Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Chapter 4 First Dev Update + Monthly Discord Winner!

Before we get started on the Dev Update, let me say congrats to "kmklr72" on Discord. They are the first winner of the monthly Discord Nitro giveaway! This giveaway is open to anyone and everyone who is on the Discord. There is no required payment for entry! So make sure you join the Discord ASAP so you don't miss the next drawing!

Alright, on to the Dev Update. I've hit the ground running, and running hard! I'm already over a quarter of the way done with writing, and I've started rendering far earlier than I have in the past. I've even got a couple animations done already! I'm aiming for Chapter 4 to have at least 2 hours of content, and it is absolutely looking like I'll hit that mark. I'm going to TRY to have the next update out at the end of March/first week of April, which would be a 9 week cycle. That would be pretty huge!

Trello link for tracking development:

Thank you everyone, and I look forward to having more for you soon!

btw-04-01-002.png

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Chapter 4 First Dev Update + Monthly Discord Winner!

Before we get started on the Dev Update, let me say congrats to "kmklr72" on Discord. They are the first winner of the monthly Discord Nitro giveaway! This giveaway is open to anyone and everyone who is on the Discord. There is no required payment for entry! So make sure you join the Discord ASAP so you don't miss the next drawing!

Alright, on to the Dev Update. I've hit the ground running, and running hard! I'm already over a quarter of the way done with writing, and I've started rendering far earlier than I have in the past. I've even got a couple animations done already! I'm aiming for Chapter 4 to have at least 2 hours of content, and it is absolutely looking like I'll hit that mark. I'm going to TRY to have the next update out at the end of March/first week of April, which would be a 9 week cycle. That would be pretty huge!

Trello link for tracking development:

Thank you everyone, and I look forward to having more for you soon!

View attachment 1635199
please let MC put a baby inside her.

Hahn1900

Formerly 'Hahn81'
Jan 3, 2021
Uhh hard to judge for me, so i will not write in the review section to give stars... just my opinion in this thread.

Iam split in half about the game...

But first things first.

On the technical side this game is great. really good renders, nice animations. Good sound. Writing is good too... nothing to complain, on the contrary, i praise the work, really really good in all these departments.

The girls are sweet and i love Hannah from the start. The group of friends is overall very nice, the banter and chit chat between them are natural and comes of realistic and entertaining.

I really really could enjoy this game very much for an eternity if its would just be that, of course adding some spice to it with relationship drama and so on. But thats not the way this game goes...

Instead the fantasypart becomes a big part, or better said the main part. And sorry to say that, thats just not my thing... not one bit. so this kills the game for me overall. I could deal with the fantasy part if it just would be the "Pen and Paper games" the group is playing, i could skip this (which i did for the most part in chapter 2) and thats it... but the overall story turns into some fantasy stuff is invading the real world... and thats the point where iam out. I like fantasy, i like sci-fi, i like realistic setting... but what i dont like is when they are getting mixed up like it is the case in this game.

So to be fair, a story i dont like dont make it a bad game, but i just cant enjoy it either, so if i had to rate it with stars it wouldnt be fair to the dev i guess. There are many books, movies and games out there that are really well made, but have a story i dont like, or a setting i dont like... are they generally bad because of that? No of course not, its just not my thing.

I can easily say, the game is well made, and the dev is putting some serious effort into this, and i wish the dev good look with this project, if the fantasy invading the reality thing would be for me this could be a 5 star game. But for me its not, cause it doesnt really matter how well made the game is, when the story is a "turn off" for me... so sadly, nope this game is not for me.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Uhh hard to judge for me, so i will not write in the review section to give stars... just my opinion in this thread.

Iam split in half about the game...

But first things first.

On the technical side this game is great. really good renders, nice animations. Good sound. Writing is good too... nothing to complain, on the contrary, i praise the work, really really good in all these departments.

The girls are sweet and i love Hannah from the start. The group of friends is overall very nice, the banter and chit chat between them are natural and comes of realistic.

I really really could enjoy this game very much for an eternity if its would just be that, of course adding some spice to it with relationship drama and so on. But thats not the way this game goes...

Instead the fantasypart becomes a big part, or better said the main part. And sorry to say that, thats just not my thing... not one bit. so this kills the game for me overall. I could deal with the fantasy part if it just would be the "Pen and Paper games" the group is playing, i could skip this (which i did for the most part in chapter 2) and thats it... but the overall story turns into some fantasy stuff is invading the real world... and thats the point where iam out. I like fantasy, i like sci-fi, i like realistic setting... but what i dont like is when they are getting mixed up like it is the case in this game.

So to be fair, a story i dont like dont make it a bad game, but i just cant enjoy it either, so if i had to rate it with stars it wouldnt be fair to the dev i guess. There are many books, movies and games out there that are really well made, but have a story i dont like, or a setting i dont like... are they generally bad because of that? No of course not, its just not my thing.

I can easily say, the game is well made, and the dev is putting some serious effort into this, and i wish the dev good look with this project, if the fantasy invading the reality thing would be for me this could be a 5 star game. But for me its not, cause it doesnt really matter how well made the game is, when the story is a "turn off" for me... so sadly, nope this game is not for me.
Thank you for this. I'm curious about something though, and I'd like your feedback to ensure I don't confuse anyone, or waste anyones time. I thought that the synopsis and details on the main post of the thread were clear about where this is heading. If this can be made more clear, I'd like to hear it! I really do not mean to mislead anyone as to what this is.

As this is my first time doing this, I really do appreciate what you said!

Reactions: portgasdluigi

Hahn1900

Formerly 'Hahn81'
Jan 3, 2021
Thank you for this. I'm curious about something though, and I'd like your feedback to ensure I don't confuse anyone, or waste anyones time. I thought that the synopsis and details on the main post of the thread were clear about where this is heading. If this can be made more clear, I'd like to hear it! I really do not mean to mislead anyone as to what this is.

As this is my first time doing this, I really do appreciate what you said!
Well no the discription is somewhat clear... but you know, just take a look at most discriptions around here and you will notice... most of the time they mean shit :D

And besides that, if i look back to the discription of your game in the starting post, it could pretty much be just a "sideplot" or something like that, and with that i could deal... i just hoped it wouldnt be that much of an impact to the game and story like it has become.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Drooskati
Still playing your game and I can say it's worth my time. Moreover, I can say you're the best one to show tabletop RPG in the game. Beside you I can name only a few devs who dares to step into that and you clearly outmatch every one of them. It looks like you know what it is to play tabletop RPG (and Pathfinder, nice one), Oscar is a good DM (too much rails but he's young, he still has time to master his DMing. Or not, with his party rails is the best approach) and with your style of writing I really enjoy how you describe the gaming process.
Still I have a couple of questions. While in village when rogue want to look at person watches them, DM asks her to roll her Stealth. Why? If she wants to look at creature, it's Perception. And if she wants to do it stealthily, it's Bluff and then Perception. It's social disguise, not that she really becomes stealthy. Then, the next one, character build of Jhoram. If he's cleric then why unarmed combat? Not mace or deity's favored weapon. It lessens the damage output and he needs to multiclass in monk for his attacks to make lethal damage. I don't get that. And the third one (slightly more than a couple, I know): why there are only humans in the party? For the rogue it's better to be catfolk or elf (and in addition it's better for our eyes), sorcerer can be a dragonborn. Cleric is better as a human, of course, and it's better for Emily to play human. But rogue... she can be so much build-wise as a catfolk... Dex+5 from the start and not only that... It's Pathfinder, what's stopping you? Sorry, too many years of DMing and playing.
Again, thanks for what you're doing, I really enjoy your game, please continue.

UPD:
And your jokes, you certainly a fellow role player. Changing dice, it's inside joke but I know what it is. And the left is right, I feel you on that. In our games in Russia we say "Who goes left always find it" (in approximate translation).

Last edited:

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Still playing your game and I can say it's worth my time. Moreover, I can say you're the best one to show tabletop RPG in the game. Beside you I can name only a few devs who dares to step into that and you clearly outmatch every one of them. It looks like you know what it is to play tabletop RPG (and Pathfinder, nice one), Oscar is a good DM (too much rails but he's young, he still has time to master his DMing. Or not, with his party rails is the best approach) and with your style of writing I really enjoy how you describe the gaming process.
Still I have a couple of questions. While in village when rogue want to look at person watches them, DM asks her to roll her Stealth. Why? If she wants to look at creature, it's Perception. And if she wants to do it stealthily, it's Bluff and then Perception. It's social disguise, not that she really becomes stealthy. Then, the next one, character build of Jhoram. If he's cleric then why unarmed combat? Not mace or deity's favored weapon. It lessens the damage output and he needs to multiclass in monk for his attacks to make lethal damage. I don't get that. And the third one (slightly more than a couple, I know): why there are only humans in the party? For the rogue it's better to be catfolk or elf (and in addition it's better for our eyes), sorcerer can be a dragonborn. Cleric is better as a human, of course, and it's better for Emily to play human. But rogue... she can be so much build-wise as a catfolk... Dex+5 from the start and not only that... It's Pathfinder, what's stopping you? Sorry, too many years of DMing and playing.
Again, thanks for what you're doing, I really enjoy your game, please continue.

UPD:
And your jokes, you certainly a fellow role player. Changing dice, it's inside joke but I know what it is. And the left is right, I feel you on that. In our games in Russia we say "Who goes left always find it" (in approximate translation).
Hey! Thanks for the comments and feedback :) Yeah, I've been tabletop gaming for a couple decades now. It's insanely fun, love every minute of it! Anyway, lemme address some of what you said:

Re: Oscar and the rails, part of that is simply due to the nature of the game. Because I need to guide you to where the game is heading, not to mention the fact that doing it "properly" would result in a 6 month development cycle, I have to take away some of the player agency. It's an unfortunate side effect :(

Re: The Stealth check, you're absolutely right. I need to correct that in the script. Thanks!

Re: Jhoram, I actually do have a blunt weapon for him, it just hasn't been used yet. In C2, his movement was meant more as a grapple to help Emily/Kesrei, but I think I could make that significantly more clear in the text.

Re: Only humans, this is a design choice almost entirely due to the nature of the game. I agree with you that in a standard tabletop game, they would have different races, but I wanted them to retain their real world appearances when the crossovers start happening. Many of my design ideas were inspired by the movie "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising", as well as the Viva la Dirt League guys.

Don't be sorry! I take pride in being responsive to you all, and I'm happy to respond :) Thanks for playing, and I hope you enjoy!

portgasdluigi

Jul 24, 2021
Hey! Thanks for the comments and feedback :) Yeah, I've been tabletop gaming for a couple decades now. It's insanely fun, love every minute of it! Anyway, lemme address some of what you said:

Re: Oscar and the rails, part of that is simply due to the nature of the game. Because I need to guide you to where the game is heading, not to mention the fact that doing it "properly" would result in a 6 month development cycle, I have to take away some of the player agency. It's an unfortunate side effect :(

Re: The Stealth check, you're absolutely right. I need to correct that in the script. Thanks!

Re: Jhoram, I actually do have a blunt weapon for him, it just hasn't been used yet. In C2, his movement was meant more as a grapple to help Emily/Kesrei, but I think I could make that significantly more clear in the text.

Re: Only humans, this is a design choice almost entirely due to the nature of the game. I agree with you that in a standard tabletop game, they would have different races, but I wanted them to retain their real world appearances when the crossovers start happening. Many of my design ideas were inspired by the movie "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising", as well as the Viva la Dirt League guys.

Don't be sorry! I take pride in being responsive to you all, and I'm happy to respond :) Thanks for playing, and I hope you enjoy!
I love "The Gamers" hahaha. I haven't seen it in years though.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017

Still playing. Small thing I noticed in Ch3: Emily and MC talk about Farenheit 451 and they both agree George Orwell wrote that (Emily even said it's from Wikipedia). But it's not true. Farenheit 451 was written by Ray Bradbury, it's well-known fact and Wikipedia approves that (seriously, I checked it right after I read those words)).

UPD
Finished it. As it turned out scene in library was right before the end of chapter 3. It was good while it lasts, shame it was so short. Your writing is so good I just dive into it from lauching the game to "it's the end already".

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 56 Votes