VN Ren'Py Beyond Tomorrow [Ch.1] [Dream Games]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Hi, Dev! No incest? NTR? I, like many other, play games with NTR content just when MC is pathetic, ridiculous, cowardly. A kind of Dantean contrapasso, in short. In the case of your game, I see that’s serious shit and I can't stand rats looting my pantry. I was really enjoying that game, I think you’re talented and would have supported you but count me out; I’ve already deleted it from my hard drive. My advice is to add the incest path, and if you really want to keep stepping on shit, in the NTR path, then make it avoidable at the very least.
slap.gif

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Well the difference is, that in both games MC is a LI,
The MC is an LI for the MC? Isn't that just masturbation?
Really fed up with this argument on here but I simply can't be helped at this point. I knew the moment Olivia was tagged as a LI people were going to feel a certain way. I know how incest fans get about sisters in games and I also knew that an even the idea of Martin being a romantically involved with Olivia would also stir up people.
Olivia is tagged as an LI? I thought the whole controversy is that she's NOT an LI.

constantine

Jul 1, 2017
Well the difference is, that in both games MC is a LI, here the dev the made it clear: Olivia is not a LI of the MC.
Therefore it adds nothing to story, except to give some cucks something to look forward to.

If, and this is a big IF it turns out that Olivia is adopted (easily explainable), then it would be related to the story.

For many players, me included, this is a no go. I am not interested in watching (especially in RL watching my sister having sex...).
To be honest this uncernity is the reason why i not immediatly support the dev on patreon.
But it is related to the story. Olivia's mom is dying, and she's expressed how afraid she is of being alone. So, her wanting companionship makes sense for her character.

And unless it's forced (which I don't think it should be), rather than a choice, you won't have to watch them have sex.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
This whole thing is also pretty big nonsense (I don't blame you). The whole sex scene in which Olivia plays the main role is part of her memory of her relationship with Sasha (the girl). In that memory, the period before their relationship, during their relationship, and after the end of the relationship is shown, leading up to what happened to her mother when Olivia messed up a lot of things that were important (these things are also mentioned at the end of the first chapter).

Yes, it's true - she has a relationship with Martin - AS BEST FRIENDS. Martin says at the beginning of the game that he misses Olivia. There is something between them; maybe he feels something for her after all these years (who knows), but I didn't write anywhere that they are a couple or that we will be watching their sex scenes. Even if I don't write it directly, most people will understand. Olivia talks about being alone and being afraid of being alone. This is not what a person who is in a relationship with another person is talking about. This was perfectly clear to most people until a few individuals got involved and started creating such theories here. A lie supported by the fact that I allegedly confirmed it, despite the fact that it never happened.
i get your trying to set the story and characters having sex scenes with the mc sister that dont involve him will inevitable get the rection youve gotten here.

Reactions: seja10

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Show me where I wrote that or confirmed something like that. I read my comments yesterday because I was starting to believe that I really wrote them somewhere, despite the fact that it was not my plan at all. But I couldn't find anything like that anywhere.

I never said that Olivia and Martin were in a relationship or that there would be any sex scenes between them. The only misunderstanding that could have arisen was when I wrote that "something exists between them," but it was already clear from the game itself that they have nothing but friendship. So how can such a thing be confirmed when I never wrote it?
you getting to much into it

let the users discuss - take a break
your nerves will thank you
we appreciate dev´s who are active , but you will get tired of defending to much

Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
I'm really glad I don't self-insert as much as some seem to. I've really enjoyed the story so far, and look forward to where it might go. I did find it odd that the younger versions of Olivia & Sam had faces that somehow looked older than their adult faces. At least, to me they did. :ROFLMAO:

DreamGames I think your biggest mistake was making Olivia way too attractive, and then having her topless. I completely understand why those who see the MC as their avatar would want their character to be intimate with her. :cool:

Also, if your country is so against incest that they would jail you for depicting it in a fictional story, how do they deal with made up stuff like Game Of Thrones, (books, or TV show) or even the actual histories of most, if not all European monarchies? (Or royals the world over, for that matter.) Do they censor it, or just outright ban it?

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
I don't want to unnecessarily make a statement confirming something, but Chapter 2 or Chapter 3 should contain sex scenes with his sister (not between the MC and her). I don't want to reveal more now, but if someone is really interested, then yes, it will be in the game.

It will probably be quite stupid of me, but I really don't know how those tags work; I never understood them. Sometimes it happens (also in Chapter 1) that I show the game from the point of view of another character, such as his sister, but it's more just to tell some things related to the story. Is it considered a "female protagonist"?
Show me where I wrote that or confirmed something like that. I read my comments yesterday because I was starting to believe that I really wrote them somewhere, despite the fact that it was not my plan at all. But I couldn't find anything like that anywhere.

I never said that Olivia and Martin were in a relationship or that there would be any sex scenes between them. The only misunderstanding that could have arisen was when I wrote that "something exists between them," but it was already clear from the game itself that they have nothing but friendship. So how can such a thing be confirmed when I never wrote it?
i was referring to this

Sarif119

Mar 29, 2020
Btw in OP showing multi protagonist
Is it or Is it wrong? I already completed Ch. 1 didn't see that

sulek83

Dec 16, 2021
Since MC is already in relationship from the beginning (With a girl we basically know nothing about since dev didnt build background on her) without any choice in the matter and players are for a ride on the passenger seat shouldnt this game be tagged as kinetic novel? Its preety obvious to me that its author telling us story as he sees it.

Besides this story have one big flaw and its exactly it, not enough background to understand or at least being familiar with characters. Someone might say "we get to know them through story" and that would be ok if not this one little detail - relationships, because from this moment a pile of question is rising up. Why they are in relationship? When? How? What they sees in each other, whats her agenda and who is exactly this girl beside being his sister friend? etc. I belive good story should first introduce us to characters, their motives and agendas which allow us to develop personal thoughts or feelings on each of them. Thanks to this we can cheer for MC relationship or hate it, characters dont look like shells and story is more belivable.

Fun fact: Sister is no Li but we getting slap in the face with her tits before any other girl ;) Speaking of misunderstanding... ;D

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yeah, that's normal when the game usually has only one chapter :ROFLMAO: Thank you for explaining why my game is such a huge problem

Lesson learned: Next time, I need to release Chapter 18 first and gradually work my way down to Chapter 1. This will prevent anyone from not understanding the concept that "every story evolves".
It's amazing how often this advice comes from "Newbie" accounts.

Hey, George Lucas started with Episode 4....
Seriously, it's something I considered with my Steampunk game, telling the episodic story out of order--starting with Journey or Master level only to go back to apprentice later. Decided against it. I'm prepared for the criticism that an apprentice, sidekick character makes for a bad protagonist....

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
A few days ago, he wrote to me, "I'm here for the story and emotions" (a task that my game obviously fulfilled). A few hours later, he wrote "Good luck, dev, looking forward to the new update". Today he came and called me a "wannabe writer" and allegedly "criticized" me, and I can't take it. Is it really necessary to comment on his address? I could also give him one piece of advice... But I'd probably get banned, and it's really not in my interest to argue with a person who lives on the other side of the planet :rolleyes:
Of course you're a "wannabe writer" :KEK:
Like any other author who doesn't follow the rules of the "12 rules" guy.
https://f95zone.to/threads/12-rules-for-a-good-game.156659/
When you get tired of wondering how bizarre everything is arranged in people's heads :)
EDIT: Oh fuck, I missed that the last posts in this thread are yours :)

Last edited:

sulek83

Dec 16, 2021
A few days ago, he wrote to me, "I'm here for the story and emotions" (a task that my game obviously fulfilled)
Really now? I dont remember saying anything like that. I did say you shouldnt worry about animations because in my opinion most of the ppl like me in mature novels are for story and emotions. Where did you get this obviously fulfilled task vibe? Thats a mystery for me ;) Just because Im looking for next update doesnt mean anything really.

Let me said this again in simpler way, some ppl clearly dont understand what they are reading or want to understand only half of it.
Creating relationship from the very beginning with characters we as a readers know nothing about its not the best example of good story and thats it. If your going to create some memory flashback in next episodes to explain all of it thats fine. I was only reffering to first episode. Its clear to me that some ppl are already full of themselves since they can feel this already fullfilled tasks by their novel, how to argue with that? :) But keep your advices for youself.
Im outta here.

Last edited:

sulek83

Dec 16, 2021
Yes and thats about right. I like this part of your story when MC have to grown up faster because of reality etc but I finished first episode again. I didnt put to much thoughs about it after first time since it was so meaningless but after second time I started to ask myself question why out of blue we are informed about MCs relationship without putting any details on it or the girl? Its like waking up in a train going somewhere because someone told that but you have no idea how, when and why you get to that train... and that would be cool if plot was about amnesia.

and just because I have second thoughts about points of story after another playthrugh (crazy right? how its even possible? thats so no normal) doesnt mean I wish your game bad, on the contrary. I dont understand whats your point on quote my words, its like I need to have good opinion or not at all. Remainds me of some stream services...
But I stop here, I dont like this whole drama and you know, whos gonna listen advice from newbie right? Since looks like number of post is a indicator of experience here for some reasons. Thats some serious mature lvl sh*t.

Peace out.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 24 Votes