Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Monetauro

Nov 18, 2019
Hey guys, i got a question here. If i want to start over (like i always do) on version 0.8.0 with no mod, after the mod gets updated to 0.8.0 will my save be compatible?
Should i start over from 0.7.2 with the mod and then wait for the 0.8.0 mod to transfer my save or that wouldn't work? I'm asking cause i have zero knowledge about coding so i have no idea if in this update (having something updated on renpy) may break or just straight up make it incompatible with the modded version once it gets finished.
If the save is clean, I don't see why you couldn't add the updated mod whenever you want.

If you have the old version of the game, you can start a save for it to play with the old mod, no problem. When you get to the part of this last EP, go to the updated version of the game and put the mod updated to 0.8, normally.
Is the DPC really aganist this mod? Why is he added this mod to the "Extras" section on his game's page then? If the DPC is really aganist this mod, I don't know what to say really. This mod is a gem. Without this mod, I wouldn't have enjoyed the game this much.
No game pages on this site are controlled by the creators of the respective games. Even when the first post is from one of them, sometimes they are not allowed to modify the OP. And when they are, they are never 100% in control.

May 12, 2020
In update8.rpy

Python:
if renpy.loadable("1NewCheatMod.rpyc"):
    $ persistent._clear(progress=True)
    $ renpy.save_persistent()
    $ renpy.quit()
Dr PinkCake is one of the few developers that are actually worth subscribing too, with consistent updates and good content, but come on, thats just sad...
Seems to me like all that's necessary to fix the problem is to comment out those 4 lines of code.

list101

Mar 18, 2019
Is the DPC really aganist this mod? Why is he added this mod to the "Extras" section on his game's page then? If the DPC is really aganist this mod, I don't know what to say really. This mod is a gem. Without this mod, I wouldn't have enjoyed the game this much.
There are warnings against using the mod in the beginning of the official thread. It could break your saves. However that's to be expected for any mod in general. The mod could change some variables which are co-dependent - some saves may crash. Once using the mod - it is wise to wait for the updated mod before playing the update... or start from the beginning.

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
No game pages on this site are controlled by the creators of the respective games. Even when the first post is from one of them, sometimes they are not allowed to modify the OP. And when they are, they are never 100% in control.
True. And I think that's awesome.

Reactions: Monetauro

alcapone847

Dec 16, 2017
Scrappy, God bless you, man. Thank you for your hard work.

P.S. It's funny how people are all shocked and surprised DPC is so against mods and stuff. Have you talked to the fella? His ego dwarfs empire state building. Heaven forbid someone changes something in his perfect creation.
Picasso often portrayed himself as a Minotaur, with a bull's head on a man's body, or the other way around as a centaur. Some folks are just artists.

Reactions: tipsytopsy

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
So after finishing the update, I’m wondering what’s going to be done about certain branching paths and the like. At the moment it seems like scrappy will be able to do what he usually does and give the ability to just take all of them. However, now it’s a bit hazy if these paths are going to be like earlier choices where it only has some minor callbacks from time to time that really just add different flavors; or will it be full on dedicated stories that don’t connect the way earlier choices did. Personally I’m a bit spoiled and prefer to be on all branches and scenes if it doesn’t break the game. But whatever happens, I’m sure the mod will continue to be great.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Jade scene on episode 4 seems to be really meaningful for the story, in an extent that it was impossible for being coded without one path conflicting the other. There's a solution for that, which is using the variables label on the cheat menu and activating both paths.
Pretty sure Bella finding Jades panties in her car is the deal breaker variable here. That kinda pissed me off across chapters. Was so happy this mod let you get around that made no sense to me why those paths would be exclusive. Same with taking the pictures for Tybalts presentation. Again, this mod is what makes the game fun and playable.. really wouldn't be the same without Scrappy's hard work.

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
If the save is clean, I don't see why you couldn't add the updated mod whenever you want.

If you have the old version of the game, you can start a save for it to play with the old mod, no problem. When you get to the part of this last EP, go to the updated version of the game and put the mod updated to 0.8, normally.
Thanks, i'm playing 0.7.2 with the mod while i wait for the big man scrappy to finish his work!
If i encounter something weird i'll try to leave a post here explaining in case it might be useful.

Reactions: Monetauro

Alicja Erberg

Jun 28, 2017
In update8.rpy

Python:
if renpy.loadable("1NewCheatMod.rpyc"):
    $ persistent._clear(progress=True)
    $ renpy.save_persistent()
    $ renpy.quit()
Dr PinkCake is one of the few developers that are actually worth subscribing too, with consistent updates and good content, but come on, thats just sad...
That's quite nasty honestly. If he is bothered by people asking him about errors of the modded game, after the cheat check there should be a disclaimer that a modded version is unsupported so don't bother asking him about any bugs or how the game plays out and continue playing the game at your own risk.

Tyledon

Dec 26, 2019
I love Being A DIK, but Dr Pink Cake not so much. I've been supporting being a DIK in the patreon for like almost a year now. Asked in the discord if the crash was related to the game or if it was due to something else. Got banned instantly from the discord and patreon. :( I guess I get it that he doesn't like modded talks, but damn. Didn't even get a warning or a reason for the ban. Broke my heart.

dart9111

Apr 18, 2021
I love Being A DIK, but Dr Pink Cake not so much. I've been supporting being a DIK in the patreon for like almost a year now. Asked in the discord if the crash was related to the game or if it was due to something else. Got banned instantly from the discord and patreon. :( I guess I get it that he doesn't like modded talks, but damn. Broke my heart.
Damn, bro, from patreon too?

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
like i said a couple of pages baack, money makes you a douche, if he needed patrons, he would have kissed your ass :ROFLMAO:
Well he did that when released the BaDIK game... its the first post on the game thread...:KEK:
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
I love Being A DIK, but Dr Pink Cake not so much. I've been supporting being a DIK in the patreon for like almost a year now. Asked in the discord if the crash was related to the game or if it was due to something else. Got banned instantly from the discord and patreon. :( I guess I get it that he doesn't like modded talks, but damn. Didn't even get a warning or a reason for the ban. Broke my heart.
Why it broke your heart though. I would be totally cool with it. You will keep those dollars now instead of giving to that Dr. Pink Ego. He doesn't deserve that much support from all those patrons anyway.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes