Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes

white_trash

Jan 20, 2018
nvts Gudfella

It looks to me that those images somehow got corrupted in the compressed versions

Try pasting these 2 images into Being a DIK\game\images\classes\math101
I did that and although now on the test screen there are 4 instances of <image "math choice"> not found over the choices, the error has disappeared. The files were indeed probably corrupted. Thank you very much!

CaptainFex

May 31, 2018
nvts Gudfella

It looks to me that those images somehow got corrupted in the compressed versions

Try pasting these 2 images into Being a DIK\game\images\classes\math101
It didnt work for me :(

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png'>:
  File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 159, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 159, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 159, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 159, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 763, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
    st, at)
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\merca\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc_Kompressed\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
    raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.3.0
Sat Aug 17 21:24:18 2019

Last edited:

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
No, you were right, unless it's an intermittent issue... I had the dev console enabled while I waited for the patched mod and once I installed it I get the duplicate defines error (I did not nest the 'game' folders)

Disabling dev console fixed it for me. Re-enabling it once I had launched the game with the mod also worked.
Yeah, it kept itching. Even drunk out of my mind I can't imagine I'd be silly enough to nest the game folders. I just tested it and I found this:
1. If you enable the developer console before starting the game, the error occurs.
2. If you enable the developer console after having started the game once, everything works just fine (and keeps working fine at least a couple of times :)).

I suppose a programmer knows what's going wrong in the first case; I don't have a clue. If scrappy wants to take a look at it, the error.txt is in https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-walkthrough-cheat-mod-v0-3-0-scrappy.29402/post-2280076. Until it's fixed, just start the game once before running unren.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Kudos on the mod. This makes the perfect complement to the game. Having to look up dialog choices constantly was very immersion breaking for me and now I don't have to do that anymore. I also like the way you're handling the tests so people can have just as much or as little help as they want with them. The main things I wanted from the mod were the dialog hints and an easy way to bypass the gender studies tests. Now I can focus on just playing the game and having fun with it.

Reactions: Burt and ontach

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Man this game would be pretty much unplayable for me without this mod. I really hope it never dies, and i'm more than happy to just chill for a week or so extra for every release if that what it takes.

Hopefully more people here will possess themselves with some patience.

Reactions: B-52reloaded

ThunderL

Jul 17, 2019
Do you need to have the tool running with the game? If so, you should probably edit that in. Also, it lags my laptop so bad for a while. Might just have too many stuff open.

Edit: Nope, just that the stuff had to be finished first before closing the tool. Also, I still can't see the green highlighted text; might have to restart from beginning (I only saw the DIK text for the point for one choice then that's it). If anyone knows how to fix this, mind helping me out?

Last edited:

TPS1

Jun 29, 2017
At the cost of sounding like a big dumb idiot, how do I set it up so I can see what the choices ala dialogue will impact in terms of relationship/DIK?

and_tiradentes

Dec 17, 2018
I need some help guys :/

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'/home/tom/ab/renpy/renpy/common/000atl.rpy', 1504313599, 0)
 is defined twice, at renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25 and game/BeingADIK-030-pc/Being
ADIK-0.3.0-pc/renpy/common/000atl.rpyc:25.

- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/home/and-abarbosa/BeingADIK/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "/home/and-abarbosa/BeingADIK/renpy/main.py", line 373, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script()  # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "/home/and-abarbosa/BeingADIK/renpy/script.py", line 271, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "/home/and-abarbosa/BeingADIK/renpy/script.py", line 775, in load_appropriate_file
    self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
  File "/home/and-abarbosa/BeingADIK/renpy/script.py", line 452, in finish_load
    check_name(node)
  File "/home/and-abarbosa/BeingADIK/renpy/script.py", line 435, in check_name
    bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'/home/tom/ab/renpy/renpy/common/000atl.rpy', 1504313599, 0) is defined twice, at renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25 and game/BeingADIK-030-pc/BeingADIK-0.3.0-pc/renpy/common/000atl.rpyc:25.

Linux-5.0.0-25-generic-x86_64-with-debian-buster-sid
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes