RPGM Being an Adventurer Is Not Always the Best [Ch.2] [DYNAMO]

2.60 star(s) 9 Votes

hitmanbhi

Aug 2, 2017
Even with +999 attack and agi to wipe them ASAP, the game is annoying as fuck to play. You might get an encounter every 2 steps you take. And even one shotting them is pretty slow because of the battle speed. Plus, the maps are fucking huge and winding. And the drop rate is abysmal.

I was quite interested in what seems like a good starting point for an NTR adventure, but nah. I can't deal with this gameplay. Seriously, I dare anyone to play this without cheating. The first time you walk into the forest that has random encounters, you will probably wanna quit.
As much frustrating it is, this is the first ever game update by an amatuer developer. Give it some time and I think he will make changes.

Reactions: Emilee Teresta

hitmanbhi

Aug 2, 2017
Cool to see this. I recognized the title right away because this is a story I follow on chyoa. However, I started pretty late and haven't gotten around to reading all of it. Yes, this is a pretty heavy NTR story, especially on his thread (there's another prominent author on this story on chyoa, which also has NTR on their thread). But there's also build up of the MC getting stronger and eventually taking revenge. Still seems far from happening, though.

I do prefer being able to see alternate timelines, one where MC gets NTR'd, and one where MC stops the NTR from happening. But that doesn't seem to be the case for this story (from what I read). Unless the story changes in the game (which I doubt), the initial NTR will be unavoidable (since it pretty much lays the groundwork for MC's growth), with the possibility of MC winning in the end. Hopefully this game gest developed regularly.
I think what dev can do is take non-NTR route from the other thread in his chyoa story by another author reaper13. I have not read that branch fully but correct if am wrong that what I saw was mostly happy sex in that branch. And that branch has almost double more content dev's original branch.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Feedback after completing current content:

* The lvl 4 "quick slash" skill you mother teaches doesn't get added to the character sheet (but lvl 8 "cleave" works)
* Resource locations for wood, metal etc. don't refresh - and there are not enough spots to complete the resource missions without refresh (so either refresh after rest or more locations, esp. a severe lack of wood in a forest seems very off). Or are you not supposed to complete those quests currently?
* the poison from the bats persists and cannot be healed with a skill. So as soon as you get poisoned (and there are tons of bat encounters), you need to take an antidote (doesn't work for long, since the money from drops is too low to buy the needed amount) or find a place to rest (so backtrack to wood cabin or village). Unless i'm close to home, I just kill the game and reload if i get poisoned right now, but that's likely not the intended solution.
* the game files show a scene with Fabe spying on girls at a lake and another with Mia kicking his balls (also in preview pics), didn't happen for me in-game however
* enemy spawn rate feels very high
* i often felt lost, some better descriptions in the quest log where your next location is would be nice. E.g. the wounded MC was super slowed down and supposed to go to a "meeting place", quite frustrating to search for it esp. walking so slowly (no dash, no run). "meeting place near at the village exit" would at least give some direction.

Enjoyed the game otherwise. Book spoiler Was a bit sad to read how easily Amelia gives blowjobs etc for book access. Yes Kase later used the perfume to drug her and finally even mind control. But she was acting morally quite corrupt before that without being forced, threatened or drugged. Looking forward to see the castle, capital city and guilds!

Last edited:

KyoriKusagami

Nov 10, 2017
Even with +999 attack and agi to wipe them ASAP, the game is annoying as fuck to play. You might get an encounter every 2 steps you take. And even one shotting them is pretty slow because of the battle speed. Plus, the maps are fucking huge and winding. And the drop rate is abysmal.

I was quite interested in what seems like a good starting point for an NTR adventure, but nah. I can't deal with this gameplay. Seriously, I dare anyone to play this without cheating. The first time you walk into the forest that has random encounters, you will probably wanna quit.
The game's mechanics can be fixed, you can always give suggestions to the developer to help him if you have experience in this area. He has writing talent, but he's inexperienced with RPG maker software. So, a harsh complaint like this doesn't help at all, except if you want to break his motivation.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Where tin the world even is that map?
Village -> East exit -> North
Forest without enemies (where you had the alchemy plant collection quest) -> North
Forest with easy enemies (3 exits: west to darker forest, north to cabin, east to forest with mine) -> East
Forest map with mine to the north (see the map i posted)

Last edited:

Sedid

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 27, 2018
I liked the scenes, but the grind is way too excessive for my taste: low leveling, small amount of coins/battle, not enough spell/attacks variety, the monsters attack very often and the poisoning never stops.
Also, the MC keeps its default name, even when we change it.

Last edited:

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Village -> East exit -> North
Forest without enemies (where you had the alchemy plant collection quest) -> North
Forest with easy enemies (3 exits: west to darker forest, north to cabin, east to forest with mine) -> East
Forest map with mine to the north (see the map i posted)
I couldn't even find the. J da I got to where the cabin was and couldn't find any exist but to the area with the treasure, thanks now I need to go all the way back there.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
I couldn't even find the. J da I got to where the cabin was and couldn't find any exist but to the area with the treasure, thanks now I need to go all the way back there.
If you are at the cabin, you went one step too far north. If you have a save at the cabin, go south/down (change map), then go east/right (change map) and now you are on the map you need to be

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The game's mechanics can be fixed, you can always give suggestions to the developer to help him if you have experience in this area. He has writing talent, but he's inexperienced with RPG maker software. So, a harsh complaint like this doesn't help at all, except if you want to break his motivation.
I've had 3 people quote me, asking me to coddle the dev or something. You say my posts don't help at all, but I pointed out exactly what hernesh did in my two posts. I was just blunt about it.

Telling devs why the game is shitty is constructive criticism. Telling them it's shitty without explaining why would be unhelpful. Plus, I didn't say anything about subjective matters like the direction of the story or fetishes. Nor did I advocate for scrapping the project, changing to VN, or any such nonsense. I simply pointed out the flaws in game design.

So yea, what hermesh wrote in the feedback is exactly my thoughts as well. The degree of harshness in my post is basically the manifestation of the level of annoyance I felt while playing, but what I wrote isn't any less helpful or objective.

Edit: While I'm at it, let me add one more thing to address. The pixel sprite for Amelia and Oliver don't match their DAZ model. More specifically, they have blonde hair on the sprites when their DAZ models show white and brown hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: hitmanbhi

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
If you are at the cabin, you went one step too far north. If you have a save at the cabin, go south/down (change map), then go east/right (change map) and now you are on the map you need to be
That's the entrance I didn't see. Anyways I guess kase going off with Amelia is the end of this build.

I looked at the cyoa and didn't realize I had already read this story and if this is a play by play I might not play it again after this. The dev would've been better off making this a renpy vn as I see no real reason other to drag out what would more reasonably be about 20-30 minutes of content. It's reached 2h 21m for me and that's only because 90% of the time I'm trying to find where everything and everyone is and that's after altering states with rpg editor. He'll the gathering quest I basically cheated the items because I couldn't find the locations at first.

God_Batman

Feb 8, 2018
Man...This game sure is going to trigger my PTSD from NTR... but I guess if later on MC gets revenge and get harem ending ( with tag IC Included :WeSmart:)
I might give this a try...

Dev promised good ending so... At least at the end things might turn better right... Right!? :HideThePain:

malsorte190

Jul 8, 2021

I've read only up until chapter 23/123, and all i can say is that Amelia belongs to the fucking streets, hope MC will realize she is not worth a second of his time, Mia is becoming best girl slowly, the Mom will probably belong to the streets too.
That's all i got from what i read so far, will come later with an edit after i finished all the chapters.

hitmanbhi

Aug 2, 2017

I've read only up until chapter 23/123, and all i can say is that Amelia belongs to the fucking streets, hope MC will realize she is not worth a second of his time, Mia is becoming best girl slowly, the Mom will probably belong to the streets too.
That's all i got from what i read so far, will come later with an edit after i finished all the chapters.
Read it all, the story is still not full. I think it is near to 50% or even less.

Also, Amelia maybe ambitious and naive but her feelings for Darx were quite genuine as can be read in story. The story has dark setting so don't expect vanilla buildup as MC will be suffering most of the current content.

But you know as they say, 'Revenge is best served cold'.

hitmanbhi

Aug 2, 2017
Man...This game sure is going to trigger my PTSD from NTR... but I guess if later on MC gets revenge and get harem ending ( with tag IC Included :WeSmart:)
I might give this a try...

Dev promised good ending so... At least at the end things might turn better right... Right!? :HideThePain:
I fully agree with PTSD man. He maybe an amateur game developer but he sure is a great author. The way he setup hero makes me get annoyed a lot.

Reactions: Emilee Teresta
2.60 star(s) 9 Votes