Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Jill isn't popular here and we know it
Nah, Jill is very popular at f95 too: DIK Lounge; BaDIK Poll

Sage has a convincing lead in the big originally posted a year ago, but Jill still makes 2nd.

Jill might not win a popularity contest with the current crop of regular posters, they just aren't much of a reflection of the broader f95 sentiment apparently.
I can't be the only one to remembers that prior to the release of v0.1, Josy was the runaway favorite. She only plummeted down to the bottom because of her supposed "boyfriend" and almost everybody bailed on her.
Of those who post more or less regularly, I think only Meushi can remember something like that! :p
Actually Meushi's first post in this thread was AFTER the v0.3 release, so he might not even have been around from pre-v0.1.
Au contraire, I followed BaDIK from the start, after DPC started talking about it in the AL thread. Back when it was still a development thread.

I was just a lurker back then though, so there's no sign of me there or in the BaDIK thread before 0.2.

I don't remember Josy's popularity crashing after the boyfriend reveal. A few noped out (no cheaters), but not a wipe-out like when the Maya relationship emerged. But it's so long ago I may have simply forgotten what the vibe of the thread was back then.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
For example, the rebound guy with Sage. It is not something natural in the story, it is suddenly inserted, it created controversy, and then by the next chapter it had completely disappeared
Actually, it had completely disappeared right after the very next scene, between MC and Sage :ROFLMAO:
But, I actually liked that quick resolution , some folks just made too much of deal about virtually nothing.
It's seems to me DPC aware of his craft, and what is the common tropes in entertainment, most of the Drama in shows and movies , is always comes from lack of communication, characters simply not talking with each others. And He himself use this as the standard tool too. So it was surprising in a very good way, how simply he resolved that one small issue between MC and Sage. Same way, one of my favorite scene, is the " Rejection " of Sage and how mature the whole conversation was ,as Sage pointing out, how more people should simply be more open and honest about their feelings, and simply just have the goddamn conversation, could solve so many thing. (y)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Actually, it had completely disappeared right after the very next scene, between MC and Sage :ROFLMAO:
But, I actually liked that quick resolution , some folks just made too much of deal about virtually nothing.
It's seems to me DPC aware of his craft, and what is the common tropes in entertainment, most of the Drama in shows and movies , is always comes from lack of communication, characters simply not talking with each others. And He himself use this as the standard tool too. So it was surprising in a very good way, how simply he resolved that one small issue between MC and Sage. Same way, one of my favorite scene, is the " Rejection " of Sage and how mature the whole conversation was ,as Sage pointing out, how more people should simply be more open and honest about their feelings, and simply just have the goddamn conversation, could solve so many thing. (y)
I didn't even feel the drama, it wasn't plausible for MC to leave Sage, and it didn't even serve to strengthen their relationship. It was a parenthesis in the story in theory important but in fact completely irrelevant

So much so that the 'no fuck Buddy' route that starts directly in chapter seven seems better than the full route

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Nah, Jill is very popular at f95 too: DIK Lounge; BaDIK Poll

Sage has a convincing lead in the big originally posted a year ago, but Jill still makes 2nd.

Jill might not win a popularity contest with the current crop of regular posters, they just aren't much of a reflection of the broader f95 sentiment apparently.

Au contraire, I followed BaDIK from the start, after DPC started talking about it in the AL thread. Back when it was still a development thread.

I was just a lurker back then though, so there's no sign of me there or in the BaDIK thread before 0.2.

I don't remember Josy's popularity crashing after the boyfriend reveal. A few noped out (no cheaters), but not a wipe-out like when the Maya relationship emerged. But it's so long ago I may have simply forgotten what the vibe of the thread was back then.
For me, the problem is that Jill has the highest ration of outright bad and ugly renders. I like the way the character is written, I know her naïvety frustrated some people, and the Tybalt blackmail and picnic break up annoyed people (it is a bit silly) But I found that naivety led to a really hot sex scene and should lead to some fun (minor) corruption going forward, like getting Maya into risky sex.

For me I’d say my favourite is Bella, but on any given day the others have their moments. Probably Bella>Sage>Riona=Quinn>Maya=Josy>Jill>Camilla>The Rest. But give me a hot scene and some bad renders and that list could change quite a lot

7inn

Jul 21, 2020
Just for fun,
why is everyone banned from DPC's Discord/Patreon who shares preview pictures and only mentions F95 but at the same time has a moderator/admin on their discord who posts things here?

Just because N7 is a mod here too?
I just can't make sense of this logic. Ok he doesn't want to lose money or supporters, sure I can understand that. But why is he allowing N7 to post "stuff" here? I mean he doesn't need any more advertising. He's well known around here, isn't he?

Don't get me wrong I don't mean to offend anyone or anything I just don't get it.
Isn't that a bit of a double standard?

Don't know if this has already been discussed here.

Cheers :coffee:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Just for fun,
why is everyone banned from DPC's Discord/Patreon who shares preview pictures and only mentions F95 but at the same time has a moderator/admin on their discord who posts things here?

I just can't make sense of this logic. Ok he doesn't want to lose money or supporters, sure I can understand that. But why is he allowing N7 to post "stuff" here? I mean he doesn't need any more advertising. He's well known around here, isn't he?

Don't get me wrong I don't mean to offend anyone or anything I just don't get it.

My poor sweet innocent child

vlcsnap-2018-12-11-11h25m12s818.png

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Just for fun,

Why would you ping the God N7? If I were you I wouldn't do that. :KEK:

To answer your question, in short, they understand this site still garners views and possible patrons.
AFAIK, they only ban the "previews" if it comes from the higher-tier patrons. They only share the lower-ones.

Case in point, the Nicole preview was for the $30 patrons only.
So, the God N7 didn't post it here.
A hero just leaked it. :Kappa:

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Just for fun,

Pecunia non olet

Reactions: ename144 and 7inn

7inn

Jul 21, 2020
Why would you ping the God N7? If I were you I wouldn't do that. :KEK:

To answer your question, in short, they understand this site still garners views and possible patrons.
AFAIK, they only ban the "previews" if it comes from the higher-tier patrons. They only share the lower-ones.

Case in point, the Nicole preview was for the $30 patrons only.
So, the God N7 didn't post it here.
A hero just leaked it. :Kappa:
Sorry, im not into God-complex stuff :PogChamp:. And no its not my first time. I pinged him so he may can give me/us an prober reply and not some "I belive that's why" stuf, eh?

Okay, sure I get that point, but it's still a double standard. He punishes the people who pay him, but he still has close ties and mutual understanding with F95 in the form of N7. Because N7 is a mod, is he a better "influencer" for his previews than regular users? I don't get that logic but hey i don't judge :BootyTime:

Reactions: SomboSteel

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
Sorry, im not into God-complex stuff :PogChamp:. And no its not my first time. I pinged him so he may can give me/us an prober reply and not some "I belive that's why" stuf, eh?

Okay, sure I get that point, but it's still a double standard. He punishes the people who pay him, but he still has close ties and mutual understanding with F95 in the form of N7. Because N7 is a mod, is he a better "influencer" for his previews than regular users? I don't get that logic but hey i don't judge :BootyTime:
My advice would be to not pull at this thread.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Sage's fuck buddy route is actually the same as Zoey's in Interlude, and Tremolo himself has thought that friendship could turn into love.

However, only Tremolo has the problem that he fell in love faster than Zoey. A fuck buddy Sage could quickly turn into a second Zoey.
But there is a big difference. Zoey and MC's relationship is effectively broken, now Zoey has realised how much she cared, we will see how mc reacts, but it all starts with Zoey.

In contrast, the relationship between mc and Sage never broke off, and when there would be no more obstacles mc has a strange crisis of conscience that in fact leads to nothing. What Sage tells him in his room is not so different from what she tells him afterwards, a crisis that leads nowhere

Reactions: Kellermann

7inn

Jul 21, 2020
My advice would be to not pull at this thread
Why? I'm just asking a question to understand. If I asked DPC on Patreon I would get banned, so this is actually the perfect place to ask. I don't know about you, but curiosity isn't always a bad thing. As already said, I don't want to harm anyone in any way, I want to understand.

Reactions: QuixoteTheDon

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Predictions of the last frame of the whole series.

Here is mine and then it goes to roll credits..."Thanks for playing Being a DIK". :ROFLMAO:

mad1.jpg

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
If I recall correctly, there were polls on everybody's favorite girl both before and after the release of v0.1. Josy's rating plummeted after the release. But yeah it's so long ago it could very well be that I'm the one that's imagining things.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
No....

Sage has a boyfriend, Zoey is not ready, it is not the same
It's almost the same thing. Who says Zoey didn't have a boyfriend before the MC? Even in the interlude the MC thinks Zoey is still fucking another guy.

- MC has no friends meets Zoey and to a question from Sage in EP1 you can answer that he still has no friends .

- How does Zoey see the MC, as a fuck buddy. What can the MC become for Sage? Fuck buddy.

- What does the MC think about Sage? This friendship could turn into love, if that's the right path. Zoey and the MC were just friends at first, then fuck buddies, and when Zoey left, the MC realized he loved Zoey.

These are parallels that cannot be denied.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's almost the same thing. Who says Zoey didn't have a boyfriend before the MC? Even in the interlude the MC thinks Zoey is still fucking another guy.

- MC has no friends meets Zoey and to a question from Sage in EP1 you can answer that he still has no friends .

- How does Zoey see the MC, as a fuck buddy. What can the MC become for Sage? Fuck buddy.

- What does the MC think about Sage? This friendship could turn into love, if that's the right path. Zoey and the MC were just friends at first, then fuck buddies, and when Zoey left, the MC realized he loved Zoey.

These are parallels that cannot be denied.
It seems to me a really forced parallelism....

Apart from the fact that at one point they are fuckbuddies I see very little in common.

Zoey and Sage's starting situation is completely different, one is an outcast, the second the Br queen. And even mc is not in the same situation

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes