Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Can Bella Balboa actually "win" from The D.D.D.A.? Or is the corruption absolute and unavoidable?

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Can Bella Balboa actually "win" from The D.D.D.A.? Or is the corruption absolute and unavoidable?
She’s got her work cut out for her, that’s for sure. That said, she can also be a handful. The DDDA might’ve bitten off more than they can chew.

Guess we’re gonna have to wait and find out!

RimmersRod

Oct 14, 2018
The artwork is great and it sounds like the story will be, also. It's just a shame we, as the people playing the 'game', won't have a choice to send Bella into utter depravity or to rescue her from it. I realise that it creates a lot more work for the developer to add choices and different directions into the game but, to even call it game, there should be some semblance of choice or control for the player rather than them blindly mouse clicking. Having choice also gives the player some ownership over the main character, making it a far more satisfying experience no matter what path they end up on. Sukebe, this is no criticism of what you have produced, so keep up the good work as what you've created so far is excellent. Just think about choice.

Reactions: gonzik

Sukebe_S

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
The artwork is great and it sounds like the story will be, also. It's just a shame we, as the people playing the 'game', won't have a choice to send Bella into utter depravity or to rescue her from it. I realise that it creates a lot more work for the developer to add choices and different directions into the game but, to even call it game, there should be some semblance of choice or control for the player rather than them blindly mouse clicking. Having choice also gives the player some ownership over the main character, making it a far more satisfying experience no matter what path they end up on. Sukebe, this is no criticism of what you have produced, so keep up the good work as what you've created so far is excellent. Just think about choice.
Thanks for the kind words and I totally understand what you’re saying. Perhaps I’ll transform this from a kinetic/visual novel into a proper game down the road, but I’d probably need to hire a renpy programmer to help me out (there are no words to express how terrible I am with renpy). The main reason I’m creating this is to brush up on my Daz skills and keep them somewhat sharp while I work on my main project (My Virgin Bride—which I haven’t forgotten about, don’t worry MVB fans!). I was just looking to make something fun and simple and relatively unambitious to play around with when my brain got frustrated with my other main project. But if people really like this and want me to turn it into something more interactive… who knows what the future will bring?
:)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Love the description, sounds hilarious. It's nice to see something that doesn't take itself so seriously.

Reactions: Sukebe_S

Ryefleex

Jul 4, 2020
so is this the next project of you? Are you still on hold My Virgin Bride or you will gonna abandoned it?

Sukebe_S

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
so is this the next project of you? Are you still on hold My Virgin Bride or you will gonna abandoned it?
nope! Don’t worry. BB is just a side project to help me sharpen my DAZ skills. I’m still working on MVB (very slowly…).

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
She’s got her work cut out for her, that’s for sure. That said, she can also be a handful. The DDDA might’ve bitten off more than they can chew.

Guess we’re gonna have to wait and find out!
Reason I am asking is the kinetic novel tag.

With it, there is no possibility to avoid content I may not like and I want her to "win" or at least not lose.

yazda

Mar 21, 2021
very nice game with an unusual mixed-race protagonist. I hope there will be decisions in the next version.

-dirtyoldman-

Jan 19, 2019
Wow, a first ever RenPy game that is so heavy on my PC the fan is howling from the start. While just displaying a picture. I mean, wtf? It's just a simple VN. What's next to expect, an explosion in the second chapter ? :eek:

Sukebe_S

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Looks interesting. Too bad it's kinetic.
very nice game with an unusual mixed-race protagonist. I hope there will be decisions in the next version.
Love the idea but I really need choices. ie chance to save Bella.
I really appreciate the enthusiasm for this project, and I'm happy people are weighing in. There's seems to be some fundamental confusion about the scope of what I'm trying to do, though: my plan is to make BBvtDDDA a "visual novel" or "kinetic novel." It's basically just a silly side project for me to fiddle with for when I get stuck on my main project, "My Virgin Bride." MVB is much closer to an actual game, with choices and points and whatnot. Putting in choices and points and other game-like elements is super-easy for people who know what they're doing, but I totally suck at RenPy--simple choices and point schemes take me many frustrating hours to implement and then troubleshoot.

I never really thought about making this an actual game with branching choice paths and multiple endings, etc. I just figured I'd drop a chapter here and there and people would understand it's more of a novel than a game.

That said, who knows what the future will bring.

Reason I am asking is the kinetic novel tag.

With it, there is no possibility to avoid content I may not like and I want her to "win" or at least not lose.
Think of it like a novel. If you worry a novel has content you won't like, you should probably not read that novel. That's the only protection against exposure to content you don't like.

Wow, a first ever RenPy game that is so heavy on my PC the fan is howling from the start. While just displaying a picture. I mean, wtf? It's just a simple VN. What's next to expect, an explosion in the second chapter ? :eek:
Huh. That's weird. Anyone else having issues with this? Maybe the renders are too big? Perhaps I need to change the image format or something. (Did I mention I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to these technical issues? Compared to everyone else on this site, I know very little about computers.) I hope I didn't break your PC. Maybe future installments should only be playable on PS5 consoles.

Reactions: Yngling

-dirtyoldman-

Jan 19, 2019
Huh. That's weird. Anyone else having issues with this? Maybe the renders are too big? Perhaps I need to change the image format or something.
the discrete GPU usage is constantly at about 60%
when i force it to run with integrated gfx it uses over 90% !!
don't think it's renders size, never happened with still pics before
maybe the intro animations didn't end properly?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sukebe_S
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes