Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
If the conversation turned to Bella, I have a small observation. I have never seen Bella's haters in the thread. If there are a lot of haters Jill, I think she takes first place in terms of the number of negative comments. A lot of people don't like Maya. Some don't like Josy, there was very little negativity towards Sage.
But no one hates Bella. Just an observation.
I know that most probably wasn't your intention, but I guess you woke the few of them with that post :LOL:

(even if I suppose they won't say anything)

Jill is kind and caring, but living in perfect bubble built by the people around her, who could turn rebellious if she wants to follow her sister's footsteps. Her perfect ideals decides for her, very naive, too naive. And jealous.

Maya is the traumatized children, imprisoned inside herself because of her crazy father, who's scared to be hurt but hurt others in return, yearns to be free. Pushed herself in the arms of a girl cause she's scared of men.

Josy is the carefree one riddled with undecisiveness and anxiety because she don't want to hurt anybody, hurting herself in the process. Loves the MC, but 'stays in the background', let people decide for her.

Sage, radiant queen, bubbly personality, doesn't know how to deal with her emotions, results in impulsive/explosive reactions. Oblivious to way too much things around her... but she's the only one Quinn is scared of, so there's that.

Bella... tortured soul, mysterious type, bombshell, older woman, strong morals, but mentally unstable for seemingly obvious reasons (married, cheating) and some hidden ones. Major red flags to me, but her mystery, damn...

The mystery of Bella, I understand how nobody dislikes her, everyone wants to try to solve it. And she's pretty much Neutral, so it helps. And the bubbly, easygoing Sage, seriously, how can anyone dislike her, beside the fact she has to fucking wake up about the HOTs. She's a DIK choice, but I could get a date with her as a Massive Chick, so yeah.

Maya/Josy, as long as they'll stay in this forced throuple, they'll get dislikes. When choices will be made available (solo paths, and a real throuple choice), things will change, especially for Maya, I hope, only reason she's disliked to me is because Josy is stuck with her, and vice versa. Also, while Josy really is carefree, Neutral DIK to Chick, Maya really is a Chick, doesn't help.

Jill ? I don't get the hate. But I can understand why people would dislike the trope. Very niche. Haters are vocal, fans stay quiet because they're mocked, so yeah, but there are many. Only pure chick playthrough, capricious, doesn't help.

DPC knows about the opinions on the girls, of course, Maya being the least liked (which isn't good), Jill the most polarizing (which is good), I'm sure changes are incoming.

(got a bit overboard with my comment, but was inspired this morning, so yeah)

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
I don't think there are jill "haters" per se
Well there was one, but I think he can't post here anymore? :LUL:

Besides, 'hate' is a pretty strong word if we're talking about characters that aren't antagonists (like the 5 current main LIs). Even if they don't appeal to me, I just ignore them.

Bella doesn't click at all for me romantic-wise. Body proportions and that crying/foreshadowing scene in the library threw me off. She's still ok as a sort of older sister type, though.

Last edited:

MatSCarlet

Apr 12, 2020
I know that most probably wasn't your intention, but I guess you woke the few of them with that post :LOL:

Jill is kind and caring, but living in perfect bubble built by the people around her, who could turn rebellious if she wants to follow her sister's footsteps. Her perfect ideals decides for her, very naive, too naive. And jealous.

Maya is the traumatized children, imprisoned inside herself because of her crazy father, who's scared to be hurt but hurt others in return, yearns to be free. Pushed herself in the arms of a girl cause she's scared of men.

Josy is the carefree one riddled with undecisiveness and anxiety because she don't want to hurt anybody, hurting herself in the process. Loves the MC, but 'stays in the background', let people decide for her.

Sage, radiant queen, bubbly personality, doesn't know how to deal with her emotions, results in impulsive/explosive reactions. Oblivious to way too much things around her... but she's the only one Quinn is scared of, so there's that.

Bella... tortured soul, mysterious type, bombshell, older woman, strong morals, but mentally unstable for seemingly obvious reasons (married, cheating) and some hidden ones. Major red flags to me, but her mystery, damn...

The mystery of Bella, I understand how nobody dislikes her, everyone wants to try to solve it. And she's pretty much Neutral, so it helps. And the bubbly, easygoing Sage, seriously, how can anyone dislike her, beside the fact she has to fucking wake up about the HOTs. She's a DIK choice, but I could get a date with her as a Massive Chick, so yeah.

Maya/Josy, as long as they'll stay in this forced throuple, they'll get dislikes. When choices will be made available (solo paths, and a real throuple choice), things will change, especially for Maya, I hope, only reason she's disliked to me is because Josy is stuck with her, and vice versa. Also, while Josy really is carefree, Neutral DIK to Chick, Maya really is a Chick, doesn't help.

Jill ? I don't get the hate. But I can understand why people would dislike the trope. Very niche. Haters are vocal, fans stay quiet because they're mocked, so yeah, but there are many. Only pure chick playthrough, capricious, doesn't help.

DPC knows about the opinions on the girls, of course, Maya being the least liked (which isn't good), Jill the most polarizing (which is good), I'm sure changes are incoming.

I agree in many points. Love how you describes the LI, their flaws too.
In my last playthrough i got to the end of chap 8 choosing between sage and jill, began the game loving maya but now i guess the best LI is sage since you can have her in any path and has some diferences in how is developed.
I also don't get the hate for Jill, I mean she's spoiled and lives in a whole different world from MC and i like to see the contrast is kinda funny.
Maya/Josy was kinda of a let down cause at least for me you usually has to choose one or another in most situations. Still love you can just lay down on the floor and they put the beds together.
But I want more Rionna T.T it's was good helping her to catch her stalker but I have my doubts if it's was only him.

Reactions: Sasanid

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
I agree in many points. Love how you describes the LI, their flaws too.
In my last playthrough i got to the end of chap 8 choosing between sage and jill, began the game loving maya but now i guess the best LI is sage since you can have her in any path and has some diferences in how is developed.
I also don't get the hate for Jill, I mean she's spoiled and lives in a whole different world from MC and i like to see the contrast is kinda funny.
Maya/Josy was kinda of a let down cause at least for me you usually has to choose one or another in most situations. Still love you can just lay down on the floor and they put the beds together.
But I want more Rionna T.T it's was good helping her to catch her stalker but I have my doubts if it's was only him.
Really liked Maya too, up until that 'Josy is my girlfriend' scene... I don't dislike her because of her relationship, but because I'm not into that type of thing, and I just see Maya stagnate as a character, and Josy more happy with the MC than with Maya.

And was just talking about the MG, but yeah, I hope Riona, Nicole, Lily, and especially (for me) Quinn, get more content. Like many others, have a feeling Bianca might be a possibility in the future, too. And I hope Mona comes back, could be interesting with Camila.

But then, we 'made a choice'... even if I think this choice will go down the drain pretty fast.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Jill ? I don't get the hate.
From what i've seen around here it seems to be mainly about the fact she dares to shoot the MC down for what people perceive as "being nice" (staying with sick Sage). And she does it in public to boot. But this is a warped perception of what's really the reason for turning the MC down, even though Jill plainly states it herself. As well as completely overlooks it's the MC who forces the public confrontation in the first place.

tl;dr: burnt egos.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
If the conversation turned to Bella, I have a small observation. I have never seen Bella's haters in the thread. If there are a lot of haters Jill, I think she takes first place in terms of the number of negative comments. A lot of people don't like Maya. Some don't like Josy, there was very little negativity towards Sage.
As a Bella simp I'd welcome Bella hate, it's a game ffs, talking shit is fun, especially when the waiting times between episodes are so long. But alas, so far, I guess only Jill and Maya have been deserving of 10 straight pages of shitposting in this thread :Kappa:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Bella being a more mature character (as a person as well) is one of the reasons. She doesn't drag you into pointless drama and although there are still some warnings on her path, she's still relatively drama-free. Also, ever since the beginning of the game, she always has helped the MC, no matter if she gained something by it, so that's certainly something to be admired.

Maya is an oppressed lesbian that has to hide her relationship and lie to MC about it. There's also that tuition problem, so she certainly annoys people.

Josy is relatively drama-free and she's that girl next door, but she's in a relationship with Maya and sandbagged by her issues. Still I haven't seen Josy haters truth to be told.

Jill is naive, like unrealistically naive. She lives in her own bubble and has no idea how the world works, so it annoys certain people. Also her tendency to get involved in things where she has no business is certainly even more annoying.

Sage is fiery and has anger issues, she's also sandbagged by the Chad cheating/gay storyline, so she has no idea what's going on behind her back in her own sorority. Even then I haven't seen Sage haters around here.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
My only complaint regarding Bella is, for supposed "ice queen" things proceed with her frickin' goddamn fast. Her relationship with MC develops way more natural if you manage to mess things up and lock yourself out of staying with her in Ch.3 (effectively putting yourself on friendship path, alas)

But i understand generally this rapid pace is going to be viewed as a good thing. /s

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
As a Bella simp I'd welcome Bella hate, it's a game ffs, talking shit is fun, especially when the waiting times between episodes are so long. But alas, so far, I guess only Jill and Maya have been deserving of 10 straight pages of shitposting in this thread :Kappa:
Sometimes when Bella looks at me, I feel like she wants to eat my liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
lector.gif

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

Honestly i think most Jill bashing isn't due to her flaws u listed, althought they are also part of it.
Most of what i see is cause her looks are often really weird to horrible, depending on the renders, alas the Goblin.
For whatever reason DPC just doesn't manage any continuity with her looks...

Fully agree on Sage, it's damn time she realises what's going on.

Maya, well yes biggest part for me is cause she blocks Josy, i really dislike that throuple and never was interested in Maya. But honestly i'm also fed up with her constant drama, given the choice my MC wouldn'd be friends with her...

Josy, i like her but she needs to make her own decisions and do what it's best for her, even when it hurts others, including Maya.
Her being often on the reciving end of Mayas venting and just taking it doesn't help either.

Bella, yes red flags everywhere, but she is one of the best characters.

Reactions: Sasanid

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I don't think there are jill "haters" per se
Well, hate might be a strong word, but I very actively dislike the goblin, and not just because of her goblinoid features.
Jill is naive, like unrealistically naive. She lives in her own bubble and has no idea how the world works, so it annoys certain people. Also her tendency to get involved in things where she has no business is certainly even more annoying.
And that covers a good part of it.

My MC tells her, repeatedly, to stay the fuck out of his biz, and she keeps sticking her nose in and making shit worse. She is exactly like a religious fundamentalist who believes she knows what's best for everyone, regardless of their wishes.

The renders don't help, of course, because there's simply no way to avoid sounding like a complete sexist if you say "If you'd just keep your mouth shut you'd be okay."

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Well, hate might be a strong word, but I very actively dislike the goblin, and not just because of her goblinoid features.
And that covers a good part of it.

My MC tells her, repeatedly, to stay the fuck out of his biz, and she keeps sticking her nose in and making shit worse. She is exactly like a religious fundamentalist who believes she knows what's best for everyone, regardless of their wishes.

The renders don't help, of course, because there's simply no way to avoid sounding like a complete sexist if you say "If you'd just keep your mouth shut you'd be okay."
If we had the option to tell Jill to stay out of the Tybalt situation (and even the Chad situation), I would. Her getting involved without being asked was really annoying and presented her in a bad light. :cautious:

The bitch deserves to see Bella riding my MC on her kitchen table. :Kappa:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes