Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Honestly, DPCs implementation of free roam just sucks. If you take away the time you waste trying to figure out how to make the story progress (or play the pack quest), the playtime of this update (per branch) is actually not that long, and comparing it to the development time is just a joke at this point.

Renders and story were good as expected, but that kind of takes the fun out of playing
yeah iam with you here... the episode is just one big free roam, and thats not what i expected... iam not that big of a fan of the free roams, so far they were ok and the scenes in them were fun. Not this time though... it felt like a chore. Well... on this note, DPC delivered perfectly, cause for the MC the party was more a chore than fun too right? Did he even had fun (besides the sex)?

Yeah the branching is kinda "huge" every path the whole party is different (not that much though like DPC stated) but still... its the same party all along. I have 16 savegames. But i think it will be the first time iam not playing evey single of them, cause there will nothing new to discover anyways. Will play each main girl, so 5 playthroughs. And the sixth will be my "others" path were i focus on riona and lily more... and thats it. I have tried so many different things in season 2, but with this episode all of it kinda felt wasted.

And iam a little bit concerned too where this game will be heading now.

First... DPC obviously loves the free roams, with each episode we got more and more of them, with way more time consuming stuff. I didnt mind it so far, cause the "normal" scenes were at least half of a episode too and the free roams and minigames makes the game more "alive". This time, 99% free roam. I really dont like that, thats way too much. Especially for the storytelling it sucks ass. I am afraid we will see more episodes where the free roams will a bigger part than the rest.

Second, the render numbers felt kinda "fake" over 5000 renders, yeah might be that way, but if every render is in the same 10 rooms just with slighty difference, it feels like a "cheap way out" to just increase the numbers without that much effort. Lets face it, a blink with an eye is already a new render image or a new placed bottle, and he did exactly that many times in this episode. The whole thing felt more like 1000 renders at top, episode 7 and 8 felt MUCH bigger, without the minigames and "free roam-chores" the whole episode 9 is one of the shortest i remember... for this timespan of a wait? REALLY not worth it. I paid for it, will not do so for the next update, at least not the full price.

For the plot, nothing got further... well at least the episode as kicked many things really off (but it felt like this after many peisodes, but DPC didnt dealt with it in the next), ep 10 has to deal with a lot of stuff, but i have a feeling... DPC will not do so. I mean, he had to deal with a lot stuff for this episode too after ep 7 and 8, didnt felt like he did, no scratch that, he didnt dealt with that much things, way to few. The whole party more or less postponed everything. And thats a huge problem like i see it... we all know from our schooldays and everyday live... postponing will lead to pile up...the pile will get bigger and bigger (regarding being a dik its a mount everest already) and at some point you have to deal with way to much in a very short time to get it at least somewhat done. Wich will lead to a sloppy work. (game of thrones season 7 and 8 anyone? exactly that was the big problem there, and DPC is heading that way too)

I played it from scratch to get better into the feeling after this wait, and can easily say, episode 9 is my least favorite so far. Especially for the plots i expected way more... AND for the fun times? In every single episode there were many things to laugh about and having a good time too... i didnt laugh this time. The humor was either dumb where only drunk people would laugh, or not worth a laugh anyways. DPC couldnt deliver there either. And thats a first. And as i said, the whole party was way more like a chore then everything else. At least it felt like this for me.

For episode 10, please less free roam, less "chores", more plot development, and a timejump would be a good thing too. Jump over christmas and all that, we already had enough christmans in this episode for my liking. and WAY WAY WAY more different locations with REALLY different scenes.

rogghuggcogg

Dec 4, 2018
Man im dissapointed in DrPinkCake like hes punishing people for modding his game but its like what if i did everything on his game completed everything then my computer gets corrupted and i have to reinstall windows ok alright i snag the files i had and run right well my fucking usb corrupted too which means i had to start all over again and after a while its like bruh im not looking too play this game for 300 hours just to get all the paths again wish drpinkcake would not punish people for trying to get back to where they already were.

• Angry
Reactions: Hahn1900

flamingtiki

Mar 8, 2022
Yeah, I think we can all agree that this episode is the worst we had.
What make it even worse, is that it took almost a year to cook an episode that has barely any content story wise.
Most of the episode is just a free roam in the DIK mansion where you babysit everyone.
The good? Being on Sage path or others path, where you get some content at least. Sage was especially hot in this episode. Loved the animations, and you can tell DPC got better compared to other episodes.

The dinner, which was one of the thing a lot wanted to see after episode 8 "fuck fuck fuck" cliffhanger, was a letdown in my opinion. The obvious happen Maya didn't get her scholarship, strangely, after she said she was with the HOTs
We also did get some answers like, who is actually pregnant, then, again, a let-down (unless DPC surprise us).

But yeah, not a good update... I hope that DPC don't get arrogant and see that this episode didn't please the players, to the point that even on reddit, where they generally suck his dick, were not happy about it. And that he actually brings back storytelling and less fucking free roam! I get that it can be good, but this time it was the whole fucking episode!
Hundred percent agree with you. It just really sucks waiting for this long for it and it really only being one single free roam event. I dont think it was bad just for the amount of waiting it left alot to be desired. I was expecting more tho, I hope the next update wont take to long.

Reactions: laola2kk

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
Every single update drooling morons with modded saves cry about crashes, it never fails to amaze me how many of them are out there.
Um, some people with clean saves (didn't play/save with a mod installed) were crashing/having issues too. This update just caused issues for many (modded/un-modded players)

I never play any of these games modded but my gosh, the journey on trying to figure out what choice combinations you need to make are insane sometimes +_# especially with many LI's. If you can figure everything out (choice combination wise) you smart xD

Reactions: Erotica Biblion

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I just want to tell everybody a few things (advices/warnings):

FIRST: Episode 9, if you don't disable "special effects" in the options ---> settings menu, the haunted house minigame will be a nightmarish unpleasant experience. So, disable "special effects" when you enter the haunted house and when the light turns off.

SECOND: the fucking damn key in the skeleton cage is here: https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-9-0-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-9625255

THIRD: Episode 9 will hugely disappoint you if you played 1 gameplay only or just a couple of different gameplays. The game HUGELY branches after the main choice towards the end of Episode 8. If you only played a DIK gameplay and a Chick gameplay only, you will be disappointed.
You'd better play a Sage DIK path, a Sage neutral/chick path, an Others DIK path, a Jill path, a Bella path, and a Josy&Maya path at least.

Remember: the more different paths you play after the end of Episode 8 the more you will enjoy the game from now on.

This is what BaDIK has become.

Schipp1988

Dec 5, 2021
Isn't the Interlude included with this update? I think it is. You have the option to play it right before chapter 9. Yet personally the interlude really sucks. I don't really like Zoey as a character.
Indeed i did not mind Zoe before in the game, but the interlube season just sucks.
I hope this new update is better, and we can play with the guy again and not with Zoey.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes