Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
View attachment 1824875
Gotta put that axe to good use!
A lot of people have forgotten about that little line from Bella. It's easy to be lulled into a false sense of security with her, now that full sex has happened and girlfriend status achieved. I wonder how long DPc will allow the good feelings to last before he pulls the rug out from underneath? Could be soon with Jill conflict or the return of James. Or perhaps he waits...and lets things simmer for a while and then crushes hearts. :eek:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
A lot of people have forgotten about that little line from Bella. It's easy to be lulled into a false sense of security with her, now that full sex has happened and girlfriend status achieved. I wonder how long DPc will allow the good feelings to last before he pulls the rug out from underneath? Could be soon with Jill conflict or the return of James. Or perhaps he waits...and lets things simmer for a while and then crushes hearts. :eek:
Bella is Lynette? MС fucked his own mother without knowing about it? Is BAD is a modern interpretation of Sophocles' tragedy Oedipus Rex? Maybe Bella knew about it, but let lust take over?:eek::eek:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Bella is Lynette? MС fucked his own mother without knowing about it? Is BAD is a modern interpretation of Sophocles' tragedy Oedipus Rex? Maybe Bella knew about it, but let lust take over?:eek::eek:
Yep and people think F95ers are the pervs. Well, I guess we are, :giggle: but the ancient greeks were getting down will all kinds of naughtiness and bizarre fetishes in their stories. Some things never change. Hell, Pasiphaë even fucked a bull.

Reactions: Redd23

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
A lot of people have forgotten about that little line from Bella. It's easy to be lulled into a false sense of security with her, now that full sex has happened and girlfriend status achieved.
That's not going to happen. It's been half the game and nothing terrible has happened. I'm not even sure if Quinn will have a bad ending, maybe everything will end well for her.
Gotta put that axe to good use!
Kidding aside, it's just bizarre to me that Tremolo drops this bomb to us like a teaser or something in the very early episodes. When did this happen... like episode 3? Then never mentioned again. It feels like DPC wanted us to forgot about this just so that when the 'twist' happen, we would look back to this and say; "How the heck did I miss this?".
Also the uncertainty of what's behind her door is not helping. A lot of secrets are yet still to be known about her.

I don't know if anyone have ever said this or feels like the same way I do, from all the MGs path, she only feels like the one I know very little. I can't elaborate on this feeling further as to why I feel this way. I just can't put my finger on it.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

Has there been any other 4th wall breaking moment like that, excluding the episode ending monologue montages, since I don't consider those being anything similar? Do you think DPC jumped the gun and its not backpaddling and it will probably never get mentioned again? :unsure:

I'm thorn between wanting a great twist and wanting my happy ending, so I guess I'll be ok with whichever direction.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Kidding aside, it's just bizarre to me that Tremolo drops this bomb to us like a teaser or something in the very early episodes. When did this happen... like episode 3? Then never mentioned again. It feels like DPC wanted us to forgot about this just so that when the 'twist' happen, we would look back to this and say; "How the heck did I miss this?".
Also the uncertainty of what's behind her door is not helping. A lot of secrets are yet still to be known about her.

I don't know if anyone have ever said this or feels like the same way I do, from all the MGs path, she only feels like the one I know very little. I can't elaborate on this feeling further as to why I feel this way. I just can't put my finger on it.
DPC "hides" the elephant in the room, even well beyond an acceptable time, and uncovers the cards only when the big twist is expected that by now no one expects...

not to repeat myself, I know I do it a lot, I'm old, but Bella and Mc discussing the problems their relationship will have to overcome do not even mention the fact that Bella is married ... because for DPC it is not the time to talk about it, even though anyone would have talked about it

Has there been any other 4th wall breaking moment like that, excluding the episode ending monologue montages, since I don't consider those being anything similar? Do you think DPC jumped the gun and its not backpaddling and it will probably never get mentioned again? :unsure:

I'm thorn between wanting a great twist and wanting my happy ending, so I guess I'll be ok with whichever direction.
That is the first time of such a vague prophecy

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

I don't know about fourth wall breaking, but we are occasionally let inside Bella's mind such as with her breakdown in bed with MC at the DIK house. I think it was an unintentional mistake for DPC to include the future MC monologue about Bella's mental state. I wish he would have just left us to come to our own conclusions. I think he realised too late that he introduced a jarring break in narration. Future MC appears at the beginning of game and with that Bella scene and then promptly fucks off. :unsure:

Taz423

Mar 27, 2021
Hey guys. I'm pretty sure you can't help with the problem I have, but I want to share it anyways. So I could play the game until MC trips in Episode 1, but after that the game crashes every time I try to proceed. When I try to find the problem Windows directed me to Visual Studio, which said I'm missing a file called ig4icd64.pdb. After 2 hours of trying to find a solution with my friend we think thatmy PC cant run it. But I cant accept that solution because the game ran fine up to that point in Episode 1. Do you guys have any ideas? Any help would be most welcome!

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I don't know about fourth wall breaking, but we are occasionally let inside Bella's mind such as with her breakdown in bed with MC at the DIK house. I think it was an unintentional mistake for DPC to include the future MC monologue about Bella's mental state. I wish he would have just left us to come to our own conclusions. I think he realised too late that he introduced a jarring break in narration. Future MC appears at the beginning of game and with that Bella scene and then promptly fucks off. :unsure:
Bella is very strange. She takes off the ring when she goes on a date with Tremolo and fucks, but she put it on the morning after sex. She says it's a habit, but she's obviously lying.
Jade never took off her rings during meetings with Tremolo and it's understandable why. She hates and despises her husband, for her sex with Tremolo is an attempt to amuse her ego and humiliate her husband in her eyes.
But not for Bella. For her, loyalty to James is very important. I even think she's pretty religious. She calls herself an adulteress and probably keeps her husband's things in that locked room. She was proud of her loyalty, but everything broke down when MС came into her life. Therefore, for me, the only explanation why she did not take off the ring was that she began to enjoy her depravity and betrayal to her husband, like Jade. Yes, she fucked him this morning with a ring on her finger.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Bella is very strange. She takes off the ring when she goes on a date with Tremolo and fucks, but she put it on the morning after sex. She says it's a habit, but she's obviously lying.
Jade never took off her rings during meetings with Tremolo and it's understandable why. She hates and despises her husband, for her sex with Tremolo is an attempt to amuse her ego and humiliate her husband in her eyes.
But not for Bella. For her, loyalty to James is very important. I even think she's pretty religious. She calls herself an adulteress and probably keeps her husband's things in that locked room. She was proud of her loyalty, but everything broke down when MС came into her life. Therefore, for me, the only explanation why she did not take off the ring was that she began to enjoy her depravity and betrayal to her husband, like Jade. Yes, she fucked him this morning with a ring on her finger.
I never thought about the religious aspect but you're right, adultery is more of religous word for someone to use instead of just cheating. Damn, now I want to see Bella in a slutty nun outfit for Halloween. I'm hopeless. BaDIK thoughts always revert back to slutty Halloween. Maybe after ep. 9 Halloween desires will finally be purged from my system.

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018

While it's interesting viewpoint I'm leaning more toward Bella's mental problems and her seeing James next to her to be exact. As there was a theory that library scene from Bella's past was actually just Bella talking with her imagination (and James is long gone and this point), it does connect with some other points in the story. The scene with MC and Bella in a library and "call for help" is one thing, closed closet is another (maybe in Bella's mind James is phisically present there), and also during the date at Luigi's when Bella goes to the toilet she says to the mirror:
1653239302613.png

Which obviously is adressed at James, but maybe it's on deeper level, not meaning that James is not present in her life anymore, but that he's not at her side at the moment (could be because of Bella's choice to remove the ring, James stopped appearing next to Bella).
That would mean Bella's fully aware of her mental state and she knows that James is not real (contrary to the flashback library scene), and it would also explain her reluctance regarding removing the ring - she's still torn between her old life and moving forward, and removing the ring could be a symbolic gesture of accepting that James is only a creation of her imagination and letting him go.

Ofc in reality it'll probably end with only a mild drama titled "I can't get over my long gone husband, but with power of your dick I'll overcome my trauma", but since we'll get to this point in a few years there's still time for some crazy theories :D

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
in my opinion she only puts it back on to avoid questions, in college they know she is married, seeing her without a ring would generate questions she doesn't want to answer

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
in my opinion she only puts it back on to avoid questions, in college they know she is married, seeing her without a ring would generate questions she doesn't want to answer
She says it's mostly because of habit, not just because there might be rumors in college. This is a rather strange explanation because she never forgot to take off the ring when she went to Tremolo or when she was playing with it at her house, and put it on in the morning after sex.
Moreover, Pink drew attention to this ring from a large angle. Probably after she fucked with Tremolo at her house, her husband and marriage ceased to be so important to her.

I can assume that MС is so reminiscent of her James that she decided to wear a ring just to recreate a picture from past happy days.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I believe the level of [non-]NTR in this game is exactly the same as it was in Acting Lessons. Did we ever see one of the LI's or fringe girls actually doing anything of a sexual nature with Liam or anyone else? If you or anyone else remembers something, please correct me. Assuming for the moment that I am right, I propose that this kind of game (without any NTR) is exactly what DrPinkCake wants to write. I mean, two straight games like that tends to indicate a trend.

Of course Acting Lessons was degrees of magnitude darker than this game. I agree with you that AL was based on personal experience - a game he had to get off his chest. I believe he has stated as much, although I don't intend to search back through his posts to find where he said it.

So, since I also believe he's had most of the basic plot mapped out since before he started writing, I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on a few things. No bigie. I respect your opinions even if I disagree with a couple of them.

Personally, I don't mind what happens to 'make things more real'. I've played games with cheating and sharing, so it's not a big deal to me, since I know in advance what I'm getting into. Of course in BADIK, if my MC's chosen LI's cheats on him in a path, and I can do nothing to stop it, I'm gone. I don't see that ever happening, though, in this game.
It's been about two years since I played AL (and have no interest in playing it again), but as I recall I don't think it sugar coated things quite to the level BaDIK does. We're explicitly told Anna cheated on the MC, even if we don't see the dirty deed; that was what broke them up and caused the MC's funk at the start of the game. I also think Rena had some problems with her ex (Megan's former jerk of a boss). I don't think it went into much detail, but it also didn't reassure us they never went beyond holding hands. I never tried pursuing Melissa or Leah, so I don't know if they had any noteworthy encounters the MC learned about (beyond Leah being a serial killer, obviously) .

Now that I think about it, though, there is the early scene with Angela and Hedwig. Unless the MC makes a big play to bed them both himself, one of them can spend the night with Liam only for us to later learn that nothing happened between them. This leads into the eventual revelation that Liam is in bad shape, but one could argue it's a similar setup to the way Chad making no move on Sage leads to the revelation that he's gay. I think the difference, however, is that in AL we're explicitly told that Angela/Hedwig are new, casual hookups whereas Sage/Chad were an official couple for at least several months. Liam's failure to 'consummate' the date is just an odd, embarrassing detail that doesn't really change how we view the girl. Sage slogging through a sexless (possibly affectionless) romance is a very different matter that becomes difficult to reconcile with her typical behavior.

Of course, it's hard to make a proper comparison because AL was a very different game than BaDIK (I hope!!). It was deliberately structured as a dark drama with moments of levity whereas most of the time BaDIK is about having fun. I don't think it's unreasonable of DPC to take a more mainstream tack when fun is the objective. The issue of shying away from NTR is a small part of the game and where to draw the line in a given situation is ultimately a judgement call. But IMHO it's noteworthy that the 'purity' of the girls we can bang is never challenged (to the point it's almost a running gag) while girls like Arieth are presented as not even worth considering by the MC.

Maybe Season 3 will let us start something with girls that do have a clear history (like Elena or 'Carolyn'), which would certainly change the dynamic. Until then, while I don't think it's as simple as DPC 'selling out' to the whims of his patreons, I'd say it's worth pondering why he's been *so* thorough in keeping other heterosexual males away from the LIs/side girls .

Continuing on the discussion on DPC avoiding showing, or even hinting of any other relationships, do you think we will never see Maya & Josy kiss after you break up with them? Will all LIs stay asexual for the remaining of the story if you decide to stay faithful to your Crossroads choice?

From what I've seen so far that seems to be a high possibility, so I ask the ones that are vehement against this, tell me you at least see that the story is weaker because of it, I don't care what you prefer, as long as you are honest and agree that the story realism goes down the drain and the world seems more mechanic and less lived-in.
Maya and Josy acting like a couple (rather than part of a throuple) is a bit of a complicated issue because there are in-game reasons why the two of them would avoid PDAs. Most obvious is because they need to keep the relationship a secret, but also because it would be more than a little cruel to make out in front of the MC even if he is comfortable being 'just' a friend (**cough** looking at you Episode 4! **cough**).

That means we're sort of limited to seeing any intimacy in cutscenes, and in general I think it's wise to avoid explicitly showing the sex lives of characters the MC isn't involved in. Exceptions need to have some level of plot relevance, and there hasn't been much opportunity for that for M&J lately because their plotline has been stalled. The only real opportunity I can think of was during their discussion in Josy's room at the start of Episode 8. That was a plot relevant conversation and the MC wasn't present, so it would have made sense for the two to display some affection on screen.

So that's one missed opportunity that did weaken the story a bit, but I'd say M/J are still small potatoes relative to Sage, Bella or even Zoey.

My guess is we'll spend episodes 9 & 10 reintegrating Zoey into the MC's life and setting up the eventual fault lines in his chosen branch. Episodes 11 and 12 (especially 12) will be when the other shoes drop and we get our next big crisis. So 3-4 episodes. :(

We get similar 'omniscient MC' narration at the end of Episode 3 (the bit about doors), and it returns in Episode 8 (both in the montage narration about how people come and go, and his quip about not asking the right question right before he panics over who Sage's parents are). It seems like DPC uses it whenever he wants to foreshadow something dramatic and doesn't sweat its absence the rest of the time.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes