Luther Grady

Dec 5, 2020
Alright, I just noticed something that I can't unsee and it's bugging the hell out of me. Skylar, the rogue, is wearing archery gloves / finger protectors, and Hannah, the archer (ranger), is wearing actual gloves.
View attachment 4039236

You're doing it wrong, ladies!

Edit : About the ending : I'm glad the Djinn ring made a return, but now I'm torn between seeing her again and the possibility of Bailey Wild Shaping into an Owlbear because they didn't take nature magic into account, and her tearing everything apart.
These are women! Fashion coordination trumps practicality every time.

• Haha
Reactions: divingmedic

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Alright, I just noticed something that I can't unsee and it's bugging the hell out of me. Skylar, the rogue, is wearing archery gloves / finger protectors, and Hannah, the archer (ranger), is wearing actual gloves.
View attachment 4039236

You're doing it wrong, ladies!

Edit : About the ending : I'm glad the Djinn ring made a return, but now I'm torn between seeing her again and the possibility of Bailey Wild Shaping into an Owlbear because they didn't take nature magic into account, and her tearing everything apart.
These are women! Fashion coordination trumps practicality every time.
Remember prior to the transference they were role-playing and we were in the mind of the MC.
Then his latent power accessed his subconscious to outfit them.

So any fashion inaccuracies are HIS fault.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
And he probably didn't even consider someone could block his magic.
The only problem with that is that they only just got back from the fairy realm where another companion was imprisoned, and his magic didn't work there either.
So he literally just did the same thing, go through a portal to a place his magic doesn't work.

If the MC is just supposed to be an idiot, then I guess that's fine, though groups being led by idiots don't tend to last long.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Sorry, I haven't read the prior posts so forgive me if this has been mentioned.

To begin, I was pleasantly surprised by this game, I only started playing this a few days ago and must say, the music and env. sounds are very well chosen.
I normally turn off the music in most VN's fairly quickly, but with this one it actually gives a great feel of immersion.

I do have some critiques though... there's a couple of moments where the continuity rambles on all sides.

I didn't make a note the first few times, because ok sometimes it happens. But some were so painfully obvious they stuck with me.

For instance, prior to the moment when Alorine makes here entrance when they are playing the game, there's a loud bang and all the windows supposedly close.
However, in the next few scenes, they are suddenly opened again...

Then there's the moment MC and Skylar visit the mermaids, and MC gets told about the pirate captain's name and the fact she's a woman.
But in the follow-up scenes, they start referring to the captain as a 'him' and MC is surprised when he enters the captain's quarters to find it's a woman, and an attractive one at that...

There were some minor other ones earlier in the game, but like I said, I didn't make a note of these. Maybe in my second play-through...

Last edited:

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I've just replayed that area twice and I never see that.

I get;

View attachment 4041438
and
View attachment 4041444

In my game there is no fireball in the hand between the entrance and the eating scene, after which he gets new clothes.
As UnoriginalUserName points out, there are multiple paths. With sufficient encouragement, MC is able to get his magic to work. However, there is a difference in situation happening. No one is actively working to suppress the MC's magic while in the Fae realm. It's just a side effect of the area, and it's new to him. At the end of the chapter, he's actively being prevented by someone with more experience than MC has.

Reactions: Rehwyn

Belgrath19

Oct 28, 2018
OK. I find the basic game doesn't remember setting. Why do I need to remove full-screen and mute the music every time I start the game.
As a guy who's played RPG's for 40 years, I find the story telling is a bit lame!! Why are they walking from A to B and not learning their class skills or spells? Why would the story state the MC must learn to control his magic along the way and not have him try it out while resting at camp?
What about Baliey? Why let her walk around without showing her something to her fight? Druid ok but why not teach her her skills, crate water, entangle or Plant growth spell?

Shangaria

Dec 28, 2019
Loving the game so far, only thing is, so far it doesn't seem like a real harem game? More like a swinger/ poly kinda relationship if you don't go for alone Hannah since you can't do anything with anyone outside when Hannah decides it and there is no love involved with the others, just some fun. Makes it realistic to start with, just wondering if it will change or stay this way?

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
OK. I find the basic game doesn't remember setting. Why do I need to remove full-screen and mute the music every time I start the game.
As a guy who's played RPG's for 40 years, I find the story telling is a bit lame!! Why are they walking from A to B and not learning their class skills or spells? Why would the story state the MC must learn to control his magic along the way and not have him try it out while resting at camp?
What about Baliey? Why let her walk around without showing her something to her fight? Druid ok but why not teach her her skills, crate water, entangle or Plant growth spell?
I'll entertain this comment for a moment.

The game remembers the settings, always did.

The magic bit is explained in the game, his true potential is connected to his emotional state, you can't practice that.

As for Bailey, seriously? Girl is a 100 pounds soaking wet, and you want her to fight fucking orcs? :ROFLMAO: With what? Everyone else has skills, she doesn't. Now this changed, and you can teach her stuff.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Why are they walking from A to B and not learning their class skills or spells?
Because contrary to when they're playing the table-top version, they're in a 'real-world' environment.
Without much of any real experience other that what they know from the game and what they're supposed to be able do at the level of their game characters, they wouldn't automatically assume to have all spells/skills associated with a higher level. Like the MC didn't expect to be able to throw a fire-lance burning a hole right through that orc.

Druid ok but why not teach her her skills, crate water, entangle or Plant growth spell?
Uh... what? Come on, they just discovered she has some skills. How much and to what extent, they haven't got a clue, she is basically still a level zero.
Besides, you're really going to depend on her being able to use those skills in the thick of a fight with zero experience in using said skills and not even knowing which ones she has?

Last edited:
Reactions: Luther Grady

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Loving the game so far, only thing is, so far it doesn't seem like a real harem game? More like a swinger/ poly kinda relationship if you don't go for alone Hannah since you can't do anything with anyone outside when Hannah decides it and there is no love involved with the others, just some fun. Makes it realistic to start with, just wondering if it will change or stay this way?
It's not a harem (as in Pokemon) game. You can haz Hannah, Emily, Skylar with some Bailey on the side. Bailey only happens on the good path because, d'oh, she's a gud gril.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ruffuss

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm so confused about this game.

It's really good and the characters are great but everytime there is trouble it makes me think this is a parody because they are the worst group of "hero's" ever.

They barely manage to do anything right, constantly getting trapped, their tank has spent more time getting beat down and only killed 1 Ork because he ran into her sword when he didn't see her (she got sparked out by an unarmed Goblin), the MC can barely cast a spell without needing a nap and to top it all off his idea of a rescue is to open a portal inside the cell and trap himself.......

Skylar and Hannah are about the only 2 useful ones.

As it stands, to quote a great Youtube show, Alurine is going to find fighting them to be super easy, barely and inconvenience.

I know the need for tension and drama but you don't need to make them look so useless all the time. With such a massive struggle against trash mobs it's going to take the strongest plot armour since Kai Leng for them to have any hope against someone who could probably kill them while reading the morning paper and sipping on a cup of Earl Grey.

This is the 4th time someone from the group has been put in a cell or cage.

I know it doesn't sound like it but I do genuinely enjoy it. My only point is they seem a tad too incompetent to be trying to fight a worlds big bad.

Reactions: saksomanyak

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I know it doesn't sound like it but I do genuinely enjoy it. My only point is they seem a tad too incompetent to be trying to fight a worlds big bad.
It's almost as if they are in a strange new environment that they aren't used to, using abilities that are new to them, and having to deal with situations that were entirely unprepared for :)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's almost as if they are in a strange new environment that they aren't used to, using abilities that are new to them, and having to deal with situations that were entirely unprepared for :)
Which I accept the first time but making repeated mistakes and not learning or adapting while still walking towards the big bad everyone else is terrified of isn't a good look on them. When the first big incident happens they even mention having a sentry duty at night then proceed to not have one nor mention it ever again.

Especially when Hannah and Skylar seem to have picked theirs up pretty quickly meanwhile their fighter can't fight, their mage can barely do magic, the girl we know can sense magic and has done so a few time already walks straight into the middle of a fairy portal, their cleric has done 1 solitary thing and that's heal an arm.

Yet not a single one of them has said "you know what, we kinda suck at this, maybe we should train a bit before we give the most powerful being in the realm a bunch of easy kills and hand over the very thing she needs"....

4.40 star(s) 61 Votes