Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Atrin021

Nov 5, 2017
Well first I'll have to check the changes made to previous versions and fix/change those then check the new version, update the cheats and do walkthroughs for free roams and then test it all so it'll take a few days.
Thanks for your hard work man
you're always the best :love: (y)

Samken

Respected User
Jul 20, 2017
More work for Scrappy, PinkCake added more checks to the code, if you guys have a modded save it'll boot you out pretty early on.

lovehate

Jun 29, 2017
Yeah if you tried to use 1NewCheatMod for loading your saves then you should rename it at least :) 0.8.0 has this:

Python:
if renpy.loadable("1NewCheatMod.rpyc"):
    $ persistent._clear(progress=True)
    $ renpy.save_persistent()
    $ renpy.quit()

lovehate

Jun 29, 2017
It's not gonna be today since I don't have time to work on it I just quickly checked the crashes. Pinkcake must really hate this mod since he keeps adding things to prevent it from working.

Now what you should do:
  1. Download the mod error fix from the game thread (You might not need this step)
  2. Use unren to enable developer console
  3. Load your save and press SHIFT+O
  4. type cheatcat = ""
  5. type def_cheat = ""
Also you guys may try to type and execute cheatcat2 = "" and cheatcat3 = "" for this guide

Reactions: Patan

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
Not sure why dev hates cheats this much tbh. It's not a competitive online game...
He want us to use his ingame, not someone elses Mod. So, he doesn't hate his own mod. Guess Scrappy has to do something about this, wish him luck when he wakes up and have time do something for all impatient people! :ROFLMAO: (y)

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
He want us to use his ingame, not someone elses Mod. So, he doesn't hate his own mod. Guess Scrappy has to do something about this, wish him luck when he wakes up and have time do something for all impatient people! :ROFLMAO: (y)
As long as you aren't paying him money he doesn't want you to use anything, not even a picture of his "game". :sneaky:

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
What does it mean "when he wakes up"? Is he sleeping? He is a human? :eek: - Aren't the all modders is AI that work on a server, powered by a free power source? Parsing code, fixing bugs and translation errors in the original code 24\7? :unsure:

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
What does it mean "when he wakes up"? Is he sleeping? He is a human? :eek: - Aren't the all modders is AI that work on a server, powered by a free power source? Parsing code, fixing bugs and translation errors in the original code 24\7? :unsure:
If this was meant at me, please reread what I wrote and try to use your brain, please!

Patan

May 28, 2017
Okay, I've found more cheat checks in the freeroam events. This is only a hotfix and you might find something that i missed.
Place the content of the zip into the game folder.
The game might give an error the first time you start it, just restart.

If you know how to enable the developer console (unren), you can also set the cheatcat variable to "".
cheatcat=""

You will still need the update8.rpy file.
From the main thread. I m still downloading the game so didnt get a chance to check it. Maybe people who already downloaded can look at it and be a help for scrappy as well.

Edit: if you click on the quote it will show you the main thread, there is an attachment. Doesnt show on the quote.

Patan

May 28, 2017
Has the dev ever elaborated on why he insists on adding the barriers?
Apperatnly dev has their own walkthrough which i believe behind payment. But this what saw from other people messages might not be 100% corrrect.

PocketSand

Jan 11, 2018
Apperatnly dev has their own walkthrough which i believe behind payment. But this what saw from other people messages might not be 100% corrrect.
Bro what? If that is true... That's actually hillarious, it's obnoxious when devs hide extra content behind a code, but it's sort of understandable right? But to hide a walkthrough behind a paywall... wow... that is... that's just funny

Reactions: TheGuyverOne
4.70 star(s) 31 Votes