myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Leah doesn't exist in Being a DIK... in fact, none of Acting Lessons characters exist in BaDIK.
It's true. There is a redhead, that when you go out partying with Tommy to celebrate her birthday you think the first time she is Leah, but when you advance the story you see her again and then you see that she is not Leah. This redhead only appears in three images in the entire game. But who is she really? :unsure:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I have to disagree, having a neutral affinity does not mean the MC have no opinion, it shows that his opinion is not DIK or CHICK but other. I i have a neutral affinity i clearly decided for this, also IRL you can be neutral but having your own opinion. Neutral also means sometimes, i agree with both or with none of them.
Yeah, but the only way you get there is by bouncing Chick and Dik choices like a bipolar monkey. Some choices couple better with others and don't completely shatter the immersion, but it still feels off compared to a pure playthrough.

Which brings me back to the dead horse, at this point, morality systems in games suck ass. Its impossible to not constrain gameplay in some way, or at the very least play a part in decision making, instead of letting the player RP the way they want to shape the MC.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
As a Swede you must answer me this please. Is the attire below considered normal and acceptable for a dude? A cleavage cut pink blouse and rolled up jorts with little navy boy anchors on it? I have always hoped that DPC only selected this for lore reasons because MC is impoverished and had to grab whatever he could out of the discount shop bargain bin.

He looks about as thrilled to be wearing this as I was to see it. I can imagine the MC avatar in DAZ3d going..."really DPC? You are actually going to insert me into a scene wearing this? Haven't I suffered enough?"
View attachment 1953929

Thank goodness the colder weather is arriving in game and MC doesn't wear jorts with his DIK jacket anymore. That was beyond the pale. The season 2 DIK jacket initial experience was ruined by jorts. :cautious:
What about the one from the Zoey preview? :KEK:

johlem

Apr 30, 2018
Yeah, but the only way you get there is by bouncing Chick and Dik choices like a bipolar monkey. Some choices couple better with others and don't completely shatter the immersion, but it still feels off compared to a pure playthrough.

Which brings me back to the dead horse, at this point, morality systems in games suck ass. Its impossible to not constrain gameplay in some way, or at the very least play a part in decision making, instead of letting the player RP the way they want to shape the MC.
I play my main game by making my choices as if I were the mc, and I have a neutral affinity in this game, so according to you I am bipolar? xd

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
It's true. There is a redhead, that when you go out partying with Tommy to celebrate her birthday you think the first time she is Leah, but when you advance the story you see her again and then you see that she is not Leah. This redhead only appears in three images in the entire game. But who is she really? :unsure:
Dont overthink this... there are TONs of Renders with "NPCs" in it just to fill up the pictures, with no actual role or name... and some of them are seen multiple times, some even get a textline and dont have a serious part in the game whats so ever and probably never will.

Sometimes DPC even is playing with our sepculations like this... remember"Man Bun" in the preps mansion in episode 5? Like everybody around here was speculating which girl he is the father of? Many thought, no were even DEAD sure that he is the father of Sage... well we know how that turns out. I wouldnt be surprised if we will see him never again.

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Dont overthink this... there are TONs of Renders with "NPCs" in it just to fill up the pictures, with no actual role or name... and some of them are seen multiple times, some even get a textline and dont have a serious part in the game whats so ever and probably never will.

Sometimes DPC even is playing with our sepculations like this... remember"Man Bun" in the preps mansion in episode 5? Like everybody around here was speculating which girl he is the father of? Many thought, no were even DEAD sure that he is the father of Sage... well we know how that turns out. I wouldnt be surprised if we will see him never again.
That's the problem. That this woman is related to Lynette. With which I don't think it's just filler of the game and in the future we know more about her

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Rare Weekend Appearance

Still, if you need to track it down... we know the game tracks which lines you've seen so it can flag lines that are safe to skip. Is there an easy way to compare a list of flagged lines to a list of all lines and thus create a list of unseen lines?

Haven't seen one.

Unpack the game files, and read the script. I mean, I don't know how to do it (I'm a wood worker, Jim, not a bloody game developer!), but I've seen people talking about doing stuff like that, so it must be possible.

Do you know how many lines of code that is??

2 Mil.jpg

Yeah, not enough info there to track down what line DPC is referring to.

But if you want to torture yourself some more, it's easy to see how many dialogue lines you've yet to see (with the current persistent at least).

Hit F2 to display the progress_screen. Some text will appear in the top left of the screen. In the interlude I get:
0 1314/1455

Those numbers are:
renpy.count_newly_seen_dialogue_blocks() - the number of dialogue blocks the user has seen for the first time during this session.
renpy.count_seen_dialogue_blocks() - the number of dialogue blocks the user has seen in any play-through of the current game.
renpy.count_dialogue_blocks() - the total number of dialogue blocks in the game's original language.

Hit F2 again to hide the progress_screen.

Yeah, I've already been depressed by the number of lines I've missed. But this one itches because it sounds like a challenge.

How many Halloween costumes have been revealed so far?
4 if im not wrong: Riona, Heather and there is a preview showing two girls dressed as playboy bunnies.

Five:

teaser.jpg

Is that "chalk" outline jacking off?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Be careful because the redhead from AL is free in this game and canonically that means that she is alive :devilish: :alien:
Leah doesn't exist in Being a DIK... in fact, none of Acting Lessons characters exist in BaDIK.
They exist in separate universes due to the timeline issues DPC ran into when deciding to make BaDIK, but since BaDIK is a prequel-like timeframe, it's entirely plausible that we could run into Leah as a fellow college student working on her medical courses.
as far as i know there is no really good working android version, brandy made one (or better said, he tried), but it was buggy as hell if iam not wrong... dont remember exactly, but i think it was removed than, and its not on his patreon page anymore too.

Some might correct me here... but yeah i think thats about it for a android version...
There aren't any 'good' Android versions because DPC specifically doesn't want there to be, he puts effort to make it as strict to his design parameters as he can, hence the anti-OS/anti-cheat stuff he's coded in.

Sure, we can circumvent a lot of it, but then people have no fucking right to bitch when their game shits the bed.
That's because Sage's father, at the time, was the most practical option, based on discussions (with Sage and him). It's much more likely it was Arieth, as she wasn't even at the right party, or Ashley, who was hiding upstairs in tears.

Reactions: ename144

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
DPC has stated in his Q&A that Acting Lessons characters aren't going to make appareances in Being a DIK because they are separated games, so I don't know where you got that multiverse theory (Did DPC said something different in his Discord?). He originally wanted BaDIK to be a sequel to AL, but because that would limit his ideas for the game he decided to scrap it.

There may be some references to certain characters, but as long as DPC doesn't open to the idea of making both of his games share the same universe, we won't see any character from Acting Lessons appearing in BaDIK.
the HOT and DIK sorority/fraternity literally exist in both games. thats why it was such an easy and logical assumption to make that they would be in the same universe

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
the HOT and DIK sorority/fraternity literally exist in both games. thats why it was such an easy and logical assumption to make that they would be in the same universe
Mmmm that's all? We already know the DIKs and HOTs existed in Acting Lessons because DPC wanted BaDIK to be a prequel (I think I made a mistake in the past post and said BaDIK was the sequel when it was the other way around) but he scrapped the idea to mix both games.

If that's the best "proof" people have to create a DPCverse or however you want to call it, then it's not a good one. As long as DrPinkCake himself doesn't state both of his games are of the same universe (like MrDots does with his games), then that theory doesn't have anything strong to sustain it. You can believe it if you want but that doesn't make it real.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Mmmm that's all? We already know the DIKs and HOTs existed in Acting Lessons because DPC wanted BaDIK to be a prequel (I think I made a mistake in the past post and said BaDIK was the sequel when it was the other way around) but he scrapped the idea to mix both games.

If that's the best "proof" people have to create a DPCverse or however you want to call it, then it's not a good one. As long as DrPinkCake himself doesn't state both of his games are of the same universe (like MrDots does with his games), then that theory doesn't have anything strong to sustain it. You can believe it if you want but that doesn't make it real.
I never said they were the same universe. I said they were separate, because of the timeline issue. The only real beef DPC had initially was that he liked the ubiquitous smartphone usage, and it wouldn't work to use a smartphone in BaDIK because it's supposed to be the prequel to AL. The DIKs were founded a good bit before AL came along.

Hence why some of the very same characters may exist in both games, but they aren't necessarily the same people.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017

im not sure if i agree with that reasoning, but you can think whatever you want at the end of the day.

in his first game ever DPC name drops the DIK frat and shows off the HOTs uniforms. and then in literally his very next game he has it take place at a university with a DIK frat and HOT sorority.... if you exclude the fact that he had to specifically point out in a Q&A outside of the game itself that the two games arent connected in anyway, there is literally no reason to not believe they would be in the same universe.

its like if i invented Batman/Bruce Wayne in my first game, and then in my second game i had it take place at Wayne University but the joke is on you cause why would they be in the same universe lol? its less logical that the games arent connected IMO

• Haha
Reactions: The Senior Perv

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
its like if i invented Batman/Bruce Wayne in my first game, and then in my second game i had it take place at Wayne University but the joke is on you cause why would they be in the same universe lol? its less logical that the games arent connected IMO
:unsure:
Actually, I would immediately, assume it's an alternate universe, Earth-2 or something.:p:ROFLMAO:

Those who played Al, first, should know very well that, the 2 game is in a separated universe, since I assume they at least follow the Developer's "career", so they are aware of the things.

and Those who played Badik first, should have more than 1 brain cell, to realize they can't be connected for timeline reasons. so it's come to the fact of individual folks ignorance:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I already said that DPC pointed out in a Q&A that both games aren't connected, but if you wanna keep believing in they're still connected it's ok. At least your theory is more interesting than others I have seen in this forum.
i feel like you might be missing my point. pretend that DPC never said in a random Q&A that the games arent connected.

pretend that never happened and play AL and then BaDIK. can you then tell my any reason to assume they ARENT in the same universe? what information would you take from either game that makes it an impossibility for a shared universe? the simple fact that the frats exists in both games (and the DIKs when mentioned in AL are hinted at being pretty wild and crazy like in BaDIK). unless im missing something crucial, it seems like there is obviously more evidence that they are in the same universe as opposed to any evidence in either game that proves they arent.

if you explicitly take away what DPC said since it's lore he establishes outside of the games themselves, and acknowledge that most people who play these games on Steam and arent patrons or pirates would likely never read any DPC Q&As; most people who play this legitimately would very likely assume its a story set in the same universe because there really isnt any specific reason not to.

Mehr7ad

Oct 24, 2021
as far as i know there is no really good working android version, brandy made one (or better said, he tried), but it was buggy as hell if iam not wrong... dont remember exactly, but i think it was removed than, and its not on his patreon page anymore too.

Some might correct me here... but yeah i think thats about it for a android version...
Yeah it's true it was a little buggy but I managed to end season 1 and 2 and now I need to find the season 3 lol

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
:unsure:
Actually, I would immediately, assume it's an alternate universe, Earth-2 or something.:p:ROFLMAO:

Those who played Al, first, should know very well that, the 2 game is in a separated universe, since I assume they at least follow the Developer's "career", so they are aware of the things.

and Those who played Badik first, should have more than 1 brain cell, to realize they can't be connected for timeline reasons. so it's come to the fact of individual folks ignorance:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
yeah, as far as comic book stuff sure you could easily assume alternate universes. but these arent comic book stories lol. and maybe my memory is just foggy at this point, but what are the timeline reasons you are talking about? why couldnt somebody just assume these take place simultaneously like an anthology, merely covering a different age/demographic of characters?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

bxchun

Oct 24, 2020
I've read a long time ago that she was supposed to be Heidi from 'Daughter for Dessert' as a kind of homage to the developer of the game that passed away. Have no idea if any of this is true though.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes