Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
currently trying it on a pure Sage run
It worked fine for me. You probably loaded a save during the freeroam that had multiple branches open so the variables are borked. Load one at the end of Episode 9 or before the freeroams started

Reactions: Esp``
May 30, 2022
It worked fine for me. You probably loaded a save during the freeroam that had multiple branches open so the variables are borked. Load one at the end of Episode 9 or before the freeroams started
Welp did that, but still doesnt work. Could be due to using that temporary fix from before?

Freaqy

Jan 1, 2021
I cannot confirm this, but I believe the developer has put in some sort of mod detection and is preventing the game from being run. I've tried a save with the mod installed and without. Both have issues. My saves are on the "End of Episode 9" screen, for what it's worth.

Anyhow, the dev blocked me on Patreon and their Discord when I gave my valid but frustrated opinion on the situation.

EDIT: Installed the fix (that I had missed before posting my comment) and it seems to get me past the initial crash point. Will update if there are any further issues.

clowth

May 20, 2017
The freeroam fix doesn't seem to let me go through It unfortunately, tried loading before ep9 ending and chosing a single path multiple times, but after ending all tasks cannot do anything after talking to derek a second time. Did it saving and without saving through all of It, none of It worked :/
I guess I'll have to wait for the full mod to be released

Dec 2, 2020
Yep, "fix" does not fix freeroam. Also, I think "talk to Tommy" disappeared from the task-list.

Edit: No pressure, take your time Scrappy. In the meantime it's worth reading 5-star fanboys reviews in game thread. For a good laugh.

Edit2: I also tried a clean save that someone posted, I had to go through the Halloween party again ( :sick: ), Sage still "non-clickable" in ep.10. Definitely another "gift" from DPC to those who use mods.

Last edited:

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
Fix works. Passed free roam without an issue on my EP9 modded save. You all have borked your save in the past or not doing what Scrappy told to do.

Uploaded a "save/crash" fix. For it to work best load a save at the end of Episode 9.
Appreciated your fast work as usual! Now we wait for the full mod. I know that I need it for these exams more so than the mini games lol.

Reactions: ZXIIDead

Adonis22

Nov 21, 2021
Stuck at free-roam, there are no tasks in phone to do next. Probably have to talk to Sage as she appears at main hallway, but cannot.

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
Fix works. Passed free roam without an issue on my EP9 modded save. You all have borked your save in the past or not doing what Scrappy told to do.

Appreciated your fast work as usual! Now we wait for the full mod. I know that I need it for these exams more so than the mini games lol.
did you use ep9 > 10 update patch? or a fresh season 3 downloaad? because I think it might be a factor since I tried using an unmodded save which didn't work..

Dec 2, 2020
My save of the end of ep9 was checked by Scrappy himself some time ago and he created a fix based on it. Everything worked perfectly. I changed absolutely nothing. Still not abble to pass Sage with final save ep.9 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: wtenable delete by 0x52 doesn't work for me either.

Last edited:

Freaqy

Jan 1, 2021
Use 0x52_URM

search: wtenable > delete > that's all
I had set that to false instead and it didn't do anything on its own. You can do this with the standard renpy console with the following:
Code:
persistent.mod_wtenabled = False
That said, with it deleted or false, and with scrappy's fix, I'm unable to complete the free roam. Task list is empty. Sage appears but you can't click on her to speak.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I had set that to false instead and it didn't do anything on its own. You can do this with the standard renpy console with the following:
Code:
That said, with it deleted or false, and with scrappy's fix, I'm unable to complete the free roam. Task list is empty. Sage appears but you can't click on her to speak.
I had a problem when there was the scene of Derek's and Maya's mom with the doctor and the game closed (I don't use mods) so this is the third time this has happened to me for no reason. I'm in the first Free roams so I'll see if I don't have issues

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
did you use ep9 > 10 update patch? or a fresh season 3 downloaad? because I think it might be a factor since I tried using an unmodded save which didn't work..
My save of the end of ep9 was checked by Scrappy himself some time ago and he created a fix based on it. Everything worked perfectly. I changed absolutely nothing. Still not abble to pass Sage with final save ep.9 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: wtenable delete by 0x52 doesn't work for me either.
Code:
Try it with my test save. It's gonna be on page 19, just check so it doesn't overwrite any of your saves. Put it into Being a DIK/game/saves

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes