VN Ren'Py Beyond Tomorrow [Ch.1] [Dream Games]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

-Agito-

Sep 23, 2017
Sorry, I had no idea Canto Forte was the spokesperson for this community. Everywhere in your posts, you use labels like "we all" or "nobody". You will probably be surprised, but the reactions that I get even outside of this page are definitely not proof that "everyone" or "nobody" would want what you consider a problem.

Any averagely intelligent person will leave my game if they find that it does not contain the content they are interested in. I'm not a fan of futa or trans, and if I find such a game, I don't play it. I can't imagine that I would invest my time in going to the game's developer's thread and pestering him to remove this content because I don't like it. Instead, you and six other people go back and try to implement your demands in my head. You know what's funny? That you don't just do it to me but to every developer, and you get the feeling that every developer is some kind of trained monkey that jumps as you whistle. It's shocking that someone can tell you that directly, isn't it?

Who is Marcus? I'll tell you a secret... Such a character does not exist in my game. But I'm glad you made it clear that you absolutely do not pay attention to the things that happen in the game you're playing and still want to comment on them.
I love this post so much. I can't count the many times on other threads people do the same thing and then it turns into a full page or 2 argument. You have my respect.

iMucha

Jan 3, 2021
If I understand it correctly, in the next releases we will sometimes follow the sisters POV and see her sex scenes and stuff right? Then this should get Multiple and Female protagonist tags.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
DAZ can do animation. Blender can do animation. Ren”Py can do animation.
There is to this day this term: motion picture - it means movie the cinema way:
stills on a roll that run at high velocity to produce a motion picture, a.k.a. a movie.
Which ever way dev wants to use, if they actually have them, just stick it in this early,
now is the time to experiment, before actual plot moving content gets introduced to the game.
1685268403588.png
This is already in the game and in the Original Post: Female only scene with these girls talking about MC.
Tags about role changes are there :

The actual scene is about ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
this should get Multiple and Female protagonist tags
Have you played my game?
Yes I have ... I do not mind all the girl perspectives and their talks about MC behind his back,
or the other times the camera does a fly by so we see people we are not quite acquainted with.

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
First of all, congrats, really impressive first release! This week has been spoiling me.

This is not me trying to change your mind, or even what expectations I have from the game, this is just how I would approach this situation if I was in your position, to keep my(in this case, your) peace of mind, make the non MC lewd scenes skippable, as in have a button prompt if you want to watch it and if you really feel that the information learned during the scene is important, add one, or two black screens with text relaying that info we learned after the skip.

But, let's be honest here, in over 30 VNs I played so far, I can't remember a single non-MC sex scene that advances the plot, or presents character development, they are, for all intends and purposes, filler content and are just there to scratch an itch. Not saying is impossible to use gratuitous scenes that way, the Theon and the hooker and Littlefinger auditioning the two hookers in his brothel in S1 of Game of Thrones are famous scenes that reveal character defining traits for both characters, but the same kind of info can be easily presented in other less awkward ways.

Before I sidetrack too much, I would keep Olivia's relationships to PDA, kissing, hugging, holding hands, whatever its important to preserve the immersion that these characters are in a relationship, but keep the rearranging of organs and other hardcore stuff as optional.

By the way, its not only the people that get turned off, or made uncomfortable by this type of content that have problems with Non-MC sex scenes, there are a lot that will dislike it because they consider it a waste of resources and development time, that could have been better used on more MC scenes, since that is the entire purpose of playing the game in the first place.

Just food for thought, can't wait to see where the story goes next.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Trust me, you wouldn't succeed :KEK:

Look... The rest of the things you wrote were never confirmed by me. These are all "thoughts" and guesses based on a few users who came here (most of them didn't even play my game) and started spreading such conspiracy theories among other users. When I tried to explain how it is or how it will be in the future, it was ignored, and all I got was a facepalm from some primitive who demands sex scenes with a character lying in the hospital dying of cancer. I stopped having fun explaining the same things over and over again; it's a waste of time.

The only thing I can recommend is to wait for the second chapter. I believe that it will help more people understand my intention. And as I wrote a while ago in another thread, players need to stop jumping to conclusions about the game based on just one chapter. Every game or story evolves, as does mine.
4qdp5t.png

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
English is not my native language. Many things I want to say turn out to be completely different in translation. In the past, I've had a few misunderstandings because of this. Since I started making the game, I've been taking English classes, but I'm not very good at learning things I don't enjoy.

The boy was supposed to represent a character who goes to college, lives a carefree life, spends the weekend mostly on parties, alcohol, marijuana, changing women, and many other classic things. The man represented a character who suddenly completely abandons his previous lifestyle and takes responsibility for important things such as finances, starts working, and takes care of his family.

Unfortunately, I didn't know there was such a difference, and it actually meant something different. If you are an English-speaking person, I would be happy if you could tell me how it should be written correctly.
The term "Man-child" might work.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'm the one asking lol ,,since he has a sister and a mother I'll consider the possibility of incest
I think you have that backwards. Since he has a sister and mother, the possibility of incest is very very low. If, on the other hand he was living with a landlady and housemate...

• Sad
Reactions: Xrisoner

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
The term "Man-child" might work.
Not really, mostly the term Man-child is used as an adult behaving as a child. (or not of his age...)
Probably adolescent would be better suited (a teenager on his way to develop into an adult)

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
[...] But, let's be honest here, in over 30 VNs I played so far, I can't remember a single non-MC sex scene that advances the plot, or presents character development, they are, for all intends and purposes, filler content and are just there to scratch an itch. [...]
So, Josy is with Maya just because of the itch? Wasn't it Tara who helped Jaye, in a very pleasant way I would say, to finally admit that she loves and craves her brother? Just saying :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: NebulousShooter

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
So, Josy is with Maya just because of the itch? Wasn't it Tara who helped Jaye, in a very pleasant way I would say, to finally admit that she loves and craves her brother? Just saying :)
Animating(the dev) and seeing the scenes(the audience) is the itch I talk about, not the characters relationship :ROFLMAO: In the same post I point out how it can be pretty much implied just by having characters hugging, kissing, holding hands, scissoring is not required for the relationship to be believable, you add it in the game if you want to target that audience :Kappa:

Reactions: yossa999

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
NOTE: There is one image in the game that is subject to the futa or trans tag. Furthermore, the game is not based on this content.

I feel like the creator added this just to get that Tag for more views I know I wouldn't of bothered downloading if I woulda realized it was only 1 image, I feel like why even add that into the game its just filler content at that point. Well good luck with your game.
Actually, mods added that tag because of reports, so blame the ultra sensitives that couldn't take a joke.

Tags should be used only if the tag is fetishized in game, would you expect a gay tag, if the MC accidently opens a toilet stall and a guy in there is taking a shit? How about a scat tag? Everything is so dumb around here sometimes. :HideThePain:

Edit: Also love how you assume that the futa enjoying community is so big that it trumps the people that will avoid the game because of the tag.

Saphfire

Mar 19, 2022
Well the difference is, that in both games they are LI, here the dev the made it clear: Olivia is not a LI of the MC.
Therefore it adds nothing to story, except to give some cucks something to look forward to.

If, and this is a big IF it turns out that Olivia is adopted (easily explainable), then it would be related to the story.

For many players, me included, this is a no go. I am not interested in watching (especially in RL watching my sister having sex...).
To be honest this uncernity is the reason why i not immediatly support the dev on patreon.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022
I think you have that backwards. Since he has a sister and mother, the possibility of incest is very very low. If, on the other hand he was living with a landlady and housemate...
zero possibility, the dev mentioned that he won't include incest due to the fact that all devs do it and he wants to be different, even though he uses those same patreon friendly tags that most people use

Reactions: Bnshy and Dragon59

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
zero possibility, the dev mentioned that he won't include incest due to the fact that all devs do it and he wants to be different, even though he uses those same patreon friendly tags that most people use
That's effectively what I was saying. Since the Patreon Friendly version already has them as family members, there's no sex with them...no matter how cuddly at at ease they are with each other.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Well the difference is, that in both games MC is a LI, here the dev the made it clear: Olivia is not a LI of the MC.
Therefore it adds nothing to story, except to give some cucks something to look forward to.

If, and this is a big IF it turns out that Olivia is adopted (easily explainable), then it would be related to the story.

For many players, me included, this is a no go. I am not interested in watching (especially in RL watching my sister having sex...).
To be honest this uncernity is the reason why i not immediatly support the dev on patreon.
Really fed up with this argument on here but I simply can't be helped at this point. I knew the moment Olivia was tagged as a LI people were going to feel a certain way. I know how incest fans get about sisters in games and I also knew that an even the idea of Martin being a romantically involved with Olivia would also stir up people.

Nov 8, 2020
Hi, Dev! No incest? NTR? I, like many other, play games with NTR content just when MC is pathetic, ridiculous, cowardly. A kind of Dantean contrapasso, in short. In the case of your game, I see that’s serious shit and I can't stand NTR rats looting my girl-pantry. I was really enjoying that game, I think you’re talented and would have supported you but count me out; I’ve already deleted it from my hard drive. My advice is to add the incest path, and if you really want to keep stepping on shit, in the NTR path, then make it avoidable at the very least.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 24 Votes