Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Lidaweeb

Dec 27, 2022
scrappy I don't have to delete any cash or persistent files or anything when your "Full mod update for single paths" is available right? all I have to do is to install the mod and play?

Last edited:

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
DPC puts the anti-cheat stuff in because he knows how flawed his points system is. He point-gates choices, using the DIK scale, which changes depending upon your actions. But the problem with that is that the whole idea is asinine to begin with. You don't speak to everyone exactly the same. People will act differently depending upon the company their with. So putting in a system where 9 choices into the game you're limited to who you can gain points with and interact with is really dumb.

So he puts the anti-cheat stuff in to defend his bullshit so everyone has to deal with it.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
few days = sunday, monday
no idea = some time next week

Or am i wrong?
Just refresh every 2 minutes like a normal person.

DPC puts the anti-cheat stuff in because he knows how flawed his points system is. He point-gates choices, using the DIK scale, which changes depending upon your actions. But the problem with that is that the whole idea is asinine to begin with. You don't speak to everyone exactly the same. People will act differently depending upon the company their with. So putting in a system where 9 choices into the game you're limited to who you can gain points with and interact with is really dumb.

So he puts the anti-cheat stuff in to defend his bullshit so everyone has to deal with it.
The anti-cheat system in place affects non-modded saves too. I normally have two copies of the game, one called modded and the other called non-modded. My non modded saves were affected. I had to remove the code from the scripts to play the game. It's ridiculous, dude.... it's a single player game. We're not talking about a AAA multiplayer game.

Insantien

Feb 10, 2023
hey guys n00b question...

how do i "apply the fix"??

Paste the files from the zip folder in the 0.10 game folder?

luca08

Jun 5, 2022
does anyone have the file to fix the 0.8.3 cheat menu button not showing because the mega link is broken

jly

Aug 18, 2017
is there a mod as i m stuck in bella and jill at party as same repeating
Ooof, I remember this bug. I can't tell you exactly how to fix it, but I can describe it to you generally.

Basically, there's a list variable named event_list (line 187, in scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_diks1.rpy) It's used to queue up events at the party. If you're stuck in a loop, what's happening is that an event is being repeatedly added to the list.

The solution is to either search the renpy script files to find when that event is being added and delete that line of code, or use the console in-game to view the event_list variable and remove the repeating event at a transition point.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes