ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I still think it's OK for the mc to get worried when he finds out who Sage's parents are, for all potential paths leading to that point.

He did come on very strong with the "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." reaction at the end of ep 8, but as has been dissected many times now, that reaction has been reduced based on the path that lead the mc to that spot.

The different scenarios:

1) MC rejected Jade from the beginning:

You may believe this is a non issue scenario here. And yes, the mc hasn't done anything to be ashamed of.​
All he's done is reject an extremely forward Jade, who has literally sexually assaulted him twice (once in the cafeteria when she grabs his cock through his clothes, and the other with her foot at the back of the gender studies lecture hall).​
When he turned her down, she threatened him:​
Jade: "You should spend the time left in this class reading and be quiet..."​
Jade: "That way I might not fail you..."​
And that's what he did. The next time they even acknowledge each other is when he finished the class:​
Jade: "Fuckface. Pass. Next."​
All the other students she chats with them, even mulling over whether to fail Derek with the consequences of him repeating, but she can't get rid of the mc fast enough.​
Her actions have made their dynamic extremely awkward, I mean he could press charges for real if he wanted to, so him coming along with the girls to ask for monetary help for Maya, who knows how she would see that, or how he would think she would see that.​
2) MC is fucking Sage and Jade:

We all know why this is awkward, so it doesn't require further discussion.​

3) MC dumped Jade in ep 8:

Jade was really pissed. This scenario requires no further discussion.​

4) MC is still in a relationship with Jade:

The only other scenario is he's never been intimate with Sage, but he's been fucking Jade. Jade really likes the mc, so he's not gonna have any drama with her, but he's gonna be sitting there with her daughter and her husband with the knowledge that he's fucking with their family. I think it's reason to be very uncomfortable.​

So really, given all those potential thoughts going through the mc's mind. I don't find it being far fetched at all that he panics when he finds out.
I just can't agree that Jade holds some sort of grudge if the MC turns her down. Yes, she does say she'll flunk him if he doesn't do the reading, but it's important to note that he did start off their conversation admitting he didn't actually do the reading. I think her comment is more an example of short term anger, lashing out in the moment.

Once she's had a chance to cool down, she shows no particular feelings towards the MC at all. She just shrugs when she sees him sneaking into the preps party, she never complains about his participation in class, and she winds up passing him without any problems. I don't even think she says anything if he cuts class with Sarah (but I've never tried that on a run that didn't sleep with her so I can't be certain).

Meanwhile, at no point did the MC's monologue indicate he was avoiding Jade. Moreover, even if he WAS secretly nervous about how she'd react, it's still not clear why he'd be worried about it here. She's obviously not going to confront him over it in this setting, so at most he'd be worried that she'd take her ire out on Maya. That feels like a real stretch, especially if the MC isn't on the throuple branch.

IMHO, the idea that Sage holds a grudge with an MC who turns her down was only floated after Episode 8's fuckstorm. YMMV, but I think we can still agree the MC overreacted even if he is a little nervous about it.

I have felt the same with some of her criticism (definitely not all though) especially when people focus on her running out of money as the reason for going back instead of what actually happened. Very typical of incel talking points to devalue a woman to be an object that only thinks of materialistic things specifically money. Zoey had decided to spend it on her dream and did on the prompt of to her grandmothers death and wish. She put herself first as we all do when we grow up and actually took charge and went for her dream as not everyone can do. As often happens when you chase your ambition you learn stuff and she learned that her dream wasnt what she thought it was, it was better in her head and now she can refocus.

Shes a really well written and well grounded person, the Interlude gave her so much character which i think all the LIs are missing. And this amount of characterization is actually what is pissing many people off even if they cant articulate it, I think. They want that for their own LI(s) but instead a "new" one got it, seemingly coming out of nowhere, even though she been established in flashbacks already. So instead many people attack the character of Zoey (which is wrong IMO) or DPCs writing and story pacing (which is very fair IMO) instead of what they should maybe?
I have to disagree. The problem with Zoey running out of money has nothing to do with materialism, it's that it undermines the arc the Interlude was (presumably) supposed to be about. While the Interlude doesn't show the passage of time clearly, we know at least 6 months passed between when Zoey confronted Emma and when she returned home. In all that time, she never reached out to the MC. It's all well and good to say she learned not to take home for granted, but what actually happened is that she continued to stay in San Diego with her 3-4 friends until she could no longer afford to remain. The alleged revelation didn't have much effect.

Now sure, it's possible to claim the timing is a coincidence and she just needed a while to sort out her feelings; she'd have spent time weighting tables (or something) before returning home if she'd had a little less money. But there's nothing in the game itself that really suggests that. The far more likely explanation is that Zoey is still in denial about her feelings and is only returning because she has no viable alternative. Which means she's still in the same headspace she was when she left the MC, which in turn means the Interlude was a complete waste of time.

IMHO, that's just bad writing. A much better way to handle it would be to have Zoey choose to leave San Diego before she runs out of money. She doesn't need to have a large sum left or anything, the point isn't the amount. The point is that in this scenario, we see that Zoey really was changed by the revelation. She's able to accept her feelings, face her own shortcomings, and proactively reach for new goals. In other words, we'd see that Zoey has matured after her time in San Diego, just like the MC has matured while at B&R. That would put her in a much better position to serve as a romantic foil. I'm still not keen on that idea, but if we're going to do it we may as well do it right.

Burker is the kind of guy who finishes a souls and keeps playing to help other players with bosses.

My man Burker :cool: (y)
<sigh>
This is your brain on Zoey, kids. Any questions?
;)

I don't agree with that at all.

Mel and Sarah did have something to do with it, and we still don't know what (Mel is Troy's sister is my guess, but only coz they both look gothic). But there was evidence to prove it couldn't be them even while they seemed the obvious suspects (even Sage suspected them), and there was evidence that Chad was gay, and even that he was with Troy. Some people got it before the reveal, and some didn't. That tells me DPC played it really well. He risked putting too much out there totally spoiling it, but still a lot of people were shocked at the reveal.

Same goes with Sage's parents. There are significant clues on Sage being a Burke, but then the (literally) red herring was Geoff at the party. But in hindsight it's kinda obvious Geoff was Arieth's dad. The only other HOT who should have been at the party and wasn't. Once again, some guessed it, and some were duped by the red herrings. Once again, DPC provided clues and misdirection, risking exposing too much but found the happy medium.

If everyone guessed these, then he overplayed the clues. If no one guessed them, then he overplayed the red herrings. But with a good mix of both, what more could you possibly ask for?
Speaking for myself, I want red herrings that make at least as much sense after the reveal as they do before it. With the Chad/Troy twist, we get that. Sarah and Mel's actions were indeed suspicious, but the explanation we finally get still fits and Chad's true 'side-bitch' makes more sense.

With Sage's family, I feel like the red herrings don't make sense. Sure, I buy that Geoff is Arieth's dad not Sage's, but Stephen's actions don't really match what Sage described. Likewise, why wouldn't the DIKs mention the connection if he showed the Jade video and is banging Sage? How the hell does Sage bring the MC to meet her parents and NOT discuss that time he soaked them by turning the sprinklers on during preps' party?
Sage_mansion_escape_stay_dry.jpg

I'm certainly not surprised by the reveal, but I'm definitely frustrated by it. I think it's clear DPC realized people were onto him and added a lot of chaffe to throw us off the scent. Which is fine in theory, but he took it a little too far, *especially* when the payoff wound up being so forced.

StultusAnglicus

Donor
Jan 6, 2019
alright. so my first response would be that you dont necessarily need "entirely separate stories for each of the LI". -snip- not everything has to overlap every time.
Correct, however we still have over arching plots in play that you are given bits of (more in different routes);
-What's the deal with Lynette? What does her rich family have to do with the B&R rich families?
-The admittedly weaker story of Maya's tuition.
-The Cathy Cluck, who did it & why?
-The newly minted story of who is pregnant?
-LI specifics already in play (Bella & that mystery room/What happened to James/Why IS she besties with Jill, Sage & her starting an actual relationship/not fuck buddies or w/e, Maya & Josy still clearly have issues in their relationship too, Jill & Tybalt - I don't think that petty fucker will let that go (her yelling at him and then making out with MC in front of him...).

But as with the entire game til now, when DPC shuts a story he opens about 3 more, honestly I think this is hardly any different to that. (just imo)

some things that DPC makes ALWAYS overlap whether you want to or not.
Yup, like Zoey popping back up? :LOL:

i have suggested he try expanding his workforce. the fact that he refuses to do so does not exempt him from criticism for taking shortcuts with the writing/storytelling on the excuse that "it would take too long to make otherwise". that is his problem, not ours.
This is a tricky one, on the one hand yeah, more staff would make the development time much faster but its also entirely possible that DPC simply doesnt want other people sticking their oar in, whether its in the story telling or game design.
He can indeed potter along slowly making the game at his own pace and you're right, it doesnt exempt him from criticism but that only applies so far. For example has DPC ever specifically said 'I was going to do X but it'd take too long so i'm doing Y instead'? If yes then fair enough, that's a bit shitty! But if not IDK what to tell you, Games industry is an art form too and some artists are VERY pernickety about their work being their way.
As for it being his problem not ours.... If you're paying then the question is why do you pay for a product you're unhappy with? If you dont pay, it's really really not his problem.

as far as walking back the narrative,
-snip- Zoey exists to make the MC (not us, the players) question the decision
-snip- Zoey will nullify that decision and destroy that expectation
-snip- forcing the MC to -snip- (re)make the same decision again
-snip- deliberately stalling the narrative right after seeming to begin narrowing things down is very much walking back the plot,
Will she? If the story indeed pans out being chapters of 'Oh but what about choice B after I chose A' then yeah that would be really shitty. But also she could be a vehicle to help MC realise he is SURE about his choice, not just eating breakfast with my bros 'Oh, thats a thought'. We literally don't know yet?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
With Sage's family, I feel like the red herrings don't make sense. Sure, I buy that Geoff is Arieth's dad not Sage's, but Stephen's actions don't really match what Sage described. Likewise, why wouldn't the DIKs mention the connection if he showed the Jade video and is banging Sage? How the hell does Sage bring the MC to meet her parents and NOT discuss that time he soaked them by turning the sprinklers on during preps' party?
This I agree with for sure.

It seems part of Stephen and Jade's roles is they are also counsellors, we see them working through things with the mc after Chad attacks him.

Sure their marriage is dysfunctional, because Jade looks down on Stephen, and Stephen cheats with younger women, but it definitely doesn't pair up with the image that Sage paints.

Sage: "And what's worse is that I want to be able to discuss emotions with my family."​
Sage: "I wanna be able to say to my dad that I'm sad and have him sit down and listen."​
Sage: "I want to be able to ask mom about personal things that I've always wondered..."​
Sage: "...but I know that dad would shut down if I tried and mom would get angry if I asked..."​

Jade doesn't give off that vibe. She sits down and discusses things with the mc, and she even initiates it. She opens up about Cathy, and gives him advice. Too bad the mc didn't know Jade was Sage's mom at the time, he could have either told Jade that Sage was in need of a hug, or told Sage that he felt her mom was ready to talk...

Even Stephen doesn't give off that vibe. While we hate on him for being a cheating cunt, the scenes where he's trying to connect with Jade and she's just screaming at him (mostly because she's fucking the mc at the time and needs to get rid of Stephen), you can see he is trying, and he's exasperated. Of course he fucking deserves it, but I wonder if Jade must shoulder some of the blame for their marital issues (I think she'd be a cunt of a wife).

I just can't agree that Jade holds some sort of grudge if the MC turns her down. Yes, she does say she'll flunk him if he doesn't do the reading, but it's important to note that he did start off their conversation admitting he didn't actually do the reading. I think her comment is more an example of short term anger, lashing out in the moment.
But it's not about whether Jade actually holds a grudge. We're not seeing Jade's reaction. We're seeing the mc's reaction.
We've been processing the scene for months now, the mc had 10 seconds to process it.

When he reacted at being thrust naked out of the HOTs bathroom and was running through the house naked, his reaction was:

mc: "(FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!)"​

There was a real threat there, obviously freaking out about being naked in front of all the girls in the house, but also that Quinn was threatening to call security. So yeah, he was screaming "FUCK!" in his head. He was panicking big time.

In the case of suddenly discovering who Sage's parents were, his mind was reeling, but it was less of a reaction:

mc "(Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.)"​

Strangely he think it in italics, normally that's reserved for effects. :unsure:

It was a measured, less freaking out "Fuck." as he was thinking things through, in real time.

It wasn't like a "FUCK! I'M GONNA DIE!" kinda response, more of a "Fuck, I hope that bullshit with Jade doesn't impact Maya's chances".

DPC could have tempered his reaction at the end of episode 8, so the lesser dramatic path was a "Shit...", and builds it's way up to a "FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!" if he's fucking both women.

But he didn't do that, and only 3 months later did hive give weighting to the different potential states of mind the mc was in.

But to me it's not a big deal. I thought it was a cool ending.

If I was meeting my girlfriend's (or just good friend who was a girl) parents for the first time and found out just before facing them that the mom was a teacher who had sexually assaulted me (let's just go with "groped", but technically it's an assault) a few times until I pushed her away, I would be really, really uncomfortable.

And considering my brain is thinking, "FUCK YOU YOU STUPID CUNT, I HOPE YOU DIE SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY!" when some dude takes off too slow from the lights. I don't think a "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." reaction is too big a deal here.

But I think I've said all I can possible say on this matter. It's a very subjective one, since we'd all act differently in all of these situations. I'm sure some people's minds went straight to, "Threesome!" :sneaky:

Hey, can someome help me?
i'm talking to Rusty about buying new windows (Episode 8), and from nowhere the game closes. I can't go on
happened to anyone?
View attachment 1863687
Your old save games would have been from a modded version of the game. The easiest way is to install the new walkthrough mod to bypass the cheat detection in the new version.

Other ways are to start the game again, or just edit your own game to remove the cheat detection logic.

Last edited:

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Will she? If the story indeed pans out being chapters of 'Oh but what about choice B after I chose A' then yeah that would be really shitty. But also she could be a vehicle to help MC realise he is SURE about his choice, not just eating breakfast with my bros 'Oh, thats a thought'. We literally don't know yet?
the whole point of the final chunk of the last episode was MC's existential crisis leading to the breakfast conversation and in turn leading to his ultimate decision and the epilogue of that decision. MC was sure about his choice, that was the whole point. and having played the Interlude, Zoey literally comes back to be with MC cause she thinks he is "the one". she isnt coming back to just be friends with him lol, her entire purpose to to disrupt whatever is goin on in MC's life.

This is a tricky one, on the one hand yeah, more staff would make the development time much faster but its also entirely possible that DPC simply doesnt want other people sticking their oar in, whether its in the story telling or game design.
He can indeed potter along slowly making the game at his own pace and you're right, it doesnt exempt him from criticism but that only applies so far. For example has DPC ever specifically said 'I was going to do X but it'd take too long so i'm doing Y instead'? If yes then fair enough, that's a bit shitty! But if not IDK what to tell you, Games industry is an art form too and some artists are VERY pernickety about their work being their way.
As for it being his problem not ours.... If you're paying then the question is why do you pay for a product you're unhappy with? If you dont pay, it's really really not his problem.
how is it not his problem? he literally does everything on the game by himself, he has sole responsibility over it. we (the consumers) are not responsible, we have no real say on the dev process or what he does narratively. if he writes less than stellar plotlines because the alternative would "take too long" or "be too hard" then its entirely his problem. if he cant make the branching paths well enough to be "worth it" in the end, or eliminate the "illusion of choice" by making real and varying consequences for our "choices" then he deserves the criticism and it falls entirely on his shoulders. now obviously he would never admit those things as the reason his narrative turns out the way it does, but its always his problem because its his game and his story.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
1- Religion has no place here. We are literally the members of a Den of Inequity
2- DPC is responsible for every single facet of his game, by choice. For those who think this is going to go more than a couple more chapters, do you really think he would start resolving some of the relationships here in chapter 8 if there are going to be 20? Exactly. He wouldn't. This particular story will be ending within a few more updates. 10 is my bet for the final, but for sure by 12. He can not keep up this pace. Plus he wants to do other things. So what are you going to do with the soon to hit ending???? Cry? Please, WE ARE REPROBATES. We nut and move on.
3- Look, Pink is not good at some aspects of this. He is brilliant at others. Visually he is hard to beat. Story...... not so much. So why get bent out of shape about the Jade/Stephen/Sage thing???? Just accept it as a stupid way of writing, and go on. It is always going to smell, look, and taste bad. Just gut it up and swallow!

Peace
PS
Quinn is NOT a love interest!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What does emotional support mean. A person who gives another person more confidence just by being there. The person just has to be there and not say anything. The MC even asks Sage what he can do. Sage did not answer that the MC should discuss with him.

What could happen if a penniless and already conspicuous MC knows he is supposed to go to a meeting where the Dean of the College and his wife Jade are present, and then they also know there was a sprinkler attack at the preps party where they both saw the MC. He doesn't go to the meetings. The emotional support for Sage and Maya does not materialize.
the patch is worse than the hole....

so Sage would willingly hide who her parents are from MC because she knows he would have his own reasons for wanting to avoid them? she basically tricks him out of selfishness, not trusting him to consciously let him choose, because she wants his support "at any cost"

come on.. the only one who has a reason why Sage is not clear is DPC

I have to disagree. The problem with Zoey running out of money has nothing to do with materialism, it's that it undermines the arc the Interlude was (presumably) supposed to be about. While the Interlude doesn't show the passage of time clearly, we know at least 6 months passed between when Zoey confronted Emma and when she returned home. In all that time, she never reached out to the MC. It's all well and good to say she learned not to take home for granted, but what actually happened is that she continued to stay in San Diego with her 3-4 friends until she could no longer afford to remain. The alleged revelation didn't have much effect.

Now sure, it's possible to claim the timing is a coincidence and she just needed a while to sort out her feelings; she'd have spent time weighting tables (or something) before returning home if she'd had a little less money. But there's nothing in the game itself that really suggests that. The far more likely explanation is that Zoey is still in denial about her feelings and is only returning because she has no viable alternative. Which means she's still in the same headspace she was when she left the MC, which in turn means the Interlude was a complete waste of time.

IMHO, that's just bad writing. A much better way to handle it would be to have Zoey choose to leave San Diego before she runs out of money. She doesn't need to have a large sum left or anything, the point isn't the amount. The point is that in this scenario, we see that Zoey really was changed by the revelation. She's able to accept her feelings, face her own shortcomings, and proactively reach for new goals. In other words, we'd see that Zoey has matured after her time in San Diego, just like the MC has matured while at B&R. That would put her in a much better position to serve as a romantic foil. I'm still not keen on that idea, but if we're going to do it we may as well do it right.
I don't think it's bad writing, it's a conscious choice by DPC, and it's not the only time he does it.

probably to add realism and prevent actions from appearing overly romanticized, DPC often adds "cynicism" to scenes that would be emotionally stronger without it

if Zoey had returned only for MC it would have been "sweet" so it is first of all realistic, and also lowers the need to reciprocate Zoey's feelings

similarly when MC gives up his room to Josy and Maya so that they can solve their problems, which is a very altruistic choice, DPC feels the need for Maya to emphasize how the girls have already solved every problem and are therefore actually "profiting" from MC's generosity (with all the players who had been deluded about a threesome that didn't happen)

or Sage who at the end of the rebound guy crisis says she is willing to wait for MC and then simply does not wait for him (here the case is slightly different, because Sage has to force her hand to make the sex scene possible)

Last edited:

StultusAnglicus

Donor
Jan 6, 2019
MC was sure about his choice, that was the whole point.
You really think that ridiculously flip-floppy MC wasn't gonna have any more existential crisis' about where he's pitching his tent post? (Even if Zoey never returned). I know you're smarter than that. :)

Zoey -snip- isnt coming back to just be friends with him lol
:LOL: Of course not, she thinks he is her magical true love, these guys are barely adults and have veeery little experience of how real life works. But like I said in my first post on this, it's just gonna be sad for them both, MC has moved on, she is too late; of course he will still have some feelings - they were best friends once. But that doesn't mean MC will have to suddenly weep for some lost love, his choosing his LI might make him able to understand that what he felt for her wasnt the love as he thought. And it will be sad for her to realise she is too late, she will always have that 'what if' in her life now. A bit of tragedy is long overdue on DPC's wheel of misfortune drama, he hasnt played it since the opening with the MC's mother being DOA to the game. *EDIT* I just remembered Jills sister too. still it's been a few chapters:LOL: *EDIT*

how is it not his problem? -snip- his game and his story.
I think this is just a point we will never fully understand each other on :( imo the branches have gone quite nicely, but then I'm biased to my favourite LI as I'm sure we all are!
-Josy/Maya Story, This one isn't really my cup of tea, harem has never really done much for me, It's also the weakest in my opinion... Magic penis turning lesbians straight aside, it all seems a weird competition for MC's D... it does feel the least loved by DPC.
-Sage story line, was all fine to me (although I'll admit her sudden desire to get fucked by Quinn seemed a bit left field, then again she also apparently has a thing for public sex too so maybe she is a little more kinky than we all first thought).
-Jill story... It does exactly what a full chick story line with a very vanilla girl should. Overly dramatic declarations of falling in love after like 2 dates? Shit is straight out of some kind of teen romance novel.
-Bella story, I have lots of questions and story lines left that keep me coming back (Honestly I SERIOUSLY cannot wait to see MC's dad react to his son dating someone twice his age :ROFLMAO:), I also live my life in fear of the day I understand what was meant by "But if i had known the real reasons to her tears, and her persona, I wouldnt have kissed her that night, I would have called out for help."

TLDR for this last bit - Yeh, I guess some LI's get more love than others from DPC.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
You really think that ridiculously flip-floppy MC wasn't gonna have any more existential crisis' about where he's pitching his tent post? (Even if Zoey never returned). I know you're smarter than that.
the last thing I’ll say is that it actually was entirely possible to make a story where MC didn’t flip flop after the Crossroads decision. Zoey coming back guarantees that as an impossibility.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
-Bella story, I have lots of questions and story lines left that keep me coming back (Honestly I SERIOUSLY cannot wait to see MC's dad react to his son dating someone twice his age :ROFLMAO:), I also live my life in fear of the day I understand what was meant by "But if i had known the real reasons to her tears, and her persona, I wouldnt have kissed her that night, I would have called out for help."
Inb4 Neil turns into Eric from Big Brother and starts seducing your chosen LI and you can do nothing about it. :Kappa:

• Sad
Reactions: StultusAnglicus

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I think we're all wrong with the perception of Zoey. I think its main and main reason for existence is that Pink couldn't cope with time management and spent three months fiddling with the digital release of season 2. I think he originally planned a small backstory for her as the backstory of the Brotherhood of Diks in episode 5, but he realized that he would not have time to release two episodes and therefore decided to release the backstory as a separate mini-episode.

Cricco

May 5, 2021
Good news: we get a lot of useful numbers! Bad news: we're still missing some important ones, and the uncertainty remains high. But let's not look gift numbers in the mouth!

DPC has created somewhere in excess of 700 static renders in the last 10 weeks, an average of more than 70 statics per week; overall, he's averaged ~109 statics per week since the Interlude launched. No new word on animations, but he had a total of 95 three weeks ago. We also know he completed at least 9 new ones last week, which is on par with our latest estimate of his overall animation render rate (8.6/week).

We now learn that he has completed 35-45% of the total statics and 40-60% of the total animations (these are obviously estimates, of course). For static renders the calculation is relatively simple: if we arbitrarily assume the current count is 1520, that gives us a target static render total between 3378 and 4343 - call it 3860 statics. For animations it's hazier: we could be anywhere between 104-122 animations (possibly even more), which gives us between 173-305 animations as a target. We'll call that 240, but it's a very variable 240. We can also smoosh the animation and static render percentages together to get an approximate completion percentage of ~45% (37-53%); that's an extremely speculative number since it's not clear the two should be given equal weight, but let's just go with it for now.

Throw all those numbers on are charts, scrape off the cobwebs, and what do we get?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If we go strictly by the static and animation charts, the game would probably release in early October: technically the statics would take until late January, but there's every reason to think the rate will increase substantially when DPC focuses on them. But that's the average case. If we take the optimistic view (3378 statics, 173 animations), DPC could finish the animations by late July and the statics around mid August; that's probably a late August release in practice (since there'd be less time to pick up the slack in static renders), but still a fairly rosy scenario. If we take the pessimistic view (4343 static, 305 animations), we're now looking at early November to complete the animations (and somewhere between that and February to complete the statics). That probably works out to a late November release.

So overall I'd say these numbers generally confirm what we've already been thinking: the release window is somewhere between mid-August and the start of December. Personally, I feel slightly more optimistic this week since it does sound like DPC is still on course for a smaller animation count than Episode 8. That suggests that he's been at least somewhat successful in preventing Episode 9 from snowballing out of control which is the biggest risk to the timetable (both now and going forward). So I'd say the main takeaway is that we're making good progress and DPC does seem to have a finish line in mind now, but we're still at least a couple months out.
Mmmm.

If we go strictly by the static and animation charts, the game would probably release in early October: technically the statics would take until late January, but there's every reason to think the rate will increase substantially when DPC focuses on them. But that's the average case. If we take the optimistic view (3378 statics, 173 animations), DPC could finish the animations by late July and the statics around mid August; that's probably a late August release in practice (since there'd be less time to pick up the slack in static renders), but still a fairly rosy scenario. If we take the pessimistic view (4343 static, 305 animations), we're now looking at early November to complete the animations (and somewhere between that and February to complete the statics). That probably works out to a late November release.
Mmmm.

If we go strictly by the static and animation charts, the game would probably release in early October:
Mmmm.

So, basically, in other words, what i believe you're implying is, if i'm not mistaken, that we're looking at 1 year between EP8 and EP9, all because of that trashass inked smurf Zoey.

Mmmm.

I'm glad.

:D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes