vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Please explain to me, guys. I'm not a native English speaker after all.
Is the title of the episode "Vixens" closer in semantc meaning to the word "witches" or the genus of foxes? In the Russian-English dictionary, the first meaning of the word "Vixen" is a synonym for the word "Witch" (close in semantic to the Megaera, one of the Antic godness of vengeance , the Erinyes) and the second meaning is a fox.
What is right?
A vixen is a female fox, and the Erinyes were furies, there's 3 of them and they sprung from the blood of Uranus when he was castrated by his son....

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Please explain to me, guys. I'm not a native English speaker after all.
Is the title of the episode "Vixens" closer in semantc meaning to the word "witches" or the genus of foxes? In the Russian-English dictionary, the first meaning of the word "Vixen" is a synonym for the word "Witch" (close in semantic to the Megaera, one of the Antic godness of vengeance , the Erinyes) and the second meaning is a fox.
What is right?
Ok. According to my Google dictionary, the first meaning is of a female fox. The second meaning is: a spirited or fierce woman, especially one seen as sexually attractive. I suspect the title refers to the second meaning.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Basically a woman that's sexually aggressive and hot. I think they tend to be a bit older too. A cougar type is much more likely to be referred to as a vixen than a college aged student would be.
I don't think a fox is the same as a cougar.... a foxy lady can be any age, ask Jimmy Hendrix! ;)

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Finally tried this out after seeing the reviews and number of thread views. Very disappointed.... no idea how a text heavy "game" get so much praise but other games where you actually have to interact score lower.

In any case to each their own but if anyone comes across my post and is wondering about the hype - its a wall of text game.
You know, by the same token, FFXIV is a text-based online adventure game.

It's called a story mate.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Ok. According to my Google dictionary, the first meaning is of a female fox. The second meaning is: a spirited or fierce woman, especially one seen as sexually attractive. I suspect the title refers to the second meaning.
Hmm, it's quite difficult to find a synonym for this word in Russian. Usually we call girls with such a description in ordinary life the word libertine, harlot and everything in a more negative connotation.

Reactions: Walter Victor

PinkmeX

May 14, 2020
Hmm, it's quite difficult to find a synonym for this word in Russian. Usually we call girls with such a description in ordinary life the word libertine, harlot and everything in a more negative connotation.
Vixen as used in slang, and what DPC is probably referring to here is not necessarily negative at all. Just sexy and flirtatious, basically if you want an example from the game, I'd say Sage fits the definition the best.

Reactions: OFT and vogelbeest

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Vixen as used in slang, and what DPC is probably referring to here is not necessarily negative at all. Just sexy and flirtatious, basically if you want an example from the game, I'd say Sage fits the definition the best.
I'll contest that, if anything, with that temperament and personality, Sage is a straight up tiger.

• Haha
Reactions: LizaS

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I just hope Zoey is not intended as the key to the entire story girl. Similar to how DPC has a waifu in AL (Meghan) whom he wants you forces you to care about as much as he does, I worry that Zoey will be the Meghan of BaDIK. If I can tell Zoey to jog on after a few obligatory scenes or at least friendzone her, then I will consider it a victory. If she becomes like a tag-along little sibling that you can never be rid of because parents (DPC) command it, then season 3 might be a real grind. Forced relationships (especially for the sake of drama) are the bane of choice-based AVNs.

With any luck, Neil and Zoey will find love together and everyone is happy. Neil finally gets laid after 20 years. Zoey finds resolution to her daddy issues, and MC is freeeee

:oops: Perhaps she will attend WVM instead of B&R. These duck lips will be in good company there. Buck-toothed and duck lips is an unsettling combo DPC.
But this is no match for my two favourite DUURRrrrrrrrrrr faces from Interlude. My fishface avatar gives this masterpiece two fins up!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maybe DPC should have given Zoey a hook, like a coat rack, someplace where she could have left the MC until she needed him. Like hanging your coat up until summer's over and it's usefull to you again.

• Haha
Reactions: Cricco

indusguy79

Dec 23, 2021
Here is my unofficial android port of Being a DIK

Thank you for this port. I saved the files at the end of S2 ( special save files) but it doesn't show up in S3 gives me only steam and patreon/GOG options. What am I missing? Attaching screenshot of S2 end saves and S3 import. Please advice.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Hey, after i swapped your persistent file with mine, now everything is working.
Works like a charm innit ?! :LOL:
---
Vixen = a horny little bitch ( regarding the human race ) regardless of age... although as some of you already mentioned the more mature are often referred as cougar ! :p:KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: FlyinginTime

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
lmao but what do you mean by that like +DIK im dom -DIK im sub
There are some mild dom/sub elements in the game but your affinity doesn't effect them. The dik, chick is more of how you want to play the game. If you want lots of mindless sex with strippers and sorority girls go DIK if you want to go after the "nice" girls be nice yourself and go chick. You can't be with Josey & Maya unless you are neutral or a chick and haven't messed around with Jade and you can't be with Jill unless you are a chick. It also effects how crass you are during conversations and some of the choices you can make. Either way you will have to do both routes if you want to see everything. There is some wiggle room in-between but it's really one or the other.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
There are some mild dom/sub elements in the game but your affinity doesn't effect them. The dik, chick is more of how you want to play the game. If you want lots of mindless sex with strippers and sorority girls go DIK if you want to go after the "nice" girls be nice yourself and go chick. You can't be with Josey & Maya unless you are neutral or a chick and haven't messed around with Jade and you can't be with Jill unless you are a chick. It also effects how crass you are during conversations and some of the choices you can make. Either way you will have to do both routes if you want to see everything. There is some wiggle room in-between but it's really one or the other.
For Jill, neutral also works.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Oh, I wasn't aware of that. It looks like I have another save to set up.
One warning about neutral affinity and Josy/Maya or Jill: you cannot max out their affection points and sometime down the line that may come to be important. The same holds true for the other main love interests too.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Maybe DPC should have given Zoey a hook, like a coat rack, someplace where she could have left the MC until she needed him. Like hanging your coat up until summer's over and it's usefull to you again.
I know this behaviour seems odd and very selfish on Zoey's part... Because it is...

I'm just having trouble why are people finding it so hard to believe. Men or women, lots of people do these things to their friends, whether it be sexual, emotional or otherwise. This happens a lot in real life, so I find this scenario very believable and grounded storytelling.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes