Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

rustic0

Jul 25, 2019
alright so, i downloaded EP 10 fresh, not just the update patch, pasted my saves folder from EP 9 into the game folder, and applied scrappy's fixer, yet the second I load any of my saves, whether from mid EP 9 or right at the end where it tells you to save, the game immediately crashes, is my only option to wait longer for scrappy's full mod update?

iknowimspecial

Dec 9, 2023
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:181
File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode10/ep10_freeroam_room1.rpy", line 133, in <module>
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 53, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 66, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 70, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 81, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 96, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 109, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 110, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 111, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 112, in execute
NameError: Name 'mod_gr' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/PPython/Scripts/freeroam/episode10/ep10_freeroam_room1.rpyc", line 133, in script
�&9+�@
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode10/ep10_freeroam_room1.rpy", line 133, in <module>
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 53, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 66, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 70, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 81, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 96, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 109, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 110, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 111, in execute
File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 112, in execute
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1574, in __init__
self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1693, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'mod_gr' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.10.0
Fri Dec 8 19:32:26 2023
```

i keep getting this during the second free roam event in your room when i go to message jill i downloaded the fix and dragged the script folder into the game folder from a fresh episode 10 install and tried on a patched version not helping any

Reactions: WhateverWorx

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
is there any way to cheat the brawler fights? The new system is fug up. Literally the arrow pressing is like super super damn fast or something.

I have it on normal but the speed is still making the experience a total nightmare to complete. The brawler games in the first 2 chapters I didn't run into this issue?

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
is there any way to cheat the brawler fights? The new system is fug up. Literally the arrow pressing is like super super damn fast or something.

I have it on normal but the speed is still making the experience a total nightmare to complete. The brawler games in the first 2 chapters I didn't run into this issue?
Yes but you will have to wait for the mod update

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Yes but you will have to wait for the mod update
okay so the mod is still be updated? I think I might skip the stupid brawler fights because it's almost unplayable at the moment for me. I could have all the arrows but it ignores it and pretends I didn't press anything and I am getting hit.

Or there something in the game files that can slow the timer the fug down?

iTreyWayy

Oct 21, 2023
I was able to play through the full episode on my sage run, however, all of my other saves keep getting:

NameError: name 'branchAlone' is not defined.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? I applied the scrappy fix but it did not fix it.

I used Scrappy for both, so don't know why only one save file is working.

jayzeppo

Dec 9, 2023
Has anyone figured out an alternative to getting through the first freeroam event? I've tried every previous suggestion posted and I'm still stuck with an empty task screen.

Hotkillerz

May 1, 2017
Yeaaaa im just going to wait for our lord and savior scrappy to do the full mod fix before i even owrry about playing this game with so many save issues and shit, ill know once the full mod fix comes out it will be fixed and so will any bugs that need to be fixed as well.

Reactions: Soulafein
4.70 star(s) 31 Votes