JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021

Alonor77

Aug 7, 2017
Hello everyone,

I've tried a lot of games here, but Being a DIK has changed my focus a lot towards good storytelling, so thanks for that and somehow this is missing from the site; good story, atmospheric and soundtrack.

in this sense, have a nice time

Reactions: spl00sh321

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It's been a while since I played the first episodes. Someone help my memory, what are the clues again so that MC should know it's the HOT sisters Quinn is pimping out (and not someone off campus)? On one path he recognises Camila iirc? Quinn and Riona coming out of the bathroom when there's someone behind the hole?
Technically you're right, the MC doesn't know Quinn is pimping the HOTs unless he signs up for the restaurant. But who else would she be offering? The way she phrases the offer suggests she isn't on the menu herself, and the MC doesn't know about the Pink Rose yet. We know the MC is worried that Quinn might use Maya "like she's using Camila" so the MC has clearly connected those dots even on non-restaurant runs.

Which is what makes the MC's cryptic warning so frustrating.

Quinn being the vice president is a legitimate deduction, but not a certainty
No, Quinn being VP is explicitly stated early on:
Quinn_VP_1.jpg Quinn_VP_2.jpg

We also know that the MC knows who Quinn is because he and Derek refer to her by name after she steals their clothes:
Derek_knows_Quinn_1.jpg Derek_knows_Quinn_2.jpg

It's with Sage that mc has unwarranted amnesia, he warned Maya , that's enough. That Quinn can then exploit her as a prostitute, drug mule, drug dealer, underground fighter makes a very small difference
As we keep saying, the MC told Maya that Quinn was evil, but not why or how she was evil, much less provide any anecdotal data to support the claim. Honestly, it would have been better just to have the MC say nothing if his warning was going to be this half-assed.

Do you mind spoiling me how sad it is? I've heard a bit about it and although sad endings aren't my thing, I'm willing to give it a try
Technically the following are spoilers, but IMHO going into Acting Lessons blind is asking for trouble and I'll try to steer clear of direct plot spoilers.

Acting Lessons has a serious tone shift in the last quarter. The game suddenly becomes very dark, and the final act is spent watching what's left of the MC try to recover from the trauma he endured. Depending on how you play you can eventually overcome it and get a relatively 'good' ending given the situation, but it's still lightyears away from the way the game had been presenting itself for the first 6 episodes.

Now some people enjoy the twist, and conceptually I get it. IMHO the game is too heavy handed to work, but to each their own - the quality of the game otherwise is quite high. I just think you need to go in with your eyes open because otherwise the end can come across as a major bait-and-switch.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 22, 2022
That scene with the mask and perfectly fitting music was so endearing. It might be doomed to go with the stripper with a heart of gold, but DPC you have to #LetUsMarryNicole.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes