ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
I hope that we do not have to chose a final LI for a while yet.

I only have two saves. One where staying with Sage, the other with Bella. (both modified to include most content, eg. I am on M&J, Jade and Cathy paths)
The problem I have with too many saves is having to repeatedly play through free-roam (even partially), rooster and swyper

Reactions: xsssssssss

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Part of the problem here is that, quite frankly, Being a DIK is pulling a fast one on us. From poking around in the game code, we know Maya and Josy will reject the MC in Episode 4 if he has a DIK affinity, or if he never had sex with either of them. Yet when a rejected MC plays through both girl's scenes in Episode 5, we learn they each would have been in favor of the relationship if not for the other girl.

So even though there ARE objective reasons for them to reject the MC, carefully modeled by existing game mechanics, the game will lie to us about those reasons when queried. It's the classic case of someone being voted down unanimously, only for each of the voters to assure the loser in private that they were out voted.

Similarly, when the MC is just friends with them, they will endlessly talk up their attraction. When the MC agrees to be their combined boyfriend, well, now it's nothing special. I think some of it is fear of angering the player again after the fallout from Episode 4. But mostly I think it just comes down to trying to maximize the impact of each individual path.

It seems to me that DPC feels the different branches are free to have their own continuity. So if we follow Maya, in that branch it really was Josy who was hesitant to include the MC; if you follow Josy, it really was the other way around. If that is what DPC thinks, then IMHO he's just wrong. That sort of subjective narrative will invariably confuse the players, and it ultimately undermines the impact of the player's choices because it turns out there are a bunch of other variables crowding those choices out.

What I find so irksome about this particular case is that the problem could have been solved by forcing the MC to take a real interest in the other girls from the start. While the player can choose to avoid sex with Maya and Josy, the MC is absolutely going to make out with and crush on both of them in the first 3 Episodes no matter what we do. But with Bella and Sage, even though the MC shows interest in them, we can actually choose to remain remarkably chaste: a one-time drunken kiss with Bella, and a few not-necessarily-sexual embraces with Sage. Even with Jill, while the MC must date her, we can decline to kiss her at all and are specifically given the option to make that date about sticking it to Tybalt rather than genuine interest in Jill.

That's why it's so weird that the instant the trio form their joint relationship, the MC won't stop declaring he's still dating other girls. He mentions it in the Episode 4 wrap-up. He mentions it to Derek. He mentions it in the video call at night. And it's one of his first concerns when they finally have their big discussion at the picnic. Where the hell was this insistence on playing the field when you were refusing to so much as flirt with Sage, MC? When the MC complains about Josy and Maya cheating on each other, we saw that happen. When the MC insists he's not ready to commit to Maya and Josy, that really depends on what we chose as the player.

If the MC had pursued Sage, Jill and Bella with the same determination he had pursued Maya and Josy, I could believe he was genuinely confused about just how serious his feelings for Maya and Josy are. It would still be weird for the two of them to risk their relationship on a 'no strings' deal, but at least then it could be seen as a concession to how much it mattered for the MC to be sure this was the real deal.

Instead, despite an MC demonstrating time and again that Maya and Josy meant more to him than any of the other girls, the game will refuse to reflect those decisions in this one area. Which would be an easily acceptable oversight if this matter weren't such a crucial part of the Maya/Josy path. I really don't get why it was done this way, but there we have it. Let's hope the problem either doesn't last long or is better handled going forward.

Anyway, I've ranted on this topic several times now. I guess I really needed to sort out my thoughts, but this is going to have to be my final word on the matter.
Definitely not trying to drag you into again. It's the forced aspect that drives me nuts. The MC can turn down almost everyone but no matter what he gets dragged into the middle of the Josy/Maya love triangle. Drives me nuts as well.

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
I just gave you a hint that in the current script for ep.1 - ep.5 the RP-points are not used as one would expect. They have almost no influence on the game. The following is a list of the effects on the game/story that I could find in the script using extensive search over all script files :

RPnerds : no effect on gameplay
RPjocks : no effect on gameplay
RPpreps : no effect on gameplay
RPdiks : if RPdiks > 4 : Pink Rose, Tommy buys mc a lapdance
RPhot : not used at all

RPmaya :
in ep.3 : "Play with her pussy (Maya likes you)" if RPmaya > 14 (-> ep3_lewd_maya_full)
in ep.5 : "Caress Maya": "Cheek": if RPmaya > 20: extra-screen with kiss

RPjosy :
in ep.5 : "Ass job": if RPjosy > 10: (-> ep5_lewd_josy_full)
in ep.5 : "Caress Josy": "Thigh": if RPjosy > 10: extra-screens

RPsage : no effect on gameplay
RPisabella : no effect on gameplay
RPjill : in ep.3 : Dungeons & Gremlins : if RPjill > 2: ji "...heal [name] with...a spell?"
RPderek : no effect on gameplay

At the moment RP-points are mostly used to decide which comment is used for BIOS and the end-of-episode-report, e.g. :
if RPjocks < 0:
$ bios_history_chad += "I got into an argument with the jocks over Sage. I didn't get off to a good start with them.\n\n"
or
if RPmaya > 0:
$ report_text += "If it wasn't for what just happened...I'd say we get along great."

These comments for BIOS or reports have no influence on the current story, so they don't effect the gameplay.

There is a screen definition (endingGirlScreen) to display a score for each main LI at the end of the game, how many points (%) mc got with them, but it seems it isn't used yet.

Decisions in the game are mostly influenced by affinity, status (DIK points) and earlier actions.

Example 1 : the M&J - decision for more than friends :
Requires : (ep2_fuckedJosy or ep3_mayaLewd) and affinity != "DIK" -> $ pathMayaJosy = True
ep2_fuckedJosy has no RP-requirement. It's the 2nd date where she asks mc to stay over night.
ep3_mayaLewd has no RP-requirement. MC has to offer to help Maya and has to choose to go home to Maya instead of staying at the party.

Example 2 : Isabella
Bella doesn't use her RP-points but a special system of ep3_bella_counter to determine if ep3_bella_came_around.
ep3_bella_counter is influenced by :
ep2_triedToKissBella, ep2_peekedBella, "Pay for her meal", ep1_insulted_cafeteria_worker, ep1_beat_up_troy, failedEnglish + failedMath, ep3_wearHelmet
What you say about bella are events that add or subtract RP and condition the conversation about you with jill, do the test yourself, I did it during a game in which she rejects me (supposedly as you say for having hit troy or been insulted by the waitress), I charged game just when she goes to talk to jill , I put more RP with the console and then if he spoke well of me. You can check it yourself too, if before the conversation with bella troy asks you if you are going to hit it again and the waitress will insult you, after the conversation with bella not add RP, but if those events do not occur at the end of the conversation with bella sums 2 RP. Dpc said to focus on our decisions, because they are the ones that add up or subtract events, but these decisions condition the RP and the RP scenes. Do what I say about adding RP with the console to bella on a tour where the requirements are not met and see for yourself how it speaks well of you.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
No, not at all. The condition for rejection in that conversation is being a DIK or not, RP is irrelevant.
Conversations slightly change if you are a DIK, slightly.
Ok we're all going to try this relationship and instead of being faithful to each other now we can fuck anyone/anywhere which means only the MC will because no NTR.
FTFY :ROFLMAO:
First - What does FTFY mean? Let me in on the joke
Second - I know no NTR but that isn't what drives me nuts about that scene is that Maya is the one who wants it. I could see the MC pushing for it but why would Maya do it?

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Just curious and I might have to try it tomorrow but can you go through and intentionally fail everything including fail the DIK evaluation? Has anyone tried it?

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Unlike most people, I'm not sure Maya's speech called for an open relationship. I do not reject this possibility, we will see later. But Maya also said that commitment should come from everyone's heart and not be imposed from outside.
DPC may give us a free hand to try elsewhere, but it's also possible that it's a catch and the calculation of our commitment to the polyamory relationship has begun.

Gh0st_Harambe

Formerly '-Eyez-'
Mar 9, 2020
I agree that Maya doesn't appear to be looking for anyone else, but I don't think that's why she wants no strings anyway. I think she wants it because she thinks that's what will keep Josy and MC happy so they'll stay with her. Like I said above, I think Maya is afraid of being alone. She knows MC is seeing other people. She knows Josy cheated on her with MC. From her point of view, it's probably better to let her partners do what they want and come home to her than put restrictions on an already confusing relationship and risk driving them away.

(Also, I wouldn't put much stock in the Quinn kiss. It wasn't a romantic or sexual kiss, it was Quinn asserting dominance by making Maya uncomfortable.)
She does that so that she is not alone, besides Derek she has no one else

Reactions: Laurelin

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
As for Gandhi, that dude was getting ass left, right, and center.
Gandhi had four children before he was 32, and was celibate for the rest of his life. Now, he did deliberately tempt himself to test his dedication to his religious principles, and those could be pretty abusive (not violent, but definitely very handsy) towards the women involved, and can be very easily misinterpreted by modern standards, but he did remain celibate, according to the women involved. Of course, his parents arranged his marrage at 13.

Last edited:

The5thguy

Mar 2, 2020
Maybe not "under pressure", but revealing true character? I think it's pretty spot on:

-Beat up Troy/Fight Jocks/Fight Caleb/Hit Tybalt- Is violence an acceptable solution?
-Get the number of Quinn's restaurant/The Pink Rose: Party without limits- Is it okay to trade money for sex/use women as sexual objects?
-Mini-mart : Ignore Steve- Do you care about people in distress, even if it's someone you don't like personally?
-Gender Studies (Jade) : Take it further- Are you willing to cross the line with a teacher? With a married woman?
-Smoke weed- Are you okay with drug use?

While not all "under pressure" scenarios, I do think they are all scenarios that reveal something meaningful about MC's true character, depending on how you play him.

I think there will probably be a proper "threesome" ending with M/J, but it will likely be the trickiest one to get.

Agreed, I think Mel is Chad's side chick and Sarah knows, and Mel is asking Sarah for reassurance that she'll have her back when it hits the fan.

That said, since I was firmly in the "Chad is gay" camp until that scene, it does have me wondering what role, if any, Troy serves to the story. It seemed like he and Chad were going to be a thing, but now I'm thinking not, so what's Troy's deal? Just a red herring? Surely there's more to it than that...

I don't think Maya is the least sexually open (of the main girls, that's probably Jill), I think she's the least sexually open WITH MEN. I also think the "no strings" thing makes sense coming from her, because she's scared she'll end up alone. If she keeps things open, she protects herself from being totally vulnerable, in case one or both of her lovers leaves her. She's also aware that both Josy and MC have been with other people, and if she clamps down they might pull away.
A lot of the DIK choices seem to go against how it's explained the MC was raised honestly. The father says things in the beginning like "have safe sex, don't do drugs, and only fight defensively." plus his actions in certain plot points seem like he wouldn't be an overly DIKish character.
Yeah i was thinking Chad might be gay too before that scene honestly would probably make him a better character but there's some comments theories that could explain it well.
I think something more will happen with the MC's first crush since the story went out of it's way to describe their relationship and she get's her own bio. It seems like both those would be unnecessary if she wasn't going to be somewhat related to future events.

Reactions: Hrllav

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Just curious and I might have to try it tomorrow but can you go through and intentionally fail everything including fail the DIK evaluation? Has anyone tried it?
MC always wins the Gay Guard Catcher and gets the most credit for the 100 Beer task so no you can't fail/not get the credit for every task. Everything else though Derek will do whatever the MC in your play through misses.

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

Dec 20, 2019
You can lose to Derek in the evaluation but not fail the evaluation.

MC always wins the Gay Guard Catcher and gets the most credit for the 100 Beer task so no you can't fail/not get the credit for every task. Everything else though Derek will do whatever the MC in your play through misses.
In my CHICK playthrough, Derek gets the credit for 100 beer, Derek told Rusty I have more beer bottles in my cooler. Not sure what I did there, maybe failed my beer game because I have already unlocked the render, or maybe missed out on the beer game during free roam in Maya's room.

I did try to not wear the dildo helmet that often but it was still voted in my favor.

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
You can lose to Derek in the evaluation but not fail the evaluation.

In my CHICK playthrough, Derek gets the credit for 100 beer, Derek told Rusty I have more beer bottles in my cooler. Not sure what I did there, maybe failed my beer game because I have already unlocked the render, or maybe missed out on the beer game during free roam in Maya's room.

I did try to not wear the dildo helmet that often but it was still voted in my favor.
Derek says the same thing in my playthrough but my MC still ends up getting the point. I'm not sure if playing the drinking mini game (or not) while at Bella's/Sage/Derek actually counts towards getting the most credit for the beer task might have to try it out.

znerun

Oct 23, 2017
hello!

When I go to the rooster app and clock on the chat icon for lily, ( I want to get the tequila quest) I get this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode5/ep5_freeroam_ano.rpy", line 68, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode5/ep5_freeroam_ano.rpy", line 68, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 102, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 102, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 245, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 246, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 264, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 272, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 276, in execute
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode5/ep5_freeroam_ano.rpy", line 68, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode5/ep5_freeroam_ano.rpy", line 68, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 245, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 246, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 264, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 272, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 276, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 276, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.5.0
Sun Jun 07 21:59:12 2020
Download a fresh copy of walkthrough mod if you are using one.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
So if we want to have that sexy fun time with Cath I have to abandon the MxJ route damn it I'm trying to get all the Mil Teachers.

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
I wonder how much longer until Vinny shows up in the present day, we've only seen him so far in flashbacks.

I personally think he'll be revealed as Quinn's supplier.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
In ep.1 Maya says to the mc that he is different ... and that she is different, too.

From the beginning both Josy and Maya behave different from the other girls in the game. They establish a more emotional and much closer relationship with mc which is not only based on sex but goes deeper. That's one of the reasons why I favour Josy and Maya as Love Interests.
(In comparison : The relation with Sage is more superficial and focuses more on sex, the relation with Jill is evolving very slowly, the relation with Bella is handicapped by her psychological trauma.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
From what I’ve seen you could conclude Josy is full on bisexual. While I think Maya could be considered demisexual. This is when someone only gets sexually attracted to people they have an emotional bond with. I think it would explain her quite well. She only ever felt that level of closeness to Josy before but MC being all charming, kind, helpful, and forgiving helped her find him attractive.

Nope, and it's not likely to ever happen in this game.
i think we could get a couple of DPs, 1 would be Elena. Can’t imagine us cucking MCs brother, but can imagine him inviting MC to join. May also be the case they are swingers, they like hanging in their underwear at parties, but MC might need to share something of his own if that’s the case.

could also see a DP of sorts on Maya with Josy strapping one on. Feel like Maya is the submissive one and Josy is the ‘fun’ one.

It's the MC's 19th birthday, I think
yes, I think it is 19th. In the US you can attend college starting at 17 I think depending on where school years fall around your birthday.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Responsible for millions of death as well

He was a CUCK who gave everything easy to his opponents for free

Got the country partitioned in which millions of people died
While people were getting killed and r@ped he was doing non-violence sh!t
Ghandi is also somewhat a racist, but forget about that this is not the place to discuss about controversial figures.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Responsible for millions of death as well

He was a CUCK who gave everything easy to his opponents for free

Got the country partitioned in which millions of people died
While people were getting killed and r@ped he was doing non-violence sh!t

Gandhi deserves some of the blame for the violence during partition, no doubt, though not so much for his actions during partition as for his willingness to ignore Jinnah's concerns about the treatment of Muslims, and his willingness to ignore problems which seemed smaller than independence. But Jinnah is as much to blame, and so is Nehru. And of course, the British colonial powers deserve the most blame for the 100 year or so of fanning sectarian division. Anytime colonial powers came in and destroyed existing power structures, it led to violence after decolonization. It's not like India and Pakistan were one big happy nation before the British showed up - it was a very diverse and complicated political landscape. The British simplified things for their own benefit, and the independence agreement was far from perfect, but I don't thing you can lay the blame for that entirely on Gandhi. And saying he was a cuckold is decidedly nonsense, and unrelated to your argument.

My post wasn't about that, though, but about the inadvisability of judging historic figures by modern day standards. It seldom gives you a useful understanding of events and people.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
First - What does FTFY mean? Let me in on the joke
Second - I know no NTR but that isn't what drives me nuts about that scene is that Maya is the one who wants it. I could see the MC pushing for it but why would Maya do it?
Fixed That For You. It just feels a "You can still have sex with other women because I don't want to lock you in yet, this is totally Maya speaking, not DPC".

Probably because she's the more conservative one in that regard, so if she proposes it it's to be expected than everyone else agrees. I can't help but think on meta explanations, but barely any ingame ones.

Reactions: ename144
4.80 star(s) 1,498 Votes