allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Just found it in myself to play the Interlude, and I am not you're if you're serious or not, but yeah, doing this honestly made episode 9 go into delay more than it should, and it was already gonna be the most dev time we've ever got before. I do understand its point, especially in a solo path in much need of drama now that most stuff got locked. It could be interesting and Chloe Price... I mean Zoey, can have some nice moments to make the MC doubt its own choices.

The reason why I dont think will work as it should its because... well, although she's playable you can only shape Zoey so much. Unlike the MC she's her own character and I dont think will matter much that she has feelings for the MC...

...unless she goes nutjob like Leah after being rejected. Oof, I am already having a bad feeling about this.

PS: I also curious why Sage was acting mad towards the MC at the end of the interlude. Maybe Jade nuclear bomb dropped she's been messing with the MC? :Kappa:Fuck me I should had not played this thing, now I want episode 9 sooo freaking bad.
I like Zoey as a character but I don't think I have any interest at all in playing a route with her. (Then again, with how DPC writes the characters in a compelling way I always end up changing my mind). Still, even though I liked the Interlude I kind of get a little more salty each time the estimated release date is pushed back. Hopefully, as more time passes we can get a clearer idea of a release date.
Also since no matter how you play the game (believe me I tried almost everything just to check), you end up with the same ending scene going "Fuck. fuck. fuck." I think Sage's tone is going to be turn out to be more like "urgency" than "anger". I'm guessing it's probably going to be something like she needs the MC to help her handle some kind of situation that came up or maybe that he just rushed straight to the bathroom and she's all like "Hey, come out of there idiot. My parents are already waiting in the dining room" or some shit like that.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Another week, another mismatched jigsaw piece. DPC has completed "Big"-35+NewlyRendered animations this week, an average of darnedifiknow/week. Slightly less unhelpfully, we know he's a day or two away from posing static render #2500, and the queue is ~240. Last week we estimated the render count as 2201, which means our current render count should be between 2201 and 2259. A normal day's worth of static completions is ~15-20. If we assume that roughly translates to his expected posing rate, he'd currently stand at ~2235, which is smack dab in the middle of that range. So it's probably a reasonable estimate... if not an optimistic one. Let's take a look at the charts.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, static render rate took a hit this week. Normally I'd use the current rate for the projections, but since DPC has a solid queue I think it's likely he'll at least approach his overall average rate. Plus the chart was just too depressing at <40 statics per week. Even as is statics are now on pace for a November release, and while that could easily be an outlier, it's hard to believe it's such an outlier that it will offset the already pessimistic animation numbers.

There's still a chance DPC will start to cut material near the end to speed things up, but I don't think we should count on it. In short, I think we'll be lucky to get Episode 9 by Halloween at the rate we seem to be going. Obviously that's not what any of us want to hear, but personally I could roll with the lengthy development cycle if I had faith the resulting episode would still deliver. In the wake of the way Episode 8 ended and the wasteland that was the Interlude, however, it's really hard to maintain much faith. I was really hoping we'd either get a short turnaround this time or a better sense of where DPC intends to take Season 3 during development, but I'd say we're getting neither. This is going to be a very tough wait, at least for me. :(
I share the same sentiments with your last paragraph. That perfectly summed up what was floating around in my head.

Reactions: ename144

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Also since no matter how you play the game, you end up with the same ending scene going "Fuck. fuck. fuck."
That's actually a good point.

Why does Fuckface react like that on a full CHICK throuple playthrough? The worst he's done is help steal a stag's head from her brother and threw eggs at her brother. Obviously not ideal but hardly enough to provoke that reaction.

Has Fuckface actually grown a braincell and linked Burke's ability to pay tuitions to Mona running away from him at the party and then leaving B&R and how Quinn's restaurant works? Surely we're still a few episodes away from that drama?

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018

Why does Fuckface react like that on a full CHICK throuple playthrough? The worst he's done is help steal a stag's head from her brother and threw eggs at her brother. Obviously not ideal but hardly enough to provoke that reaction.

Has Fuckface actually grown a braincell and linked Burke's ability to pay tuitions to Mona running away from him at the party and then leaving B&R and how Quinn's restaurant works? Surely we're still a few episodes away from that drama?
I could see him reacting like that on a full CHICK throuple playthrough because maybe he's worried Jade is still salty about being rejected. Idk. I'm just going to leave it at it's going to be one of the scenes where there's going to be different reasons that awkwardly fit in except whichever is the "correct" dialogue.
Also, lol no way he'd be able to make those connections.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Also since no matter how you play the game (believe me I tried almost everything just to check), you end up with the same ending scene going "Fuck. fuck. fuck."

I could see him reacting like that on a full CHICK throuple playthrough because maybe he's worried Jade is still salty about being rejected. Idk. I'm just going to leave it at it's going to be one of the scenes where there's going to be different reasons that awkwardly fit in except whichever is the "correct" dialogue.
Also, lol no way he'd be able to make those connections.
Here's a breakdown of all the baggage the mc may have going into the meeting, and my take on why he responds the way he does:

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Just did an off-the-cuff comparison between AL and BaDIK, since people often think DPC will repeat things between the games:

AL
BaDIK
MC is an old dude (40+ I reckon)
MC is a young dude 18+
MC is a snowflakeMC is a snowflake
Comedic best friend (long time friend)Comedic best friend (new friend)
Potential throuple dynamicPotential throuple dynamic
MC can repeatedly beat up Melissa's dad (game has hit accumulator)MC can repeatedly punch Tybalt (game doesn't have hit accumulator)
Small castLarge cast
MC's ex is a psycho bitch!MC's ex is awesome!
MC is wealthy (at least money isn't an issue in the game)MC is poor as shit
Mostly female castAlmost as many male characters as females
Non-harem gameNon-harem game
Blue haired girl that throws a spanner in the worksBlue haired girl that looks to throw a spanner in the works
MC lives his life through other characters (doesn't often focus on his own personal aspirations)MC lives his life through other characters (doesn't often focus on his own personal aspirations)
Leisure and work centricCollege centric
People died (numerous, depending on your choices)No one is dead yet except characters from the past
No significant drug and alcohol content to my recollectionSignificant drug and alcohol content
Sex scenes feel out of placeSex scenes feel very well integrated
Deals with jealousy issuesDeals with jealousy issues
Games characters didn't rely heavily on stereotypesGames characters rely heavily on stereotypes
Most of the game is not driven by antagonists (just Melissa's dad for a bit, and then there's the major twist that wasn't present for most of the game)There are antagonists driving a lot of the game (Tybalt, Jocks, Burke, even Quinn)
I don't recall, but there really wasn't as much sexThere is a fuck load of sex
The relationships felt awkward (to me)The relationships feel natural (to me)
No free roamsPlenty of free roams
No mini gamesPlenty of minigames
Very, very melodramatic and often very seriousOften melodramatic but mostly light hearted (even if it does deal with some serious topics)
AL suckedBaDIK Rules

On top of that, I'm fairly sure not a single name from AL is repeated in BaDIK, except Melissa and Josy's dads are both called Peter (definitely different kinda dudes though).

Are there any other obvious similarities or startling differences? There's the domestic violence theme in AL that doesn't really have a parallel in BaDIK (maybe Maya's dad controlling her...)

Anyway, my take is they are starkly different games that overlap only in that the they are both AVNs, but other than that, I see no reason to worry that AL's content has/will influenced BaDIK.
I could quibble about some of the details, but I largely agree with your main point. That said, it's not really a fair comparison until BaDIK is complete. AL felt extremely different at the halfway mark than it did at the end. :cautious:

I'm pretty sure the MC will remain as clueless as ever. My feeling is the fuckstorm was all about selling a dramatic cliffhanger to the audience. DPC is a slave to the drama, so he had the MC go into a full-on meltdown regardless of exactly how significant the revelation of Sage's family is to him. He probably figured it would keep people hooked over the season break and he could always paper over any seeming inconsistencies in Season 3 if necessary.

IMHO that was mistake; too often it makes the ending confusing rather than compelling. If the MC shut Jade down from the start and never started anything with Sage, it's an insane overreaction; even if she were pissed at being rejected (something that was never hinted at before), there's no way she's picking a fight over it in this setting. Given that Jade's path is incompatible with Maya/Josy, this isn't a minor edge case. Meanwhile if the MC just dumped Jade specifically to start dating Sage, his response might actually be understating things.

DPC normally does an excellent job selling the results of our choices in the game, but he decided to stick with a one-size-fits all response here. It's a baffling decision that really takes me out of the game and is a substantial part of why I'm so down on Season 3. :(

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
DPC will force the MC to interact with Zoey. This is evident in the conversation between Sage and the MC in EP6 and in the scene between Dani and Jamie in EP8.

When the MC comforts Sage, he is able to give two answers to a question from Sage, which likely relates to Zoey and the MC's relationship and was triggered by Emma's giggles. The MC can answer Sage that he just moved on or that he should have drawn a line once, but it is too late for that now. Combine this with the scene from EP8 and the following possibilities arise.

The MC will break up with Zoey in EP9, which could allow the two to remain good friends, and that the Chosen LI will accept this.

If the MC just moved on, there will always be unspoken hopes between Zoey and the MC, which could lead to jealousy and revenge, whether that jealousy comes from Zoey or the Chosen LI. DPC often writes in such a way that the characters should communicate. Dani and Jamie show us these unspoken feelings and hopes. In the conversation between Jamie and the MC, the MC says that it must be damn hard, always running into his ex-girlfriend.
That's true, Fuckface's answer to Jamie (whether he sided with Leon and told Jamie to not get back with Dani or whether he let Jamie make his own decision, likely to be to get back with Dani) may also have an effect on whether Fuckface wants to get back with Zoey, if he sided with Leon he's less likely to pursue Zoey, if he sided with Jamie he's more likely to be open to getting back with Zoey.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
:D
;)
:love:
:unsure:

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes