dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
It could be absolutely anyone of their mutual friends though. Hell, the first person to come to mind when it comes to cheating would be Tommy. For Elena to instantly get that MC is talking about Chad would be unrealistic IMO, but it's reasonable that it's AVN we are talking about.

The reason I thought Josy was a bad option wasn't because she can't keep a secret, it's because she never has an opinion on anything. She just goes along with whatever everyone else says and almost never takes the initiative in leading or suggesting.
Josy has her own opinion. But Josy's problem is so she doesn't make decisions for herself on her own. She makes her decision dependent on others.

I am thinking that it may not have been that the MC needed or wanted advice when he told Josy. It may have been more that the MC was able to sort and gather his thoughts because he told someone.

Also, it made the MC learn some things about Josy that were important for him to make a personal decision. Now how can this be explained?

From the MC's text, he doesn't care if Chad cheated on Sage with a guy or a girl because it didn't make any difference to him. So all that matters to the MC is that Chad Sage cheated. Josy only brings up to the MC that maybe Chad was just using Sage if Chad is only gay and not bisexual.

Reactions: Lostanddamned

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Josy has her own opinion. But Josy's problem is so she doesn't make decisions for herself on her own. She makes her decision dependent on others.

I am thinking that it may not have been that the MC needed or wanted advice when he told Josy. It may have been more that the MC was able to sort and gather his thoughts because he told someone.

Also, it made the MC learn some things about Josy that were important for him to make a personal decision. Now how can this be explained?

From the MC's text, he doesn't care if Chad cheated on Sage with a guy or a girl because it didn't make any difference to him. So all that matters to the MC is that Chad Sage cheated. Josy only brings up to the MC that maybe Chad was just using Sage if Chad is only gay and not bisexual.
If someone who is in trouble, who doesn't know what to do is asking you am advice, there is no worse answer than "i would prefer you don't tell me that"

It is the worst answer possible.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
If someone who is in trouble, who doesn't know what to do is asking you am advice, there is no worse answer than "i would prefer you don't tell me that"

It is the worst answer possible.
The MC did not ask Josy for advice. Josy just wanted to know why the MC was absent-minded because the MC actually always listens when Jojo talks. Josy apologizes to the MC for telling her when asked.

But it was only because the MC told Josy that he cleared his head. I don't know if this has ever happened to you, but it has happened to me when I've talked to someone about a problem, regardless of whether the person knew the problem, and gotten a different perspective.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The MC did not ask Josy for advice. Josy just wanted to know why the MC was absent-minded because the MC actually always listens when Jojo talks. Josy apologizes to the MC for telling her when asked.

But it was only because the MC told Josy that he cleared his head. I don't know if this has ever happened to you, but it has happened to me when I've talked to someone about a problem, regardless of whether the person knew the problem, and gotten a different perspective.
What reason has mc to share his situation with Josy if not for an advice, for an help?

When you need an advice you say directly "i want an advice, please"?
Came on...

Josy's reaction remain the worst possible

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
What reason has mc to share his situation with Josy if not for an advice, for an help?

When you need an advice you say directly "i want an advice, please"?
Came on...

Josy's reaction remain the worst possible
Josy made the MC tell her everything because she noticed that the MC was not listening to Josy, which he usually does. Josy even apologizes to the MC for this.

Josy actually just wanted to know why the MC was elsewhere with his thoughts. After all, she didn't know what the MC was thinking about. Josy also said so she now understands why the MC zoned out.

The reason why the MC told Josy about it, the MC says himself. Because Josy and Maya are the female counterparts of Chad and Troy. Accordingly, Josy definitely has more experience about same-sex relationships than the MC.

Reactions: Darkwen

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Josy made the MC tell her everything because she noticed that the MC was not listening to Josy, which he usually does. Josy even apologizes to the MC for this.

Josy actually just wanted to know why the MC was elsewhere with his thoughts. After all, she didn't know what the MC was thinking about. Josy also said so she now understands why the MC zoned out.

The reason why the MC told Josy about it, the MC says himself. Because Josy and Maya are the female counterparts of Chad and Troy. Accordingly, Josy definitely has more experience about same-sex relationships than the MC.
And he wanted an advice, as he doesn't know what to do

In fact after she gives him an advice... No getting involved

Came on....

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
Cathy would be another good option, seeing that she's always open to helping students with whatever issues might have.

Definitive people MC shouldn't talk to about the issue: Jade, Stephen, Jill (it would be completely pointless as she wouldn't be able to say anything of value to help the situation), Tommy and Derek.
Even though Cathy isn't part of MC's peer group, she has experience with violation of privacy. Another one I had in mind was Heather tbh. Technically, Tommy might not be cheating but she also doesn't always know the full extent of their open relationship.

Anyway, for a second, let's think about what the "shouldn't talk with" people would say :Kappa::
Jade: "Whether you tell her or not, she should also fuck someone else to make things equal"
Stephen: "Hmm send her to me, I might be able to help.."
Jill: "Maybe it's destiny?"
Tommy: same as Jade
Derek: "There are many fish in the ocean, ass-man"

QuixoteTheDon

May 18, 2017
She was ok with the mc making that choice:

Jill: "Oh... Yeah, of course. I understand."​
Jill: "I didn't plan anything big. It was spontaneous."​
Jill: "You're allowed to have other plans. Haha..."​
Jill: "So, uh. Happy birthday."​
mc "Thanks, Jill. I appreciate it."​
Jill: "(I can't blurt it out now... Crap...)"​
Jill: "(Maybe it's a sign?)"​
Jill: "(Maybe it's best to not even tell him...)"​

But at the same time even if she understood his motives (she wasn't jealous in this case), it changed the course of events.

The fact that you get severely penalised making a chick decision when dealing with a chick oriented girl, seems to be the thing that bothers people the most. But to me, just choose Jill if you want Jill. Choose Sage if you want Sage.
It bothers people because it throws you out of roleplaying the game. You choose to be a pusykunt, you dedicate yourself to pursuing the basic bitch path and VN gods still punish you. In this case DPC. It's a bad game design choice for me. There are not many in this game, but this is a big one. DPC should have made a fallback variable or something, or just chosen a more appropriate branching point than this one.
98c7d79474b8c9740c4243065a9db6b6.jpeg

QuixoteTheDon

May 18, 2017
But this just isn't true. I played as Saint Kellermann the Good (I know, it sounds unnatural :sick: ). I did no wrong. I sexed no women (nor men, nor beasts), I started no fights, I knocked out no teeth, I photoed no dick, I burned no houses, I trolled no Jocks, I ogled no asses, I degraded no strippers, I was, for all intents and purposes...a virgin saint at B&R. Yet I get dumped by Jill (even after pouring my musical heart out at her concert).

My great and only sin? I didn't go on a fucking picnic because I was committed to healing a person with Covid which could have killed me by the way. I literally put my life on the line to help the infirmed, but I didn't go on a picnic, so no Jill for me.
Indeed. But you CAN do all those "bad" things and if you chose to go on the damn picnic, chose to fight for her and have a dikish neutral affinity you CAN still end up with Jill, she wont reject. And that is not something that reflects badly on Jill as a character, nope it's just an example of a bad game design choice in an otherwise splendid game.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Indeed. But you CAN do all those "bad" things and if you chose to go on the damn picnic, chose to fight for her and have a dikish neutral affinity you CAN still end up with Jill, she wont reject. And that is not something that reflects badly on Jill as a character, nope it's just an example of a bad game design choice in an otherwise splendid game.
Exactly. And that is why the picnic and only the picnic turns out to be the deciding factor for Jill. And going back to my original point, it makes it all the worse that she decides at the time of the picnic to dump you, but proceeds to string you along until the the very end during the confrontation with Tybalt. The musical concert should have been a way for Nurse MC to reverse Jill's original impulsive decision. That concert was built up so much in Jill's character arc and MC went above and beyond the call of romance duty to help her that the ultimate rejection of MC (especially a Chick MC) later was a mark of the truly selfish person Jill turned out to be...or as you more accurately state, a bad design choice.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
It bothers people because it throws you out of roleplaying the game. You choose to be a pusykunt, you dedicate yourself to pursuing the basic bitch path and VN gods still punish you. In this case DPC. It's a bad game design choice for me. There are not many in this game, but this is a big one. DPC should have made a fallback variable or something, or just chosen a more appropriate branching point than this one.
View attachment 1912580
It's actually really realistic. The thing is, in real life you don't know when something big life changing will happen. You miss the chance and it's gone. But I agree that maybe there should have been a way to fix it if you work really hard at it.
But at the same time, I have to say it's obvious something big could happen. It's a dating sim, your LI wants to take you on a special date because it's your birthday, who chooses to skip that to run errands for a friend with the flu (who has housemates)? In real life, sure, but in a dating sim? "I'll skip this romantic date with the girl I'm romancing so I can get kleenex for a friend". Really?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's actually really realistic. The thing is, in real life you don't know when something big life changing will happen. You miss the chance and it's gone. But I agree that maybe there should have been a way to fix it if you work really hard at it.
But at the same time, I have to say it's obvious something big could happen. It's a dating sim, your LI wants to take you on a special date because it's your birthday, who chooses to skip that to run errands for a friend with the flu (who has housemates)? In real life, sure, but in a dating sim? "I'll skip this romantic date with the girl I'm romancing so I can get kleenex for a friend". Really?
While Sage with abandonent anxiety and anger issue doesn't give a fuck...

The point is this is a game, and that was a trap. Reality has nothing to do with the "good bye" picnic.

helagertane

Jan 14, 2020
But the thing is, there was a promise made. You say you'll look after her, a girl comes up unannounced and you cancel? That shouldn't be big issue.

norm7777

Dec 5, 2019
Is there a way to get the old wallpapers back for Cell Phone? Pictures of the real girls and not the 2d art?
okay. so have conversations on wallpapers on this enormous thread. Wallpapers for computers that people download and other make and post. (and I agree with someone who said just couldn’t see putting the on his PC, but that’s another conversation).

And game wallpapers for MC phone and picture above his desk.

my question is. Is there a way to get the old pictures to show up vs the Jacob 2D art?

did not seem to see an answer to this question above so thought I would bump it

thanks

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
it makes it all the worse that she decides at the time of the picnic to dump you, but proceeds to string you along until the the very end during the confrontation with Tybalt
To be fair, after not going to the picnic, every scene with Jill hints that something's not right so the rejection shouldn't be that surprising
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Closing her path immediately would honestly feel worse. Although a lot of people wanted M&J to stop existing after Ep. 4 rejection so I guess there are people who would prefer just not seeing her anymore instead of the game showing them drift apart

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes