (the worst kind of lies, we say in my country), after asking to him for total sincerity. She attracts Tremolo even if she´s already into a relationship. She uses Tremolo, plays with his feelings and even humiliates him in front of Quinn and other HOTs to become a pledge of the HOTs. Then she pouts, drops a couple of tears, look at him with puppy dog eyes, gets him to forgive her... and continues attracting him and using him to be accepted by the HOTs, never telling him that she´s lesbian and has a girlfriend. And, when everything explodes, she continues playing the victim card and making Tremolo feel bad for not wanting to continue being his friend.

Seriously, I would see way better future for Tremolo in a serious relationship with Lily, stripper and all, than in a serious relationship with Maya.

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

Anyway, let´s compare Maya with Lily, being that they both have exactly the same problem: they want to study, but they don´t have the money for that.

- Lily take care of his problem. She finds a job that will pay for her studies. It´s not a nice job. She has to put up with drunks who tell her things like "bitch, show me your tits." But she does what she needs to do in order of achieving her goal, and anyone that don´t like can go to hell.

- Maya is delusional. Tries to find an easy and convenient solution for her problem. She believes an absurd rumor about a sorority paying student´s tuitions, just for kindness of heart or something. No string attached. When she discovers the obvious, that everything is a lie, she pities herself, creates a drama around herself, and drags her brother and friends, and even an almost estrange like Sage into her problems.

- Lily is clear from the beginning about the kind of relationship she wants to have with Tremolo. She knows that she can´t aspire to be her girlfriend (imagine Tommy saying to Tremolo "hey brother, yesterday night your girlfriend gave to me the best lap dance. She earned a good tip, for sure! What a boner she gave to me!"). Or maybe she don´t want to have a boyfriend. In any case, her mind is clear. So she offers Tremolo a deal: "let´s be friends, let´s fuck, let´s cover each other´s backs, and let´s not leave that romantic feelings interfere in this arrangement. I won´t say anything if you fuck with other girls, and you won´t say anything about my job" I think those could be the terms of the offer of "rolling together".

- Maya only say half trues to Tremolo (the worst kind of lies, we say in my country), after asking to him for total sincerity. She attracts Tremolo even if she´s already into a relationship. She uses Tremolo, plays with his feelings and even humiliates him in front of Quinn and other HOTs to become a pledge of the HOTs. Then she pouts, drops a couple of tears, look at him with puppy dog eyes, gets him to forgive her... and continues attracting him and using him to be accepted by the HOTs, never telling him that she´s lesbian and has a girlfriend. And, when everything explodes, she continues playing the victim card and making Tremolo feel bad for not wanting to continue being his friend.

Seriously, I would see way better future for Tremolo in a serious relationship with Lily, stripper and all, than in a serious relationship with Maya.
That's exactly the way I feel about Maya. I think back to that scene she made in the Gender Studies classroom, angry at the MC because he didn't want to hear her apology and going on and on about how hard it was for her to be a truthful, honest person!

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

- Lily take care of his problem. She finds a job that will pay for her studies. It´s not a nice job. She has to put up with drunks who tell her things like "bitch, show me your tits." But she does what she needs to do in order of achieving her goal, and anyone that don´t like can go to hell.

- Lily is clear from the beginning about the kind of relationship she wants to have with Tremolo. She knows that she can´t aspire to be her girlfriend (imagine Tommy saying to Tremolo "hey brother, yesterday night your girlfriend gave to me the best lap dance. She earned a good tip, for sure! What a boner she gave to me!"). Or maybe she don´t want to have a boyfriend. In any case, her mind is clear. So she offers Tremolo a deal: "let´s be friends, let´s fuck, let´s cover each other´s backs, and let´s not leave that romantic feelings interfere in this arrangement. I won´t say anything if you fuck with other girls, and you won´t say anything about my job" I think those could be the terms of the offer of "rolling together".

We go through this discussion probably once a month or so.

Maya has grown up with a controlling dad and she typically would have done what he said. She would have gotten used to that for her whole life up until recently.

We know she believes he wouldn't let her have a summer job, so she just goes along with it. Oppressed people tend to go along to keep things peaceful until they are pushed too hard.

It's possible Maya's first push back against her dad was her relationship with Josy, and she probably never intended for him to find out about it, but obviously he did.

Suddenly life got a lot harder for her. She's always done what her dad wants, she's always left things up to her dad, so she's not well equipped to solve her own problems.

She's not the only girl in history that's grown up this way.

The good news is she's now with a bunch of people who can help her, not to do everything for her, but to help her help herself.

We haven't got to that point of Maya learning to help herself, and that could come from standing up to her dad, or seeing the authorities (either the college or even the police) regarding the blackmail she is enduring, or just cutting ties with him and learning to stand on her own two feet.

But in the meanwhile, she is still transitioning from someone who doesn't have the strength or knowledge to help herself, and so it can be frustrating to watch.

Hopefully she'll get there. But for now she needs help.

But yeah, she doesn't need a fish, she needs to be taught how to fish (not sure why, but just before I pressed "Post Reply", I realised I'd written, "she needs to be taught how to fuck" :eek: - well that too I guess... :sneaky:)

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
We go through this discussion probably once a month or so.

Maya has grown up with a controlling dad and she typically would have done what he said. She would have gotten used to that for her whole life up until recently.

We know she believes he wouldn't let her have a summer job, so she just goes along with it. Oppressed people tend to go along to keep things peaceful until they are pushed too hard.

It's possible Maya's first push back against her dad was her relationship with Josy, and she probably never intended for him to find out about it, but obviously he did.

Suddenly life got a lot harder for her. She's always done what her dad wants, she's always left things up to her dad, so she's not well equipped to solve her own problems.

She's not the only girl in history that's grown up this way.

The good news is she's now with a bunch of people who can help her, not to do everything for her, but to help her help herself.

We haven't got to that point of Maya learning to help herself, and that could come from standing up to her dad, or seeing the authorities (either the college or even the police) regarding the blackmail she is enduring, or just cutting ties with him and learning to stand on her own two feet.

But in the meanwhile, she is still transitioning from someone who doesn't have the strength or knowledge to help herself, and so it can be frustrating to watch.

Hopefully she'll get there. But for now she needs help.

But yeah, she doesn't need a fish, she needs to be taught how to fish (not sure why, but just before I pressed "Post Reply", I realised I'd written, "she needs to be taught how to fuck" :eek: - well that too I guess... :sneaky:)
Excuses.

• Haha
Reactions: wakkawalla

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
shit is morphine not heroin! my only question is why would anyone want to fuck under the effect of morphine?

Well heroin is a chemical derivative of morphine, it's the same kind of opioid.

When I was in college the common drugs were weed, cocaine and metamphetamine for rave parties.

Only a homeless lowlife junkie would do morphine or heroin after the 80s and that tells me that DPC is 40+ years old.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I agree and because of that game itself feels better. That thanks to it we can gather and discuss this :)

Actively not so much but she puts herself in this position where you feel obligated to help her.
And I'm not saying that people should not help her but solution should come from her and not everyone around her.
But like you said everyone could see it different and I get it :)
We are getting closer and closer to the solution. (y)

What do we know about Maya?
Introverted: Conversation with Sage at the end of EP7.:geek:
Conflict averse: conversation with Sage at the end of EP7. Maya has chosen to keep things to herself because it is the easiest way for her. That's why she avoids conflict. But she doesn't just run away like KRJ. :geek:

It takes time and help to correct these deficits. In my opinion, DPC has succeeded in showing this very well. Sometimes I think that DPC has a degree in pschyology. But that is a different issue. :unsure:

With Maya, it is very easy to see that the path to a goal is more important than the goal itself. Let me put it with a metaphor. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." That's exactly what DPC is showing us with Maya.:)

If you don't want that as a player, you're not warning Maya about Quinn and you're not helping her. But if you help Maya, the MC will get two princesses. For me personally, Maya at the EP8 dorm party was the best scene of the whole game. :love:

But there's no accounting for taste.:)

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes