Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Yes, I'll keep it updated and might also remove/change/add something if people have any suggestions

Well there was this skip mod (Skip class assignment with or without cheating) if you can impliment that into the mod i would be verry happy :D

Reactions: Punto

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Wonder if DPC got even more anti modding shit into this update. Guy has a huge bad dragon dildo up his ass when it comes to people using mods on this game. :unsure: :LOL:
Well i think its more of an effort to delay peaps from completing the game to fast.
the 1st message on his own page shows he has interest in this community as well, plus the link to this mod got added to said page.
i think that putting up a more advanced anti cheat it means we the walkthrough mod community dont get to finish the game all to quickly, afterall if we finish the episode to quickly it means we gotta wait longer to the next episode to come out, wich means alot of us freeloaders go back to his page and start demanding the next episode or any updates to it.

the steam version has a build in walkthrough wich is indeed a cheat version of the game, and he could always make it imposible for a modder to make a walkthrough mod, since he aint doing that it could mean he is not against it, but that he wants to buy himself more time to enjoy some peace before the community starts to ask for the new episode

but those are my thoughts on it, feel free to call it BS or agree with it :D

Cali2021

Aug 29, 2021
Wonder if DPC got even more anti modding shit into this update. Guy has a huge bad dragon dildo up his ass when it comes to people using mods on this game. :unsure: :LOL:
Yea DPC the guy is a total douchebag he spout's off about mods being "illegal" and yada yada yada.
No they aren't, he's only pissed because someone modded his game. People can play how they want,
it's their purgative. Either way he's still making money from his over thousands of Patrons. By no means will
it stop anyone from modding games.

CircaAD

Oct 9, 2021
Yea DPC the guy is a total douchebag he spout's off about mods being "illegal" and yada yada yada.
No they aren't, he's only pissed because someone modded his game. People can play how they want,
it's their purgative. Either way he's still making money from his over thousands of Patrons. By no means will
it stop anyone from modding games.
Agreed. First thing I did was unren season 3, delete all references to renpy.block_rollback, and then removed that stupid if persistent.mod... statement. Mods are neither illegal nor unethical. DPC does not retain ownership after release. Only copyright.

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
Hey scrappy I wonder if you will add the option to change if we helped Jill at the recital or not.

I wasn't able to do it on one of my paths and I felt bad :KEK:

Cali2021

Aug 29, 2021
Agreed. First thing I did was unren season 3, delete all references to renpy.block_rollback, and then removed that stupid if persistent.mod... statement. Mods are neither illegal nor unethical. DPC does not retain ownership after release. Only copyright.
He'll slam people on his patron page, just to make himself feel better and try to look cool in front of his patrons. Anyway, screw him. It's like modding your Cyberpunk game, CDPR doesn't give a crap they know it happens. There are other games similar to DPC's and way better. Halfway House is a good game, it's worth checking out.

karlossantana

Dec 9, 2017
Can you put some instructions how to do this?

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
He'll slam people on his patron page, just to make himself feel better and try to look cool in front of his patrons. Anyway, screw him. It's like modding your Cyberpunk game, CDPR doesn't give a crap they know it happens. There are other games similar to DPC's and way better. Halfway House is a good game, it's worth checking out.
Yea the way DPC sounds reminds me of the assholes on this forum. It really shows his origins here. But the deciding factor is that he at least makes a good game whereas the others are just useless assholes.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I'm just gonna relax.
For ep 8, Scrappy had the initial mod update in just a few days.
Even if he takes longer, I can just play without it. It's gonna be a while for ep 10. It's not hard to get around the cheat detection and even then a hot fix has already been uploaded by a kind hero.

karlossantana

Dec 9, 2017
I'm just gonna relax.
For ep 8, Scrappy had the initial mod update in just a few days.
Even if he takes longer, I can just play without it. It's gonna be a while for ep 10. It's not hard to get around the cheat detection and even then a hot fix has already been uploaded by a kind hero.
Can you link the hotfix?

Dec 18, 2019
What happened to the Dark Assassin Android Port? The Wills one is super scuffed and Joiplay isn't cooperating. Does this all have to do with DPC's anti-cheat bullshit?

CircaAD

Oct 9, 2021
Can you put some instructions how to do this?
I used Unren.bat version 1.0.10, which can be found on this site.
- place bat file in root of game (not in the actual "game" folder)​
- run, and select option 1 to extract all rpa files. (this gives you rpyc files)​
- delete the rpa files. you don't need them anymore.​
- run unren.bat again, this time choose option 2 to extract all rpyc files. (this gives you rpy files)​
- delete the rpyc files. you don't need them anymore.​
Open the game folder in your favorite text or python editor. I use Atom.
- search for all occurrences of "$ renpy.block_rollback()" (there were 212 in my search)​
- delete them​
- search for "persistent.mod_wt"​
- delete the whole if..then statement.​
- save your changes​
Play the game the way you want to.

Chocopops

Sep 7, 2016
Hi,

need some help with the mod.

I unlocked all the rewards by mistake, and I'd like to cancel it. Is that possible ? it went all through the saves :( Thx for your help !

neebs1995

Oct 14, 2017
Not really, basicly your choices in the interlude will decide a more Dik Zoey or a neutral Zoey later in the story.
Can't say when her status will be checked or for what, but it's most likely she will have a Dik reaction towards MC or be more forgiving for something MC does/says/did... (A DIK Zoey might put your birthday suit pics on Rooster or whatever lol)
i plan to just reject her instantly

Leon queen

Apr 13, 2020
Hi,

I unlocked all the rewards by mistake, and I'd like to cancel it. Is that possible ? it went all through the saves :( Thx for your help !
Nope its not related to your saves its the game itself, so u will have to delete and reinstall the main game again.

big bad wolf 69

Sep 13, 2022
Hi,

just Just delete persistent file from save and from C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingaDIK-1535311494

• Angry
Reactions: Kekekerkek

karlossantana

Dec 9, 2017
Open the game folder in your favorite text or python editor. I use Atom.
- search for all occurrences of "$ renpy.block_rollback()" (there were 212 in my search)​
- delete them​
- search for "persistent.mod_wt"​
- delete the whole if..then statement.​
- save your changes​
Play the game the way you want to.
I'm stuck at this point - Open... the entire game folder in a text editor? Not sure how to do that. Was just gonna use notepad++ but which txt file are you referring to

Reactions: CircaAD
4.70 star(s) 31 Votes