Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Gundams

Nov 14, 2019
OR he wants people to actually play through it. Imagine putting in as much work and then everyone skips it or goes straight to the fuck scenes, especially with the narrative he's been working on by himself for years now and has what is arguably the best adult VN. Its not like he doesn't know he'll find ways around stuff, but it also keeps a lot of people from playing right away because they want the mod. Gotta try to feed the patrons first sometimes.
Lots of people just want to see the sex scenes :)

MichaelJordan

Jul 23, 2017
Where at? Post a nearby line.
Sure you've installed it correctly?
I've merged the game folder, scripts folder is there.

Error:
FIle "game/scripts/reports/report_ep9.rpy", line 13, in <module>
NameError: name 'branchIsabella' is not defined

Same file more "branch"-errors. Also in file "game/scripts/episode9/update9.rpy"

NyVar

May 23, 2020
OR he wants people to actually play through it. Imagine putting in as much work and then everyone skips it or goes straight to the fuck scenes, especially with the narrative he's been working on by himself for years now and has what is arguably the best adult VN. Its not like he doesn't know he'll find ways around stuff, but it also keeps a lot of people from playing right away because they want the mod. Gotta try to feed the patrons first sometimes.
That's a surefire way for dictatorship :p A VN is like any other game - Even though mods won't come from a Dev, many games come with a modding community to make the base game better. And most of those games Dev's encourage it. Because it makes sure more people is likely to play. So i have to agree with Bobloblaw1234 here :) Dr.PK might not be a narsassist, but definatly a control-freak :p Mods like Scrappy's only makes sure that one doesn't have to play through several restarts or savegames for 1 single path. So imagine if one wants to play through them all :p

I started playing S1 on Steam before i knew of this page, and i have well over 200hrs played only the 1st 2-3 chapters, hehe. Waste of time for me (and some others) and a joy for others :) Point being a game should be played the way the player wants, not how the Dev wants it. the story one goes for will eventually be the same anyways, in the grand scheme of things :)

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
I don't think there's anything to do with him being considerate about players' "full experience". DPC is notorious for being a control freak when it comes to "his" game: refusing to hire more staff to shorten the development period (and as a result the game development cycle is becoming longer and longer, I mean an update once a year, seriously?), adding unnecessary anti-cheat stuff even though it is NOT an online game, banning people on discord for different opinions... there's no doubt that multiple-ending AVNs are meant to be played several times to get the whole experience, but if your game is full of unskippable free-roams and mini-games (skippable but will make you short on money), even the dialogue skip button is not enough. Just like NyVar, I played the first two seasons on Steam (70+ hours) before stumbling across F95 and slowly getting to know and use mods. at least 30% of these 70+ hours were spent on replaying the mini-games and free-roams, which was totally unnecessary and annoying but I had to stick through it because I dunno about mods. Like NyVar said, a game SHOULD be played the way the player wants, instead of succumbing to what the dev wants.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 31 Votes