Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
So, Quinn overtaking Maya on the cover, with cops trailing her, shit finally getting serious.

Also, first 2 songs on the new music app DPC made, Neils theme, and Passing Time. Wonder if it has anything to do with MC and Jill being at the hospital...

mindblow-mind-explosion.gif

Goddamn I'll have to go back on some theories...

One thing I'm sure though, drama is just beginning, first 2 seasons were all fine and dandy, DPCs finally starting to get serious ! :love:

(and no, I don't believe one bit he wants BaDIK to be the opposite of Acting Lessons)

mojococo

Sep 28, 2017
As a Quinn simp I mean lover, I mean as one of Quinn's bitches, I think it was funnier when you guys were making fun of the posh goblin, please go back to that part...

And about Zoey I have to say that..., I mean she... :unsure::unsure:

Well I can't find bad things to say about Zoey.
But be warned nontheless

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
In the group of three, both girls, Josy and Maya, can fall in love with the MC if they play accordingly. The decision is made in EP7-EP8.

- After Josy and Maya spend the night in the MC's room, the MC is not supposed to joke about it
- in Juno Swin, the MC is supposed to use the water slide with Josy. As he slides with Maya, Derek thinks of fish. Not a good omen. In the end, the MC holds the hands of Josy and Maya.
- In the big decision of which Li the MC wants, the MC should agree with Heather about the jacket. With that, he is better than John, because John is afraid to voice his opinion to Tommy. The MC is also better than Tommy because he only answered so he can get the jacket for his girlfriend. You can believe me when I write that Elena and Heather got wet in this decision because the MC is more man than Tommy and John.
So, am going to be mean and derail this fun train of thoughts right here -- the game doesn't track any of these small choices (there's a DIK RP tied to last one, but it's generic) As such, they can't be used to determine anything down the road.

Although it might worth noting that the scene after J&M spend the night in the MC's room has variants based on whether combined RP for both girls exceed certain threshold (60 in that case) So that's a mechanic which might be used to decide some outcomes (though personally i doubt it'll be serious ones, given DPC's preference towards hanging things on more serious, specific choices)

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Furthermore, variables do not have to be in the form of RP's.
I know; am saying in the game code there's no variables whatsoever attached to these specific choices. The game literally doesn't "remember" what you picked in these instances.

Reactions: ename144

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So only new number is that the animation should be finished in 2 weeks freeing up those 2 workstations. With no report on how many more animations and renders are required it doesn't help to narrow down the ETA.
It's possible it'll take less time -- i think the big animation was mentioned 2 weeks ago, but not necessarily queued for render at that exact time? Could've taken some extra days to tweak it, before it was dropped in the oven, which would also mean shorter time needed to render the remaining half.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Leave out your RP affinity for a moment. DPC has written himself so that he did not want an RP display, because otherwise the players pay more attention so that they collect RP's. Furthermore, variables do not have to be in the form of RP's.

What is important so that the player decides how he wants to have the relationship. So why not joke after the MC comes back to his room? Because it can't be considered a joke if someone wants the throuple. Guess why the MC gets a displeased TSK.
I want solo paths, and I joke everytime, so I'm good !

I know; am saying in the game code there's no variables whatsoever attached to these specific choices. The game literally doesn't "remember" what you picked in these instances.
Not saying you're wrong, and not saying dalli_x is right here.

But DPC hides a lot of things on these routes. I don't think it's as complex as what dalli mentions, like I still don't see Zoey turning bisexual all of a sudden, or Elena having fun with Josy when she doesn't want to cheat anymore, in fact many of his previous theories I don't agree with, but I still like reading his cause they're complex as hell and he's been right in the past about a couple things, still astonished about his observation that if you give more attention to Josy on the throuple, and chose to stay with her instead of going back to Maya at the prep party, she'll later have darker skin and wear MCs sweater instead of regular clothing.

And I theorize a lot, too, so I can't reject anything he says, like at all.

Which brings me to where it could actually be simpler than all of that, cause that's the case, like you said, the game could 'forget' many of these options, cause not really pertinent to the big picture. But RP are real for Josy/Maya, in fact I suppose they're real for mostly all characters in the game, but I think they're predominant in their relationship, cause it could go many ways, and not only because of the 'one or the other' choices we have to make. If on their path, when you meet Becky at the cafeteria, either you're nice to her and 'remember' her, and Josy is pleased, or you don't remember her and make fun of her, then Maya is pleased and Josy is visibly displeased. There's a reason DPC changed the renders, he's seemingly meticulous to a sin, and I'm sure the game will remember that in the future. In both situations, I think we gain RPs with one and loses with the other.

DPC loves to hide stuff in plain sight, and little details of seemingly no importance may in fact reveal the big picture later on, he will make us remember, with the game.

Reactions: dalli_x

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

I want to start this update by thanking everyone for your comments, DMs, and overall support this last week. It means a lot to me, and I can see how many of you care as much as I do about the game, and it is heartwarming. It truly felt like the entire community came together, mourned the changes, and supported the game. Thank you!

I started this week by finishing the main menu's artwork. 20 new art pieces for Season 3 have been added to the main menu, and as promised, I'd like to show you a teaser of it today.

While working on the main menu, I couldn't stop thinking about the title music and the future of the main menu. One thing that has been in the back of my mind for quite some time now is the Music section of the main menu. You know, that button that says Music at the bottom that you probably pressed once and then never used again.

I've never been truly happy with how it looks or functions. Its purpose has more or less been to show and give credit to the CC0 music in the game.

I've wanted to add a proper music player to the main menu for a while, so I spent a day developing one from scratch, and I'd love to show you some of what you can expect from it today.

You no longer have to load a free roam event to listen to the music. You can now access and play the entire music library, barring a few sound files, from the main menu. It is synchronized with your favorite list on the music app of your in-game phone too, and you can manage your favorites from this menu.

To not remove the original functionality of this menu, I've kept a CC0 section with credits and a link to the license.

So, what does the title music have to do with this? Well, from now on, you can set any song of your choice as the startup song for the game. Listen to any song in this music menu and click a button to set the song as the startup/main menu song.

I feel this is the best way to do this since we're at a status quo with the title song, and everyone has a better idea of the replacement title song than the one before them. There will still be a default title song playing from the start, and I won't stop looking for a replacement, but if you wish, you can change it.

While listening to your music, you can also hide the music menu and watch the main menu art without any GUI. I have also added a tips section to the music menu, where you can browse through some of the many useful tips you might have missed.

I hope you will come to like this idea as much as I do.

These changes will come into effect with Season 3, for starters. There are some additional difficulties to deal with if I want this added to Season 1/2, but I haven't ruled out adding this to that main menu.

Aside from this work, I posed Jill's special render set this week. She will get a set consisting of 20 static renders, just like Josy will, for this episode. The theme I've chosen for her set this time is "Surprise gift". I'll show you a preview of this series soon.

I've added code for the special renders in the Rewards app and started placing magazines in the game as unlockables. There is still some work left in this area, but it's just a matter of deciding how to unlock the special renders and testing that it works. Everything else in this area is done, including 2D art, 2D animations, and Pack Quest renders.

Two of my workstations have been rendering that long cutscene-like animation I mentioned a couple of weeks back, and it's about 50% done. I'm very pleased with the rendering speed of this animation; it's been better than I could have hoped. My other PCs have been working on static renders and other animations.

I also continued my work on both writing, posing animations, and static renders this week. I've been feeling very motivated lately, and this only gets reinforced by seeing the to-do list get shorter.

Another week of static render work is coming up. I'll have some updated numbers on the progress for you next week.

Have a nice weekend
Love ya
Dr PinkCake
Yet again, big thanks to N7 for posting this... cant be thankful enough for that.

Not much to say about the dev update here, not really any new numbers, DPC feels good about the progress and his motivation, and that is of course very good news.

For the music, i know some games with music where the music is just played random, and you can decide which songs are in the shuffle and which are not... and i have to say, i dont like that... the music in VNs should be for mood-setting and should fit the scene.

DPC is really good with that... in nearly every scene the music fits the scenario perfectly and is a HUGE boost for the mood setting.

To give the player an option to change the music playlist to the own liking is ok. But hopefully DPC will stay determined to set the right music for the right mood in the scenes when the player doenst change anything... That goes for the startup theme too... i think DPC made the right choices in the past, and will do so now and in the future too, i will not change it... well only if the music annoys me, but so far the music was always a HUGE plus for every scene.

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017
Hello! Do i have to play the Zoe spin off to get next season? I mean, i know who she is, and she seems to be pregnant and it might be mc's child, but its there something else explained in the spin off?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hello! Do i have to play the Zoe spin off to get next season? I mean, i know who she is, and she seems to be pregnant and it might be mc's child, but its there something else explained in the spin off?
You do need to play the Zoey spinoff (the Interlude) as it imports the game from the end of Season 2 which will then be used with the rest of Season 3.

It's very unlikely she's pregnant with the mc's kid. Like, very, very unlikely. As in she's not.

The Interlude really just introduces you to her, but there's nothing really significant identified.
I can assume 4+ but has he ever explicitly stated how many rigs he has and what specs?
The last I heard he had 8 x RTX 3090 GPUs, so they'd be doing most of the heavy lifting.

Last edited:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
They've been on their separate ways for over 6 months, if she's pregnant with the MC, there's something very wrong with her biology.

But yeah, you have to play it, it's not very long though, but very interesting, brings a lot of depth to their backstory, and she has a DIK/Chick affinity gauge, so she's without a doubt (to me, at least) very important to what's incoming.

Reactions: ename144 and shazba

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Bad Bitches suggests that Quinn will be betrayed by HOT sisters. Maybe already during the conversation with the Burkes. Maya knows that Quinn uses the girls to make money. She found out from the MC.

Sag is pissed off at the end of Interlude. Maybe she found out through Maya so the MC knew about it.

Likewise, the MC also knows so that Quinn, Riona and Tommy are using drugs. If the MC tells about it, at the latest then covert investigations could start, because Stephen Burke learned that there is a drug problem on campus.

But all of that is speculation. But a picture of Quinn with the police breathing down her neck only confirms my decision so my MC should have nothing to do with Quinn because she will drag the MC down with her.
1833217197-tumblr_m3ibs7v5yt1rup5moo1_500.gif
:LOL:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
If on their path, when you meet Becky at the cafeteria, either you're nice to her and 'remember' her, and Josy is pleased, or you don't remember her and make fun of her, then Maya is pleased and Josy is visibly displeased. There's a reason DPC changed the renders, he's seemingly meticulous to a sin, and I'm sure the game will remember that in the future. In both situations, I think we gain RPs with one and loses with the other.
The way you act towards Becky in that scene does get a dedicated flag (ep6_remember_becky to be exact) so yeah, that is one of things which the game can use for branching down the road. But that's precisely what's different between this particular event, and the ones dalli_x was using in their theorycrafting -- this is a choice that does get recorded, while those others, well, they don't.

Reactions: Sasanid
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes