RPGM Being an Adventurer Is Not Always the Best [Ch.2] [DYNAMO]

2.60 star(s) 9 Votes
May 9, 2020
Honest opinions, I absolutely hate the combination of 3D art renderings in RPGM games, but I can ignore it for the most part. The primary main issue I find right now is that the frequency of random battles needs to be increased (or decreased, which ever way you understand it. The random battles happen too often, you should lower the random battle encounter rates or increase it, can't remember what the percentage value of random encounters is supposed to be for these RPGM games whether the percentage needs to be higher or lower in order to reduce it so that random encounters happen less often.)

Why this is a big issue for me is the length of the battles. You can spam the Z button and make your selections of actions in battle just fine, but you can't control the speed of the battle outside of that. So the less time spent having to grind battles, the better, if it's at all reasonable to suggest either lowering the encounter rates, increase XP gains, or if not, then the very least that should be done is let the battles be spammed through quicker.

I'm still pretty much practically at the beginning of this game, I'm in the forest right now with Amelia and Oliver advancing the first part of the story. This is just the first thing I noticed after grinding their levels to level 8, I wouldn't have made such a big deal out of the length of how long random encounter battles take, if it wasn't for this problem I have with it.

I tried escaping from random battles to try and navigate through the mazes quicker to explore, and noticed that it seems that if you escape battles, the frequency of random battles seem to increase, like the more you escape a random encounter, the sooner the next one will be, which is annoying. Not sure why it's doing that but it is what it is.

May 9, 2020
Also, it's starting to piss me off at how often those damn bats poison my party members. I can't tell you how frustrating it is. lol

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
I've had 3 people quote me, asking me to coddle the dev or something. You say my posts don't help at all, but I pointed out exactly what hernesh did in my two posts. I was just blunt about it.

Telling devs why the game is shitty is constructive criticism. Telling them it's shitty without explaining why would be unhelpful. Plus, I didn't say anything about subjective matters like the direction of the story or fetishes. Nor did I advocate for scrapping the project, changing to VN, or any such nonsense. I simply pointed out the flaws in game design.

So yea, what hermesh wrote in the feedback is exactly my thoughts as well. The degree of harshness in my post is basically the manifestation of the level of annoyance I felt while playing, but what I wrote isn't any less helpful or objective.

Edit: While I'm at it, let me add one more thing to address. The pixel sprite for Amelia and Oliver don't match their DAZ model. More specifically, they have blonde hair on the sprites when their DAZ models show white and brown hair.
If you didn't mean it like that, then apologies. But do take into account that text is very easy to misinterpret. There's a reason why it's advised to double and triple check what one writes before submitting (in any situation, not just here). You may not have meant it that way, but as you see, a few people did interpret it that way. And maybe the dev could have interpreted it that way, and lost the motivation to continue.

It's not about coddling. It's about making your intentions clear. Constructive criticism is great. It can be a huge help to a budding developer, and guide them to making a better game, which from your comment, I imagine that's what you want to do. So, it's worth taking the time to make sure that's properly conveyed, maybe even cool off to let your manifested annoyance clear up a bit before commenting.

Reactions: Emilee Teresta
May 9, 2020
Found a bug. After helping to find Fabes knife for Cal, I sell the knife to Derek, go back to Cal, the scene plays out just fine, at the end of the scene however it switches to a view as if it started you back in front of your house but then it flips the screen back to the waterfall, and you're invisible and can't move.

I could open the menu, but that's it, and was able to at least turn myself visible again by checking the Karma and going back out of it. MC is now totally stuck on a tiny tile island right in front of the waterfall, which explains why he can't move at all.

Until this bug gets fixed I'll have to recommend not selling off Fabes knife and just giving it back to Cal if you want to continue playing, so I'd recommend a save before-hand if you wanted to see the scene at the waterfall play out.

May 9, 2020
Mk, some extra feedback

- I don't know where to go all that easily. It's not so much as getting lost, just not sure when or where a new event can take place or if there's anything at all to explore, or if I need a specific character in the party etc. Main point to bring this up is giving the MC a map that highlights points of interest. I like the idea of Cal giving the MC a map of the forest but that's just that, not really that big of a reward for doing him a favor, having access to a map could be more of a mandatory thing without doing favors for it, WITH favors for Cal however I can imagine that it helps the MC show points of interest maybe?

- The grind for random encounters is overly excessive, reduce the encounter rate or do whatever it is that makes the random battle encounters less frequent, a random battle encounter doesn't need to happen after every 5-10 steps.

- The amount of times my characters got poisoned was way too crippling and punishing. You don't have the resources to spend on both making antidotes through Amelia using ingredients you find in the forest and you don't have the resources in money to spend wasting on buying more antidotes.

- On the subject of resources, I believe the developer probably already knows and intends to do so, but resources should re-spawn either at least once per day or every time you enter/ exit the areas. It took me forever to find the last area where I can gather a log for Mia to even help her on her starting character quest to open up more for her Karma route options. After exhausting the resources to continue helping Mia's character quests, I found that it's impossible now to even remotely upgrade MC's main weapon because the resources don't respawn. (by the way for anyone reading, I recommend very early on, as early as it's possible for you, to buy MC a second sword, he can equip two swords, he can dual-wield, this ups his damage tremendously and helps significantly for battle grinding.)

After advancing the story pretty far into the game, I'm now left just wandering around and don't know what to do, as I can't find any points of interest (like I mentioned before), during either Morning, Afternoon, or even at Night, when there'd be something for MC to do. I can form a party with Cal, Mia, Oliver, and Amelia. I have no idea even if there's a possibility to enter the Mining area but any time I tried it just said it's too dangerous. So, I'm left unable to find anything else to do. The Maid at the mansion has nothing for me to do. I haven't a clue how/ where I would be able to find either Mia or Cal in the mornings/ afternoons now, I reached the point where Cal got to draw Amelia, and reached the point where Mia asks to help for distracting Fabe so that Oliver doesn't get in trouble for talking to Emma. It was after these two immediately, that I find myself unable to find anything else to do, and don't know if there's even anything else to do at all because there's no notification at this point telling me that this is as far as the developer got to go right now.

So now all I can assume at the moment that I'm just in Free Roam and can just sit around with all the characters possible to be in a party with and just grind my life away in the forest, which I don't really feel like doing.

Anyways overall, it's a fine game. I still heavily dislike the weird obsession where developers are inputting realistic 2D stills of 3D art in RPGM games, but I can look past it. I do look forward to seeing how this progresses.

I've noticed a lot of people talking about a novel of sorts of whatever. I'm not interested in reading it, I'd rather not spoil the story just because people didn't like it so my wish and hope is that people stop bitching about it in the comments, you read it, didn't like it, it's fine, but don't complain that the game takes place the same as the story that it's written for -- get over it. If you have honest feedback then go nuts. But as far as I'm concerned, those of you complaining about NTR or this/ that, shut up, go find something else to do, or just enjoy the game. Most of these things aren't that big of an issue, I've yet to even encounter true NTR situations anyways as far as I can even tell relationships seem pretty much already set up and I couldn't even really call that NTR yet. (keyword "Yet", har har)

May 9, 2020
so can does anyone knows if there is a walkthrough of this game, im kinda stuck in a quest
Is it the character side quest with Mia for x10 wood, x10 bat wings and x2 iron ore? I don't know if there's any walkthrough of the game as of the moment.

The first mistake I did was starting her quest in the beginning not knowing that you can sleep to skip forward to next morning to respawn the other side quest with Cal and doing it again to pick up the main story-line quest with Amelia and Oliver, so I thought I was locked out of doing anything, I think honestly that's a bug that is gonna have to be worked out in some way. Because there are event trigger checks that lock you out of entering expanded map areas where you need access to, to get those resources.

If just finding those resources for Mia is the problem, you're gonna have to explore around and gather them, unfortunately those resources don't respawn, the only thing reliably you can get a plethora of are bat wings if you don't mind the annoying poison spam. Otherwise if you sold or did anything to use up the wood/ iron ore, you're screwed regardless and would have to start the game over.

May 9, 2020
I would be really upset if a game like this goes to waste on just being a cuck ?
I feel like there's still a general majority of degenerate English-vocabulary-knowledge of people who still don't know the general meaning of the word/ term of "NTR". Very briefly --

- Neto-RASE, basically means very similar to prostitution, the person essentially agrees to sell his/ herself for money. There's often an expression of regret for it though such as feeling guilty. But mostly the regret or remorse for this is seemingly absent in most depictions of it that I've seen.

- Neto-RI, basically a slow or quick meaning for "Reluctant but Willing", where essentially the Significant Other is aware that their partner is off fucking or getting fucked by other partners. (THIS is where you'd be more correct to call it "Cuckolding")

- Neto-RARE, is literally the Significant Other (I'll abbreviate this as "SO" from now on), is COMPLETELY UNAWARE that their boyfriend/ girlfriend have been "Stolen" from BEHIND the SO's back, they're unaware at all of the fact that their partner is off banging other lovers. So basically as a tl;dr, it's cheating without EVER being caught.

Anyways as far as I've seen I haven't spotted any of the above in this game so far (keyword "so far"), unless there's more and I'm just dumb because I don't know how far the game goes or if I can still advance the story farther, the only thing I've seen at all that covers the NTR tag as of this moment, has been involving between a side-character Oliver vs Fabe + Emma Love Triangle, which falls more closely under the category of "Netori" because Oliver is aware of what's going on between Fabe & Emma. It doesn't involve the MC yet at this point as his love interest is aimed more at Amelia, in which the love triangle here is between MC, Amelia, and Mia. In fact if anything at this point Cal has a grudge against the MC because Cal has a thing for Amelia, but Cals competition for Amelias affection is more competitive because of the introduction of Mr. Enyo's son, whom also happens to be competition to the MC because unlike Cal, Amelia actually seemingly gets along with him.

hitmanbhi

Aug 2, 2017
Will be there a turning point in the story or is it just getting cucked over and over ?
To be honest, as per the current chapters (story is going very slow, not regular updates at all) in dev's story at Chyoa, MC is getting cucked over and over. We have yet to see turning point but author/dev has confirmed a happy ending for MC. The story would be around 50% completion I think.

Dev has said the NTR will be avoidable. I don't think it is possible with his story arc. I am assuming he will follow other author's arc in his story. If that is true, that arc will mostly be MC all chad and happy sex without NTR.

Reactions: Emilee Teresta

Toweke

Oct 27, 2017
If you sleep to the following morning, they should show up again
Doh, thank you! I must have somehow accidentally missed Amelia and Oliver the first time, walked past and talked to Mia... then I spent like 20 minutes running around the entire town, forest, every building, looking for goddamn Amelia and not finding her. Bloody hell lol.

gammaferrius45

Oct 10, 2021
actually its that quest where u get the two copies of keys and the others 2 items for that mr enzo guy, i cant find that magic bag anywhere

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
Is it the character side quest with Mia for x10 wood, x10 bat wings and x2 iron ore? I don't know if there's any walkthrough of the game as of the moment.

The first mistake I did was starting her quest in the beginning not knowing that you can sleep to skip forward to next morning to respawn the other side quest with Cal and doing it again to pick up the main story-line quest with Amelia and Oliver, so I thought I was locked out of doing anything, I think honestly that's a bug that is gonna have to be worked out in some way. Because there are event trigger checks that lock you out of entering expanded map areas where you need access to, to get those resources.

If just finding those resources for Mia is the problem, you're gonna have to explore around and gather them, unfortunately those resources don't respawn, the only thing reliably you can get a plethora of are bat wings if you don't mind the annoying poison spam. Otherwise if you sold or did anything to use up the wood/ iron ore, you're screwed regardless and would have to start the game over.
Yea, I went through it, and I think I found every tree stump. And I haven't upgraded MC's weapon. But I still wasn't able to get enough wood. Wonder if the amount per stump is random. Or maybe I'm just missing one. I'm also missing 1 iron ore, but the battle frequency is too much to make me want to explore further.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
I haven't a clue how/ where I would be able to find either Mia or Cal in the mornings/ afternoons now, I reached the point where Cal got to draw Amelia, and reached the point where Mia asks to help for distracting Fabe so that Oliver doesn't get in trouble for talking to Emma. It was after these two immediately, that I find myself unable to find anything else to do, and don't know if there's even anything else to do at all because there's no notification at this point telling me that this is as far as the developer got to go right now
I didn't even know you could do that. I got to the end of chapter 1, and found there was nothing else to do besides the maid quest to find the dog.

Toweke

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like there's still a general majority of degenerate English-vocabulary-knowledge of people who still don't know the general meaning of the word/ term of "NTR". Very briefly --
Well this is a little ironic because I'm gonna have to disagree with all three definitions you provided, lol.

To all three objections I'll add the caveat that I'm basing this on how these terms are actually used; if you're basing it off the literal definition of the word in Japanese or something, then I won't protest on those grounds other than to say that is not how they are ever used in my experience, and I've played almost all translated NTR games lol.
dahjercanaan said:
- Neto-RASE, basically means very similar to prostitution, the person essentially agrees to sell his/ herself for money. There's often an expression of regret for it though such as feeling guilty. But mostly the regret or remorse for this is seemingly absent in most depictions of it that I've seen.
This one is just straight up wrong. Netorase is almost always (if you look at games/stories where it's featured) a husband/male character who has a fetish for cuckolding and asks his wife / girlfriend to sleep with other men. Maybe sometimes money is exchanged but I'm not sure I've ever even seen that; it's definitely not a staple part of it. I've personally translated one netorase game and one doujin, and in neither was there any exchange of money.
dahjercanaan said:
- Neto-RI, basically a slow or quick meaning for "Reluctant but Willing", where essentially the Significant Other is aware that their partner is off fucking or getting fucked by other partners. (THIS is where you'd be more correct to call it "Cuckolding")
This is also kind of off base. Netori = male protagonist who fucks other mens wives / girlfriends. Whether anyone is aware or not is totally irrelevant as is whether they're reluctant etc. You might call it cuckolding in the sense that 'you' / the male protagonist is cuckolding other men, with or without their knowledge.
dahjercanaan said:
- Neto-RARE, is literally the Significant Other (I'll abbreviate this as "SO" from now on), is COMPLETELY UNAWARE that their boyfriend/ girlfriend have been "Stolen" from BEHIND the SO's back, they're unaware at all of the fact that their partner is off banging other lovers. So basically as a tl;dr, it's cheating without EVER being caught.
By that logic, almost no NTR games that come out of Japan - those who created the term - actually qualify as NTR (netorare), which would be rather strange wouldn't it? Hell, look at NTRPG 1 & 2, they both utterly fail this definition of yours because the MC is aware of it at some point. To me Netorare = 'your' / the male protagonists girl gets seduced/fucked/corrupted by another dude, against the MC's will or without his knowledge. The main distinction with netorase is that the MC isn't happy about it.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
how do u get to that map everywhere i go is a dead end
Village -> East exit -> North
Forest without enemies (where you had the alchemy plant collection quest) -> North
Forest with easy enemies (3 exits: west to darker forest, north to cabin, east to forest with mine) -> East
Forest map with mine to the north (see the map i posted)
Or alternatively, from the cabin go down (& change map), then go right & change map

2.60 star(s) 9 Votes