felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
As far as I can tell from DPC work, he will portray Zoey so well that half of the Quinn fans will betray their queen and change their profile pics, signatures and bodypillows to Zoey ones.
for now it is having success on another audience....

but for sure it has in common with Quinn the expectations of an ending that probably not even she will have :cautious:

Are the sex scenes with Isabella really that different depending on your affinity?
in the seventh chapter with the Chick affinity you have one more option, but the scene is basically the same

while in the eighth chapter, depending on the choice you make during the scene, there is a variation during the scene itself.

but we are talking about small variations

Reactions: Jack Townsend

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
As far as I can tell from DPC work, he will portray Zoey so well that half of the Quinn fans will betray their queen and change their profile pics, signatures and bodypillows to Zoey ones.
Profile pics? Maybe. Signatures? Possibly. But my queen of cuddles bodypillow will never be replaced :Kappa:(y)

quinnofcuddles.png

But honestly I think a lot of us are looking forward to having another character of this kind of archetype, and if shazba is correct in his great post about Zoey's potential background, then it's likely Quinn's fans will be fans of her as well once we get some more details. I also know a lot of us, including myself, were almost sold on Zoey because of her great looks to start, so a great story on top would almost be too much to expect.

Last edited:

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
don't worry, it's just shazba's home brewed fan fiction. it's something like dalli's theories, shouldn't be taken seriously =P

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Ok, so about Interlude.

I know its focused on Zoey, but did DPC said if we're doing meaningful choices on it... or if we play with the MC at all? I know the point in to bring a new LI into the table and this kinda makes it less boring to set up episode 9 with a background story...

but...

whats exactly the point if you played a CHICK playthrough and pretty much already chosen a LI path? What if you dont care about Zoey at all? (like me)
I reaaaally not feeling this interlude thing will be worth my time.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if I'm reading the same shit as the rest of you guys, I don't remember anything being mentioned about Zoey's home life.
Well, you haven't read enough posts on this thread. This thread is the original source material for Being a DIK. DrPinkCake reads it religiously and gets all his plot ideas from here. Anything you read here is 100% positive to show up in the game. So, pay attention! :eek:

Bubba McSmith

Oct 30, 2020
Ok, so about Interlude.

I know its focused on Zoey, but did DPC said if we're doing meaningful choices on it... or if we play with the MC at all? I know the point in to bring a new LI into the table and this kinda makes it less boring to set up episode 9 with a background story...

but...

whats exactly the point if you played a CHICK playthrough and pretty much already chosen a LI path? What if you dont care about Zoey at all? (like me)
This is the first release where I won't be downloading ASAP and instead will wait to see what the general consensus is (hopefully without spoilers). From what I can tell we are effectively getting a long version of the intro we see at the beginning of each episode as a stand alone release. Instead of it being a 5 minute backstory of Bella or Jill, it's going to be 60 minutes of Zoey. It would be fine if attached to Episode 9, but I'm just not so sure I want to get pulled back into the world of BaDIK for just this. I could very well just wait until Episode 9 to play it if the reviews are only so-so.

KKhalduras

Jul 8, 2017
This is the first release where I won't be downloading ASAP and instead will wait to see what the general consensus is (hopefully without spoilers). From what I can tell we are effectively getting a long version of the intro we see at the beginning of each episode as a stand alone release. Instead of it being a 5 minute backstory of Bella or Jill, it's going to be 60 minutes of Zoey. It would be fine if attached to Episode 9, but I'm just not so sure I want to get pulled back into the world of BaDIK for just this. I could very well just wait until Episode 9 to play it if the reviews are only so-so.
I mean its still gonna count as an update patch for this game right? So downloading this now could make downloading episode 9's patch easier and faster

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Me:

Started last June, EP1-7 OMG great!

Then EP8, OMG great!

|
|
---------------------------Interlude--------- ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzoey............ Whatever...........

-------------Waiting on EP9 !

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Ok, so about Interlude.

but...

It will be a big, overdeveloped flashback. Few or 0 choices

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I mean its still gonna count as an update patch for this game right? So downloading this now could make downloading episode 9's patch easier and faster
Not an update patch, episode 8 ended, it will be the first of season 3 and up and use the endsaves of ep.8 (unless it's really a standalone with no choices at all)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Ok, so about Interlude.

but...

Those are interesting questions, to which only DrPinkCake and his testers know the answers. I don't see how affinity would affect something in the past. But, will there be choices that carry over into Episode 9? Hmm... :unsure:

DrPinkCake was asked that question:
Will this intermission release be stand-alone, or will choices made in it (assuming there are some) be carried over into Season 3?
His response was:
It's an integral part of the story, yes.
Which tells us ZIP, in my opinion.

To add to the confusion, here's another question:
Doc, with having multiple saves, will we need to run the interlude with each one? Or does it matter?
And his response:
This will be answered by playing the Interlude.
He really doesn't want to tell us.

He did write this in one of his updates:
This release marks the foundation that Season 3 will be built upon, meaning that testing is important and challenging even though the Interlude is shorter than previous episodes.

I can't really glean all that much from any of this. I can't even tell if we HAVE to play this Interlude, or whether we can skip it and use our saves from Episode 8 when Episode 9 comes out. That question may have been answered in one of his updates, but I couldn't find it.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
I could very well just wait until Episode 9 to play it if the reviews are only so-so.
I won't play it till ep 9 no matter how much praise it gets, if it's avoidable i'll skip it altogether, i do the same with nora & granny stripper.
The problem with zoey is that she's made relevant to the plot so i can't get rid of her.

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
Trying to sort through the results of a search in this thread is a massive pain in the ass, can anyone tell me if there's a console command to modify the DIK/CHICK bar maximums?
Oh also for anyone who was wondering about this, I figured it out. The variables are cpenalty (removing the CHICK portions of the bar), and dpenalty (ditto for DIK). There's an 'npenalty' variable but it doesn't seem to do anything to the neutral portions of the bar, with it instead being removed at cpenalty/dpenalty values 12 and 13.

So if you wanted to instantly give yourself a permanent CHICK affinity you'd open the console and type dpenalty = 11 (or 13 if you really hate neutrality) to completely remove all the DIK sections, though it won't update until the next free roam section when it is recalculated. Alternatively, if you don't wanna be a complete pussy constantly and pick some major DIK actions without losing Massive Chick status, you'd use cpenalty = 0 to reset it to max size.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I won't play it till ep 9 no matter how much praise it gets, if it's avoidable i'll skip it altogether, i do the same with nora & granny stripper.
The problem with zoey is that she's made relevant to the plot so i can't get rid of her.
One thing I am sure of: anyone who doesn't play the Interlude, will be all over this thread after Episode 9 comes out, asking what this means or why did that happen, when it was described in the interlude.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Oh also for anyone who was wondering about this, I figured it out. The variables are cpenalty (removing the CHICK portions of the bar), and dpenalty (ditto for DIK). There's an 'npenalty' variable but it doesn't seem to do anything to the neutral portions of the bar, with it instead being removed at cpenalty/dpenalty values 12 and 13.

So if you wanted to instantly give yourself a permanent CHICK affinity you'd open the console and type dpenalty = 11 (or 13 if you really hate neutrality) to completely remove all the DIK sections, though it won't update until the next free roam section when it is recalculated. Alternatively, if you don't wanna be a complete pussy constantly and pick some major DIK actions without losing Massive Chick status, you'd use cpenalty = 0 to reset it to max size.
To add to that, there is a console command, $ updateDikScore(), which immediately updates your choices, so you don't have to wait for a free roam or the end of the game.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
One thing I am sure of: anyone who doesn't play the Interlude, will be all over this thread after Episode 9 comes out, asking what this means or why did that happen, when it was described in the interlude.
That's Probably corect.

I usually skip dialogue when characters i don't care about talk, but if interlude is that pivotal then i'll play it, fuck it.

I'll also check this thread to read people's reactions, so i think i'll have a general idea of what everything means.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I can't really glean all that much from any of this. I can't even tell if we HAVE to play this Interlude, or whether we can skip it and use our saves from Episode 8 when Episode 9 comes out. That question may have been answered in one of his updates, but I couldn't find it.
Inferring from what DPC has said, and the mechanism used to create the save transfers in 0.8, everyone will have to play through the Interlude in some fashion because it contains the code to import the save transfers from 0.8. So people will certainly be able to wait for 0.9, but they'll still be playing Interlude+0.9.

Assuming the save transfer is done in a similar fashion to other games that use this save transfer method, we'll be presented with a screen to select which save we want to transfer to the new game instance. Rinse and repeat for each save. It might be possible to just bulk import all the save transfers in one shot, but I haven't seen anyone do it that way.

In practice this might not mean going through the whole Interlude dialogue each time though. He could put in an option to skip the Interlude story content, like he did with the 0.1 intro. Otherwise it would get pretty tedious running through it for however many saves/paths you are transferring.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes