Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
DPC may have the resources, but he definitely doesn't have the inclination to recruit a team.

He's managed to do something that many people would kill for. He's turned his hobby into full time employment. Why would you start to outsource your hobby? Where's the fun in that?

It's like playing this game. I've played the shit out of it, but I could have advanced faster through the game if I got other people to play different paths in parallel and then just pass me their save games at the end. Now why the fuck would I want to do that, it defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place (on that note, why the fuck are there so many people on this board asking for others' save games!?)

So if creating this game is something DPC enjoys, why would he hand portions over to other people to do instead of himself? It doesn't make any sense to me, and it doesn't make any sense to him.

The only issue is people are just hung up on having to wait so long between episodes. But the wait is more than justified if you compare quality and quantity over the time it takes to develop. I don't think any other game here can hold a candle up against those statistics.

Comparing DPC to these other one-man-bands is probably highly inaccurate. He is very regimented and diligent in his development work. He provides a decent level of transparency, and he has a proven track record. Plus the hours he puts into the development is far from normal. He's obsessed with creating this game. He's not your typical fly-by-nighter churning out a piece of shit hoping to garner a few Patreon subscribers.

DPC has made a fantastic game in BaDIK. The level of enjoyment I personally get from playing it and replaying it phenomenal. I wouldn't want to do anything that may jeopardise his drive to create the future episodes, so I sure as fuck would not advocate for him to bring more people into the mix.
You mentioned a few answers in your post about the value of recruiting:
  • Offer a better quality game;
  • increase the frequency of the release;
  • thus, gain more contributors on Patreon;
  • finally free up more time for himself, for his family, or to devote to the task he enjoys the most.
Many popular game on this forum have taken this step. I'm not saying teamworking is effortless or risk-free, but the challenge is achievable. There are even projects that have survived thanks to this move.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
DPC may have the resources, but he definitely doesn't have the inclination to recruit a team.

He's managed to do something that many people would kill for. He's turned his hobby into full time employment. Why would you start to outsource your hobby? Where's the fun in that?

It's like playing this game. I've played the shit out of it, but I could have advanced faster through the game if I got other people to play different paths in parallel and then just pass me their save games at the end. Now why the fuck would I want to do that, it defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place (on that note, why the fuck are there so many people on this board asking for others' save games!?)

So if creating this game is something DPC enjoys, why would he hand portions over to other people to do instead of himself? It doesn't make any sense to me, and it doesn't make any sense to him.

The only issue is people are just hung up on having to wait so long between episodes. But the wait is more than justified if you compare quality and quantity over the time it takes to develop. I don't think any other game here can hold a candle up against those statistics.

Comparing DPC to these other one-man-bands is probably highly inaccurate. He is very regimented and diligent in his development work. He provides a decent level of transparency, and he has a proven track record. Plus the hours he puts into the development is far from normal. He's obsessed with creating this game. He's not your typical fly-by-nighter churning out a piece of shit hoping to garner a few Patreon subscribers.

DPC has made a fantastic game in BaDIK. The level of enjoyment I personally get from playing it and replaying it phenomenal. I wouldn't want to do anything that may jeopardise his drive to create the future episodes, so I sure as fuck would not advocate for him to bring more people into the mix.
I agree and at this point it doesn't even make sense for DPC to bring in a team to help. He already puts out a high level of content yeah development might take awhile for some but adding a team would not speed things up it would only slow things down. No one knows BADIK like DPC does and even the best of team members could not understand the story DPC wants to tell even if they might come up with a better idea for something in the game. DPC renders are some of the best I've seen on here he has a style that is hard to match adding more people would mean having to teach them the pink cake style which would take time even if they are already pretty darn good. Honestly watching DPC development is enjoyable because you can see him get better and usually that leads to learning how to get things done faster which we have seen to be true. As they say if it isn't broke don't fit it.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Let's see if I can help clear this up...

I went to university/college in the US (undergrad in the 90s and grad school in the 2010s). During grad school I was also an adjunct professor hired to teach one course, as my professional experience made me better qualified than anyone else on staff, or so they told me. From those experiences and the experiences of many friends who went to college in the US, I can verify that some schools are very difficult to get into (either they have strict academic standards or they limit their numbers for other reasons, such as wanting to maintain a small teacher-to-student ratio) while others are exceedingly easy to get into (schools with "open admissions" policies require only that students have completed high school or the equivalent). And, of course, there are many schools with admission policies somewhere in between these extremes.

Some universities are still on a quarterly system (fall, winter, spring, and summer), but to help cut administrative costs, most schools are now on a semester system (fall, spring, and summer). B&R appears to be on a semester system. Typically, most students begin their college careers in the fall (late August or September), as they graduated high school the previous spring/summer (May or June). Students can also begin in the spring or even the summer, but this is atypical.

Students who show up a bit late or for whatever reason are unavailable on day one (like Josy and Lily) can generally enroll for classes up to two or three weeks after the semester starts. A student would not be allowed to start classes much later than that, for several obvious reasons. We know that in episode 8, MC et al are taking midterm exams, so that means that approximately 7 or 8 weeks have passed (typical US university semester is 15 weeks). This would be too late for any new students to enroll. They would have to wait until the next semester, which at B&R for our purposes would be the spring semester.

The fall semester will end in mid December or so, then students will be off for the year-end holidays (many campuses even close the dorms, requiring students to leave campus). The spring semester then kicks off in early to mid January.

Schools do offer courses during a condensed summer semester, which usually runs June to August, but most US students do not take summer courses. US universities schedule courses in a way that most students will not need summer courses to complete their studies. Instead, most students spend their summers working jobs, doing internships, or (if they're wealthy and priveleged enough) traveling and otherwise relaxing.
So, technically speaking, since B&R is a very fictional US University, Zoey might enroll in January, doesn't it?

Well, MC might see Zoey only during weekends or wait until Xmas.

Anyway, it took 8 episodes to arrive at the beginning of October, so... well, they can figure it out themselves.

Jan 16, 2020
admit it, you bang lily on your every playthrough

both need to like you to get in either's panties. but if you pick jill, you have a conversation where you gently put bella down and if you pick bella, jill catches you banging bella and runs off shocked. so... you can't have them both
You gently put her down? Gently? GENTLY?
I don't know if you can tell but she got emotionally nuked and there's nothing gentle about that. Also, MC is a bitch for having the breakup conversation through the phone :LOL:.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey if you put down Bella like this you deserve to have her take out the hatchet from her BDSM sex dungeon and gently bury it into your skull.
Much rather watch Jill getting cucked and put on her angry raccoon face than ever betray the Ice Queen

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Backgrounds are just a disaster and a problem for all independent developers. Almost everyone uses ordinary photos for backgrounds and therefore there is a discrepancy between the environment and the model of the characters, as for example here
ep3_derek_confront2b.jpg

And now let's look at the backgrounds in the Interlude

epi_after7.jpg

It's just a small detail showing Pink's progress as an artist. He stopped just taking stock photos and using them as backgrounds, as it was in the first season, and began to make an environment in a Blender from scratch.

But there's something left that Pink still hasn't fixed.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Backgrounds are just a disaster and a problem for all independent developers. Almost everyone uses ordinary photos for backgrounds and therefore there is a discrepancy between the environment and the model of the characters, as for example here
View attachment 1772735

And now let's look at the backgrounds in the Interlude

View attachment 1772741

It's just a small detail showing Pink's progress as an artist. He stopped just taking stock photos and using them as backgrounds, as it was in the first season, and began to make an environment in a Blender from scratch.

I don't why but i can't see any backgrounds
1795609_ep3_derek_confront2b (2).jpg
(Look how my princess is beautifull and hot even when she is worried:love:)

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
You mentioned a few answers in your post about the value of recruiting:
  • Offer a better quality game;
  • increase the frequency of the release;
  • thus, gain more contributors on Patreon;
  • finally free up more time for himself, for his family, or to devote to the task he enjoys the most.
Many popular game on this forum have taken this step. I'm not saying teamworking is effortless or risk-free, but the challenge is achievable. There are even projects that have survived thanks to this move.
The problem i have with this forced mentality, because of personal impatient. Yes, it might be achievable what you say, but it's not Risk free right? You admit yourself. and thats alone enough to not risk it, because if it's not work, he end up in a worst position.
The blame is on him no matter what, so why he should rely on other people's. Instead of developing the game in his own pace, he would spend time overseeing the other peoples, to do the things the way he want them to do, and even then its not gonna be they way he would done it.

Cristiano ronaldo can be the greatest player all time, but if the other 10 is not on his level, than the team is weak. Tiger woods don't need to rely on anybody.

by doing the things the way DPC doing, he does not have to rely on anybody , the failure and the success are both his. But it is his failure if he has a team too, however the succes would be considered " Team effort " .
Yeah I would not need this either. and the truth is it has way more chance that the game would suffer, if DPC hired a team. The risk is to big to take it , it is obvious so its not gonna happen.
and no matter how many times people try to force this idea it's not worth it. If it would he would already done it.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
The problem i have with this forced mentality, because of personal impatient. Yes, it might be achievable what you say, but it's not Risk free right? You admit yourself. and thats alone enough to not risk it, because if it's not work, he end up in a worst position.
The blame is on him no matter what, so why he should rely on other people's. Instead of developing the game in his own pace, he would spend time overseeing the other peoples, to do the things the way he want them to do, and even then its not gonna be they way he would done it.

Cristiano ronaldo can be the greatest player all time, but if the other 10 is not on his level, than the team is weak. Tiger woods don't need to rely on anybody.

by doing the things the way DPC doing, he does not have to rely on anybody , the failure and the success are both his. But it is his failure if he has a team too, however the succes would be considered " Team effort " .
Yeah I would not need this either. and the truth is it has way more chance that the game would suffer, if DPC hired a team. The risk is to big to take it , it is obvious so its not gonna happen.
and no matter how many times people try to force this idea it's not worth it. If it would he would already done it.
Not entirely true.
DPC is a control freak. He is clearly not a perfectionist. One only needs to breeze through BaDIK or AL without paying too much attention to see shit tons of mistakes and clear breaks of logic in his writing. He HIMSELF has said writing is his weakest link. He clearly should come up with the over arching ideas, and then let better writers write, and let the proof reading and editing team actually do what they need to do, instead of tread around his huge ego.

Peace.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Not entirely true.
DPC is a control freak. He is clearly not a perfectionist. One only needs to breeze through BaDIK or AL without paying too much attention to see shit tons of mistakes and clear breaks of logic in his writing. He HIMSELF has said writing is his weakest link. He clearly should come up with the over arching ideas, and then let better writers write, and let the proof reading and editing team actually do what they need to do, instead of tread around his huge ego.

Peace.
I love how ever since he said, that he considering writing as his weakest talent, everyone one of you DPC hater always use this as some kind of self validation, like : " Haha I told you so, See, he is a shit writer, he said it himself, I was right, haha shit writer , everything he write is shit, he should hire other to write for him, because he can write to save his life. I was Right haha
"
:ROFLMAO: Did I miss anything ? :ROFLMAO:

meanwhile in other games : " You just a cheap 20 dollar whore who look like Monica buckfett so shut up and suck my dick ":ROFLMAO: - But somehow, these masterpiece writing style:ROFLMAO: never encourage people to say, may be the creator should just stick to the render making , and let others do the writing for him,I wonder why:unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I love how ever since he said, that he considering writing as his weakest talent, everyone one of you DPC hater always use this as some kind of self validation, like : " Haha I told you so, See, he is a shit writer, he said it himself, I was right, haha shit writer , everything he write is shit, he should hire other to write for him, because he can write to save his life. I was Right haha
"
:ROFLMAO: Did I miss anything ? :ROFLMAO:

meanwhile in other games : " You just a cheap 20 dollar whore who look like Monica buckfett so shut up and suck my dick ":ROFLMAO: - But somehow, these masterpiece writing style:ROFLMAO: never encourage people to say, may be the creator should just stick to the render making , and let others do the writing for him,I wonder why:unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Oh, you would never find me calling those a masterpiece.
I call shit, shit.... I call excellent writing, excellent writing.
DPC is not excellent writing.
And I don't hate him.
He is arrogant.
He is a control freak.
He is a hugely talented artist.
He is a mediocre or worse writer.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ChipLecsap

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
:KEK:
01.png

Come on DPC with a team of 300 workers can fix that face in 4 years of development :(

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You can't enroll in a University after the academic year has started. And you MUST submit a few months before the academic year starts.
Different universities in different countries have different admission rules.

Whatever actual university policies might be, B&R allows 'rejects' to enter if there are 'no shows' or 'quitters'. We are told that Quinn and Riona were both 'rejects' and we see (in Episode 3) Lily and Caleb being led in by Cathy during the 'March of the Rejects'. That is also how Josy gets in.

So, it would seem to me that all we need is for a student to leave during the semester for there to be an opening for Zoey. Let's see now, has anyone left? Like maybe Mona? Or perhaps even a student who is pregnant? Has anyone gotten pregnant? Hmm...

always86

Mar 19, 2020

This week I wrote dialogue, planned more of what I needed to write, and coded almost every day.

I got into a good flow and managed to create a lot of content for the episode.

I wrote entire scenes and the shell of other scenes that I will continue working on.

Looking only at the amount of code written so far (scenes, free roam, branches, etc.) and comparing it to Episode 8, the longest episode in the game, I'm at 54% completion of dialogue if I was aiming to match episode 8 size.

We'll see where we end up in terms of size.

Next week will be a mix of posing animations and writing. I feel I want to continue writing before I work on static renders to be sure of how much I'm putting in the episode.

All PCs are rendering at full speed throughout all of this. 70 animations are completed so far.

You can look forward to a fresh preview next week.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Didn't get round to posting this on Friday.

Since we got a new animation update I have updated my chart.

1650746130666.png

Animations have averaged 10 a week since the last update, however only 8.75 since Week 1. Episode 8 had (an estimated) 104 completed and an average of 13 at the same time in production.

The last update on stills was week 5 and there were an average of 160 compared to episode 8 which only had an average 60 at the same point.

If the average of animations continues to be about 10 as the last few weeks, then he won't reach the episode 7 total of 250 until August 28th pushing the release into late September.

In my last update I predicted an August release. I'm still hopeful for that, as the early numbers can be a bit a bit misleading, but honestly, i'd say from a visuals production side he is behind schedule, and looking more and more likly there will only be 1 proper chapter this year. (Though that does open the door for 3 next year)

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Oh, you would never find me calling those a masterpiece.
I call shit, shit.... I call excellent writing, excellent writing.
DPC is not excellent writing.
And I don't hate him.
He is arrogant.
He is a control freak.
He is a hugely talented artist.
He is a mediocre or worse writer.
When people say something like that, they don't even have an idea what is a good or bad letter. The story of DPC is simple, but it works as it should. And that's the main thing. Excessive attention to detail would complicate and confuse the narrative (which is what many games on this site do). All that people consider bad writing is gameplay assumptions without which some elements of the game would not work. Of course, I have complaints about the narrative of DPC, but it is not so terrible (at least by the standards of games on this site) as you think.

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Not entirely true.

Peace.
Has he ever said that beside that one time when he was discussing exposition in erotic scenes, because if not, you are just taking him out of context to enforce your bias?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes