Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Melimelo

Jun 7, 2017
I also think so it should be easy to trick.

Well I do understand it to a degree, for example you cannot do chick and dik choices in one playthrough technically you can if you change the variables of your affinity right before the choice. But it will eventually become a game breaking bug if you overuse it and im sure people use that to avoid having 3 save games. But he shouldnt be offended by it because it supports that people love his game yes.
Bottom line is, his concern should be the quality of the game he delivers, how people enjoy it, cheating or not , he can't do anything about it and should not bother.
A writter can do nothing about how people perceive his books, when you go public with something you loose the control on it. That's the way it is and always have been.

Dec 6, 2019
This, I get why he does it but the way he goes about is just fucked up.

The mod can cause bugs in the game which are not present in the un-modded version, so he doesn't want to waste time fixing something that is not even in the base game. As well as the fact he makes a paid walkthrough anyway 1/2 weeks after release when its kind of a bug hunt if any slipped through his own testing and the beta tests.
Derp logic there. Him doing it to his playerbase that takes care of bugs he might have left in the game is wrong on any level.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
I think its half cheating only. on steam you can buy a gameguide for all da choises for season 1, i think that he doesn't want peaps to get this mod for free while we can pay for da guide.
I think that if you say you have the full guide (Bought Version) he doesn't mind it at all, and while i downloaded all da episodes here for free, i plan to get the full game from steam (+Guide) when it comes out there :D
I just hope it comes out there soon, or that he gives a shoutout here to tell us when we can expect it on steam (or on steam itself, got season 2 on my wishlist already there :D)
Paying for a walkthrough is so 1995, and I do expect hardcover.

TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017
Derp logic there. Him doing it to his playerbase that takes care of bugs he might have left in the game is wrong on any level.
Do you suffer from selective reading, or are you getting ass mad for no reason? You do realize he takes at least a month to bug hunt himself and another 2 weeks for the beta testers. He is one guy a bug or two might get missed, this one doesn't have any so far.

Also you completely missed the meaning of my post but ok. :FacePalm:

Reactions: JohnEffinDoe

Syr96

Aug 5, 2019
Most devs aren't rich fuckers and have a life and a job you know? :FacePalm:
Never said that. But there are also a lot of devs with enoug funds and they are not able to do communicate. 1 Status-Update per Month should be always possible. And i know a lot of Project with enogu money and small updates. Look at Irphaeus, Icastor, Komisari (maybe his update will be huge, but his lack of communication sucks) etc.

Dec 6, 2019
Do you suffer from selective reading, or are you getting ass mad for no reason? You do realize he takes at least a month to bug hunt himself and another 2 weeks for the beta testers. He is one guy a bug or two might get missed, this one doesn't have any so far.

Also you completely missed the meaning of my post but ok. :FacePalm:
Do you suffer from selective reading, or are you getting ass mad for no reason? If he doesn't hire outside help with the bugs that's on him given the amount of money he receives. That's on him for not allocating his resources as he should. And all I am implying is that if his playerbase fixes his games bugs or adds to his game via mods that don't affect his income, that's wrong on any point. :FacePalm:

malikshabazz

Jul 23, 2017
Do you suffer from selective reading, or are you getting ass mad for no reason? If he doesn't hire outside help with the bugs that's on him given the amount of money he receives. That's on him for not allocating his resources as he should. And all I am implying is that if his playerbase fixes his games bugs or adds to his game via mods that don't affect his income, that's wrong on any point. :FacePalm:
Why would he hire outside help, when his paying fanbase doesn't care? Like, I own a contracting business. It's just me and my partner. I get people aaaallll the time saying, hire more help, expand, hire more staff. And I'm always, Why the hell would I do that? We're booked out with projects six months, have fantastic reviews because we focus on nailing the projects we do take on and make money hand over fist.

DPC is in exactly the same boat. He focuses on delivering superb product, makes boatloads of money because he hasn't taken on exorbitant overhead and his paying customers are very happy. Why change?

xzorax

May 29, 2020
so if you use the mod with the hotfix wont it still detect that its a modded save when you try to load it a second time? because even with the hotfix i cant load my old saves it detects them

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
Well, the update do take very long.
Since the main appeal of this game is his writing, he could hire other people that do the rendering for him.
I imagine it would make updates much faster, since posing stuff and rendering takes a lot of time.
He could, but won't...

Hiring people, means messing his idea's and visions.
there's always a ''But we could also do this, do that" when you have a team.

malikshabazz

Jul 23, 2017
Well, the update do take very long.
Since the main appeal of this game is his writing, he could hire other people that do the rendering for him.
I imagine it would make updates much faster, since posing stuff and rendering takes a lot of time.
Yeah, they absolutely do. But getting to my original point, his paying fans don't care. His Graphtreon is nothing but a continual upward slope. Why spend extra when your customers are happy with what you're doing?

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
Thats the whole point of it,
the only reason i am having this mod, is to not miss any path.

either way i play how it suppossed to, the walkthrough is just a guide to make sure i stay on path.
don't want help for unlockable's or money or whatever.
that will take out most of the fun.

up until part 7 i even take the all wrong path just to see the reaction's and outcome.
so... yeah enough save boxes for each seasons. :D

thediabetic

Aug 20, 2020
so if you use the mod with the hotfix wont it still detect that its a modded save when you try to load it a second time? because even with the hotfix i cant load my old saves it detects them
The mod is more than an in game cheat menu. He also uses it to bypass the in game cheat detection.

Reactions: srwnomek
4.70 star(s) 31 Votes