RPGM Between Dream and Reality / 夢うつつの刻 (RJ322734) [DH files]

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Close to declared release date dev claimed someone from his family died, and that he resumes development. Then he went silent since 24.03.
Well tbf 24.03 is less than a month. I've seen devs on ci-en or patreon take 3 times as long not posting any updates with little to no excuse. It's not that long a time.

Reactions: 1234Paul

Arthur1893

Dec 3, 2019
Back when he posted weekly on cien he used to post on Saturdays, and since the plan was for the game to release this month he'll probably post either tomorrow (the 20th) or the 27th. Either that the game is finished or (more likely) that he needs some more time. Although Japanese h-game creators seem to live dangerously (car crash, death of family members, illness) and push deadlines a lot, I'm inclined to believe this guy, he has been making weekly updates for several years and seems to be a (comparatively) hard worker. This long between posts is the normal length between updates for other creators, like for example the notoriously lazy Shinchaku Castella who postponed his game two years due to mind breaking himself with NTR.

Last edited:

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Back when he posted weekly on cien he used to post on Saturdays, and since the plan was for the game to release this month he'll probably post either tomorrow (the 20th) or the 27th. Either that the game is finished or (more likely) that he needs some more time. Although Japanese h-game creators seem to live dangerously (car crash, death of family members, illness) and push deadlines a lot, I'm inclined to believe this guy, he has been making weekly updates for several years and seems to be a (comparatively) hard worker. This long between posts is the normal length between updates for other creators, like for example the notoriously lazy Shinchaku Castella who postponed his game two years due to mind breaking himself with NTR.
Honestly it's really worrying. I often don't know what I should believe. But in the end both is worrying. Japanese (h-game and other) developers neglect their health (hand problems often due to overworking themselves with art, issues with digestion or obesity, lack of sports), get into car accidents, have family issues etc. is insane. Equally worrying is it if they just post excuses and some of these things are actually not even true.

Iirc S.Castella did actually have massive back and hand problems.

Reactions: Arthur1893

Arthur1893

Dec 3, 2019
Honestly it's really worrying. I often don't know what I should believe. But in the end both is worrying. Japanese (h-game and other) developers neglect their health (hand problems often due to overworking themselves with art, issues with digestion or obesity, lack of sports), get into car accidents, have family issues etc. is insane. Equally worrying is it if they just post excuses and some of these things are actually not even true.
It can probably be linked with how in Japanese work culture you're expected to put in a lot of hours, and it might not be culturally possible for them to admit that they didn't meet a deadline because of some force majeure, but instead that the deadline they set was unrealistic to begin with. On the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if these game developers didn't have the best of health, some are probably NEET adjacent as well. Anyway if there's no life signs from the developer of this game this month, it might be time to start to worrying for real.

Iirc S.Castella did actually have massive back and hand problems.
From what I've understood he seems to be doing better both mentally and physically, could probably finish the game this year. Though last I heard he was adding some dressup-function to the game, so uh I dunno, might be profitable to milk with cien-posts sadly.

Reactions: Ion.TemUS

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
From what I've understood he seems to be doing better both mentally and physically, could probably finish the game this year. Though last I heard he was adding some dressup-function to the game, so uh I dunno, might be profitable to milk with cien-posts sadly.
If I had a dollar every time a dev who is late on a project already is like "oh wait, there is this completely new system that I want to built in from the ground up"....

Zekken018

Jan 22, 2022
Guess we got april fools lol
But joke aside if they didn't update their status next month that would be worrying enough

Arthur1893

Dec 3, 2019
I don't understand, is this game complete and is he creating a new one? correct?
No, it hasn't been released yet, and it's his first game. Sorry, I might've confused you by talking about another creator, Shinchaku Castella, who also has an upcoming game set for release this year.

with the game so close to release, surely they wont dissapear before upload, right?
Sure hope he doesn't, because I'm quite looking forward to this one. I don't really care about NTR tbh, just like when heroine ends up in a lovey-dovey relationship with an older/ugly male. Usually the dev posted a few minutes past midnight (Japanese-timezone) on Saturdays, and it was supposed to release this month. It's now Saturday 02:25 Japanese-time, so not looking great but not terrible atm. If before we were on DEFCON-5, we're now on DEFCON-4. DEFCON-3 if he doesn't post this month or first week/ten days next month.

Reactions: Komdot