Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
You should have been able to get ep 8 for free with Melanie as well. I forget if it's because of the 'best ass' comment during movie night or just later telling Quinn you rather like her.

This would be an ideal time to have that interaction between Chad & MC in the admin office come into play again. If you were an asshole, he hates your guts, and lets your junky bitch friend die. If you aimed for leniency, he's the one who finds Quinn and gets her to the emergency room.
We all know who has the best ass. :cool: At that moment it is impossible not to choose Camila

In this version, you need to somehow connect the story of Quinn and Chad. As far as I know they are not very close.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Funny considering the point of my response was to specifically answer your point.
Especially funny considering your reply omitted the actual point i was making, and which followed the part you quoted and addressed. I guess that's another part of your subtlety i've missed.

I was probably a bit too subtle, for someone who missed where the argument that 'nobody made' was actually made in the first place.
Go ahead then, point me to the exact spot where the person you were replying to called DPC "misunderstood genius". To save you some time, "maniac" and "workaholic nutbag" are not synonyms of "misunderstood genius".

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Go ahead then, point me to the exact spot where the person you were replying to called DPC "misunderstood genius". To save you some time, "maniac" and "workaholic nutbag" are not synonyms of "misunderstood genius".
Why would I bother trying to prove anything to someone like you ?

• Angry
Reactions: PappaSchlumpf

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Why did you name your MC just like Josy's father? :cautious:
Peter is a pretty common name.

Hell, I got confused for a moment when Jill was e-mailing someone named Johnathan until I realized it was spelled John instead of Jon since I use Jonathan for my male MCs.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
We all know who has the best ass. :cool: At that moment it is impossible not to choose Camila
Yeah, well.. okay, I really can't argue with you on this one, Cam does have an exceptional ass.
In this version, you need to somehow connect the story of Quinn and Chad. As far as I know they are not very close.
They don't need a story connection, beyond both knowing the MC. Odds are good he's seen you around campus, and uses Rooster, so he'd see the selfie cluck with Quinn if you're chasing her. He could just stumble across her in one of the bathrooms while she's dying.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Given the Fuckface easter egg I wonder if there's any others if you choose different names. Like Bella reacting to an MC called James, or Derek reacting if MC is also Derek.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
What can I say? I dunno, Becky does it for me. :sneaky: It might be the fringe. I had a girlfriend in high school (yes, before any of you stalkers ask, it was that girl...) who had the same kinda fringe. I just like it.

Plus literally less than a month ago, my wife made a similar comment to Becky's about which of the twin's birthday it was (can't remember exactly what my wife said, but I remember laughing my ass off at the time and thinking of Becky).

So that pretty much cements it. :love:

I dunno, there is the entire relationship between Sally and the mc that is mostly built through playing DnG. It's the one major thing that links the mc and the Scooby gang to the nerds.

There are plenty of other things in the game that have nothing to do with "the story". Like:
  • Any discussions with anyone over Swyper.
  • The entire relationship between the mc and Nicole, I mean she's a completely peripheral character, she doesn't tie in with anything of importance.
  • What about Jamie's garden, how meaningless to the plot is that?
  • Also, playing spin the bottle at the DIKs mansion, was that integral to where the mc's headed?
  • Then there's pretty much every sex scene between the mc and girls like Camila, Mona, Melanie or Sarah, or even girls who are seem more important to some plot elements like Riona or Lily. The mc doesn't need to have sex with them for the story to progress.
  • What about all of Derek's foolish antics?
Are you gonna say that all of that is just "padding"? Doesn't it actually add to the experience of the game? I mean, it's a story, but it's also a game, to be played for enjoyment.

So where do you draw the line? Strip out all the comedy, all the side sex, all the minigames, all the side characters, and just steamroll straight to the end of a probably very petty story?

I get that some people don't care to see the mc imagining having sex with people as opposed to him actually having sex with them, but so what? Some people don't care to interact with Quinn, other's can't stand Maya.

What's the "plot" anyway? Boy goes to college. Boy meets new friends, has fun and fucks girls. Boy helps out some of the girls he fucks.
I agree that the attention to 'extraneous' details is what makes BaDIK one of the all time greats, but those details do ultimately come at the cost of longer development time. I liked both D&G sessions, but for me personally the plethora of animated imaginary sex scenes wasn't worth the 2+ weeks they added to Episode 6's development time.

Others will asses them differently and fair enough; we all have different tastes. Still, with the development times steadily increasing, I think we're going to have to find some sort of common ground about what scenes should be prioritized if we're ever going to convince DPC to rein things in. Madame is probably the only consensus target, but even cutting her completely probably won't be enough as the game continues to expand.

A perfect time to have Zoey show up first, making a window for him to get back together with her without violating the constraints of other relationships.
I get the idea, but it seems odd that *only* the M&J path would give you this last minute option. The throuple was the oldest of the options to be established by the time we reach the crossroads, yet it's the only one that remains entirely unimplemented if chosen. It's just weird.

Similarly Madame, even if nobody likes her, is not "insignificant" like D&G, in order to meet her you have to go through two important choices (keeping the vip pass and going to work at the pink rose), and giving her all that money impacts the rest of the game anyway, for example you may not have money to lend to Derek
But the thing is that an MC can make those same "important" decisions and still tell Madame to pound sand when she shows up (as he should!). Likewise a pure CHICK player could potentially run out of money at an inopportune time just by doing badly at minigames and spending money on things like the wallet expansion. If all the things that could potentially make Madame significant can happen (or not happen) independently of Madame herself, that suggests to me that Madame is indeed as irrelevant as she appears to be.

Spicy doesn't necessarily mean another student, yes we see Cam getting hazed by Quinn and can put 2 and 2 together, however if you're not looking for another student then no reason to connect Cam. As the phrase "Spicing things up in the bedroom" usually means dressing up or s&m, Fuckface can easily assume the choice is Rio or an as yet unknown dom/sub (depending on his preference).
I agree the MC doesn't have much reason to suspect Camila's involvement in the restaurant if he turns down Quinn's offer, but somehow the MC draws the correct conclusion. His inner monologue explicitly refers to Quinn using Camila when he considers warning Maya about Quinn's Unending Evil(tm).
MC_knows_Quinn_uses_Camila.jpg
Don't ask me how the MC made this deductive leap when he's normally less observant than a year old sponge - much less why he then backs out of actually warning Maya - but somehow he does.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I agree the MC doesn't have much reason to suspect Camila's involvement in the restaurant if he turns down Quinn's offer, but somehow the MC draws the correct conclusion. His inner monologue explicitly refers to Quinn using Camila when he considers warning Maya about Quinn's Unending Evil(tm).
View attachment 2029618
Don't ask me how the MC made this deductive leap when he's normally less observant than a year old sponge - much less why he then backs out of actually warning Maya - but somehow he does.
It's difficult playing Devil's Advocate and trying to make sense of DPC's sometimes bipolar internal monologues and external dialogues. All I can come up with for this is Fuckface thought Quinn was using Cam for her own sexual pleasure or to torture Fuckface himself in the HOTs bathroom and he's worried she'd use Maya the same way, he's not thinking that Cam is being used by Quinn as a prostitute she rents out and that's what she wants Maya for.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes